Exclusive: Andy Serkis Talks Tintin (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Andy Serkis Talks Tintin (1/2/2008 1:07:37 PM)

Post your comments on this article

LeChuck -> Spielberg, Jackson, Cameron? (1/2/2008 1:07:37 PM)

As a MASSIVE Tintin fan, the concept of a film trilogy directed by those three seems like the realms of the most unrealistic fantasy, but here it is, very nearly coming true. I won't be holding my breath for JC to be signing on, but hey, it's nice to dream; besides, SS and PJ is good enough for me. :P

the ageless stranger -> It's TINTIN for the love of mutton! (1/2/2008 2:01:05 PM)

Two, possibly three of the best directors of all time, combining to make a trilogy of films (using cutting edge technology) about a pansy-assed boy journalist? That's a waste of resources right there.

Bluehawk -> (1/2/2008 2:58:13 PM)

''when not trying to coerce him into recording Gollum answerphone messages, ''
That would be so cool ^^

jpt1976 -> *Shivers* (1/2/2008 3:18:48 PM)

Tintin.

justified by grace -> RE: Spielberg, Jackson, Cameron? (1/2/2008 4:20:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeChuck

As a MASSIVE Tintin fan, the concept of a film trilogy directed by those three seems like the realms of the most unrealistic fantasy, but here it is, very nearly coming true. I won't be holding my breath for JC to be signing on, but hey, it's nice to dream; besides, SS and PJ is good enough for me. :P

I completely agree.

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: Spielberg, Jackson, Cameron? (1/2/2008 4:34:06 PM)

I don't see Cameron as being actively involved with this - he just seems to be there at the same time. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who likes Tintin.

Ash_G -> Please no silly voice (1/2/2008 5:54:56 PM)

I'd love to see tintin come to life on the big screen (especially as my friend is good enough to be a professional lookalike), but please let's keep the voices as normal as possible. In the cartoon he sounded like he had a clothes peg nicely secured round his nut sack... it would also be an idea (even though he is french) not to have him sounding like a reject from allo allo.

LeChuck -> RE: Please no silly voice (1/2/2008 7:49:40 PM)

Oh, to all of you "Why are they wasting their time on Tintin?!" brigade, I say to you: take a hike. I endured for four years whilst PJ made Lord of the Rings for you all; let us have our series now, eh? Or better yet, why don't you wait and see the film, or read the books, and see just why two such esteemed directors consider this "pansy-assed" project worthy of their time? Who knows, maybe you might, too...

bizu08 -> well...im (2/2/2008 8:06:22 PM)

usually a man who doesnt judge a book by its cover and always see's the potential in something meaningless as it may be bu honestly tintin??? i would have understand it if it was a single part movie with a newbie director?? but a trilogy with peter jackson and steven spielberg on board? ok something is wrong here.. i saw bits of that cartoon and there is nothing in it worth putting in a movie... no powerfull characters no interesting plotline no fresh concepts NOTHING if the trilogy is going to turn up a succes it is going to be because of the talented persons who are going to direct it not because it was something special or worth seeing in the animated version

RipleysMassiveBeaver -> RE: well...im (3/2/2008 1:49:22 PM)

Do people actually like Tin Tin?

Darth Goonie -> RE: Exclusive: Andy Serkis Talks Tintin (3/2/2008 8:00:13 PM)

I'd put my money on either George Lucas or Robert Zemeckis to direct the thrid Tin Tin movie.

Steelsheen -> No certainty of Gollum?! (4/2/2008 3:03:30 AM)

No certainty of Gollum?! what are they smoking? What purpose would The Hobbit be without that crucial scene between Bilbo and Gollum?

Juliette -> Tintin's not French... (4/2/2008 9:40:05 PM)

...he's Belgian isn't he? There's souvenirs of him all over Bruges

Renaud -> ORIGINAL FRENCH NAMES & SOME FRENCH EUROPEAN ACTORS (5/2/2008 3:53:15 AM)

I just hope they don't use the cheesy english renaming of certain characters, and stick to the original french names, like Les frères Dupont, Professeur Tournesol, and the dog Milou, or it's going to be a bit of turn off film projects. Also without lots of french and belgium actors in the mix, I won't be much interested either. As for some real good Tintin live-action film, I'm just afraid no one is ever going to beat the last real good one, Tintin Et Le Mystère De La Toison d'Or (1961). The second film was not so good, but the first really was great http://www.gorianet.it/tintin/cinema.htm

http://groups.msn.com/HEROESCOMICS

Renaud -> Tintin live-action film (8/2/2008 2:48:22 AM)

Clip from the 1961 Tintin live-action film

http://www.dailymotion.com/RenaudMan/video/7225914

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI