RE: I am pissed off because... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/1/2014 5:53:16 PM)

Sigh...

Got a temporary job starting next Thursday, for 4-6 weeks (could be longer, we'll see). Grand.

Been given a date for my operation on my wrist. Grand.

They're both clashing so I'm going to have to delay the operation. Ugh.

It's not a big deal that I have to delay the op (again), but it's a real case of Sod's law that after being unemployed since July, now I get a date that could otherwise have been manageable.

[>:]

[EDIT]

Oh for... just had an email back from the agency telling me the email for one of my references isn't working, but their office is closed and I can't contact anyone until Monday.

Fuck it, I'm ordering pizza [>:]

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/1/2014 3:47:48 PM)

Our boiler went on the blink on Sat morning so no hot water/heating all weekend. Got home to discover it started working again 5 minutes before the heating engineer arrived. We think the washing machine (which is getting very very jumpy) managed to knock a fuse loose and, just ofr the hell of it, it decided to right itself at exactly the wrong time.

shool -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/1/2014 12:01:09 PM)

My boiler stopped working yesterday for the 3rd time in the last 6 months. Really frustrated with it.
Hopefully fixed again today, but I'm thinking it is getting towards new boiler time which is not a cheap scenario.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/1/2014 12:16:10 PM)

It isn't - when we realised we didn't need an entire new boiler was when we finally decided to get the new TV.

I think ours was reasonable though - we got it 4 years ago for a price that was about half what the first quote (from British Gas) came in at, and this chap arranged his own builder etc too. We had 4 quotes in and made sure two were recomended local, the other big companies. Local were cheaper and lived up to their ratings.

UTB -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/1/2014 12:16:13 PM)

Team Lunch today. Kill me.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/1/2014 12:34:03 PM)

My mum was in hospital last April and has been all but housebound since. She is having issues with dizziness so can't go out by herself.

After having her eyes checked and it being confirmed it wasn't them (which took more than 5 months for an appt, outside the NHS waiting times) it was on to ENT. That was another 3 months.

I can't complain about the treatment yesterday - it was distressing watching my mum being made so uncomfortable but it was fully explained to her up front and the staff were very considerate. But it was the fact that she apparently has something that's such an obvious diagnosis each new patient to ENT goes to the audio-ologist before the consultant for a check. It then takes 1-2 manipulations (4 movements of the head) and that fixes virtually every case of it.

Now mum saw an ENT (junior) doctor back in April. So how in hell's name has she been housebound for months because of this? I suspect it's because trainees still don't spend as much time with other health professionals during their training. Quietly furious about this, which has no doubt been exacerbated by watching my mum in such distress yesterday.

shool -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/1/2014 12:36:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

It isn't - when we realised we didn't need an entire new boiler was when we finally decided to get the new TV.

I think ours was reasonable though - we got it 4 years ago for a price that was about half what the first quote (from British Gas) came in at, and this chap arranged his own builder etc too. We had 4 quotes in and made sure two were recomended local, the other big companies. Local were cheaper and lived up to their ratings.

Fingers crossed we can keep it running a bit longer. I'll set a deadline of 2 more breakdowns before throwing in the towel.

Luckily we have a super reasonable heating engineer who often doesnt charge us unless he's replacing a part.

UTB -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/1/2014 1:44:27 PM)

quote:

My mum was in hospital last April and has been all but housebound since. She is having issues with dizziness so can't go out by herself.

After having her eyes checked and it being confirmed it wasn't them (which took more than 5 months for an appt, outside the NHS waiting times) it was on to ENT. That was another 3 months.

I can't complain about the treatment yesterday - it was distressing watching my mum being made so uncomfortable but it was fully explained to her up front and the staff were very considerate. But it was the fact that she apparently has something that's such an obvious diagnosis each new patient to ENT goes to the audio-ologist before the consultant for a check. It then takes 1-2 manipulations (4 movements of the head) and that fixes virtually every case of it.

Now mum saw an ENT (junior) doctor back in April. So how in hell's name has she been housebound for months because of this? I suspect it's because trainees still don't spend as much time with other health professionals during their training. Quietly furious about this, which has no doubt been exacerbated by watching my mum in such distress yesterday.

That sounds awful, Elab.

Just a thought: has your mum had her sinuses checked? I used to get horrendous dizziness in short, sharp spells that I put down to an ear problem (I have no eardrum in my left ear - prone to infections) - it actually turned to be sinusitis (infection/inflammation of the sinuses). The effect is like being turned upside down in an instant. Horrible stuff.

Hope she gets sorted soon.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/1/2014 7:02:38 AM)

I have inherited a rather dull and workload heavy aspect in my job. I have to travel about 100 miles for a 3 hour meeting tomorrow. I received the minutes through and they consist of various random letters thrown together such as ICT, RMA, etc. I have no idea what this meeting is about. [8|] I expect buzz words galore.

jonson -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/1/2014 8:33:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia
I expect buzz words galore.

I write them down to amuse my co-workers when I return.
As I left a meeting with some architects and interior designers the other day, just as we walked out one of them said "don't forget the 3 C's," and I thought he said "sea shells" [:D]
Anyway, FYI they are cooperation, communication and coordination. It's shame one of them wasn't simply "common sense" but alas, most of these pricks who talk this gibberish haven't got any.

I am being followed around by paedophiles, dead and alive.
Can we just round up anyone who was famous before 1980, anyone who has ever worked for the BBC, burn them alive and move the fuck on please.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/1/2014 8:42:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson
Can we just round up anyone who was famous before 1980, anyone who has ever worked for the BBC, burn them alive and move the fuck on please.

I worked for the BBC back in the 80's! [:D]

I did get a letter a few years back when all this was kicking off initially asking if I had been subject to any abuse. I hadn't but some of the stuff I saw that was classed as normal back then certainly wouldn't now (a colleague of mine being groped at a Xmas party - she just laughed it off and carried on partying)

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/1/2014 9:16:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

That sounds awful, Elab.

Just a thought: has your mum had her sinuses checked? I used to get horrendous dizziness in short, sharp spells that I put down to an ear problem (I have no eardrum in my left ear - prone to infections) - it actually turned to be sinusitis (infection/inflammation of the sinuses). The effect is like being turned upside down in an instant. Horrible stuff.

Hope she gets sorted soon.

Sinuses are evil thinks - caused me the most pain I've had in my life.

Mum's dizziness is constant and they do know what it is know (something dislodged in the inner ear). It's just that it's been treated as such a basic obvious check/diagnosis - and this is nearly 9 months stuck at home unable to go out by herself.

jonson -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/1/2014 9:35:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

I worked for the BBC back in the 80's! [:D]

I did get a letter a few years back when all this was kicking off initially asking if I had been subject to any abuse. I hadn't but some of the stuff I saw that was classed as normal back then certainly wouldn't now (a colleague of mine being groped at a Xmas party - she just laughed it off and carried on partying)

OK, perhaps not you then. [:D]
I was at work in the 80's, I spent many a time standing by the punch bowl at the Xmas party trying to get groped. I don't know why they are making such a fuss [:D]

Elab that sounds so annoying and frustrating. I learned from going back and forth with my parents that sometimes you have to demand to see the right people.
I feel sorry for NHS workers, I think the system is utterly brilliant and the envy of the world, but when they get it wrong, or don't give the service you want, your head explodes.
I hope she starts to feel better

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/1/2014 5:55:25 PM)

However I imagine it was not trying to get groped by a dirty old man Jonson (or was it)? [;)]

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/1/2014 6:06:01 PM)

quote:

Elab that sounds so annoying and frustrating. I learned from going back and forth with my parents that sometimes you have to demand to see the right people.
I feel sorry for NHS workers, I think the system is utterly brilliant and the envy of the world, but when they get it wrong, or don't give the service you want, your head explodes.
I hope she starts to feel better

I have some links to the NHS so being stroppy isn't really the problem - it's just this frustration now that this should not have been a complicated diagnosis back then. So it's an individual junior doctor who presumably didn't spend enough time with AHPs when he was training. Infuriating.

My parents are at the age where I'm the same - the separate calendar of hospital visits I need to take them on (because they never listen properly to the doctors and always make up best case scenarios! - my dad was the worse with his cancer treatment [:)])

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (23/1/2014 9:08:39 PM)

Ongoing adventures with the NHS. As a result of the other stuff my mum took a dive this morning, face first into a bedside cabinet. The first A&E were great, and would be the,selves be a hugely positive post, and all power to them. She was sent up to the Ophthalmology A&E, which you need an acute referral to and was told they'd call through to sort it. So I took her.

So this post is dedicated to the ignorant jobsworth who first said he could find no record of her and who, when I suggested simply calling this other part of his NHS Board which had sent her on there, responded 'it's not my job to do that' and getting quite shirty at my temerity in suggesting it.. As my mum sat shakily with a still bleeding eye. Rather wonderfully, when he was later heard complaining about my suggestion (and then telling him to just put her on the appt list) to one of the nurses the response was 'oh we know about her, we're expecting her', said nurse then coming over to get my mum.

What a horrible person to have dealing with the public - he should be left by himself in a filing room somewhere IMO.

steffols -> RE: I am pissed off because... (23/1/2014 11:28:44 PM)

Yes upstairs neighbour demon. Listening to your washing machine vibrate my whole living room was precisely what I wanted at 11.30pm. How did you know?!

Fucksake.

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (24/1/2014 5:25:05 PM)

Someone's broken the wing mirror on my car... It's being held on by the mirror's wire/cable/whatever you call it, and a shit ton of Brown packing tape.

Valanya -> RE: I am pissed off because... (24/1/2014 6:23:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Someone's broken the wrong mirror on my car... It's being held on by the mirror's wire/cable/whatever you call it, and a shit ton of Brown packing tape.

Out of curiosity, which would have been the correct mirror to break? [;)]

I'm annoyed because once again my car is broken. Last spring the power steering motor broke, couldn't afford to get it fixed for ages so had to swap cars with my partner for months because he could just about manhandle it around corners but I couldn't. Got it fixed in August, new motor, very expensive but hooray! The power steering worked again!

Since all the rain in October though it's had intermittent problems with the power steering again, but this time with the addition issues of the speedo being completely fucked and often not turning off. Finally had time to get it diagnosed last week. What a surprise, the power steering motor has gone again! And this time, it took half the electrical system with it! The garage has disconnected the motor now so it's a lot more drivable (handling more like a car that just doesn't have power steering) and that's also solved the issue of the engine not turning off, but it's going to be 380+ to get the motor replaced again. On top of that, the speedo needs doing entirely separately... and that's once we've figured out whether it's the dashboard or the sensor (or both), so lord knows how much that's going to cost.

I've had so many problems with this car, I really wanted it to just get to April when I would know for sure what my employment status is next year. If I knew for certain I had a job then I could start looking at something a bit newer and more reliable, but I can't tie myself into monthly payments until I know that for sure. Fucking Renault.

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (25/1/2014 8:34:27 PM)

So, I'm almost never ill, despite not taking care of myself much (yeah, I drink too much, used to smoke heavily, eat all the wrong foods, etc...)

I kind of pride myself on it! [:)]

And then, in the space of a single afternoon, I come down with both an utterly stinking cold AND raging toothache!

I think my past sins are catching up with me...

[sm=34.gif]

jcthefirst -> RE: I am pissed off because... (26/1/2014 10:50:09 PM)

...apparently it's my fault that I can't get my dad back into his e-mail account that he locked himself out of. 3 days before they're due to leae for Australia and he NEEDS to e-mail people back re: accommodation and the like.

Also, Microsoft are a ballache , and because my dad fucked up the first password reset, I can't try for another 24 hours. Also, my fault apparently.

MonsterCat -> RE: I am pissed off because... (26/1/2014 10:57:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

...apparently it's my fault that I can't get my dad back into his e-mail account that he locked himself out of. 3 days before they're due to leae for Australia and he NEEDS to e-mail people back re: accommodation and the like.

Also, Microsoft are a ballache , and because my dad fucked up the first password reset, I can't try for another 24 hours. Also, my fault apparently.

One time my mum accused me of breaking a website.

Old people and the internet just don't mix, sir.

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (26/1/2014 11:23:20 PM)

"It was working fine before you fixed it!"

It wasn't fine if it needed fixing!

Actually, I've taught my mum well over the years, she uses memes and everything.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/1/2014 7:26:22 PM)

I appear to have either cracked or broken a rib (the Doctor is uncertain on what level but apparently they don't x-ray these things nowadays to check).

Ref -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/1/2014 9:36:57 PM)

New job had pissed me off, it's only my second day and they reckon I should know how things run already. Despite the fact that I've had NO BLOODY TRAINING AT ALL!!!

*coughs*

Tomorrow's gonna be fun [8|]

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/1/2014 12:46:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I appear to have either cracked or broken a rib (the Doctor is uncertain on what level but apparently they don't x-ray these things nowadays to check).

Get it removed pronto - it didn't do Prince any harm.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/1/2014 5:48:07 PM)

It is one of the ones at the top which would defeat the object. [;)]

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/1/2014 6:31:12 PM)

Someone senior who persisently talks as if things haven't been done (even though he's got the figures and has been notified repeatedly but he's done nothing about it so that equates to the same thing, even though he's undermining the work of the person who has actually done what they are supposed to) has done it again - 1 day before a deadline given in December, hasn't done a thing so throws it back for other people to sort. Which he started with an oh so innocent e-mail asking why something hadn't been done about something connected to it. To which my response was 'to do that we need the figures you promised' because I've pretty much had it with him doing this over and over again. But he's still dumped it back. And if it can't be done in time now, guess which idiot will end up taking the flack?

Arse [>:]

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/1/2014 9:56:47 PM)

I've been saving up to get my PS4 and following my pay from work tomorrow I should have had enough to get one.

Should being the operative word, as I've been underpaid by about 640!!!!

God help whoever I get on the phone in HR tomorrow

DJ Satan -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2014 10:24:14 AM)

The light got stolen off my bike yesterday from outside the cinema. But I'm not pissed off about that.

I'm more upset at the number of friends suggesting it was my fault for not taking them off. [:(]

Page: <<   < prev  344 345 [346] 347 348   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI