RE: I am pissed off because... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Rebenectomy -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 2:12:21 PM)

So yesterday my wee boy visits the doctor's for a cough that won't shift, is given the all clear in terms of infection and just told to ride it out, and we're only to worry if he gets worse or develops a temperature. Less than an hour later, he rapidly deteriorates, temperature spikes and he sits with me in the house like a zombie, napping sporadically and just generally being a poorly little sod. As a result, I don't get back out of the house for things like food, or to top up the gas card, but I don't fret as it's probably little more than a heavy cold and my parents are due over today and can ferry me about in the car if needs be.

So what do I hear this morning? A security alert than makes it near impossible for my folks to get to my house any time soon, and this alert is for genuine pipe bomb, the third to be found stupidly close to my house since January. If this wasn't bad enough, my son is getting worse; we've had blotches, sore neck and a nose bleed to add to the cough and fever. I've called the doctor for advice to stop me going mental, and would even consider taking him to hospital were it not for the fact that said pipe bomb has been discovered a stones throw away from...yes you've guessed it...the fucking hospital!!!

To any dissidents, terrorists, paramilitaries, 'freedom fighters' and fleggers of either persuasion I have this to say to you. You are cunts, plain and simple. Stop trying to drag this country back into dark ages for want of a cause that has no place in a civilized society. How anyone made it through the troubles with their sanity in tact is beyond me.

sharkboy -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 2:25:53 PM)

Shit Reb, that sucks - and i'll happily second your last paragraph.  Take it you're referring to the Broadway incident?  Hopefully it'll get sorted soon and the wee man will start to feel a lot better.  If not, and he does continue to get worse have you thought about calling for an ambulance?  It should be able to make it through the alert and at the very least it'll mean that he gets seen by paramedics.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 2:39:57 PM)

Hope the little guy's OK, Reb.

Anyway, I'm just going to make a pre-emptive post here. It's going to be one of those days at work, I feel it in my waters, and the weekend is already doing my head in - and it's not even here yet.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 2:40:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

Frustration #1 - After spending ages trying to establish any kind of human contact at Zavvi with regards to the damaged boxset they sent me, I have discovered they are also completely incompetent at basic reading. I repeatedly asked for a refund, rather than a replacement as my experience with the company is shit and I'd rather not have anything else to do with them, and I've received an e-mail today saying my replacement is on its way. I even ticked the 'REFUND' box on the returns form I sent with my returned item. Twats. So help me God, if I get this new boxset and it's damaged.....

DEAR. GOD.

After yesterday's e-mail telling me a replacement was on it's way, I replied explaining there was clearly confusion somewhere as I'd specified a refund on the returns form. I even said at the end of my message, "Just to clarify, I would like a refund, NOT a replacement."

Today I received an e-mail back saying:

"Thank you for getting in touch with Zavvi.com.

I can confirm that your replacement will be sent to you shortly.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help."

YOU USELESS BUNCH OF TWAT EYED TOADS.

Oh,I gave up on Zavvi about a year ago.
Their contact department are a bunch of amateurs.
Nope,it's Amazon for me nowadays.They're slightly more pricey but their contact department is far more efficient.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 2:43:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Anyway, I'm just going to make a pre-emptive post here. It's going to be one of those days at work, I feel it in my waters, and the weekend is already doing my head in - and it's not even here yet.

As long as they don't break, you'll be ok.

I echo everybody's sentiments Reb, I hope the wee one recovers soon.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 2:47:42 PM)

Jeesus, Reb - I think they barely even report those over here now so it's always a shock to hear this kind of thing.

And ditto Sharky - call the ambulance. I'm sure he'll be fine, but peace of mind comes first.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 2:56:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

But it can happen so easily...

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzkxcivUY11r6aoq4o1_400.gif[/image]

Rebenectomy -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 2:58:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Shit Reb, that sucks - and i'll happily second your last paragraph.  Take it you're referring to the Broadway incident?  Hopefully it'll get sorted soon and the wee man will start to feel a lot better.  If not, and he does continue to get worse have you thought about calling for an ambulance?  It should be able to make it through the alert and at the very least it'll mean that he gets seen by paramedics.

Yeah its the Broadway shite. Little fella is sleeping at the moment, so I'll be reviewing the situation when he wakes up. I'm probably being over cautious, but I think that's partly to do with the fact that I feel a bit isolated here and know that if it came down to it, I can't really carry him if it were called for. If the casualty at the City Hospital was still open I'd feel much better, especially given that the next nearest hospital is probably Lisburn, but my parents are trying to sort out a different route to get here to help me out (not being from the area, my dad, whose getting on a bit himself, doesn't feel as confident winging it on the roads as he would back home.) I think I'm just bricking it, because if it is something serious I've the wee man and the foetus to think of. Both the emergency doctor and my ex have been pretty re-assuring though, and I know if it came down to it I could always try an ambulance.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 3:07:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

[:D]

People have GOT to stop using that gif of him around me.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 3:08:01 PM)

Your staples about to burst?

It doesn't even make sense in the context of the conversation, really, but I didn't think I'd get a better chance of using it. [:D]

MonsterCat -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 3:11:46 PM)

quote:

Am I going to get pregnant just from looking at this gif?

Rebenectomy -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 3:13:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

That's how it happened to me. Or at least, that's what I've told my parents.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 3:18:53 PM)

quote:

Your staples about to burst?

It doesn't even make sense in the context of the conversation, really, but I didn't think I'd get a better chance of using it. [:D]

[:D]

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 3:22:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

That's how it happened to me. Or at least, that's what I've told my parents.

Tom Hardy is your currently brewing bub's father?

We are no longer on speaking terms.

FritzlFan -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 6:53:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

She uses disposable toilet seats because she finds other humans disgusting. Yet it's perfectly fine to leave a used tampon lying across a Bop-It when I'm in the room. [8|]

Are you actually bothered that somebody leaves their own piss and used tampons lying around their room is bitching about you?

There is blatantly severe malfunctioning of their brain.

Well, not really, I'm just worried others will think less of me based on what she says. But she's not very good at hiding her unpleasant traits so i'm sure they'd see through it. [:D]

OK, I'm just going to say it - I am very likely to take the word of somebody over the word of a girl who leaves glasses full of piss in her room and a used tampon over a Bop-it. I don't think that's an unreasonable stance to take.

Actually, nobody else knows about this, which gives me great potential to defend myself by threatening to tell people if she goes flat-out bitchy. [:D]

And MonsterCat - (edited) maybe so. [:)]

I feel like a bit of a knob for telling people this stuff, but it proves my point that I'm in an unfortunate position. [:D]

Pfft, I wouldn't worry about it (I mean, you are a bit of a knob but not for this). We've all bitched and shared stuff about our private lives on here.

I do feel bad for the constant mockery you received about the Audio HOF, though. There you were, trying to tally up the votes, only to be distracted by your flatmate making a facemask of Ryan Adams from her own shit.

:(

To be honest I'm probably going to try to transfer after next year as I don't like it here but next year will be pretty uncomfortable. Exciting times.

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (28/3/2013 10:54:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

I had ten days off work and yesterday was my first day back. It only took a few hours for my blood pressure to shoot upwards.

* A co worker made a complaint about my manager not helping the team when I was away. They were struggling and he was doing disappearing acts.

* My manager ask how my three day trip abroad went, when he did his best to prevent me going. Making up excuses and lies to have me in while he does fuck all.

* Last year I had ended a friendship because I believed she was having an emotional affair with me. She was already in a relationship and felt her behaviour towards me went beyond normal friendship. I was giving her the cold shoulder and only reponded to her about five times in those four months. A few hello back or yeah. Despite going cold turkey on her and pretty much got over the main hurdle, she again attempted to revive our friendship. Going out her way to get herself on my good side.[sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]
i wish she dump her forty year old boyfriend and go out with someone her own age. [&o]

* Whoever took over my section screwed up and part of the blame need to be thrown at my manager.

* A co worker is still being very nice to me and hoping I'm gay.

* Pissed off a woman.

* Could of got fired.

You've got a whole season for a new Sky 1 drama there. Get writing.

I use to tell people I got enough material from my shitty job to make a good sitcom. Now it got to the point I so use it I just don't give a shit. It's the norm for me.

There may of been a developement over this whole emotional affair business. We are both rebuilding bridges and are friends again. However there are growing signs she had split with her boyfriend during my time avioding her. It might explain why she made an effort to be friends again. Today is the first time we had a converstion in like four months.

The whole emotional affair thing in a way is ironic. Her boyfriend wasn't happy with our friendship and may felt threatened by me? However it was our friendship being responsible for his sustained relationship.[sm=evilgrin27.gif] The main thing we are friends again and hopefully this emotional bullshit won't pop up again.

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/3/2013 12:53:16 AM)

What's pissing me off right now is the story about that ugly bitch who got an expensive breast-enlargement paid for by the NHS (at a time when the NHS is falling apart) and is now flashing those ridiculous tits in the red-top papers with a sneering look in her eyes but NOT paying any of that money back into the system that paid for them...

Some people are ugly both inside and out.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/3/2013 11:34:42 AM)

Further to the ongoing Zavvi catastrofuck I'm dealing with - the replacement that I didn't want, arrived today.

This time it was shrink wrapped, which is an improvement on last time. However it had the exact same problem within the dvd cases as the last one - the clips to hold the dvds in place are broken, in almost all of the cases.

Which now makes me wonder if this is a problem of Universal for using cheap dvd cases.

Zavvi was the cheapest price for my boxset, so I don't know whether to return it and pay more to get it from somewhere else....Or just accept it.

If I return it and buy from elsewhere and it's a manufacturing fault and I get a more expensive damaged boxset I'll be hacked off. Because then I'd have to return it and buy it again from Zavvi....

Oh dilemmas! First world problems!

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/3/2013 3:29:51 PM)

More bemused but I can't find a bemused thread.

there is a place in Norwich which attracts idiots (in fact there is more than one place but this is the specific place from today). it is the entrance to the Castle Mall Car Park. There are many signs stating "do not queue back from the entrance" and many other signs which show how many spaces are available at that time. Idiots have a tendency to queue back from the entrance when there are obviously too few spaces for all of them to park, which causes gridlock in the area as they queue over the yellow box junction and back along the connecting roads. Today it took me twenty minutes to move fifty metres before I could get past the queue of people blocking the road (the sign I passed stated 4 spaces available and there must have been about a hundred queuing. Sadly due to the Norwich 1 way system once you have gone a certain way you are committed to passing the place.

Whilst bemused by the stupidity of these people it was compounded by a bloke on a scooter behind me. I had pulled to the right side of the road as I wanted the right lane a small distance ahead when a modded up bloke on a scooter started peeping at me (and the horn was so puny it was a peep). I could not pull to the left as there was not enough room to 1) get past the car in front and b) pull back to the left of the road. This was not enough for him and after a few minutes he decided to go around me to the left. All well and good and if there was room for such a maneuver then I would have wished him well, however, but the car behind to the left was close and the car to the front to the left also and I could clearly see the brake handle on his scooter was a few millimetres from my paintwork as he squeezed by and as such I beeped him. He responded by a rather crude gesture and a smirk and drove off. A minute or so later there was enough room for me to pass the queue. Who did I see stuck at the next set of traffic lights but modidiot. I think he thought I was going to get out and attack him or something as he looked terrified as I was pulling up next to him (and I am not an intimidating individual). I made a gesture implying he loves himself on a regular basis and drove off as the light turned green leaving him behind with a smile and a wave.

People are idiots.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/3/2013 4:09:17 PM)

quote:

Further to the ongoing Zavvi catastrofuck I'm dealing with - the replacement that I didn't want, arrived today.

This time it was shrink wrapped, which is an improvement on last time. However it had the exact same problem within the dvd cases as the last one - the clips to hold the dvds in place are broken, in almost all of the cases.

Which now makes me wonder if this is a problem of Universal for using cheap dvd cases.

Zavvi was the cheapest price for my boxset, so I don't know whether to return it and pay more to get it from somewhere else....Or just accept it.

If I return it and buy from elsewhere and it's a manufacturing fault and I get a more expensive damaged boxset I'll be hacked off. Because then I'd have to return it and buy it again from Zavvi....

Oh dilemmas! First world problems!

I'd suggest posting a query in the DVD DIscussion asking if anyone else has the boxset and if the case is broken - it may just be that Zavvi keeps sending out broken returned stuff.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/3/2013 5:28:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I'd suggest posting a query in the DVD DIscussion asking if anyone else has the boxset and if the case is broken - it may just be that Zavvi keeps sending out broken returned stuff.

Smart thinking elab! You know where I'll be, everybody.

Ghidorah -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/3/2013 9:48:23 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

I had ten days off work and yesterday was my first day back. It only took a few hours for my blood pressure to shoot upwards.

* A co worker made a complaint about my manager not helping the team when I was away. They were struggling and he was doing disappearing acts.

* My manager ask how my three day trip abroad went, when he did his best to prevent me going. Making up excuses and lies to have me in while he does fuck all.

* Last year I had ended a friendship because I believed she was having an emotional affair with me. She was already in a relationship and felt her behaviour towards me went beyond normal friendship. I was giving her the cold shoulder and only reponded to her about five times in those four months. A few hello back or yeah. Despite going cold turkey on her and pretty much got over the main hurdle, she again attempted to revive our friendship. Going out her way to get herself on my good side.[sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]
i wish she dump her forty year old boyfriend and go out with someone her own age. [&o]

* Whoever took over my section screwed up and part of the blame need to be thrown at my manager.

* A co worker is still being very nice to me and hoping I'm gay.

* Pissed off a woman.

* Could of got fired.

You've got a whole season for a new Sky 1 drama there. Get writing.

I use to tell people I got enough material from my shitty job to make a good sitcom. Now it got to the point I so use it I just don't give a shit. It's the norm for me.

There may of been a developement over this whole emotional affair business. We are both rebuilding bridges and are friends again. However there are growing signs she had split with her boyfriend during my time avioding her. It might explain why she made an effort to be friends again. Today is the first time we had a converstion in like four months.

The whole emotional affair thing in a way is ironic. Her boyfriend wasn't happy with our friendship and may felt threatened by me? However it was our friendship being responsible for his sustained relationship.[sm=evilgrin27.gif] The main thing we are friends again and hopefully this emotional bullshit won't pop up again.

She's still in the relationship with the older man. So it back to avioding her again.[sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: I am pissed off because... (2/4/2013 6:51:41 AM)

At an Easter craft and food fair yesterday. Loads of cakes, pastries and chocolates that looked gorgeous but not one was covered and they were all open to the elements. So we had two wasps (bit bloody cold for them I would have thought) crawling over some fudge, a kid going round sticking his finger into the frosting of about a dozen cupcakes and tasting it after each one, and a woman who sounded like she was trying to cough up a lung, who admittedly covered her mouth each time she hacked away but then went and used that hand to test the freshness of 4 different loaves of bread. So no food for me.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (2/4/2013 7:24:52 PM)

Nothing worse than being denied food! You don't want to see me when I've been denied food....

I'm pissed off because I went to the doc's earlier today to get a new sick line and to speak about the fact my back is giving me problems when I walk too long/far, and the doc didn't seem to listen to me.

I've hit a wall with my recovery and struggle to manage normal days just now. The other day I met a pal for lunch and despite moving short distances between where we had lunch and then some shops, I was exhausted. I had to go in past my work just to sit down. And sitting down wasn't cutting it - I needed to lie down. I had to call my dad to get him to pick me up from the train station at home - which is less than 4 minutes from my house.

I explained all this, and yet this doctor decided that I would be best getting back to work in two weeks time.

[sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

I am desperate to get back to work, I really am. But not before I can physically manage it, and I can't just now. I mean as soon as I felt ready after my first surgery I was back into work speaking about returning - and then unfortunately I never got the chance to. So I'm not trying to put it off at all, but I will NOT manage to be on my feet for even two hours in work just now.

I've also now had to cancel my trip to Glasgow to see Black Watch next week. I booked everything a week or so ago, thinking I would be strong enough by now, but I'm not. So there goes my hotel money etc gone.

SIGH. MOAN. RAGE.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (2/4/2013 8:41:21 PM)

I really did not think I was able to get home from work today. I nearly had to stop in a layby and lay down in the back seat as the pain in my lower back and left leg was so bad. I can empathise Sway, there are many things i want to do which I though I was finally getting to a point of starting to achieve only for a cold to put me in a position where in the last week I have had a good four hours a day when I can barely even walk.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (3/4/2013 2:18:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I really did not think I was able to get home from work today. I nearly had to stop in a layby and lay down in the back seat as the pain in my lower back and left leg was so bad. I can empathise Sway, there are many things i want to do which I though I was finally getting to a point of starting to achieve only for a cold to put me in a position where in the last week I have had a good four hours a day when I can barely even walk.

Jings, that sounds a lot worse than me. Is this because of your op, or the same problem before you had the op?

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (3/4/2013 4:18:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

However, the guy she married is a complete cunt and control freak - but he's the type that keeps it behind closed doors, so anyone who meets him for the first time thinks he's a sound guy. He's not, and I'm going to stress this again, he's a cunt. And for whatever reason he took against my ex-wife, and pretty much made it impossible for her and my cousin to hang out together and still be friends. He'd check her email, phone, twitter account just to see what kind of messages were going between them. He even, unbeknownst to her for quite a while, installed an app on her phone that gives the location of where you are when you send someone a message - so if they were on a night out together and she would text him to say "I'm in xxxx bar right now" (because he was the type who would need constant updates through the night as to her whereabouts), then this app would tell him in the message the postcode she was texting from, so he knew if she was telling the truth or not.

Anyway, a pair of twats. Next time they beep me, they're getting the middle finger.

What the actual fuck!? I'm assuming she eventually found out? How can she still be with somebody like that?

I completely understand why you were annoyed that you waved at them, I would be too if I wasn't waving anything less than my two middle fingers at them.

We've already talked about this before, but it's certainly during difficult times you find out the true nature of people. I certainly found that out over the past 6 months myself - people who I've not spoken to in years sent me flowers and were genuinely concerned, people who are meant to be my closest friends struggled to even text at times.

God help that poor wee sprog.

Yep, can only agree - and here's the thing, I have no idea what they're having, but if it's a boy, he'll have the same first name as his dad. And my cousin doesn't get a say in that. Apparently it's a family tradition that the first-born boy that the first-born boy in his particular generation has all get the same name.

Re-reading that, I'm not sure how much sense that makes

Well despite your failings, I actually managed to understand completely without the further explanation! [:D] Only because it's not that unusual to hear about such traditions. However, I certainly do not agree with the fact she has no say in the matter of something that will come out of her body.

quote:

And the phone tracking thing - yep, she found out and not through a good way. Basically, a few years she and my ex were having a night out. They bumped into a lad who had went to university with my cousin and he invited them back to his house for a party. There was him, a few mates and their girlfriends/wives/partners, so a mixture of people and not something particularly dodgy once you explain it. Anyway, my ex texted me to tell me what she was doing and I was fine with it. My cousin, however, didn't. She told her husband that they were staying out at another bar because he's the insanely jealous kind and she knew he'd kick off if she told him where she was really going, regardless of how innocent it is.

But she sent him this message from the lad's house, not the bar that they'd met him in. So, Rob gets the message, clocks the postcode, googles it and realises she's lying. He then drives out to this postcode (and by now this is about 4:00 in the morning), but the problem is it's not entirely accurate in giving the actual address as well as the postcode. The address it gives is a house a few doors down - which has lights out, curtains drawn and therefore looks very, very dodgy.

He rings her, leaves a furious message and she realises she's been found out so goes home to a huge argument where they end up not speaking for about a week. And this is the guy she decides to stay and have a baby with.

He's an absolute cunt, and I know it kind of makes her sound like a victim (which she is to some extent), but you'll have to trust me in that I know her and a lot of her behaviour is purely her own fault.

[sm=confused42.gif] 'Furious' does not begin to cover how I would feel if somebody ever did that to me. Wow....

How on earth can anybody think that's acceptable behaviour? Christ imagine if they have a daughter? That poor lass is going to have NO social life as she grows up.

I knew I'd ranted about this recently, so thought I'd update - they did indeed have a boy and it does indeed have his name.

Still, his middle name is my cousin's dead father's name so that was pretty good of him to allow her to have that.

[image]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbt6n1Eo5Q1rfj4e4o1_250.gif[/image]

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (3/4/2013 6:50:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

Jings, that sounds a lot worse than me. Is this because of your op, or the same problem before you had the op?

It feels very similar to before the operation but focused more on the nerve than the back itself. It is not fun. All because I sneezed about six times. [8|]

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/4/2013 10:05:42 AM)

quote:

I knew I'd ranted about this recently, so thought I'd update - they did indeed have a boy and it does indeed have his name.

Still, his middle name is my cousin's dead father's name so that was pretty good of him to allow her to have that.

[image]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbt6n1Eo5Q1rfj4e4o1_250.gif[/image]

I'm actually relieved they didn't have a girl.

quote:

It feels very similar to before the operation but focused more on the nerve than the back itself. It is not fun. All because I sneezed about six times. [8|]

Ah jeez, sorry to hear that, that must be so frustrating to have had an op and then still be in pain. Oh God, the sneezing... Don't get me started. That still kills me. Mine usually sound something like, "ACHOOOooooWWWUGHHHH" as I clutch my stomach!

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/4/2013 10:11:25 AM)

I shudder to think about the type of household he'd run if he had a daughter and a wife.

Anyway, STILL no news about my work situation. Gotta say, the longer it's dragged out for, the more I think I'm going to be screwed over. It's so frustrating - I just want to punch a wall over and over again. GAH.

Page: <<   < prev  317 318 [319] 320 321   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI