Grand Theft Auto IV (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Game Reviews

Empire Admin -> Grand Theft Auto IV (21/4/2008 2:19:24 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Clarence_Worley -> (21/4/2008 7:01:46 PM)

I absolutely cannot wait for this. Haven't pre-ordered but im sure i will get a copy at Game at the 12 am opening. Bloody love the GTA games, and this review did seem pretty harsh on its predecessors, but this does look to blow the others out of the water.

Clarence_Worley -> cant wait (21/4/2008 7:15:05 PM)

double post!

monkfishjoe -> RE: Grand Theft Auto IV (23/4/2008 1:46:15 PM)

Where is the review?  It's mentioned on Wikipedia, but the link doesn't work.  Also I can't find it in the Empire |reviews Centre!

Gartt -> RE: Grand Theft Auto IV (23/4/2008 6:13:12 PM)

probably got a notice from rockstar to take it down.

Olaf -> RE: Grand Theft Auto IV (24/4/2008 8:46:46 PM)

Doubt it - it wasn't exactly overly negative, and a fair few magazines have published reviews...seems very strange to take it down... 

Gartt -> RE: Grand Theft Auto IV (25/4/2008 4:08:46 PM)

Printed magazines yes, as they have publishing deadlines to adhere to, but find me a review online right now.

raclements -> (28/4/2008 10:54:50 AM)

I can't wait for this either... and was all geared up- my partners away next weekend and I was looking forward to 3 uninterupped days and nights of this game... then my 360 gave me the RROD on Saturday morning!!!!

tallaght24 -> PRE-ORDER or weep...SERIOUSLY! (28/4/2008 1:21:17 PM)

I hear alot of peeps say "na I won't pre-order it, i'll get it on the day". Ummm..hate to dissapoint you, but, no....no you won't. If you do, check the sky to see if there is a blue moon with pigs flying past. This game will rock, and if you want it to rock you on the 29th.....well I think you know.

jomo999 -> (29/4/2008 8:52:58 AM)

im extremely excited about this game. It's had the best critical reception any game has had since I first started gaming. Everyone is giving it perfect scores!

tallaght24 -> Official Xbox Magazine score: (29/4/2008 10:43:51 AM)

10/10. But then was there EVER any doubt?

carmbler -> Re: PRE-ORDER or weep...SERIOUSLY! (29/4/2008 11:15:29 AM)

Picked up a copy at Woolwolrths this morning and didn't pre-order. They had loads. Didn't see any flying pigs though?

tallaght24 -> Oh well.... (29/4/2008 11:38:59 AM)

...got mine on pre-order. Not everyone will be as jammy as you though.

markryan 086 -> Unbelieveable (30/4/2008 10:15:22 AM)

only got it yesterday and have played about 2 hours already and i
already know its gonna be the best gta ever.There is so many small things they have picked up on to improve the game immensly which
the last few have failed to do.The realism is fuckin unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samthemanc -> RE: Unbelieveable (30/4/2008 10:30:57 AM)

I've played it for 6 hours so far, i had to stop last night as i was nodding off and crashing into things and i was late for work this morning because i was playing it again [&:]

Haven't found any bad points, some of the cars are shite, but i like that they aren't all the same, it's just frustrating that i keep picking the wrong car to use.

tallaght24 -> OMFG!!!!! I love this GAME!!!!!!! (1/5/2008 9:10:33 AM)

One of my fave things was how Niko smashes the car windows, and hotwires the motor before tearing away. Also couldn't believe when I saw Ricky Gervais on the in-game TV. Laughed my ass off!

claudemg -> amazing game (1/5/2008 3:23:49 PM)

you need to play for a while just to realize how deep this game is...

i just found out now that u can phone 911 on ur mobile phone and call in the paramedics, the police or the fire dept. !!! you can also call every number u see in the game - on tv, on posters etc...i found this one service which tells u the name of the song u are listening to in ur car!!!!!! now THAT is what i call attention to detail....Oh and multiplayer is draining my social life ;)

the_equalizer -> Get smashed...literally! (1/5/2008 3:30:54 PM)

What fun! I went to a titty bar with my cousin, got trashed, staggered and fell all over the garden of the bar, beat up a cab driver and caused a 6 car pile up!

Then i got home and started playing GTA4!!

RoboMan24 -> Buy or Die! (1/5/2008 5:00:17 PM)

Just wanted to give my five stars. Done.

farley9 -> Escape From San Andreas (1/5/2008 5:45:09 PM)

Whether it be negoiating your drunken way out of a dangerous irish pub for the 1st time or the subsequent police dodging "drive" home and my niave tactic to happily abandon the rules of the road and discover the new found ability to see the effictiveness of a seatbelt which works better than any goverment sponsered advent. It truely is the simple things in life (be it virtual or not) that bring joy and laughter to an old gamer who remembers the birds-eyed view gta origins. How can one game/genre change sooo much, but not at all maintaining the same levels of enjoyment. As Snake one said "THE MORE THINGS CHANGE THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME". And for the better in this case! Thanks Pliskin.

waynemac76 -> ITS RUBBISH (1/5/2008 6:04:01 PM)

Am i the only one who thinks this game is rubbish!!!!

JUST KIDDING it rocks the most perfect game to hit the shelves in years i love it and between GTA IV and the wii fit im struggling to find time to feed my 3 children, gotta go they are screaming for food!

Ricorodrigeuz -> I knew this would be groundbreaking (2/5/2008 9:42:56 AM)

If this game was a film it would be incredibly long but with the amazing voice acting and suberb storytelling, it would be awesome.

Funk -> Brilliant but sooooooooooooo big! (3/5/2008 12:16:50 AM)

This is going to take till 2018 to see it all!

nc_jj -> Groundbreaking. (4/5/2008 5:29:01 AM)

A must-play. Perfect.

nc_jj -> Groundbreaking. (4/5/2008 5:29:01 AM)

A must-play. Perfect.

Tosh -> minted (4/5/2008 6:01:59 PM)

just minted!!!

love the mobile phone interface. you can phone a number from the social club on the GTA IV website and it saves the song your currently listening to onto the website

Gold Digger -> Impressive but.. (6/5/2008 4:00:29 PM)

It does for the most part blow your socks off and hats off to Rock Star but there are niggles that frustrate me. I don't think the auto aiming feature works that well. How many times does it try to aim at targets behind obstacles? While a bad guy is right in front. The cars bounce and slide about on the road and it feels far too much of the game plays out at night time when the game doesn't look that special.

tallaght24 -> Love this game! (7/5/2008 2:02:01 PM)

Never have I had so much fun on a game. The mission where your rob the bank is INTENSE!!!! It is exactly like the bit in the movie 'Heat' where De Niro and Co. are legging it from the old bill, while stopping to shoot every few seconds. Like I said....INTENSE!!!!!

iamevilhomer! -> Boring (8/5/2008 11:51:44 PM)

Queued in a popular s'market chain at midnight last monday (first in line actually) and enjoyed it for all of about 4 hours. yeh it looks pretty great, (although gears on 360 which i also have is visually better over 18 months earlier...go figure) but got bored quickly. ("pick me up nico i need to go here and there, blah blah...drive, avoid cops, shoot someone, blah blah blah...missions all samey). another site compared this to first playing zelda- ocarina of time (best game of all time TM.). nuff said.

tallaght24 -> What a difference a week makes. (20/5/2008 9:26:13 AM)

I find the novelty rapidly wearing off with this game. My christ is it repetitive!

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI