RE: I am pissed off because... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/3/2014 7:30:06 AM)

The water supply has gone off for the third time in as many months. [:@]

Ever since they started connecting the supply to a massive new estate they are building the supply keeps failing.

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (9/3/2014 7:08:40 PM)

I was going to post half the story sometime ago but the situation is getting worst and worst.

To put it nicely my uselss bloody shit bag of a manager just fucked up once again. This had a huge knocked on effect of extra work for me and it's going to take me aprox three weeks to sort out. I'm doing it but I can't do 300% per day but I am doing like 120%. However this get better because my manager haven't corrected his mistake and everything I manage to sort out get undone because he still haven't corrected his massive mistake.

The other day he called me over and start complaining why I still got a lot to do. I gave him valid answers and in return he throw more questions at me. When I answered those he contridict his previous statements by issuing more questions. All he was doing is singling people out and just being an utter cunt towards them, which is what he's doing to me. So I got up in a professional manner, told him I'm NOT tolerating his behaviour and I'm going back to sort out his mistakes. Afterward he approached me several times in front of the other colleagues and instructured me to have follow him for a private chat. Instead I carried on with my work and ignored him.

I'm not having private chat with him over his work related behaviour and how he treat other people. All the core workers on my departments are far superior to him in everyway from people skills, managing and productivity. The last time I had a private chat he went into a violent rage and I simply worked out without giving abuse back. Afterward I was instructed to have a witness during these private chats to keep this lying sack of shit in check.

Ironically as I was leaving work, a co worker recieved a phone call from my manager and after he put the phone down said "One day someone is going to smack that bastard." So is that five people now wanting to punch him in the face?

The bad thing is how can I or other people act professionally if their manager doesn't. The people underneth can't act in a professional manner is the manager is underminning their work in an unprofessional manner. I was actually about to seek a transfer to a different department and raise awareness of another co worker's bullying. Instead I can't because once again my name been blacken.

C*NT!!!!!!!!

UTB -> RE: I am pissed off because... (11/3/2014 8:46:24 PM)

I left my work macbook on the train.

hahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHHAHABUWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHfuck.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (11/4/2014 9:08:30 AM)

Sainsburys selling fruit pastilles 3 months out of date - hard as tiny little rocks and taste icky.

Valanya -> RE: I am pissed off because... (14/4/2014 1:05:34 AM)

Compensation culture - my brother in law crashed his bicycle into the side of a van the other day (admittedly the van was turn across his lane, but he was wearing no hi-vis or lights, wasn't wearing a helmet and was undertaking stationary traffic at considerable speed) and broke a) his collarbone, b) the whole front end of the bike and c) the side of the van, and has decided that this means he can claim for loss of earnings and 'pain and suffering' from the van owner. Now, I completely understand people claiming compensation when there was nothing they could do to prevent an accident and truly need the money lost from being incapacitated, but from the way he has described it some of the fault was clearly my brother in law's. Even if he was entirely faultless, I raise an eyebrow at anyone claiming money for 'pain and suffering' when three days after the accident they were happily up at the crack of dawn to go and traipse around a car boot sale in a muddy field in order to buy computer games.

The fact that so many people think they are entitled to money just because there is a chance they could get some makes my blood boil. Quite frankly I feel sorry for the sodding van driver. Some people.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (14/4/2014 7:03:15 AM)

He could well end up having to pay an absolute fortune in costs if it gets as far as Court and he loses and has to pay costs. I have heard of such cases where someone is claiming 1500 and ends up having to pay over 30,000 in costs having lost the case.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (14/4/2014 9:18:33 AM)

It depends how far they go with this idea that the person in the vehicle is always to blame over the bicycle/motorbike. I'd imagine having a broken collarbone will help as well.

I'm not sure about this vague 'pain and suffering' thing either. I'd to claim after a car crash (back damage I still have) but the calculation I did for that was purely on the basis of things I'd had to buy/change as a result of the more immediate problems with some porjections from the injury.

It does sound as if he's kind of admitting in private that the other driver isn't strictly to blame, and that's pretty crap IMO.

Valanya -> RE: I am pissed off because... (14/4/2014 5:38:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

It depends how far they go with this idea that the person in the vehicle is always to blame over the bicycle/motorbike. I'd imagine having a broken collarbone will help as well.

I'm not sure about this vague 'pain and suffering' thing either. I'd to claim after a car crash (back damage I still have) but the calculation I did for that was purely on the basis of things I'd had to buy/change as a result of the more immediate problems with some porjections from the injury.

It does sound as if he's kind of admitting in private that the other driver isn't strictly to blame, and that's pretty crap IMO.

This is the thing - I have absolutely no issue with people who are genuinely faultless and genuinely in need of the money claiming compensation, but it really angers me the idea of "I've had an accident - hooray I can get money!" It's just plan money grabbing; within hours of the accident he was gloating over something he'd read which said he could claim lost earnings at minimum wage. The gloating was due to the fact that he works as an apprentice body piercer, therefore earning less than minimum wage, and he was excited that he make money through claiming for more than he would actually be losing. Horrible behaviour IMO.

quote:

He could well end up having to pay an absolute fortune in costs if it gets as far as Court and he loses and has to pay costs. I have heard of such cases where someone is claiming 1500 and ends up having to pay over 30,000 in costs having lost the case.

Seriously? I knew court costs were high but having never been to court myself, I had no idea they were THAT high.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (14/4/2014 6:35:11 PM)

It depends on how confident the opposition is that they will win and if they are very confident then insurance companies (who would be the one who foot the bill and the respondent is adamant they are not at fault) will often go all out to prove their case which can lead to a massive bill. If the person who made the claim is found to have a case with little validity be it that the other party has witnesses or a recording of what they were doing at the time and it has reached a point of a court hearing before a circuit judge who decides against the applicant it can be a massive bill. Usually you would be looking at a few thousand but I have seen one case where it went up to 30,000 for a very small claim of less than 2,000. The vehicle being always to blame is not always the case now following the increase of vehicles with recording equipment on board and a greater awareness that all road users can be bad no matter what their mode of transport.

jcthefirst -> RE: I am pissed off because... (14/4/2014 8:35:44 PM)

Earlier on I was kinda sorta threatened by my ridiculously, obscenely drunk neighbour. The reason? I was cutting the grass, at the ungodly time of 6 in the evening. How dare I! He said something along the lines of 'Don't be doing that again, or else I'll..' and then sort of trailed off into a drunken slur. He then asked me where I was from and proceeded to tell me he was from East Belfast in a threatening-ish way ("...so you know, east Belfast. Keep that in mind.").

I'm half angry, half scared. Angry for the obvious reasons, him being a cunt. Scared, because my pregnant wife will shortly be home alone soon as she's dropping her work hours and only doing a three day week. I'm about to log it with the police just in case. He's just come back home with more drink. I'm not worried he'll do anything, he can barely walk right now and when he's sober he's fine, if a little belligerent. But it's just pissed me off royally.

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (14/4/2014 10:55:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Earlier on I was kinda sorta threatened by my ridiculously, obscenely drunk neighbour. The reason? I was cutting the grass, at the ungodly time of 6 in the evening. How dare I! He said something along the lines of 'Don't be doing that again, or else I'll..' and then sort of trailed off into a drunken slur. He then asked me where I was from and proceeded to tell me he was from East Belfast in a threatening-ish way ("...so you know, east Belfast. Keep that in mind.").

I'm half angry, half scared. Angry for the obvious reasons, him being a cunt. Scared, because my pregnant wife will shortly be home alone soon as she's dropping her work hours and only doing a three day week. I'm about to log it with the police just in case. He's just come back home with more drink. I'm not worried he'll do anything, he can barely walk right now and when he's sober he's fine, if a little belligerent. But it's just pissed me off royally.

A horrible scenario, mate. I had something similar a few years back, a mad drunken cunt in the flat downstairs from me who was sorta OK in the rare times when you caught him sober, but who then went on to drink huge amounts of alcohol and would shout abuse upwards into my flat...

But if you do anything about it, you'll be right in court the next day... I don't know what the fuck is wrong with the UK society nowadays when a cunt like the guy you described is protected by the law enforcement folks... and rest assured, he will be.

Sorry, I know this ain't helping and I wish you and your lady all the best... hope it doesn't escalate any further. You're not alone in this.

[sm=icon_smile_pistols.gif]

Valanya -> RE: I am pissed off because... (15/4/2014 6:13:23 PM)

quote:

Bloody hell, what a twat. Hope it all comes to nothing.

My own brother (not the brother-in-law this time) just posted something on Facebook about how in his opinion (as a white, middle-class, never-had-a-job, still-living-at-home 27 year old) "Going on the basis of the way most rappers behave, the black person in American SHOULD be oppressed. "I pulled out my nine than I slapped mah bitch 'til she couldn't take it no more, gotta scratch that itch" I'd like to see more sane, middle-class Black Americans in the Media."

[sm=34.gif]

Social media: an excellent reminder of why I moved 150 miles away from these people.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: I am pissed off because... (15/4/2014 6:30:53 PM)

quote:

I had a similar thing happen to me. I was clipping the hedge on a Saturday afternoon, which meant he couldn't hear the horse-racing. I seem to remember saying under my breath, come down here and say that while I've got these hedge clippers in my hand. But of course that meant him moving away from the TV. He never repeated that episode and has fucked off now,

sharkboy -> RE: I am pissed off because... (15/4/2014 8:13:07 PM)

quote:

I wouldn't worry, it was probably Cherryvalley or Belmont (for those not familiar with Belfast, these are the posh parts of the East of the city). Then again, I'm from East Belfast too, so next time you're cutting your grass I'll come down for moral support :) Alternatively, cut the grass at 8 in the morning instead [sm=evilgrin27.gif]

Scruffybobby -> RE: I am pissed off because... (16/4/2014 8:04:14 PM)

Just had to delete about 300 spam emails from my inbox, some kind of snafu by Virgin it seems

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (23/4/2014 5:42:02 PM)

My manager just do not get it!

I just had enough and I may hand in my notice soon. I just can't work in that situation any more. I did my best to keep things as professional as possible but it always blow up in my face. How the hell can I act professional when a sack of shit manager just decide to pick on me and just wind me up. Yes I know I'm not perfect but for fuck sake am I pissed off seeing a lazy wanker just trolling certain co workers for his enjoyment.

It's a difficult situation to manager because I want to be seen as proffessional but this overblown cunt just want to put people down. He the worst performer on our department and many people complained about him. However these complaints only last a few weeks because he only chanage his behavour for the best in the short term. What he start being assy with people, that when productivity goes down and sometimes I don't want to go to work because I fear I will smack him. However it got to the stage I will stand up for myself and cause a scene. The good thing is I'm part of the union and I will look forward in taking it to the tribunal if I get the sack.

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/5/2014 4:56:39 PM)

Just had a glance at the timetable for Primavera. The clashes include:

The National/Slint
St Vincent/Future Islands
Pixies/The War On Drugs
Mogwai/ NIN
Jesu/Factory Floor/ !!!
And a tiny ten minute window to get from Arcade Fire to QOTSA.

Fuck.

Olaf -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/5/2014 5:03:51 PM)

The National because Slint aren't really a live sort of band, St Vincent, War on Drugs because the Pixies will probably be playing their crappy new material anyway, Mogwai, Factory Floor. easeh easeh. (though I would like to see Slint. Just not at a festival.)

superdan -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/5/2014 5:20:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

This isn't even a decision. The Future Islands are a novelty dad act, they are basically the Fine Young Cannibals only worse.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/5/2014 5:45:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

This isn't even a decision. The Future Islands are a novelty dad act, they are basically the Fine Young Cannibals only worse.

Is that actually possible?

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (2/5/2014 12:39:51 PM)

It's only really the St Vincent/Future Islands one that's a dilemma - the rest are vaguely annoying but pretty straightforward choices (The National, The War On Drugs, Jesu, Mogwai) but this one's taxing my brain. I'm tempted to go for Future Islands* 'cos I'm seeing St Vincent in August anyway though the idea of watching that sexy goddess on a warm evening in Barcelona is hard to resist. Though to be honest it's kind of all academic - these clashes happen every year and I've found they become less anxiety-inducing the more alcohol and drugs I shove down my pie-hole.

*Who by the way sound bugger all like Fine Young Cannibals. Not that that would be a bad thing anyway - She Drives Me Crazy rocks like only a song sung by a man called Roland can.

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/5/2014 12:07:12 AM)

I am pissed off because I still can't shake the bugs out of my laptop, even after my techno-savvy mate spent 90 minutes working on it...

This after clicking on a perfectly innocent link on TRIP ADVISOR... my mate tells me that TA has practically fuck-all in the way of security and one wrong click and your computer gets riddled...

I'm not saying that this is the absolute truth, please correct me if I'm wrong, but he's a computer genius and he can't stop my laptop crashing three times a day...

Any of you lot got any similar experiences or advice?

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: I am pissed off because... (6/5/2014 5:01:34 PM)

I got some really terrible news today. Not gonna go into specifics but I'm beyond gutted, it hasnt even hit me yet. I just want to lie down.

shool -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/5/2014 12:45:35 AM)

Sorry to hear that Keyser. Hope you're ok.

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/5/2014 9:00:05 PM)

One of my co workers couldn't attend work because she's dealing with a family tradegy. So somehow this make it perfectly acceptable for my manager to take his frustration out on his own staff members including me. I just had enough and I still haven't decided if I should report this or not. I'm just angry because the samething is happening over and over again. My professional attitude took so many hits by his unprofessional conduct, I will require a month at boot camp to repair the damage.

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/5/2014 2:24:04 PM)

I had two further incidents of bullying yesterday. All three incidents were reported to HR and to my union rep. I'm just sick and tired of having to put up with this constant shit from an under achiever. It turned out most bullying managers often are underachievers and will always pick on their strongest workers. I mean that is fucking insane because our department is underperforming and is at the botton of the company league table. Worst still there is always multiple victims from the single bully just like on my department. Some people do not get bullied but others like myself do. It got to the stage I just want to hit him so hard and I'm not a violent person.

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (3/7/2014 8:37:50 PM)

I've just spent 90 minutes driving here to see her, and my mum doesn't even come off the phone to say hi properly.

20 minutes ago.

Still going.

And in fucking Welsh so I don't even know what the conversation is about apart from my name coming up and a chuckle.

HARHARHARHAR [sm=indifferent08.gif]

shool -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/7/2014 10:18:12 AM)

I'm supposed to be going to a work BBQ when the world cup quarter finals are playing. Argh!

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (6/7/2014 2:02:37 PM)

Baton Relay. Who in their right tiny little minds thought it was a good idea to programme the relay to start in peak work travel hours? We've got to suffer through about 4 different areas on the way to work - one day it starts 7.30am, so the hoopla will be there even earlier, on a main trunk route up towards Glasgow with no real not adding a hell of a lot more time to the journey alternative. Another day it starts nearly as early further up the route (so same problem) but, even better, completely blocks travel home.

It's bad enough the snotty atitude in Glagow itself to any complaints about the over the top closures for the 'games family' is stow it and 'do your part'. Basically they've just told people not to bother going to work and find some other way to do stuff because non Games travel during the 2 weeks will be treated as well nigh irrelevant. Sadly it got to the stage when it was screw anything not to do with the Games. They don't even have a simple list of closures and restrictions, with actual details of what they are, especially eg parts of the M8 etc shown as part of the network without easy to access info on what that means. I've asked the Game2014 twitter account and while they are responsive the attitude is also 'tough' and 'here's a presentation we did earlier'. Although the latter is not user friendly for a busy commuter there is one utterly baffling bit where they talk about always having a commuter route alongside a restricted lane except in one on-ramp to an off-ramp at a busy junction, but they completely avoid using the word 'closed' because it's such a used route but don't say what else it can be, given it's one lane. But then they come out with the spoilsport type tags if you get irked at this as opposed to it being poorly communicated and very little consideration being given to the working life of the city . Gits. [:@]

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/7/2014 7:01:09 AM)

I have a week off to go out with my girlfriend, and she is looking forward to it. However, I think I may be in the process of coming down with something as last night I went from freezing cold to burning and back to freezing cold again, have a thumping headache and can barely move my neck. I may just be stoic. [:'(]

Page: <<   < prev  345 346 347 [348] 349   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI