Exclusive: New Wolverine Shots (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: New Wolverine Shots (27/2/2008 1:05:47 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Bowl of Wrong -> Looking good... (27/2/2008 1:05:47 PM)

That first Wolverine picture should be a teaser poster, or something similar anyway.

steveg66 -> (27/2/2008 1:19:32 PM)

The first picture looks like his grimacing because he can't lift his arm as his blades have got too flamin' big.

pettsy -> Woah (27/2/2008 1:20:18 PM)

This is looking good. Very good. Must...not...get...excited...

the ageless stranger -> Looks cool and all,.....but...... (27/2/2008 1:40:43 PM)

This is just looking more and more like another X-film with every new story. That top picture looks excellent, but it's not looking too different from the other films. I'm pretty sure that's even his old coat. I'm still looking forward to seeing it, but it doesn't look like it's going to do what I'd hoped.

tallaght24 -> I'm sorry but... (27/2/2008 1:47:41 PM)

...I am not a huge fan of the X-Men movies and really am not looking forward to this. I thought the last X-Men flick was dire. Now I know this won't sit well with most people but I find most superhero films these days are poo. Batman Begins was ok, but I reckon The Dark Knight will be better. Also, I cannot wait for Iron Man, looks ACE. Now all this is just my opinion, which is mainly the point of posting a message, although 'certain people' sometime don't see it that way, they prefer to call it 'trolling', which is the term they use for people whose opinion differs from theirs. Twice I have been unfairly 'warned', all for stating my opinion. Bang out of order if you ask me.

TomSolo -> (27/2/2008 1:56:30 PM)

Does look good. I think that, unusually, a prequel in this case is actually entirely necessary; Wolverine's backstory was frustratingly alluded to yet never substantially elaborated upon in the other films.

HarryHavoc -> its gonna be sick as. (27/2/2008 1:58:10 PM)

so stop your whining :):)

tallaght24 -> Maybe you're right. (27/2/2008 2:01:04 PM)

It's just the X-Men movies sucked and I am worried this will follow that trend. Hope I am wrong.

Olly Richards -> RE: I'm sorry but... (27/2/2008 2:12:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tallaght24

...I am not a huge fan of the X-Men movies and really am not looking forward to this. I thought the last X-Men flick was dire. Now I know this won't sit well with most people but I find most superhero films these days are poo. Batman Begins was ok, but I reckon The Dark Knight will be better. Also, I cannot wait for Iron Man, looks ACE. Now all this is just my opinion, which is mainly the point of posting a message, although 'certain people' sometime don't see it that way, they prefer to call it 'trolling', which is the term they use for people whose opinion differs from theirs. Twice I have been unfairly 'warned', all for stating my opinion. Bang out of order if you ask me.

You were warned for repeatedly posting aggressively for seemingly no other reason that to continually assert that you disagreed with Empire's opinion. It's fine to disagree and post that opinion, or to enter into discussions with other users about your feelings on something. It's not fine to keep posting the same point over and over in a way that is not aiming to advance discussion. That is trolling and derails threads. I'm sorry if you don't like the rules, but they are there to prevent the sniping 'You suck'/'No, you suck' tone that makes some other websites' reader comment section a threatening place to be for new users. I'm honestly not trying to stop you posting your opinions.

I don't want to take this thread off topic with discussion of this, so please PM me if you have anything else that you want to say on this.

the flick -> origins (27/2/2008 2:20:35 PM)

while im exited about this film i wish they stuck 2 the graphic novel, wolverines origins... im not a comic book fan but it was a very good story with an excellent style to it. this looks more along the line of singers x men movies

pettsy -> RE: Looks cool and all,.....but...... (27/2/2008 2:23:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: the ageless stranger

I'm pretty sure that's even his old coat.

The picture seems to have disappeared now so I can't take another look.  It looked like the one he had in the first film certainly, but why wouldn't he have the same coat for years? 

the ageless stranger -> RE: Looks cool and all,.....but...... (27/2/2008 2:58:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

The picture seems to have disappeared now so I can't take another look.  It looked like the one he had in the first film certainly, but why wouldn't he have the same coat for years? 

No reason I suppose, it's just that making him look almost exactly like he did in the first scenes of X-Men (even in dress sense), makes this film look even more like just another X-Men film, when it should be trying to set itself apart and be its own film. Don't get me wrong, I love the X films, I even didn't hate X3, (enjoy isn't quite the right word, but it had its moments), but this is supposed to be something different.

livewire -> RE: (27/2/2008 3:14:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomSolo

Does look good. I think that, unusually, a prequel in this case is actually entirely necessary; Wolverine's backstory was frustratingly alluded to yet never substantially elaborated upon in the other films.

A good point well made. Quite looking forward to this but it has a long way to go in the anticipation stakes to outdo Bats and Indy 

Makman -> X-Men Origins - shorter title please.... (27/2/2008 4:42:32 PM)

Its seems 20th Century Fox thinks movie goers are dumb ... why not just call the film "Wolverine" or "Wolverine: Origins"?

parisis -> number of caracter (27/2/2008 4:58:16 PM)

there are lot of caracter in this movie that why "x-men"-origins, but this movie is about wolve, so i hope that fox doesn't forget this, thinks. :-!

pettsy -> RE: Looks cool and all,.....but...... (27/2/2008 6:02:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: the ageless stranger

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

No reason I suppose, it's just that making him look almost exactly like he did in the first scenes of X-Men (even in dress sense), makes this film look even more like just another X-Men film, when it should be trying to set itself apart and be its own film. Don't get me wrong, I love the X films, I even didn't hate X3, (enjoy isn't quite the right word, but it had its moments), but this is supposed to be something different.

No worries, I just think that considering its got X-Men in front of it, not having him look like X-era Wolverine would be daft.

By the way Empire, where's that second picture gone?

H is the greatest -> LAME!!!! (27/2/2008 8:35:30 PM)

Hate this movie, hate this character, the bashing will never stop!!!!

Deacon Frost -> (27/2/2008 8:49:29 PM)

The tone set in the pic looks promising, all dark and foreboding, very Weapon X. I am going to keep the faith in this project. G. Hood is light years ahead of Ratner in terms of directing skills. Ratner wouldn't be able to direct a Tsotsi in a million years. Jackman, he too has always delivered in spades as far as Logan is concerned. I just hope that the glut of characters being reported as being in this flick, do not step on Wolvies adamantium laced toes. "Ya got that Cajun!"

Cat_Corportation -> Yum (27/2/2008 9:19:24 PM)

Not sure what to make of the movie yet, but Hugh Jackman is looking smokin' hot in this picture! Female hormones a-go-go! :D

Bluehawk -> hmm (27/2/2008 10:09:08 PM)

[in Sean Connery-voice] Inter esshting camera-sshetup, lad. But sshtills don't make a gud mowvie...

jimoakley666 -> Ooooooohhh-no! (28/2/2008 1:08:13 PM)

That is so fucking COOL! It sent shivers up my spine!

Bastila -> (28/2/2008 3:33:33 PM)

I so hate Logo so I hope this movie flops so much bloody over rated character!

jimoakley666 -> RE: (29/2/2008 11:50:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bastila

And yet he's not doe too bad in the last thirty-odd years. Hmmm.

kinge247 -> RE: (1/3/2008 1:03:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bastila

Bah Humbug to you, Logan is one of the best comic characters EVER, This film will get its box office even if its shit, which it won't be. Some brilliant casting so far (not sure about Will.i.am though).  Bring it on.
I am on the verge of spilling seed after seeing the new Ironman trailer so this will have to work hard to keep up with that, TDK, Hulk and Indy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI