More Casting For Wolverine (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> More Casting For Wolverine (22/2/2008 8:22:39 AM)

Post your comments on this article

HoboCop -> (22/2/2008 8:22:39 AM)

bird? i thought it was beak

MattCaine -> Too mant Mutants!? (22/2/2008 9:56:13 AM)

Um... I think there's already way too many mutant cameos turning up in this movie!
Is it about Wolverine, or is it about Weapon X?
Even the comics spoilt Wolvies uniquness with too many Weapon X's, XII's, etc and the never ending parade of 'Mutant's with healinfg factors'.
May as well call this movie X-Men 4. : (

pgtipsp -> RE: Too mant Mutants!? (22/2/2008 10:08:44 AM)

im getting pretty excited about this movie now, i never saw x3 as i didnt want ratner to spoil my love of bryan singers films (still cant believe he ponced off to make one of the dullest superhero flicks of all time having just made the most exhilarating) so im wanting another dose of wolverine...

ButchCassidy -> Blade Trinity all over again? (22/2/2008 10:18:06 AM)

MattCaine is spot on. Let's call this X-Men 4!! In the early days, Wolverine was a mysterious character, but Marvel have diluted his history to the point that he's no longer enigmatic or special. In a film about Wolverine, I want to see him in the spotlight. What are the odds this turns into Blade Trinity, with the main character relegated to the background?

kumar -> RE: Blade Trinity all over again? (22/2/2008 10:23:01 AM)

at least Monagan has a decent power....but another character?

jimoakley666 -> Told ya (22/2/2008 10:46:21 AM)

I said there would be a story of Mavrick / Agent Zero cast. He is a mutant though. And German to boot. Christopher Nord, Agent Zero, Ability to absorb kinetic energy, Force blasts, Accelerated healing factor, No discernible scent, Anti-healing factor corrosive. Can you see where this is going?

And as for the hobbit, he's playing Beak. Barnell Bohusk. He actually looks the part in a funny way...
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Beak

jimoakley666 -> RE: Told ya (22/2/2008 10:53:30 AM)

This is me being very nerdy...
Weapon X
Fueled by the betrayal, Nord became one of the most efficient covert operatives in Germany. In the 1960s, his exploits caught the attention of the CIA, who offered him a spot in the clandestine Team X. He agreed, and at this time, changed his name to David North. As a part of Team X, he was one of several mutant operatives the government experimented on and utilized. Each member unknowingly received false memory implants, and North received an aging suppressant culled from Logan's mutant healing factor. North's immediate team consisted of three field agents: North, Logan (who later became Wolverine), and Victor Creed (who later became Sabretooth). The mutant teleporter John Wraith, also referred to as Kestrel, served as the team's intelligence man and extractor. It was at this time that North began wearing his signature yellow and black faceplate. On a mission in East Germany, both Creed and Logan were badly injured. Rather than follow protocol and leave them, North dragged them to the extraction point. Cornered by Andreas Nord, now an assassin, North saved his teammates the only way he could; killing his own brother in cold blood. Because of this incident, Logan holds North in very high regard.
Another mission saw the three agents try to take down the Russian super soldier Omega Red. They succeeded in stealing the carbonadium synthesizer, which was necessary for the Russian to control his death factor pheromone. Taking down the psychopathic Omega Red, however, was not as easy. In the chaos, Creed panicked, killing a CIA mole. The team then escaped by jumping from a ten-story window. The synthesizer was thought lost, and a rift formed between Creed and Logan due to Creed's actions on the mission. Unbeknownst to the agency, Logan had recovered the synthesizer and hid it. North suspected as much at the time, but did not know for sure.
By the early 1970s, Team X was summarily disbanded. However, the team's agents were captured by Weapon X to be used as test subjects. When Logan underwent the adamantium bonding, he went on a murderous rampage, allowing North and the others to escape. Around this time, North inexplicably lost his powers. Undaunted, North continued to work in espionage as a mercenary using the trade name Maverick. The inspiration for the name came in a conversation where North boasted that he neither trusted or needed anyone, to which Logan responded, "A regular maverick, eh?"

clarkkent -> (22/2/2008 12:21:43 PM)

WHAT PART OF CAMEOS DONT YOU IDIOTS UNDERSTAND? It means they will appear for a short amount of time, and as no one actually knows what the story of this flick is going to be. So how about you wait until we have at least some sort of storyline before you go into fanboy mode and tear it too pieces.

Bluehawk -> (22/2/2008 12:25:41 PM)

Wthell, how many mutants are in this thing? Need more screentime for Gambit!

TheHunkIsSprunk -> YEAH!!!! (22/2/2008 1:13:06 PM)

A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT I LIKE IS IN THIS MOVIE!! WILL.I.AM!!!

MattCaine -> (22/2/2008 1:15:55 PM)

Idiots? Harsh, but fair, or just harsh? :)
No we don't know anything yet, but, as a Wolverine fan, I'd like the movie to be about him.
And, I just feel that too many cameos etc, will confuse non X-man fans, of be shoe-horned in a horribly cheesy way...
I just want the my favourite ball of barely surpressed rage to be the star, bub!

jimoakley666 -> RE: (22/2/2008 1:33:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MattCaine

Idiots? Harsh, but fair, or just harsh? :)
No we don't know anything yet, but, as a Wolverine fan, I'd like the movie to be about him.
And, I just feel that too many cameos etc, will confuse non X-man fans, of be shoe-horned in a horribly cheesy way...
I just want the my favourite ball of barely surpressed rage to be the star, bub!

I agree. And Blade 3 IS a cracking example. Lets hope they ARE cameos and not supporting cast or it'll turn into X-Men Origins: Wolverine and his Merry Marvel Super Friends.
Gambit feels shoe-horned in though. So far, he's the only character who has NO place in Wolverine's history at all. I hope they play more like O' Brother Where Art Thou (RRD: Random Reference of the Day) where its a road movie with characters (Factual in O' Brother) who wander in and out of the story with no backstory. If ya know them, great. If not, no loss to the story. They serve a small purpose and thats it. A means to an end. A proper cameo.

fish that roared -> Blade Trinity all over again? (22/2/2008 7:12:46 PM)

X-Men 4? Don't you mean Wolverine 4, as the other 3 were basically glory pieces for that psycho with claws. The X-Men had a tendency to win fights not only because they trained all the time but because they fought as a team something which never really happened in the movie.
This film will probably be as well handled as Cyclops' death, genius piece of writing there, so well done...

OPtimusPrIMEruLES -> whos next, Nick Fury? (22/2/2008 7:16:07 PM)

how many mutants are going to be in this OK so we have Wolfie, obviously, Gambit, Silver

jonny-w -> more cast than X-men 3 (22/2/2008 7:21:55 PM)

and in a film about one guy. enough said.

anakin solo -> deadpool? (25/2/2008 2:01:31 PM)

This is not going to be a good film, the only thing that might be good about it is that deadpool might be in it.

nbratten -> Why all the negativity? (25/2/2008 9:05:59 PM)

Recall, if you will, that the characters announced thus far all directly relate to Wolverine's Weapon X arc - yes it's a number of characters, but it's not unreasonable considering they're all involved with that storyline.

The only one that is confusing to me is Gambit. Aside from that potential mis-step, I see no reason to crown this an "X-Men 4" until further notice.

anakin solo -> RE: Why all the negativity? (4/3/2008 1:27:38 PM)

[sm=icon_smile_pistols.gif]It's getting more stupid the more i hear about it.

anakin solo -> RE: Why all the negativity? (4/3/2008 1:29:45 PM)

[sm=icon_smile_pistols.gif]When it comes down to it in the end it's still going to end up being named as the fourth xmen/wolverine movies because that was what they were anyway.

Woger -> RE: Why all the negativity? (5/3/2008 9:24:14 AM)

Pics of Sabretooth.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35842

anakin solo -> RE: Why all the negativity? (13/3/2008 12:03:44 PM)

[sm=icon_smile_pistols.gif] It doesn't look like sabertooth it's just liev schrieber with long sideburns and wearing olive green military gear.

cold_one -> RE: Why all the negativity? (13/3/2008 12:37:23 PM)

Man, those two could practically fight with their sideburns.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI