RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

lordpayne -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 9:02:55 AM)

and if hes been cast in two iconic characters in two sets of iconic franchises, he must be a capable actor. not sure ive seen him in anything else though...

Ghidorah -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 9:07:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordpayne

quote:

ORIGINAL: max314

Can't dogs sense Terminators?
maybe thats how they find out dogs can sense them. i

John would of told them. However the guy might be a captured soldier and turned into an Assassin. If you watch The Terminator, Reese said there are other machines that sneaked into their community but the Terminators are the worst. Maybe he's something we haven't seen and this how Skynet caught John off guard.

As for Reese being born after judgement day then it could follow SC or T3. Feck.

Mojo -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 10:15:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Im trying to stay open minded about this new film but this latest casting is odd. Is there any need for Kyle to be a teenager? Wasn't he born after Judgement Day, as in way into the future war. Bollocks, Im not even that arsed to be honest. T1 and T2 are boss and hopefully this will turn out good. I'd laugh if they cast half the cast from Gossip Girl or somthing to fill out Kyle's crew. That would be hysterical, hysterically WRONG!

According to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (but then again I'm supposing the show has a different canon to this film) Kyle was 8 when Judgement Day happened. If he was born after Judgement Day then surely he'd be even younger?

LEEJGM -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 11:39:38 AM)

In Terminator 1, Reese says he grew up after the Judgement Day.  So he wasn't born in 1997 (the original Judgement Day). However, Judgement Day has been postponed in both T3 and SCC so Reese has to have been born before Judgment Day.
I'd bet he was born in 1999, making him about 30 in Terminator 1 (he came from 2029).  I believe that would also tie up with TSCC.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 12:51:15 PM)

I don't think the time line continuity bears much investigation. Isn't Recce meant to be 22 years old in Terminator, according to the script? I could be wrong but I'm sure I read this somewhere.

Mojo -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 12:52:21 PM)

quote:

I don't think the time line continuity bears much investigation. Isn't Recce meant to be 22 years old in Terminator, according to the script? I could be wrong but I'm sure I read this somewhere.

Thats right, but Biehn was 27 when cast his him so I don't know if that age carried into the final film. I think Sarah Connor is meant to be about 20 or something.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 12:53:19 PM)

Can we have an Aliens prequel with a young Hicks? Maybe he fought xenomorphes in the past but forgot about it by the time the film happened. [:D]

dracovir -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 12:58:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Can we have an Aliens prequel with a young Hicks? Maybe he fought xenomorphes in the past but forgot about it by the time the film happened. [:D]

Classic Studio Logic [sm=happy07.gif]   better delete that post - someone might read it and get ideas [sm=ohmy.gif]

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 12:58:20 PM)

Yeah when you do look at the timeline and go back to T1 she is either 19 or 20. I think the point was that they where suposed to be young, hence Sara's reaction to Kyle being so closed down emotionally, so much so she offers a mercy fuck, what a woman. I supose the next person to be cast will be the female lead in T4, last I read it's a gal from the resistance called Blair, although with the rewrites we may end up with Sara coming back! Lol, no mention of Kate Brewster thank the Lord.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 1:11:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dracovir

quote:

Classic Studio Logic [sm=happy07.gif]   better delete that post - someone might read it and get ideas [sm=ohmy.gif]

Justin Timberlake will play Hicks (who also does a dance track number that plays over the opening credits), Owen Wilson, Will Farrell or Vince Vauhn will play Hudson, and Jessica Alba will be Vasquez.

Also, it's PG13 and set on Earth.

darth silas -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 1:12:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Anton yelchin is terrible casting for Reese,he doesnt look one bit like Michael biehn! They should have cast Josh duhamel from Transformers.

He does actually...

[image]http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Anton_Yelchin/anton_yelchin.jpg[/image] [image]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10101724A~Michael-Biehn-Terminator-Posters.jpg[/image]

Thats not a great picture of Yelchin, but he has the right bone structure for a young Reese, they can do the rest with make up.

Buy lets not let you know, actual facts get in the way of a good rant, hey Silas? [;)][:D]
Sorry,i just dont see it.They look absolutely different.I do think he looks the part of a young pavel chekov but Kyle ''smash those metal motherfuckers into junk!'' reese? Dont think so.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 1:13:13 PM)

Id watch that film.[:D]

darth silas -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 1:16:59 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: dracovir

quote:

Justin Timberlake will play Hicks (who also does a dance track number that plays over the opening credits), Owen Wilson, Will Farrell or Vince Vauhn will play Hudson, and Jessica Alba will be Vasquez.

Also, it's PG13 and set on Earth.
And Chris tucker is playing SGT Apone and Martin fucking lawrence is private Frost[:D]

Tech_Noir -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 4:15:50 PM)

Newt will be played by a 19 year old blonde who has a "feisty" attitude and knows martial arts.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 7:05:36 PM)

MAKE THIS FILM!!!!!!!!

Tech_Noir -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/3/2008 8:59:23 PM)

quote:

MAKE THIS FILM!!!!!!!!

They're already shooting right now, the writers will start working on the script later this year.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (21/3/2008 12:43:30 AM)

[sm=happy07.gif] Would not surprise me.

Anyways some new news at this link http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Scoop-Terminator-4-Plot-Details-8238.html

The plan is to now intergrate the TV show into the new films, which they should because it's boss. Info aswell about John and Kyle and how their relationship will work and also mentioned is the idea to revisit some of the Terminator models from the earlier films, I.E. Patrick, Lokken and Arnie of course.

frankie -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (21/3/2008 3:14:04 PM)

http://enitechlabs.com/index.html

Ghidorah -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (3/4/2008 11:31:55 PM)

quote:

[sm=happy07.gif] Would not surprise me.

Anyways some new news at this link http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Scoop-Terminator-4-Plot-Details-8238.html

The plan is to now intergrate the TV show into the new films, which they should because it's boss. Info aswell about John and Kyle and how their relationship will work and also mentioned is the idea to revisit some of the Terminator models from the earlier films, I.E. Patrick, Lokken and Arnie of course.

So the Terminator's Cameron will be popping up in the new film series but what sides does she take?

David Dvd 1988 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (18/4/2008 6:48:58 PM)

Looks like there may not be a T4 afterall which if true is disappointing cause it had a good cast and screenwriter and then theres McG[:@]..........but hopefully its not true[:(]

http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/more/has_t4_been_shut_down/

darth silas -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (18/4/2008 11:13:31 PM)

I hope its true its been shut down.T3 was the perfect finish to the story IMO.The less said about Sarah connor chronicles the better.

LEEJGM -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (19/4/2008 6:50:45 PM)

quote:

The less said about Sarah connor chronicles the better.

Oh fuck me, here we go again.

Silas, it's a shame you haven't persevered with it because it's actually got very good and i believe the story is better than T3's and I liked T3.

Ivan_Drago -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (19/4/2008 11:51:44 PM)

Taking TSCC into account and completely ignoring T3 (which is everyones best option by the way), Judgement Day is delayed until April 21st 2011. Kyle is shown in a flashback/foreward thingy as being 8 therefore he was born 6 years after the original Judgement Day which would fit in with Reese's story in The Terminator. This would make Reese 26 when he's sent back to 1984. The writers really did their homework on the TV show, the whole chronology fits.

And I believe Sarah is supposed to be 18/19-ish The Terminator

max314 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/4/2008 12:07:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LEEJGM

Silas, it's a shame you haven't persevered with it because it's actually got very good and i believe the story is better than T3's and I liked T3.

I second that.

In summation:
  • The pilot episode was not fantastic.  It was just "okay".  But it had a great twist ending that was a much more accurate reflection of what was to come than the first 90% of that episode.
  • The second episode was where the series really started to come into its own.  Already, it was becoming more interesting than Terminator 3 - better story, better characterisation, and a better effort was made to ensure everything would fit perfectly around the canonised mythology of James Cameron's original films.
  • Watching the series week after week was an incredible experience.  It really was a case of watching an ugly duckling turn into an amazingly beautiful swan.  There were moments of genuinely hair-raising tension, there were mysterious glimpses into the future, there were plot twists and turns that kept you guessing, there were wonderfully watchable moments with characters and character relationships, there are some great moments when the series makes reference to and then narratively integrates elements of James Cameron's original movies, there are moments of genuinely witty dialogue and character interplay, there are moments of high action...and there are moments of real emotionality.  These are all achievements in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles that Terminator 3 couldn't even touch.
As far as I'm concerned, this new series is an almost perfect replacement to that piece of shit third movie.  I can actually put it out of my mind as a silly B-movie rip off that someone like Uwe Boll would make.

darth silas -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/4/2008 12:40:42 AM)

The Sarah connor chronicles has no real reason to exist.The series is all about Sarah,John,and the babe Terminator trying to stop Judgment day.This is pointless now because weve had that in the latter two Terminator movies and the ending of T3 showed that Judgment day cannot be stopped,only delayed.The war MUST happen(if anything because this proposed new trilogy is going to be set during the war against the machines).

How much does the show actually cost? 50 pence? Because judging from the finale episode,they couldnt even afford a decent shoot out.The show has(apart from the pilot)no decent action sequences.You simply CANNOT make a show called Terminator and not have good action! And dont say it cant have good action because of a tv budget.24 has action sequences every week that put a lot of big budget movies to shame.

But i digress,this is the T4 thread,and i would just like to say that i wouldnt be sorry if this new trilogy is aborted.And Christian bale,dont sell out and work on a film made by MC FUCKING G! Stick with the batman movies,youre doing well there.

kumar -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/4/2008 12:42:28 AM)

i wonder if they can begine to salvage a future for the film befour the project is terminated.

i bloody hope not

darth silas -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/4/2008 12:50:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ivan_Drago

Taking TSCC into account and completely ignoring T3 (which is everyones best option by the way), Judgement Day is delayed until April 21st 2011. Kyle is shown in a flashback/foreward thingy as being 8 therefore he was born 6 years after the original Judgement Day which would fit in with Reese's story in The Terminator. This would make Reese 26 when he's sent back to 1984. The writers really did their homework on the TV show, the whole chronology fits.

Actually they didnt, because Kyle reese stated in T1 that he didnt see the war.He ''grew up after''.What do the writers of TSCC show?...heck he saw the whole thing while playing baseball!

Also please explain how the terminators head came through the time portal in the pilot.Nothing ''dead can go''.Please explain the hilariously bad acting from the guys who play Kromarti.

And the less said about Terminators who can get jiggy with human beings the better.Theyl have Terminators that can get knocked up next!

LEEJGM -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/4/2008 3:23:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ivan_Drago

Actually they didnt, because Kyle reese stated in T1 that he didnt see the war.He ''grew up after''.What do the writers of TSCC show?...heck he saw the whole thing while playing baseball!

Also please explain how the terminators head came through the time portal in the pilot.Nothing ''dead can go''.Please explain the hilariously bad acting from the guys who play Kromarti.

And the less said about Terminators who can get jiggy with human beings the better.Theyl have Terminators that can get knocked up next!

Judgement Day was originally in 1997 which Reese would not have been born. However, with both SCC and T3, Judgement Day has been postponed to 2011.  Therefore Kyle's experiences have been altered and he has now witnessed the attack on the world.

As for the head surviving in the time portal  -  I don't know,perhaps the design was of a later year than the time machine Reese arrived in.  I'll admit it's a bit crap.  But a liquid metal T1000 didn't have living tissue either.

Either way, I was reluctant to accept this series into the terminator canon but after an 'ok' pilot (of which I was really unsure of)  the series has greatly improved and for me has overtaken T3 as the real sequel to T2. The last episode was great and I love the casting.  The meeting with John and a young Kyle was genius also.

Ghidorah -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/4/2008 10:27:00 AM)

Terminator 3 was a bloody cash in on Terminator 2. Sure SCC don't have the budget or director to fit in nicely with the first two movies but at least they done something different for a change. The show wasn't great but pretty good.

Terminator 3 is a complete copy of Terminator 2 but dumb down, shorter, less action, stupid acting and so on. The only bit that is different is the nukes went off and to be honest I didn't really know or care 3 billion people got nuked at the end. They made the whole thing into a joke but when something tragic happen, no one give a shit.

Terminator 4 should of been Terminator 3, or a prequel to the original two films.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (20/4/2008 11:10:57 AM)

The T4 shutdown is meant to be a rumor and good news SCC has been given the greenlight for Season 2. www.aintitcool.com

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI