RE: I am pissed off because... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (14/8/2013 6:31:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

had a job interview that seemed to go really well, impressed the panel with answers, get told will be notified within a weeks time with yes or no.
Leave feeling good.
Phone rings less than an hour later 'Sorry, there was someone more qualified'
Feel depressed and still have to go into the job I am hating and act like its all ok.[:(]

I had that too. The interview was tough as shit but I think I handled myself quite well. Evidently not though as I recieved the rejection first thing next morning. Gotta keep on going though!

I've had 2 interviews over the past week, one last Thursday for a job that I walked away from thinking I had done well and it was a job I thought I'd enjoy, they said I'd hear early this week. Then one yesterday where I felt like I was lied to when I applied for it as I don't really want to do sales and they promised that although there was an element of up/cross-selling, there was no need to sell and it was all about offering further products to customers where you feel they could benefit from them, Get through a group segment of the interview, then once I'm in the 1 to 1 interview am told that there's a proper push on sales and targets as to how many products you sell, plus the icing on the cake? They can change your shift hours with 12 hours notice and regularly do - these guys said I'd hear in 48 hours, but I felt like I did bad in the interview and on talking to the wife we agreed that I'd reject the job if it was offered as if I took it I felt I'd end up coming home pissed off every day I'd worked.

Today I got a phone-call offering me 1 of the 2 jobs above - no prizes for guessing which one [8|]

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (14/8/2013 6:51:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

had a job interview that seemed to go really well, impressed the panel with answers, get told will be notified within a weeks time with yes or no.
Leave feeling good.
Feel depressed and still have to go into the job I am hating and act like its all ok.[:(]

I had that too. The interview was tough as shit but I think I handled myself quite well. Evidently not though as I recieved the rejection first thing next morning. Gotta keep on going though!

I've had 2 interviews over the past week, one last Thursday for a job that I walked away from thinking I had done well and it was a job I thought I'd enjoy, they said I'd hear early this week. Then one yesterday where I felt like I was lied to when I applied for it as I don't really want to do sales and they promised that although there was an element of up/cross-selling, there was no need to sell and it was all about offering further products to customers where you feel they could benefit from them, Get through a group segment of the interview, then once I'm in the 1 to 1 interview am told that there's a proper push on sales and targets as to how many products you sell, plus the icing on the cake? They can change your shift hours with 12 hours notice and regularly do - these guys said I'd hear in 48 hours, but I felt like I did bad in the interview and on talking to the wife we agreed that I'd reject the job if it was offered as if I took it I felt I'd end up coming home pissed off every day I'd worked.

Today I got a phone-call offering me 1 of the 2 jobs above - no prizes for guessing which one [8|]

And within 15 minutes of this post? I get an e-mail from the other one saying no [:(]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: I am pissed off because... (16/8/2013 10:06:01 AM)

Mosquito bites, 8 of them. One on my arm has erupted into into a massive lump that looks like it's going to erupt.

Bastard bloody mosquitoes, what's the point of them?

Shifty Bench -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/8/2013 3:34:52 PM)

Not pissed off but this bloody article has annoyed me- http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/seanthomas/100231060/are-atheists-mentally-ill/

Ummmmm......nope.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/8/2013 6:53:40 PM)

It is indeed one poorly written piece of rubbish. The author f the piece must be some form of amateur blogger who somehow got access to a national newspaper. How such amateur rubbish got printed is more an issue for poor editorial staff at the telegraph.

EDIT: Blimey he is a published author (of religious themed thrillers by the look of it) I would never have guessed if from the appalling structure and presentation of that article.

Shifty Bench -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/8/2013 7:09:25 PM)

It is not just poorly written, it is actually quite insulting too.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/8/2013 7:55:22 PM)

Essentially he is responding to a peer reviewed study regarding religion and recordable intelligence quotient by randomly picking some studies and then coming to a conclusion which they do not actually prove. What was really the point in the article in the first place other than proving the study he is writing the article in opposition to by showing his stupidity? [;)]

Ref -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/8/2013 11:46:57 PM)

First week in the new job, everyone is fine and lovely apart from my section boss, who I get a distinct feeling doesn't like me. It ended up on Friday with her swearing at me. Now I don't mind people cursing (I worked with brickies for 4 years, where every other word is a swear word), but when someone directs it at me - that's another story. I'm going to keep a log of this, so if this happens a lot through my probation I WILL bring it to the manger's attention.

Ref -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/8/2013 11:49:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Leave feeling good.

And within 15 minutes of this post? I get an e-mail from the other one saying no [:(]

I feel for you, CM. I found that a lot with job descriptions too. I just don't understand why they do this, as it wastes everyone's time.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/8/2013 11:43:54 AM)

In an act of genius I have cut a chunk out the tip of my right index finger, ie, my main typing finger.

I'm guessing the fact I'm still trying to work is the reason I am currently bleeding through my 3rd plaster [>:]

rawlinson -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/8/2013 12:25:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

In an act of genius I have cut a chunk out the tip of my right index finger, ie, my main typing finger.

I'm guessing the fact I'm still trying to work is the reason I am currently bleeding through my 3rd plaster [>:]

Cutting off part of your finger = Accident.

Trying to type afterwards = Act of genius.

[:D]

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/8/2013 2:24:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Cutting off part of your finger = Accident.

Trying to type afterwards = Act of genius.

[:D]

Last few months have been shocking but I'm beginning to see a slight glimmer of light. Or at least an end of working till past 10pm and on weekends.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/8/2013 7:28:42 PM)

I have just had notice they are shutting down my email account (talk21) in about a months time. I have no problem upgrading to a premium account so that it is not deleted but BT will not let me do (even though they tell me this is what I need to do if I want to keep it) which means the email address I have had for about 18 years is about to be wiped out.

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/8/2013 10:19:10 PM)

I just wish my former friend/ post emotional affair would leave me be and allow me to move on. I knew she was going to break NO CONTACT with the way she stared at me. However I didn't expect it to be so soon and despite doing my best to ignore her. Surprisingly I'm more annoyed she discussed our situation to a close friend of her who is also a co worker too. I only told one mature person of my situation and wasn't stupid enough to tell him who she is.

I'm doing my best to stay out of her way and trying to prevent her using me as an EA.However it appears she doesn#t accept the situation had changed and I will not go back into one. So the question is when will this stop and how without creating a situation. [sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/8/2013 10:50:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Leave feeling good.

I feel for you, CM. I found that a lot with job descriptions too. I just don't understand why they do this, as it wastes everyone's time.

Luckily I've got 2 interviews this Friday - one of them I don't know the salary (apparently its dependant on experience) but it's pretty much working for a company that I'd LOVE to work for, the only issue I have is that there's a small part of retail work involved - and I haven't done any retail work for about 12 years!!! The other one is very similar to the job that turned me down last week, but they seem very eager to get me in, the vacancy was only posted late last Wednesday, I sent in an application that evening and less than 24 hours later they were leaving me voicemails keen to get me in for an interview and even mentioned helping me and mine relocate.

So why do I have this feeling in the pit of my gut that I'm going to epicly F both interviews up? [8|]

Valanya -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 1:20:07 PM)

quote:

Luckily I've got 2 interviews this Friday - one of them I don't know the salary (apparently its dependant on experience) but it's pretty much working for a company that I'd LOVE to work for, the only issue I have is that there's a small part of retail work involved - and I haven't done any retail work for about 12 years!!! The other one is very similar to the job that turned me down last week, but they seem very eager to get me in, the vacancy was only posted late last Wednesday, I sent in an application that evening and less than 24 hours later they were leaving me voicemails keen to get me in for an interview and even mentioned helping me and mine relocate.

So why do I have this feeling in the pit of my gut that I'm going to epicly F both interviews up? [8|]

Good luck with the interviews! It's only natural to think you're going to screw something up, especially if you've been looking for a while, but I'm sure it'll be fine [:)]

I'm not so much pissed off as rather amazed at someone's utter stupidity and selfishness. My partner's brother just graduated from university, and moved back in with his parents about six months ago. He's always been one of those people that can't seem to get past acting like a 15 year old (i.e. everyone hates me/every mistake I make is someone else's fault/I don't want any responsibilities) but this really takes the biscuit. It has just come out that he is not only in debt in multiple bank accounts, but it's not even agreed overdraft; its hundreds (possibly more, I'm not sure on the figures) past agreed overdrafts. How was this discovered? Because his parents just found out that, having had a credit score of 100 or thereabouts for many years, in the last 6 months it has dropped to 75 and their house is on the verge of being blacklisted from credit due to the amount of debt.

This seriously affects the whole family, because his dad is four years from retirement and their retirement plan was to buy a couple of properties to let out, as their credit has always been amazing and their own mortgage will be paid off. If this continues, it looks like that will be impossible for them now. And the worst part is that he won't even let anyone look at his finances and has a tantrum if either of his parents (both of whom are EXTREMELY good with money - his mother is practically the accountant for her place of work) ask about them. According to him it's all "under control" which it evidently isn't.

We're going back to visit tomorrow, as it'll be our last chance before Christmas. This could be fun [&:]

Chief -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 1:46:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya
I'm not so much pissed off as rather amazed at someone's utter stupidity and selfishness. My partner's brother just graduated from university, and moved back in with his parents about six months ago. He's always been one of those people that can't seem to get past acting like a 15 year old (i.e. everyone hates me/every mistake I make is someone else's fault/I don't want any responsibilities) but this really takes the biscuit. It has just come out that he is not only in debt in multiple bank accounts, but it's not even agreed overdraft; its hundreds (possibly more, I'm not sure on the figures) past agreed overdrafts. How was this discovered? Because his parents just found out that, having had a credit score of 100 or thereabouts for many years, in the last 6 months it has dropped to 75 and their house is on the verge of being blacklisted from credit due to the amount of debt.

This seriously affects the whole family, because his dad is four years from retirement and their retirement plan was to buy a couple of properties to let out, as their credit has always been amazing and their own mortgage will be paid off. If this continues, it looks like that will be impossible for them now. And the worst part is that he won't even let anyone look at his finances and has a tantrum if either of his parents (both of whom are EXTREMELY good with money - his mother is practically the accountant for her place of work) ask about them. According to him it's all "under control" which it evidently isn't.

I think he actually sounds depressed and is burying his head in the sand. If he can be persuaded to let the parents have a look and possibly help him out with money it'll be a weight off his shoulders.

Not sure how his bank accounts would mess up their credit score though? Unless they let him open accounts in their name, then they can't be that wise!

Chief -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 1:48:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

I just wish my former friend/ post emotional affair would leave me be and allow me to move on. I knew she was going to break NO CONTACT with the way she stared at me. However I didn't expect it to be so soon and despite doing my best to ignore her. Surprisingly I'm more annoyed she discussed our situation to a close friend of her who is also a co worker too. I only told one mature person of my situation and wasn't stupid enough to tell him who she is.

I'm doing my best to stay out of her way and trying to prevent her using me as an EA.However it appears she doesn#t accept the situation had changed and I will not go back into one. So the question is when will this stop and how without creating a situation. [sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

She broke the "no contact" thing by staring at you?

sharkboy -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 2:15:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

My thoughts exactly [:)] As for the bit in bold, you seem to have forgotten the many people on this very forum who were aware of pretty much every intricacy of your stalki...sorry, "emotional affair" [;)]. Or maybe you consider only one of us to be mature? If so, you're not wrong by much!

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 2:20:42 PM)

quote:

Surely you must've been looking at her to know she was staring at you?

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 2:52:22 PM)

quote:

[image]http://www.isdagram.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/facepalm1.gif[/image]

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 3:01:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya

quote:

Good luck with the interviews! It's only natural to think you're going to screw something up, especially if you've been looking for a while, but I'm sure it'll be fine [:)]

We're going back to visit tomorrow, as it'll be our last chance before Christmas. This could be fun [&:]

Contact the credit reference agencies to formally separate his credit scores from his parents. They do offer this, eg so people don't get affected in shared houses. It might be more difficult with family, but I'd certainly give it a go. Emphasise, officially, that he is an adult and his credit history has nothing to do with your inlaws.

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 5:17:01 PM)

...of Lori in The Walking Dead. Only just finished series 2 but...

SPOILERS

...if you're gonna egg your husband on to kill his mate, Lady Macbeth-style, it's a bit rich to then take the huff and come on all horrified when your husband, erm, kills his mate (in self defence, I might add). Bloody women. [;)]

jonson -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 5:29:19 PM)

I'm pissed off because I just read horriblives post above and I'm only half way through series 2 [:@] [:D]

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 5:40:23 PM)

Oh shit, sorry - I thought I'd left a big enough space. Woops.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/8/2013 8:02:51 PM)

Johnson has a Christmas Avatar he is either behind the times or ahead of the game.

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/8/2013 1:39:00 PM)

quote:

quote:

Actually by speaking to me.

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/8/2013 2:00:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

quote:

My thoughts exactly [:)] As for the bit in bold, you seem to have forgotten the many people on this very forum who were aware of pretty much every intricacy of your stalki...sorry, "emotional affair" [;)]. Or maybe you consider only one of us to be mature? If so, you're not wrong by much!

I was referring to my workplace.[;)]

As for the starring thing. There are times she's going to be in my line of sight and that something I can't do anything about. The difference is I'm seeing her at an angle and not directly head on.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/8/2013 2:07:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

[image]http://www.isdagram.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/facepalm1.gif[/image]

[:D][:D]

MonsterCat -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/8/2013 2:09:01 PM)

You know it's bad when the star of Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot is facepalming.

Page: <<   < prev  329 330 [331] 332 333   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI