RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Willie Mayes Hayes -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (20/2/2009 3:09:35 PM)

regarding the d-pad problems - I know this is blasphemy (I feel a bit dirty even mentioning it), but has anyone tried playing it with the thumbstick?

losthighway -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (20/2/2009 3:35:03 PM)

So, after months of waiting I've just been to my local Blockbuster and picked up SF4 and Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection for £21.98 total!!! I traded-in POP, Sonic Unleashed and Condemned 2 for £33 total towards them.

Anyway, had a quick go on SF4... Looks amazing, loving the Backstreet Boys song on the intro [;)] and this has to be the campest looking game I think i've ever seen. [:D] The only major snag so far is that i've twice had a little message pop up and interupt during gameplay saying... Please reconnect your controller. The controller is wireless, I've haven't touched anything, it worked fine with Sega Mega Drive UC and so after holding down the X button in the centre for a bit, the XBox seems to recognise it again, the little light comes back on and off I go again. Not sure what that's all about?

Souljahsstory -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (20/2/2009 3:49:29 PM)

I just had a few goes on it, graphics look great, online is really smooth ( only had one laggy match) but the ps3 pad hurts my thumb and i'm having difficulties pulling off the special moves.

If anyone fancies a few online matches, Souljahsstory is my psn addy.

Ghidorah -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (20/2/2009 3:54:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Willie Mayes Hayes

regarding the d-pad problems - I know this is blasphemy (I feel a bit dirty even mentioning it), but has anyone tried playing it with the thumbstick?

The only way of progressing through the harder difficulties is use of the super and ultra combos. The only way of pulling them and this exclude accidently is the use of the D pad. Without them then you WILL HAVE PROBLEMS DEFEATING THE FIRST BOSS ON EASY. However there are two difficulties settings below called very easy and easiest.

Yeti -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (20/2/2009 5:12:58 PM)

I'll twat the living twat out of anyone tonight, if they fancy it?

benmharper -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (20/2/2009 5:40:58 PM)

Mine's arrived, and i'm utter balls at it. Got through the first 2 rounds ok but then was destroyed of Abel.
Tried a couple of online games and haven't won a round yet

Yeti -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (20/2/2009 7:43:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

I've just come back from town where I've managed to grab a few minutes on this in Game and handed out some old school kickings to a couple of spotty oiks*.  They'd got it set up in HD and I've got to say it looks pretty tasty.  It also feels really smooth.

The only thing preventing me from parting with my hard earned for it was the prospect of her indoors laying down her own Ultra on me**.

*In retrospect, I should've let them win, given the way they hung around outside the shop afterwards.  I could've been happy slapped.  Do they still do that?

** This where she lifts me up with one hand, dismantles my genitalia with the other, before depositing me on the settee to sleep for the night.

You, Chief, are the new awesome.

ChickMagnet -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (20/2/2009 8:04:39 PM)

I've owned the game for 8 hours - and apart from numb finger-tips I've already found an immense hatred for he we call Seth

The REAL Bozz -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (20/2/2009 11:39:30 PM)

I just got mine and have to give up as Im in work tomorrow. Its a lovely looking game but it's fucking solid. I thought I'd be blasting away with Cammy and Fei Long in no time but at this rate I don't think I'll ever be playing as them. Bollocks. Ive tried to put the settings on v.easy/one round and still can't beat it. ARRRRGHHH! LOl. Great, FUN game none the less.

I like Seth, thought that Crimson Viper was a bit meh and Ryu, Blanka and Dalsim are ace as always [sm=happy34.gif]

Souljahsstory -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 7:26:48 AM)

My thumb hurts and I can't pull off the special moves [:(]

lbiu -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 8:46:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Souljahsstory

My thumb hurts and I can't pull off the special moves†[:(]

me too
[:(]

Yeti -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 11:05:45 AM)

This is horrid. My hand is a claw, and Giz and Spek beat me up.

Bloody bullies.

Gizmo 76 -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 11:46:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

This is horrid. My hand is a claw, and Giz and Spek beat me up.

Bloody bullies.

I did feel bad beating you [:(]

But beating Spek made me [:D]

Peter Griffin -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 11:52:21 AM)

quote:

I did feel bad beating you [:(]

But beating Spek made me [:D]

I hope your misses doesn't read that Giz [;)]
So is Street Fighter 4 any good?

the anomaly -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 12:34:40 PM)

I love this game...[:)]

Started the story mode but low and behold a new challenger entered the arena...my brother. A man who has not picked up a pad properly since GTA3 and after that only for the next Pro-evolution game each year. Now he only bothers with Football Manager...Yet SF4 dragged him back into the ring. I have previously mentioned my found memories of playing SF2 with my brother. It holds a special place in my heart also as it was also my first snes game plus SF is the shizz...full stop.

After a the first round it was clear my brother had not forgotten how to play. [:D] He beat me as Sagat...needless to say I went on to show him who holds the SF crown now. Beating him to a pulp with Ryu (perfect I may add) and I went on to do so against all his other attacks. I have to give it to him though for old times sake he did manage to beat me with his old favourite Ken.

Once it was clear who was top dog we just went through all the characters. He held his own as long as I was not Ryu or Ken and beat me most of the time. During all this time I have to admit...the xbox pad held up for me...no claw...no fucking up due to the pad just me pulling off smooth moves. I am truly shocked. My love of SF is no seceret and I have been playing SFA3 recently so I am up to speed to an extent. But I really thought the pad would hold me back a lot more. I have played the HD demo A LOT with a mate of mine and the pad has failed me then. But on SF4 I have to say it is a testament to how tight the controls are as I have found the pad to be good!

I will probaly be on this most of the day...still not taking challenges though! [:D] I want to be at my best before I go online! I have heard what is out there[&:] . Besides as Akuma says in SFA the movie "A true warrior must have all his powers at the ready" or somthing...so I will be online...when I feel I am half decent.

Gizmo 76 -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 2:23:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

My misses enjoys me beating Yeti..... she enjoys this very much!!

and yes, it's a bloody wonderful game, get out there and pick it up!!

lbiu -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 3:01:00 PM)

Has anyone mastered the super/ultra combos for M. Bison or Balrog?? I just can't get any of the moves which involve charging. I have no idea how to pull them off. Fei Long, Ken, Ryu, Sakura, Dan, Akuma, Gen and Zangief are pretty easy to pull off.

Also: CoporalLionel is my xbox tag if anyone wants a fight[sm=box2.gif][sm=fighting01.gif]

Yeti -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 4:55:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

My misses enjoys me beating Yeti..... she enjoys this very much!!

and yes, it's a bloody wonderful game, get out there and pick it up!!

Did it put a smile on her grumpy face? I'm gonna right bloody beat you next time, Chief. I'm on a two streak online now! No more bog-washing me, you hear. And your Spek. He's like, all dead too. I'm gonna get my Dad on you.

The Hooded Man -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 6:21:44 PM)

OUTSTANDING STUFF DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GET STREET FIGHTER III?

James2183 -> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! (21/2/2009 7:37:52 PM)

Pretty good so far. Seth is an absolute bastard of a final boss though and almost got me throwing the controller at the TV a few times. The graphics are very good although the anime cut scenes are a little strange in the style next to the game.

Completed it on Medium with Ken so far, as well as done a few of the challenges. Can't wait to give the online game a go.

losthighway -> RE: Controller problems! (21/2/2009 8:09:23 PM)

OK, is anyone else have serious probs with their XBox 360 wireless controller. Mine keeps packing up mid fight, that little message Please reconnect your controller appears, I do as I mentioned above hold down the green X button and it suddenly starts working again.

This has happened at least 5 times now. Please tell me someone else is having problems with it because it is only happening when I play SF4. The controller works perfectly fine with all my other games.

juanvasquez -> RE: Controller problems! (21/2/2009 8:10:26 PM)

It doesn't need charging by any chance?

losthighway -> RE: Controller problems! (21/2/2009 8:20:33 PM)

As far as i'm aware no. The batteries are new and it's working fine with my other games.

the anomaly -> RE: Controller problems! (21/2/2009 10:06:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

OK, is anyone else have serious probs with their XBox 360 wireless controller. Mine keeps packing up mid fight, that little message Please reconnect your controller appears, I do as I mentioned above hold down the green X button and it suddenly starts working again.

This has happened at least 5 times now. Please tell me someone else is having problems with it because it is only happening when I play SF4. The controller works perfectly fine with all my other games.

Are the batteries in properly? I have had that problem and that has been the solution.

James2183 -> RE: Controller problems! (22/2/2009 12:37:24 PM)

It is official: Seth is the most annoying fucking boss every created in a fighting game. 

Captain Black -> RE: Controller problems! (22/2/2009 12:42:49 PM)

Even moreso than Magneto in X-Men: Children of the Atom?

James2183 -> RE: Controller problems! (22/2/2009 12:48:07 PM)

I can't remember him in that game, the Marvel games never really got me as much as the StreetFighter ones. Finally managed to figure out how to beat him though, aerial attacks wont work from what I have discovered and you have to wait for him to perform ground attacks instead.

His first form is easy to beat but then he just gets silly [:D]

Ghidorah -> RE: Controller problems! (22/2/2009 4:54:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

It is official: Seth is the most annoying fucking boss every created in a fighting game.†

Really? No offense but I am no way a Street Fighter Pro but it only took me 20 attempts the most to defeat him on hardest. Two of those attempts were really close and all I needed was a single strike to take him down only for him to use his special on me out of the blue. Dead or Alive 4 boss is worst but she also teleport.

rich -> RE: Controller problems! (22/2/2009 5:58:29 PM)

Is it still as hard as I remember SF being? Tempted by rave reviews, but thats been done before...

the anomaly -> RE: Controller problems! (22/2/2009 6:35:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

It is official: Seth is the most annoying fucking boss every created in a fighting game. 

Really? No offense but I am no way a Street Fighter Pro but it only took me 20 attempts the most to defeat him on hardest. Two of those attempts were really close and all I needed was a single strike to take him down only for him to use his special on me out of the blue. Dead or Alive 4 boss is worst but she also teleport.

Dem b fightin words! [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI