Aliens: Colonial Marines (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

thepluginbaby -> Aliens: Colonial Marines (26/3/2008 7:12:06 PM)

So I've seen the game advertised on the new official Playstation and Xbox magazines but being a cheapskate I wasn't going to actually buy them.  A bit of research says its going to tell the story of a group of colonial marines despatched to the Sullaco after Aliens (Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop have been jetisoned out to space etc Alien 3).  Apparently its going to have 4 player co op! Its about time we had a next gen Aliens game.  Hopefully it won't disappoint like recent additions to the Aliens universe.

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Alienscolonialmarines1.jpg[/image]t

Chojin -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (26/3/2008 7:17:05 PM)

i remember hearing rumours about this game back when the PS2 was young. who knows whether it'll happen or not

juanvasquez -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (26/3/2008 7:17:32 PM)

I seem to remember sometime ago that Sega were working on an Alien game. Then just disappeared. I hope this can be this gen's Alien Trilogy. That game was awesome.

boys_dont_cry -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (27/3/2008 5:26:17 PM)

Is there any online storys about this yet?

I despise the offical magazines and rufuse to buy them....

Fletcher -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (30/3/2008 6:17:38 PM)

I bought the xbox 360 mag and have to say that i can't wait for this game. Graphics look amazing, One nice touch they have done is to get rid of a HUD, the ammo counter is built into the gun and if you want to use the motion tracker then you have to swao it with the pulse rifle.

The missions look as if they will be split up with traditional style corridor sections mixed with outdoor missions and levels where you have to place turrets, seal doors and hold the Alien swarm off.

I think its out in the autumn and i cannot wait for it, its been years since theres been an Alien game i wanted to play.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (30/3/2008 6:18:25 PM)

I thought this game was cancelled years ago.

target -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (30/3/2008 7:23:45 PM)

I think it's going to have 4 player co-op to, i might be wrong though.

Timon -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (5/2/2010 11:59:14 AM)

Just to clarify, has this game been completely scrapped or has it evolved into the new Aliens vs Predator game due out next month?

kata -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (5/2/2010 12:11:46 PM)

Neither. Apparently its just been delayed. The Gearbox website still shows it as in development. Was looking forward to this one.

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (5/2/2010 12:12:12 PM)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines

Nope, still being made, apparently.  It was the Aliens themed RPG that was canned.

Timon -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (5/2/2010 2:00:34 PM)

So we're going to get TWO Aliens games this year? Nice.

thepluginbaby -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (5/2/2010 2:24:05 PM)

Insiders can't understand why the game hasn't been released apparently since it is supposed to look and play like a finished game. Its been so long in development it seems, and since space marine shooters are in vogue its amazing why it is still taking time to hit store shelves. As Sega are the publishers, they are supposed to be waiting to see how AVP sells before they announce a concrete release date. Still seems weird because any self respecting Aliens fan has been foaming at the mouth for a next gen game that does justice to the whole universe and I can't believe Sega hasn't capitalised on this. Sure space marine shooters are in vogue especially after Halo but Aliens is where it all came from. After Borderlands, I think Gearbox have demonstrated how they can make the shooter appear fresh. Then again even if it just manages to be a L4D styled co-op shooter it will still be immense, especially if your setting up sentry guns, welding doors shut and watching motion sensors. I reckon it could be a big game that will be shown at E3 later this year.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (5/2/2010 2:29:39 PM)

I would love a great Aliens game - has there ever been a really good one over the years?

thepluginbaby -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 4:49:59 PM)

Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...

http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/649/33/

After being teased, it is finally official, it will be released in Spring 2012, it will act as a follow up to Aliens, it will be seen at E3 next week.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread in celebration.

kata -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 4:51:52 PM)

Screenshot and trailer from the E3 thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNpfL1XdHpE&feature=player_embedded

[image]http://h5.abload.de/img/xenoattack_720fmdg.jpg[/image]

Really hope this turns out good, return to the movie locations too.

Dark Knight -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 6:47:05 PM)

I just did a bit of a sex wee! [sm=08.gif]

Seeing is believing, but I still dont believe it [:D]

Pratt82 -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 7:18:00 PM)

Just about to post the same link.................Dark Knight is right, defo 'sex wee' news! [:D]

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 7:24:30 PM)

If they do co-op online campagins I will need to invest in a headset in order to continually quote Aliens.

"Watch your corners!"

Dark Knight -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 7:32:54 PM)

"I'm telling you man, there's something moving in here and it ain't us!"

kata -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 7:40:48 PM)

Do something early on in the game to show how devastating an attack by an alien is.  Give me limited health, limited ammo, an objective and a motion tracker then send me on my way... perfect Aliens game.

juanvasquez -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 7:42:24 PM)

"They're coming out of the walls!"

Really hoping that co-op is gonna be state of the badass art! Hoping replicate the L4D experience only with Aliens!

rich -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 8:05:21 PM)

Uh .... didnt they nuke the site from orbit [&:]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 9:02:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Do something early on in the game to show how devastating an attack by an alien is.  Give me limited health, limited ammo, an objective and a motion tracker then send me on my way... perfect Aliens game.

I want unlimited ammo and unlimited health or I'll turn out like this [:(]

[image]http://www.allouttabubblegum.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Aliens11.jpg[/image]

directorscut -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 9:08:14 PM)

I'd rather play Obsidian's now-cancelled Aliens RPG.  [:(]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 9:10:35 PM)

Aliens RPG? WTF! Not sure how it would have captured the balls out tension of Aliens but it would have been fucking great to have a go on that.

Ghidorah -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 9:53:44 PM)

Surely the coloney is one big crater and there is a strong posibility the blast also took out the egg chamber under the unknown spaceship.

thepluginbaby -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 10:28:23 PM)

Nah not the space jockey's ship... Where else are you going to get all those eggs from? Must be quite a big moon... 

indysgill -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 10:40:37 PM)

I had it pre-ordered from that very first pic at the top there, but since it never got a release date for over two years it was cancelled.
Looks like its time to pre-order again, or do I wait for the inevitable Primo-edition?!

indysgill -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (1/6/2011 10:49:50 PM)

Got this from Kotaku

SOME GAMEPLAY CLIPS:

Type 66.194.172.6 "the ip shown in the trailer" in your URL and use FATHER as the host name and you will get an extended trailer that shows brief game play.

juanvasquez -> RE: Aliens: Colonial Marines (2/6/2011 12:00:18 AM)

[sm=893obsessed-thumb.gif]

May have been brief but they looked good!

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI