Exclusive: New Clone Wars Images (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: New Clone Wars Images (21/4/2008 12:07:58 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Jeehde2 -> So good. (21/4/2008 12:07:58 PM)

Despite it being animated, I'm really looking forward to this. I like the style and hey ... it's better then nothing !

chriscoulthard -> The Thing Is.... (21/4/2008 12:28:33 PM)

I just don't seem to care anymore. Have to admit that it does look good but the footage so far bored me and these images don't pump my balls at all. It's a CARTOON for crying out loud.

Seamie -> Bet the original.... (21/4/2008 12:28:52 PM)

...Genndy Tartakovsky series pees all over this though. That show wasn't afraid to have minutes at a time of silence and pure action. Here's hoping Lucas didn't have a hand at any dialogue in this!
The 2003 series was amazing. That Kit Fisto ep was pure genius!

exandakane -> RE: So good. (21/4/2008 12:29:05 PM)

Fact that it is animated is likely to be to its strengths - Star Wars is a lot different now - and it'll be action, action, action and hopefully less emphasis on sour performances, awful writing and pondering that the Prequels successfully became a masterclass in. I keep even forgetting this is arriving in the summer, perhaps because it is such a blatant marketing move.

Mad Dog Tannen -> Not for me. (21/4/2008 2:12:14 PM)

I don't like the look of this at all, and I'm not convinced that what they've made is really cinema, you know? Plus, this is a movie based on what has turned out to be the least interesting part of the whole movie series. I'm going anyway, if only to see the Warner logo before the title crawl!

Makman -> Clone Wars (21/4/2008 2:41:48 PM)

Hopefully, the CGI film and series will be as good as Tartakosky's animated series (which were better than Star Wars Eps 1 & 2).

Ambition -> Sceptical (21/4/2008 3:00:15 PM)

I'm really not convinced by the animation style personally. It looks like something made for TV - and I'd rather see a feature length Tartakovsky! Whats with the cross over anyway - didn't that chick sith die in 'Clone Wars'? Did she survive, or is this gonna reference events in Tartakovsky's?

keaneye -> Now I'm worried (21/4/2008 4:00:51 PM)

I was looking for to this, but now I don't think the blocky, hard edge design transfers well into 3D. I would rather seen the 3D aid the design rather than the other way round. George Lucas said it would look like painted canvas textured characters with a 3D look, but this kind of looks like student standard 3D modelling with decent textures. The arms look slightly disjointed on the elbows of Skywalker and the shoulder muscles on the Sith doesn't look like it's moving with the rest of the arm. Still, I like to think these are just very early images and these kinks will be fixed. There's still a good few months to wait yet.

Ricorodrigeuz -> Remember Madagascar (21/4/2008 4:27:35 PM)

Thats the look I think they are going for, mixing straight lines with curved edges. Doesn't look amzing now but hopefully in HD it will come to life.

Teamwak -> So not interested (21/4/2008 5:25:18 PM)

Really, really not.

Animation looks cheap, and the whole Stars Wars thing is so 20th centary lol. Can we please move on!

Deacon Frost -> (21/4/2008 7:39:44 PM)

The bald dude looks just like Billy Corgan, out of Smashing Pumkins.

IstariAllStar08 -> Massive gamble.... (21/4/2008 10:53:32 PM)

It looks an okay format but not one thats likely to be revolutionary! The massive worry as a fan is that this animated movie/tv series could ruin an already damaged legendary piece of cinema storytelling. The second trilogy was disapointing this new concept is a massive gamble.....but i still remain hopeful.....just!

EthanInSpace -> Lucas Gets His Wish (22/4/2008 5:11:25 PM)

In the latest trilogy, the actors seemed to be place settings to build the SFX around. What they said or how they said it was of little consequence. Now he's able to hurdle them all together.

Jim Bob -> I can see it now... (22/4/2008 9:53:50 PM)

The Empire review for "Clone Wars" was merely a two word review which simply read "Shit Wars".

mikeeo2 -> wow that looks amazing.. (25/4/2008 4:01:58 PM)

...ly poor....

Why didn't he just leave it at the abysmal Episode 3 and just call it a day...

Jahad -> (25/4/2008 11:32:03 PM)

i think its good that star wars is coming back the screnshots look really good...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI