Exclusive: Scott On His Upcoming Slate (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Scott On His Upcoming Slate (11/2/2008 11:13:01 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Bowl of Wrong -> Monopoly (11/2/2008 11:13:01 AM)

It could be a surrealist masterpiece. A dog chasing a ship* an iron and a top hat around a perfectly square London? Count me in.

*Is there a ship in Monopoly? I seem to remember one...

flipsix3 -> RE: Monopoly (11/2/2008 11:39:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bowl of Wrong

*Is there a ship in Monopoly? I seem to remember one...

Yep, there certainly was in the set I had as a kid.

This could either be something really special and intelligent, or it could be a complete bag of dross. Time will tell, hopefully RS can deliver on the potential.

Foxbaloo McCloud -> Robin Hood (11/2/2008 12:35:15 PM)

Really it doesn't matter who plays Hood (although Ridley's initial idea of Hood being the bad guy would have been better). As since Alan Rickman ate most of Prince Of Thieves's scnery as the Sherrif it'll be a brave/foolish man to fill those boots.

deano28 -> Robin in Da Hood (11/2/2008 1:25:27 PM)

As there has NEVER been a good Robin Hood story committed to film (and don't get me started on that BBC current tripe!), surely now must be the time to realise that it's probably not that great a story, and should be left well and truly alone. It peaked at the Disney cartoon, and only by changing the characters to animals were they able to squeeze any kind of humour from what is obviously a boring (and probably untrue) story.

Also, is Ridley Scott that bereft of ideas that he decides to make movies from things lying around the house? Monopoly???? What next? Gillette Triple Blade Runner? (Remote) Control?

Watch out Empire! He'll probably glance at a current copy of your magazine on his coffee table and decide to make a film of it, except all staff members will be replaced by Russell Crowe, no doubt overcoming the odds (and a strange accent) to single handedly put out a whole magazine before deadline day. Actually, I'd watch that.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Robin in Da Hood (11/2/2008 2:11:50 PM)

People having a go at the very notion of a Monoploy movie need to see Clue, the film based on the Cludeo. Great cast and it actully keeps within the spirit of the game. It can be done.

As for the Robin Hood side of things - maybe Crowe will be a bad guy but it's his side of the story we watch the movie from. Sort of like we have films from the prespective of the police and others from the gangs. I'm looking forward to it.

But please, can the man make another sci fi movie soon?

Stalla -> (11/2/2008 4:02:16 PM)

Hey, man! I actually quite like the new BBC version of Robin Hood!

deano28 -> RE: Robin in Da Hood (11/2/2008 4:10:48 PM)

I agree. Clue was great. Watched it again the other night in fact. Although that game had a built in plot with actual characters. Can't see it working with such a London-centric wealth building game.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Robin in Da Hood (11/2/2008 4:18:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: deano28

I agree. Clue was great. Watched it again the other night in fact. Although that game had a built in plot with actual characters. Can't see it working with such a London-centric wealth building game.

I could see a comedy along the lines of Trading Places being possible, not in terms of plot but in tone.

joanna likes films -> I Wonder? (11/2/2008 4:46:01 PM)

Hmm, I wonder? What if Russell does play the Sheriff as a good guy and Robin as the bad guy? It sounds like a really cool idea and it should go ahead after this writer's strike which I'm hoping it will stop soon. So fingers crossed and hope it will go on ahead. It could be a really intersting movie.

b00sh -> (11/2/2008 9:39:41 PM)

could this start a whole new craze of boardgame movies (ALA comic book movies), if so i can't wait to see the kerplunk and buckeroo movies

badsanta -> Prince of Thieves Was Drivel (11/2/2008 11:52:27 PM)

Prince of Thieves was absolute Hollywood drivel: a fat balding American Robin Hood? F**k off! The best Robin Hood film ever made (including The Adventures of Robin Hood) is Dick Lester's Robin and Marian starring Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn. Beautiful, funny and haunting - and with a John Barry score. Hurrah!

TufnellStHubbins -> (12/2/2008 9:00:45 AM)

Hmmm...never thought of Monopoly like that. I reckon in his hands it could be a great little British movie. Less about buying houses and trading them in for hotels and more about the human aspects to rivalry etc...Also Robin Hood? bring it on...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.464844E-02