First Pic From Wolverine The Movie! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> First Pic From Wolverine The Movie! (14/2/2008 9:09:31 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Tosh -> minted (14/2/2008 9:09:31 AM)

but gash title, hopefully now the writers strike is over someone will come up with another one ;)

mayo12 -> WOLVERINE! (14/2/2008 9:13:19 AM)

In the words of Austin Powers...YEAH BABY!!! But I'm with you guys Empire, far too long to wait! Nice to know Jackman has obviously got a good connection with the character, the X-men Trilogy and this makes for a whole lot of Wolverine time...

tallaght24 -> More bran in your diet Logan! (14/2/2008 9:15:10 AM)

Is it me or does ol Wolverine look like he is trying to drop a log the size of a redwood. I mean that is a serious 'poo face' he is putting on there.

Halfling -> Just dreamy! (14/2/2008 9:26:21 AM)

Could this be the most beautiful film to be released next year? It's got Hugh (beautiful specimen) running around New Zealand's South ISland (one of the most beautiful places on earth). I am now physically melting!!

novakid -> Jackman needs prestige (14/2/2008 9:40:59 AM)

I kinda feel that this movie needs to deliver for Jackman. His frontman status is in jeopardy with The Prestige being a notable exception (but arguably Christian Bale stole the show?). Maybe post-Rambo there will be some old-skool action flicks looking for a hero. Jackson isn't a revisionist - he looks the part and they should write the part for him.
On the Wolverine front, *fan-boys are happy that the claws and skeleton are grafted and attached - just could he be a better fighter? Yeah, he can take a beating - but please could he actually fight like someone trained in combat until he needs to go all berserker on us!?!

jimoakley666 -> Wow! (14/2/2008 9:45:32 AM)

Lookin' veeeeerrrrrry cool! His hair looks a bit quiffy, but, whatever. I hope they stick with the comic-book origin and show him as a child in the late 1800's. He's supposed to be born around 1882 or something. First drafted into the military as a subject of the common wealth (Canada) for The First World War, Traveled to Japan after that, Recruited as a secret service assasin in the early 50's, covert opps in the 60's where he apparently had a mission in Dallas (hint hint) in november of '63. The whole Weapon Plus version Ten (X) thing should be around the 1980's.

billkiller -> PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!! (14/2/2008 9:49:55 AM)

Leave it alone... please please please... and EMPIRE, you should know better, this is going to get two stars. Three at most, and you know it.

chola1 -> (14/2/2008 10:30:35 AM)

looks good but after reading tallaght24's comment can't help thinking "who does number two work for...."

lukeyboy -> RE: PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!! (14/2/2008 10:36:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: billkiller

Leave it alone... please please please... and EMPIRE, you should know better, this is going to get two stars. Three at most, and you know it.

Oh ye of little faith!

Dont worry,...Ratners nowhere near this one! And remember Empire gave 5 stars to both Batman Begins and Superman Returns, both of which are comic book franchises that have already been done to death, cleverly rehatched by serious directors with belting results! ....see any similarities??

Of course it goes without saying we wont know what it's like for another year or so, but it's already got a great cast, and if it's done properly it could easily be a 5 star movie! 

Schniik Schniik!!

dannyo -> claws (14/2/2008 10:37:53 AM)

isnt it supposed to be that wolverine starts out as a normal guy who has bone claws and then when he becomes part of weapon x they add the adamantium to the already existing claws. i dont know but im sure i heard that somewhere..

tallaght24 -> Ha ha! (14/2/2008 10:38:45 AM)

That's it chola1, you show that turd who's boss!

BatFan -> RE: Ha ha! (14/2/2008 10:52:55 AM)

A film focusing specifically on Wolverine...haven't we had three of those already?[;)]

hawkeye10 -> RE: Ha ha! (14/2/2008 11:07:32 AM)

Hope this works for Jackman and Wolvie fans.

The only unknown is the director Gavin Hood. Tsotsi was good, but SA directors don't normally have a good track record with Hollywood blockbusters. I know its unfair to generalise and pigeon-hole him like this, so fingers crossed.

And please let them finally nail(and the source of?) Wolvie's rage.

Cletus Van Damme -> well done to him (14/2/2008 11:12:13 AM)

hew looks ripped.At that age (nearing 40) it was a real achivement. The first XMen was when Jackman was nearer 30, and he has to look younger in this one.

Them claws look too CGI'd tho

HitchHiker -> RE: claws (14/2/2008 11:19:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyo

isnt it supposed to be that wolverine starts out as a normal guy who has bone claws and then when he becomes part of weapon x they add the adamantium to the already existing claws. i dont know but im sure i heard that somewhere..

Yeah, sort of of. Initially in the comics it was always implied that the claws were added by Weapon X, but then an Origin book was released which gave him bone claws and in the process changed about 30 years of canon law. Origin was a really good book, but I always preferred the story of the claws being added. I think I'd prefer if they kept that one for the film.

The REAL Bozz -> Er.... (14/2/2008 11:24:12 AM)

As long as it's good I don't care really but I was under the impression X 1 and X2 were the Wolverine show. To be honest I think this may be one Wolverine movie too many. The back lash begins next May, hahaha. Much rather see X4

Helen OHara -> RE: PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!! (14/2/2008 11:58:08 AM)

quote:

Schniik Schniik!!

Ahem! (pushes glasses up nose, adjusts pocket protector) I think you'll find the generally accepted spelling is "snikt".

Tech_Noir -> RE: Ha ha! (14/2/2008 12:08:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

A film focusing specifically on Wolverine...haven't we had three of those already?[;)]

True say.

X-Men was supposed to be about the X-Men, more half the time was spent with Wolverine.

orca -> background characters (14/2/2008 12:25:18 PM)

I swear to god, I need to see Chamber on screen. Just once. please.

hawkeye10 -> RE: PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!! (14/2/2008 12:27:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helen OHara

quote:

Schniik Schniik!!

Ahem! (pushes glasses up nose, adjusts pocket protector) I think you'll find the generally accepted spelling is "snikt".

[:D]Best Forum Smackdown of the day!

And there is only one woman standing... 

the ageless stranger -> RE: claws (14/2/2008 3:13:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HitchHiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyo

Yeah, sort of of. Initially in the comics it was always implied that the claws were added by Weapon X, but then an Origin book was released which gave him bone claws and in the process changed about 30 years of canon law. Origin was a really good book, but I always preferred the story of the claws being added. I think I'd prefer if they kept that one for the film.

Wasn't it established well before Origins that he had the bone claws? When Magneto ripped the adamantium out of him (God I loath myself), he was still left with the bone claws, and that was years before Origins, if I remember correctly.

H is the greatest -> Lame! (14/2/2008 3:17:09 PM)

I hate this character, all his "hey bub" tirades only worked when I was a kid. Happy to see Liev Schreiber getting some work though.

pettsy -> Oooooooh... (14/2/2008 5:42:30 PM)

...Looks good!

johnmcclane -> Coolio (14/2/2008 6:22:07 PM)

Wolverine is the man
I need'sa get me some sweet claws and some burns like him

Bub

johnmcclane -> Coolio (14/2/2008 6:25:22 PM)

Wolverine is the man
I need'sa get me some sweet claws and some burns like him

Bub

doctorolorinbats1975 -> (14/2/2008 6:59:46 PM)

Whoa, Hugh looks even more ripped than in the trilogy.

Bubba76 -> is it me... (14/2/2008 7:00:37 PM)

or are his claws longer!?! All the better to slice and dice! :-)

loafroaster -> Claw position (14/2/2008 7:16:09 PM)

Didn't his claws 'snikt' from between his knuckles in the 3 x-men films? Now they seem to be going with the comic-style placement. Not that it's a bad thing...

Kat113 -> Excitment! (14/2/2008 7:35:58 PM)

Looks fantastic but why change the name to Xmen Origins: Wolverine?!?! I am aware that it is to allow for other spinoffs (namely Magneto) but is this catchy....? Thought not.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI