Gerard Butler Talks Black Freighter (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Gerard Butler Talks Black Freighter (28/2/2008 4:59:59 PM)

Post your comments on this article

clarkkent -> (28/2/2008 4:59:59 PM)

why is everything being done in bloody anime at the moment? Sorry but the black freighter wont fucking work in an anime style. Why cant they just use straight, traditional animation.

britesparc -> Best comic movie ever? (28/2/2008 5:08:11 PM)

Seriously, this COULD be genuinely amazing. I think it would be a big leap from 300, which was great but "just" entertaining, whilst Watchment is the Godfather, Citizen Kane, and Star Wars of comic books, but I have skyhigh hopes...

lukeyboy -> RE: Gerard Butler Talks Black Freighter (28/2/2008 5:32:07 PM)

Awesome news! I loved the Anime part in Kill Bill Vol 1. This is a good move by Snyder, but i do think the studio should grow a pair and allow this to be spliced into the theatrical cut of the movie. It adds depth and an extra sinister edge to an already deep and sinister plotline,....this can only be good methinks!!

Oh,...... and Butler doing the voice is good news too!

AYBGerrardo -> Interesting... (28/2/2008 6:22:21 PM)

Great to see Butler's on board after all - Zack's hinted that the Black Freighter might still make the final film if it works better with rather than without.
Very interested in the anime idea! Zack's said the movie will comment on recent comic book movies, so will this comment on the dominance of anime in comic book animation now?
I don't think its a bad idea - we were never shown all of the Black Freighter story and so it doesn't need to be 100% faithful.
I think rotoscoping would've been cooler but, anime is cool.
As has been brought up, as good as the bit from Kill Bill? I'll be really happy if it is

Taz69 -> OH YEAH (28/2/2008 6:24:47 PM)

I'm looking forward to Watchmen more and more now that King Leonidas is on board as part of the support story. It's great that Tales of the Black Frieghter is being made as even if appears in only the DVD/Blu-Ray release as it is an important part of Watchmen.

H is the greatest -> Shouldn't they keep this a secret? (28/2/2008 7:44:07 PM)

Looking forward to this film, but they should keep this under wraps to surprise the fans who actually read the comic.

joanna likes films -> I Like This! (29/2/2008 11:28:11 AM)

Wow, Zack Snyder is like the best! There was always rummours about it and I'm glad it's true. I'm a good film of Anime movies and now it's boosted the level up a bit more. I hope his Scottish purr is in the vocals, he's got a sexy voice alongside a nice face!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI