RE: RE: (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Kazuya -> RE: RE: (28/4/2008 3:04:57 PM)

It's working now thanks[:D]

Larry of Arabia -> RE: RE: (28/4/2008 3:08:19 PM)

Working for me too.

Olly Richards -> RE: RE: (28/4/2008 3:12:12 PM)

Oh thank God. Sorry about that. Just to be clear, this was in no way completely my fault and I totally understand everything technical and what all these buttons here do. This red one makes the internet go boomy.

livewire -> RE: RE: (28/4/2008 3:45:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olly Richards

Try again now. It's slightly possible that I hit the wrong button and banned almost all of the forum by accident. But I prefer to believe that this is just a rumour and it was in fact just the fault of this gremlin I've just pulled from the system and beaten to death.

[sm=18.gif]It's OK olly. We've all had one of those days. Their generally known as mondays

Ricorodrigeuz -> (28/4/2008 4:10:02 PM)

Before this everyone was worried about McKellen not returning but now he has, we can all rest and worry about if Indy will be any good or not.

The Todge -> RE: (28/4/2008 4:36:41 PM)

I felt a great disturbance in the force.  As if millions of voices suddenyl cried out in relief and may never be silenced.

Ooops wrong franchise.  But by lawks an ordy this is the news I've been waiting for.  GO DEL TORO!

mafyou -> RE: RE: (28/4/2008 4:48:06 PM)

Del Toro is probably the best director for the job. And learning of this golden tint sounds like it will be good. And this in-betweenquel...sounds interesting. Not sure it will be as good as the Hobbit or LotR though.

HarryHavoc -> slightly worried (28/4/2008 4:49:35 PM)

about what purpose the second film will have in it. There is no need just leave is as the hobbit and the 3 lord of the rings film, we dont need another film to show us the progression of middle earth.

but glad ian and serkis are back!

Overmind -> RE: slightly worried (28/4/2008 5:31:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HarryHavoc

about what purpose the second film will have in it. There is no need just leave is as the hobbit and the 3 lord of the rings film, we dont need another film to show us the progression of middle earth.

but glad ian and serkis are back!

I know JRRT  wrote tons of material, unfinnished stories, notes to fill in gaps and timelines .
So I do not doubt there are
enough material to make this midquel pretty canon.

Hoylus -> Lordy no... (28/4/2008 6:06:48 PM)

I was hoping that the two film split might go the way of 'The Hobbit: There' and 'The Hobbit: Back Again'.

But this bridge film idea sounds well dodgy. (and it IS a bridge film, it sits in between the hobbit and the LOTR and tells the 'missing story' (sic) of the 50 year gap.)

Now I know Del Toro is the man and he definately knows fantasy, but the weakest parts of the old LOTR trilogy were when they strayed from the source material - (The 'is aragorn dead?' storyline in TTT and 'Frodo in Osgiliath' from TTT, the reasoning for them going to Helm's deep - TTT er, just TTT then.) Inventing a whole chapter could be disasterous.

If however, there is original source material that outlines the time in between, it could be ok.

Indran -> Fuck sake empire (28/4/2008 6:12:28 PM)

Look, I don't care if you have a bewildering obsession with Del Toro and for some reason see him as a totally proven great director (true, Pan's Labrynth was good, but are any of his other films TRULY GREAT??), ...but I know you have accepted the LOTR trilogy as a masterpiece, for which I am greatful for I really believe it is untouchable... so PLEASE don't resort to niggling at details of the greatest ever trilogy just to try and support your boyfriend... not acceptable in my book; leave LOTR alone and pull your nose out of Del Toro's arse,

Indran -> Fuck sake empire (28/4/2008 6:12:34 PM)

Look, I don't care if you have a bewildering obsession with Del Toro and for some reason see him as a totally proven great director (true, Pan's Labrynth was good, but are any of his other films TRULY GREAT??), ...but I know you have accepted the LOTR trilogy as a masterpiece, for which I am greatful for I really believe it is untouchable... so PLEASE don't resort to niggling at details of the greatest ever trilogy just to try and support your boyfriend... not acceptable in my book; leave LOTR alone and pull your nose out of Del Toro's arse,

Bowl of Wrong -> RE: RE: (28/4/2008 6:33:37 PM)

I thought I'd been banned, the knife was pressed up against my throat when it came back on. Lucky timing, or not. Depends which way you look at it.

Anyway, token effort to be on topic: Very much looking forward to this, I hope he manages to get some deformed babies in jars in the films somewhere. That would be the business.

jonedney -> (28/4/2008 7:31:53 PM)

Well, having read the interview, this guy knows what he has to do. The Jackson/del Toro relationship seems certain to cement. As for Serkis and McKellen, well, that's just the icing on the cake.

beancounter -> RE: (28/4/2008 7:41:21 PM)

I don't have the books to hand, but from memory of The Hobbit, Gandalf refers to 'the Sorcerer' lurking in Mirkwood (following much earlier defeat by Isildur), and then in LOTR refers to him gaining power and returning to Mordor. Thus there is an oblique reference to Sauron in The Hobbit, but no direct link.

The 2nd film may therefore be about Sauron's return to power. Mouthwatering prospect, imho! [:)]

johndaly94 -> Cant Wait (28/4/2008 9:11:35 PM)

Just the idea of these two guys working together is mouthwatering.Im really glad that hes keeping with some of the original cast so it doesnt feel completly new.I cant wait to find out whos playing Bilbo.I am more excited about this than Indy IV and thats saying something.Its bad that were going to have to wait until 2011 for the first one to come out and if they dont shoot them back to back who knows when the next one will be out.

drake22 -> (28/4/2008 10:37:55 PM)

I'm positive, despite being negative on the whole second film bit. and toro will be great, but jackson has pretty much defined it in LOTR, so it seems del toro is a little bit of a waste of talent, or am i being silly?

dodger9uk -> Back away from the franchise (28/4/2008 11:03:37 PM)

Del Toro is a terrific visionary director, but two films? Leave it alone. Just make one, then do something else.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI