New Speed Racer Trailers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Speed Racer Trailers (10/3/2008 8:23:31 AM)

Post your comments on this article

dunkah -> (10/3/2008 8:23:31 AM)

Wow. Totally underwhelming. I've never been so unexcited by a trailer in my life.

Glass3005 -> MY EYES! (10/3/2008 8:43:43 AM)

Jesus, my eyes have melted into my skull! Kinda like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark but less serious!

...So is that what taking hallucinogenic drugs is like?

CHUFFSTER -> (10/3/2008 9:35:17 AM)

so,they've finished Toy Story 3 then?........Oh,hold on....What utter,utter shite.

jerome maz -> I like (10/3/2008 10:41:43 AM)

I think it looks really cool. I am personally looking forward to it. The problem with your British readers is they didn't get to see Speed Racer on Saturday morning kids TV here. It was all crap like Banana Man and Super Ted. This looks just like the cartoon, but better.

whitelighter -> (10/3/2008 10:48:02 AM)

As much as it pains me to say it... Forget INDY, Forget IRON MAN... This will blow urs minds & I predict it will take the most money this summer!!!

the ageless stranger -> I honestly don't know what to think......... (10/3/2008 11:17:26 AM)

It's just.....what the hell? It could be loads of fun, and very well might be, but the very small amount of acting we see in the trailers looks awful. I know, I know, this isn't gonna be a film that emphasises acting, but when Hirch delivers that "Oh no?", my heart sinks. (How can you mess up two words?) Still, the races do look cool. But then there's all the fakeness. I JUST CAN'T DECIDE!!!!

magnusbarfod -> urrrrggggggggggggh. (10/3/2008 11:40:49 AM)

this is one of the most depressing things i have ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes upon.

this should be burned.

mafyou -> RE: urrrrggggggggggggh. (10/3/2008 12:56:14 PM)

I'm not quite sure what to think of this one. Looks like it might be an entertaining film but it looks as though it could be truly awful. I have enough faith in the Wachowski's to believe it won't be the latter.

mafyou -> RE: urrrrggggggggggggh. (10/3/2008 1:00:00 PM)

I'm not quite sure what to think of this one. Looks like it might be an entertaining film but it looks as though it could be truly awful. I have enough faith in the Wachowski's to believe it won't be the latter.

bad hat harry -> RE: (10/3/2008 3:13:26 PM)

its hard to tell from a minute and a half trailer what this will be like but that trailer felt like they made an entire movie out of the pod race from the phantom menace, the animation isnt even that much better. still emile hirsh was great in into the wild so its got that on its side at least. it is a kids movie so i dont expect anybody to get their milkshake drunk but i imagine there'll be worse ways to spend 90 minutes over the summer

Caster -> RE: urrrrggggggggggggh. (10/3/2008 3:13:54 PM)

[Phoebe] Ohhhh....no [/Phoebe]

Workshed -> RE: New Speed Racer Trailers (10/3/2008 3:23:53 PM)

What in THE THE FUCK were the Wochowskis thinking directing this? They really need to prove to the world that The Matrix wasn't a fluke and make up for the dire sequels.
I really don't know what to think and it doesn't look like Empire does either, judging by their very brief synopsis of the trailer (perhaps, understandably, trying not to piss off Warner Brothers).

Kazuya -> RE: New Speed Racer Trailers (10/3/2008 3:27:43 PM)

It looks okay.

sowasred2012 -> I'm gonna watch this (10/3/2008 6:07:05 PM)

because it's not very often that a trailer makes me feel like my eyes are being sick.

kinge247 -> RE: I'm gonna watch this (11/3/2008 12:42:22 AM)

I'm not.  Don't want to go to the opticians for new eyes afterwards. I'll wait for the reviews and buy some welding goggles to watch it through if it gets 4 stars +.

GSpector -> Speed Racer Movie... (11/3/2008 1:24:46 AM)

I grew up watching Speed Racer and I would really like to see the Mach 5 finally on the BIG SCREEN. The problem I have is this movie, from what I've seen so far is a great promo for a new Arcade/Console game, not a Movie.

I'd like to see the Mach 5 actually racing on real streets and mountain passes (with blue screen of course), just like it did in the cartoons. The car is real (sort of), why can't the environment be.

That's just my 2¢ worth before I decide if I'll spend $7 for a ticket.

max314 -> RE: New Speed Racer Trailers (12/3/2008 11:54:27 PM)

When the movie was first announced, Joel Silver was jumping up and down about how visually unique this thing was going to be.

Emile Hirsch said something like "it's going to be a cross between pop art, Blade Runner, and Andy Warhol".

And, to their credit, that's exactly what we've got.

Those of you complaining about your eyes need to go some place and do something, because I think it's utterly ridiculous to pussy out of such ambition at a time when the true post-CG potential for movie visuals is just waiting to be truly unleashed.

As long as there's a Toy Story-like endearing family script embedded in those incredible visuals, I think we could be in for a potential classic.

And now we wait.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.054688E-02