New Hellboy II Character Poster (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Hellboy II Character Poster (29/1/2008 2:54:45 PM)

Post your comments on this article

steveg66 -> (29/1/2008 2:54:45 PM)

Can't make that out. Did someone fart in Robbie the robot?

livewire -> RE: (29/1/2008 2:58:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steveg66

Can't make that out. Did someone fart in Robbie the robot?

LOL. [sm=18.gif] Danger Will Robinson. Danger

Still looking forward to this film. I'm sure oit'll all make sense when we see it. Have Faith in GDT

cliff126 -> (29/1/2008 4:00:00 PM)

The poster gives the sense that this character is in some way mysterious and that the film will have a similar tone to it. I don't know much about the character, but he looks really cool! Reminds me of the film The Mist, which I can't wait to see.

bagrot1 -> (29/1/2008 4:23:20 PM)

If this is based on the comic book then what we are seeing is the suits helmet and vents only and below will be a spaceman type suit so hopefully it won't look like robbie at all.

Terribly_Mauled -> RE: (29/1/2008 4:36:45 PM)

The design is quite a departure from the comic book version  to be honest.
Johann is from the B.P.R.D. spin off series, and has never actually met HB in the printed form of Mignola's universe. The basic concept is retained, but the film version looks a bit more industrial compared to the book's 'gas in a man shaped bag' look.

fraser1978 -> Eh? (29/1/2008 4:44:19 PM)

Well this is an interesting poster.....NOT! For someone who isn't very clued up on the comic books it isn't making me run to the box office! It might be ok if you're a fan of the comics, but bad marketing for the wider audience!

kumar -> RE: Eh? (29/1/2008 4:52:28 PM)

so your saying he is like a fart in a suit?

edit: beat me to it

morg1138 -> RE: Eh? (29/1/2008 7:09:15 PM)

you catch a glimpse of him in the trailer, when they are all lined up about 1min 53secs. Really looking forward to this. Shame my son isn't old enough to go to the pictures. He's 18 months and loves the animated films [:D]

jimoakley666 -> Cool (30/1/2008 10:31:52 AM)

Looks groovy. Don't know much about Johann Krauss because I only read Hellboy and not the B.P.R.D. spin-off comic ( In the funny-books Hellboy recently got very angry with the bureu and walked ) but he's a very Mignola character and, as with the previous film, has retained all that with the Guillermo hints there too. I like!

MoBiUGeArSkIn -> RE: New Hellboy II Character Poster (30/1/2008 11:20:43 AM)

Johann's an awesome character. He was a respected Medium but during some cataclysmic event his body was destroyed. Unlucky for his guests, they were destroyed too, but Johann was out of his body at the time.

He's a useful chap. The suit he wears is just a way to give him physical form. In the comics he's able to escape the suit via these vents in the suits fingers. This allows him to make contact with things... like bones etc... and use his crazy ghost-whisperer abilities.

Makes me wonder what he'll be doing in the film. If you think about it, Abe Sapien was given psychic powers for the first film. So maybe Johann will be doing something else?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI