RE: I am pissed off because... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Hobbitonlass -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/9/2013 12:29:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Breaking bad is over.

Not for me! Got to wait until this evening [&o]

jonson -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/9/2013 2:25:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Breaking bad is over.

Not for me it's not, I'm on episode 8 Season 4. [:)]

Any good fella, I'm thinking of giving it a go?

Yes, really enjoying it. Now quite the wankfest I was led to believe, but solid enough. It does get better as the series go on though...

homersimpson_esq -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/9/2013 3:42:10 PM)

quote:

really enjoying the wank

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/9/2013 9:37:28 PM)

... my neighbours are having work done to their house (which is OK) but there is a great big cauldron of tar just bubbling away not six feet from my living room... even when I shut all my windows, the smell just keeps creeping in...

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/10/2013 12:01:20 AM)

quote:

I used to remove the corner ones, then put them back in the right place.
Although I couldn't do it in front of an audience, so it was more for my own pleasure.

I used to hurl it across the room [:D]

Also that sounds an awful lot like the Invisible Boy from Mystery Men, performing amazing tricks when no one's looking.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Apparently there is a knack to it. I know someone who can always solve them no matter how you twist them around. I lack the knack and the closest I ever got was two sides.

I can't not solve it now. Time to turn to Sudoku or something [8D]

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/10/2013 12:21:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

I used to remove the corner ones, then put them back in the right place.
Although I couldn't do it in front of an audience, so it was more for my own pleasure.

I used to hurl it across the room [:D]

Also that sounds an awful lot like the Invisible Boy from Mystery Men, performing amazing tricks when no one's looking.

quote:

Apparently there is a knack to it. I know someone who can always solve them no matter how you twist them around. I lack the knack and the closest I ever got was two sides.

I can't not solve it now. Time to turn to Sudoku or something [8D]

I'm kind of the same - ages ago I got the moves to sort out the bases round each side when one was complete, then build those up and then finally the top - although the last bit is the one I kept forgetting [:D]

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/10/2013 12:01:11 PM)

There nothing really to add except the usual my manager need bodyguards for protection.

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/10/2013 12:57:53 PM)

Time for a Rant.

D-Day for our redundancy announcements is fast coming and essentially a week today we find out if we're being let go or not, due to work dramastically cutting the redundancy package shortly there's a wierd aura around the office where most people (myself included) want to take Redundancy because if (when if I'm honest) redundancy comes around again next year you'll be getting thousands of pounds less in your pay-out.

Our office is split into 2 areas - 1 that takes phone calls and 1 that does the admin work to back them up, about 2 months ago I was moved to the admin team in a reshuffle of staff (not at my own request I might add), which I was pleasantly surprised with, as I don't enjoy the phone work here to be honest.

Yesterday the phone teams were discussing how many people were in today and realised that from a team of 10 they were scheduled to have 4 people in due to people's shifts changing/sickness/a mix-up in Holidays. One of the guys joked that he would call in sick as today was going to be a busy day because of it, this morning comes along and the self same guy doesn't turn in or call in sick, after an hour one of the phone guys is called away to the hospital as one of her family members has fallen sick leaving 2 people on the phones when the schedule says 8 are needed. We finally get ahold of the guy who hasn't turned up or called in and he admits he's slept in, when he was asked how quick he could come in and told how short staffed we were the response was, and I quote "Fuck that, I'm not coming in to get shouted at because people have had to queue" and promptly put the phone down. Any further phone-calls are sent straight to voicemail and yours truly is now having to cover the phone-lines whilst still trying to do my work and to top it off I'm now doing the late shift as my colleague who went to the hospital was meant to cover it.

Now my colleague going to the hospital? Absolutely, completely understand and don't have a problem at all, the other guy? I daren't give my opinion as I don't think there are enough swear words in the world to do it justice, he's clearly trying to make his boss get rid of him, so not only does it mean that I have to do 2 people's work today, he's probably jeapordizing my chances of getting made redundant myself as he's clearly not caring whilst I'm covering as much as I can.

God damn it, having a conscience sucks monkey nuts at times.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/10/2013 1:15:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Time for a Rant.

D-Day for our redundancy announcements is fast coming and essentially a week today we find out if we're being let go or not, due to work dramastically cutting the redundancy package shortly there's a wierd aura around the office where most people (myself included) want to take Redundancy because if (when if I'm honest) redundancy comes around again next year you'll be getting thousands of pounds less in your pay-out.

Our office is split into 2 areas - 1 that takes phone calls and 1 that does the admin work to back them up, about 2 months ago I was moved to the admin team in a reshuffle of staff (not at my own request I might add), which I was pleasantly surprised with, as I don't enjoy the phone work here to be honest.

Yesterday the phone teams were discussing how many people were in today and realised that from a team of 10 they were scheduled to have 4 people in due to people's shifts changing/sickness/a mix-up in Holidays. One of the guys joked that he would call in sick as today was going to be a busy day because of it, this morning comes along and the self same guy doesn't turn in or call in sick, after an hour one of the phone guys is called away to the hospital as one of her family members has fallen sick leaving 2 people on the phones when the schedule says 8 are needed. We finally get ahold of the guy who hasn't turned up or called in and he admits he's slept in, when he was asked how quick he could come in and told how short staffed we were the response was, and I quote "Fuck that, I'm not coming in to get shouted at because people have had to queue" and promptly put the phone down. Any further phone-calls are sent straight to voicemail and yours truly is now having to cover the phone-lines whilst still trying to do my work and to top it off I'm now doing the late shift as my colleague who went to the hospital was meant to cover it.

Now my colleague going to the hospital? Absolutely, completely understand and don't have a problem at all, the other guy? I daren't give my opinion as I don't think there are enough swear words in the world to do it justice, he's clearly trying to make his boss get rid of him, so not only does it mean that I have to do 2 people's work today, he's probably jeapordizing my chances of getting made redundant myself as he's clearly not caring whilst I'm covering as much as I can.

He shouldn't be getting redundancy tho' should he? More like the sack. That's gone straight to final warning, if he's lucky - constructive resigning in fact;

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/10/2013 8:06:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

Time for a Rant.

He shouldn't be getting redundancy tho' should he? More like the sack. That's gone straight to final warning, if he's lucky - constructive resigning in fact;

That's what I'm hoping - its the 3rd time he's done it now, last time the Department manager took him into a meeting room and apparently made it clear he was on thin ice because of it, I don't think he'll get redundancy, but he's the slippery type of guy that will claim he was messing around and was actually ill.

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/10/2013 6:04:05 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Time for a Rant.

That's what I'm hoping - its the 3rd time he's done it now, last time the Department manager took him into a meeting room and apparently made it clear he was on thin ice because of it, I don't think he'll get redundancy, but he's the slippery type of guy that will claim he was messing around and was actually ill.

Guess who only got a slap on the wrists and told not to do it again [:@]

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/10/2013 6:46:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Time for a Rant.

Guess who only got a slap on the wrists and told not to do it again [:@]

That's just an insult to every other staff member - what absolute wimps.

superdan -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/10/2013 7:15:05 PM)

The weird thing is they were given an open goal to get rid of someone who obviously doesn't offer much to the team without having to pay them redundancy and decided to ignore it. Shit management.

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/10/2013 11:08:40 PM)

Pretty much, he's been ordered to take the next 2 weeks as annual leave as people are properly pissed off at him, its just frustrating that people like that can do this stuff regularly (he regularly fucks around at work anyway), and seemingly get away with it.

jcthefirst -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 1:47:28 PM)

'Can not offer Next Day Delivery to your postcode'

Bugger.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 7:22:37 PM)

I have just received an email from Paypal stating I have sent 330 for a payment for a Galaxy SIII mobile to somewhere in Thailand. This is the first I have heard of it. The problem is the account my Paypal is linked to only has a small amount of money in it as I only budget a certain amount to use in a given month and this will take it massively overdrawn and having just paid my car insurance I cannot afford to transfer that amount across. If memory serves it takes quite a while for Paypal to resolve disputes. [:@]

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 7:31:26 PM)

Found out at work today that I actually still have 55 hours of holiday left to take before the end of the year - which is great since I was under the impression I had nothing left at all. (I was previously told that)

However we're not allowed to take holidays in November/December because that's the busiest time of the year for us. And with my health still not 100%, I could really use a break before the busy period arrives.

So I've been told I'll be paid it instead.

I don't care about the pay. I care about my health and all that's going to happen now is that I'll end up being off sick leaving them short staffed when they need me the most, because I'll be so tired.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 7:36:16 PM)

quote:

I have just received an email from Paypal stating I have sent 330 for a payment for a Galaxy SIII mobile to somewhere in Thailand. This is the first I have heard of it. The problem is the account my Paypal is linked to only has a small amount of money in it as I only budget a certain amount to use in a given month and this will take it massively overdrawn and having just paid my car insurance I cannot afford to transfer that amount across. If memory serves it takes quite a while for Paypal to resolve disputes. [:@]

Did you click a link in the e-mail or go to your account separately? Just in case it's a dodgy e-mail.

I'd get in touch with your bank immediately and see if they can stop the transfer to Paypal - screw them, they've messed up. They shouldn't be allowing any pymts like that. Explain loudly to your bank the money is being stolen.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 7:38:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Found out at work today that I actually still have 55 hours of holiday left to take before the end of the year - which is great since I was under the impression I had nothing left at all. (I was previously told that)

However we're not allowed to take holidays in November/December because that's the busiest time of the year for us. And with my health still not 100%, I could really use a break before the busy period arrives.

I don't care about the pay. I care about my health and all that's going to happen now is that I'll end up being off sick leaving them short staffed when they need me the most, because I'll be so tired.

I think it's horrible that your work seem to be a bit of 'out of sight out of mind' with what you're been through, although perhaps you've put on a strong front and it's helped them forget?

Can't they let you take anything at the end of the month?

MonsterCat -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 7:43:01 PM)

Not so much pissed off but slightly annoyed at a certain person who claims to be a feminist and then makes blanket and sexist statements about men. Just seems a little bit hypocritical to me.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 7:53:05 PM)

quote:

quote:

Did you click a link in the e-mail or go to your account separately? Just in case it's a dodgy e-mail.

I'd get in touch with your bank immediately and see if they can stop the transfer to Paypal - screw them, they've messed up. They shouldn't be allowing any pymts like that. Explain loudly to your bank the money is being stolen.

I never click any links on emails and scan my computer with various malware/antivirus programmes on a regular basis and went in to the account separately to check the withdrawal had actually happened. I got in touch with my bank who informed that until the transaction actually passed (it was pending) they could not do anything and as it was a Paypal matter it was down to them. Luckily as I was on the phone to them Paypal came back to me to inform they have found in my favour (I imagine the fact the delivery address for the mobile is in Indonesia is a bit of a give away) and so they should be stopping the payment preventing me going overdrawn. One thing you can say for Paypal they are quick off the mark.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 7:55:50 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I never click any links on emails and scan my computer with various malware/antivirus programmes on a regular basis and went in to the account separately to check the withdrawal had actually happened. I got in touch with my bank who informed that until the transaction actually passed (it was pending) they could not do anything and as it was a Paypal matter it was down to them. Luckily as I was on the phone to them Paypal came back to me to inform they have found in my favour (I imagine the fact the delivery address for the mobile is in Indonesia is a bit of a give away) and so they should be stopping the payment preventing me going overdrawn. One thing you can say for Paypal they are quick off the mark.

When they are :D

Banks can recall payments though - they rarely seem to as they don't want to take responsibility, but you can recall direct debits eg as well as other payments. I didn't even know about the DD one until the people who'd taken the wrong amount, and really screwed up, told me I could do it.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 8:15:55 PM)

That's interesting, they were telling me there was nothing they could do until the payment had cleared.

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 11:54:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Not so much pissed off but slightly annoyed at a certain person who claims to be a feminist and then makes blanket and sexist statements about men. Just seems a little bit hypocritical to me.

Aye, that John McCririck gets on my nerves too.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (8/10/2013 11:56:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Aye, that John McCririck gets on my nerves too.

Horribleives Horribleives Horribleives

There's a TV comedy poll in Lists - you HAVE to vote!!![:)]

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (9/10/2013 7:01:21 AM)

Now someone has tried to access my Facebook account (not that i use it anyway). A full system scan by various anti virus and malware programmes is underway...

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (9/10/2013 7:59:19 PM)

quote:

quote:

I think it's horrible that your work seem to be a bit of 'out of sight out of mind' with what you're been through, although perhaps you've put on a strong front and it's helped them forget?

Can't they let you take anything at the end of the month?

I have to be fair to my work - they've been absolutely amazing with me over the past year. Super, super accommodating with my time off and even being really flexible and understanding during work hours if I need a short break or a seat.

I'm pissed off at the situation but there's not really one person to blame for it. They're very aware how I'm still a way off being full strength just now, they can see it day to day - it was a myriad of reasons as to why this blip with my hours has transpired. (new rota systems implemented, new management taking over etc - basically a lot of changes that have meant some things have been missed)

My new manager has told me he'll see what he can do since it's in both of our interests for me to actually get the time off rather than the money. He is actually a really nice guy and I know he'll genuinely try to help me, but he's also very, very jobsworthy and so it's kinda almost him being the problem and the solution, if you follow?

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (9/10/2013 8:23:10 PM)

I do. I hope it works out - people do sometimes think a bit of extra cash would be great, but holidays are there for a reason. Not just for heading off for fun and sun, but the same reason people shouldn't be working 7 days a week. You need a break.

I can feel getting snappy a bit now as I've not had a proper holiday yet and everyone else has - I'm leaving it till next month, but it just feels so long!

Chief -> RE: I am pissed off because... (10/10/2013 9:46:14 AM)

quote:

If you didn't think you had any holidays left anyway what were you planning to do?

Look on the brightside, you had no holidays and normal wage, now you have no holidays and more money. I know the money doesn't bother you but if you didn't think you had holidays anyway it's win/win no?

Professor Moriarty -> RE: I am pissed off because... (10/10/2013 10:44:56 AM)

Are employers allowed to replace holiday with money? I thought there were laws against those kind of things now. Guess it is just below a statutory minimum or something.

I'm taking my holiday for the year the week after next. Can't bloomin' wait [:D]

Oh and I'm meant to be pissed off to post here. Well in that case, I'm pissed off because my wife is doing stuff for her brother. Which isn't something that should piss me off, isn't this what siblings do? What pisses me off is because she's self-employed he seems to think she has all the time in the world when she can do shit for him and... and well not get paid by anyone. I'd say she's done about 4 days of stuff this year without so much as a bunch of flowers as thanks.

Page: <<   < prev  336 337 [338] 339 340   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI