RE: I am pissed off because... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

superdan -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/3/2013 9:57:15 AM)

I'm starting to realise why estate agents have such a reputation. All I want is to start my new job, but I'm moving to a new city and need a place first and I won't be able to move for another 3 weeks. Plus I get to pay £140 in fees for the privilege [:@]

indysgill -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/3/2013 11:56:05 AM)

Bank account is negative due to sodding npower, dont get paid til Friday and now the radiator in my room has decided to leak. [:@]

paul_ie86 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/3/2013 3:26:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I've just received a work related email with four smiley faces in it.

:-)

quote:

From a grown man.

:-O

quote:

Four smiley faces. Two in the subject line alone.

:-/

quote:

Fucking idiot.

:-(

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/3/2013 4:48:58 PM)

Crisps and chocolate from the vending machine for lunch, as the canteen was completely bare. Glorious...

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (4/3/2013 6:38:03 PM)

I was feeling a little rough first thing (it's Monday, it is expected), by lunchtime I felt bloody awful and still do.

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (5/3/2013 12:19:31 AM)

So I work for the civil service and myself and many of the people I work with are getting laid off soon...

But this one weasely, arse-licking twat had the nerve to send round an email to us future-unemployed people, asking for contributions to his bosses leaving present. The same boss who mis-managed us all into the ground and is now moving from a hugely well-paid position into... well, another hugely well-paid position.

'Please give generously...' were his exact words.

The red mist is rising. (BTW, the arse-licking twat is NOT getting laid off...)

[sm=icon_smile_pistols.gif]

MonsterCat -> RE: I am pissed off because... (5/3/2013 12:49:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

So I work for the civil service and myself and many of the people I work with are getting laid off soon...

But this one weasely, arse-licking twat had the nerve to send round an email to us future-unemployed people, asking for contributions to his bosses leaving present. The same boss who mis-managed us all into the ground and is now moving from a hugely well-paid position into... well, another hugely well-paid position.

Pair of cunts.

I hope they get hit by a bus.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (6/3/2013 7:33:11 AM)

I still feel awful. I think it may relate to the infection I have in my wisdom tooth. At least I managed to blag an emergency dentist appointment for today.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (6/3/2013 9:04:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I still feel awful. I think it may relate to the infection I have in my wisdom tooth. At least I managed to blag an emergency dentist appointment for today.

Hope it goes well. Infections in teeth make you feel so damn shitty [&:]

I'm genuinely shocked by your post Mister Coe. The idea that no-one in your org at least laid down the law about showing some consideration is horrible.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: I am pissed off because... (6/3/2013 9:14:07 AM)

quote:

I hope no one has given generously, in fact wouldn't it be good to having nothing at all in the collection! Fucking cheek of it!!

Hope you get your wisdom tooth sorted today Sanch! Nasty [sm=sad.gif]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: I am pissed off because... (6/3/2013 9:20:20 AM)

The selfish bitch that I share an office with decided to come in yesterday despite clearly suffering from a bug and being unfit for work. Guess who's got it today?

Hobbitonlass -> RE: I am pissed off because... (6/3/2013 12:53:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

The selfish bitch that I share an office with decided to come in yesterday despite clearly suffering from a bug and being unfit for work. Guess who's got it today?

That happened to me last week with one of the PA's here. She was off work for over a week and then came in last Weds when she clearly shouldn't have. Proceeded to cough and splutter all over the place. I woke up Fri morning all bunged up [:@] Think I have managed to avoid coming down with a full blown cold but spent the weekend trying to fend it off!! She didn't come in last Thursday and hasn't been in since so obviously still very sick!

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (6/3/2013 8:46:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Hope it goes well. Infections in teeth make you feel so damn shitty [&:]

I'm genuinely shocked by your post Mister Coe. The idea that no-one in your org at least laid down the law about showing some consideration is horrible.

Cheers, elab49. Someone did send in an official complaint... the response? Imagine the sound of whistling desert wind, possibly with a tumbleweed or two blowing by...

Fuck it. Still got work until June (I think) so I'll take it as it comes.

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (6/3/2013 8:54:52 PM)

quote:

Oh, don't get me started! That's how I got the Norovirus just before Christmas! 'Hey, look at me, I'm so heroic, coming into work when I'm all ill and shit! I am doing something positive for the workplace!'

NO! YOU ARE BEING A TWAT! YOU ARE INFECTING PEOPLE WITH YOUR SICKNESS TO PROVE A POINT ABOUT HOW GREAT YOU ARE!

[sm=fighting03.gif]

Chief -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 9:46:48 AM)

quote:

quote:

Oh, don't get me started! That's how I got the Norovirus just before Christmas! 'Hey, look at me, I'm so heroic, coming into work when I'm all ill and shit! I am doing something positive for the workplace!'

NO! YOU ARE BEING A TWAT! YOU ARE INFECTING PEOPLE WITH YOUR SICKNESS TO PROVE A POINT ABOUT HOW GREAT YOU ARE!

[sm=fighting03.gif]

I think I'm guilty of that. I think it's ingrained into you early that if you take a sick day you're a bit of a prick and it's leaving other people to pick up the slack, certainly in the size of companies I've worked with.

Also, no matter how ill a person is, they're diagnosed by the rest of the work force as "fucking at it".

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:21:20 PM)

The McDonalds advert currently playing at the cinema where the stepfather and son overcome initial resentment and bond over a fucking hamburger.

I'm probably taking this ad a bit too personally and seriously right now, but 'step' relationships are immensely complex things and for McDonalds to claim they're a big part of putting a family like that together fucks me off no end.

MonsterCat -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:32:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

The McDonalds advert currently playing at the cinema where the stepfather and son overcome initial resentment and bond over a fucking hamburger.

I'm probably taking this ad a bit too personally and seriously right now, but 'step' relationships are immensely complex things and for McDonalds to claim they're a big part of putting a family like that together fucks me off no end.

That ad makes me want to vomit blood.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:33:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

[sm=fighting03.gif]

I think I'm guilty of that. I think it's ingrained into you early that if you take a sick day you're a bit of a prick and it's leaving other people to pick up the slack, certainly in the size of companies I've worked with.

Also, no matter how ill a person is, they're diagnosed by the rest of the work force as "fucking at it".

It's a bad culture to propagate though. I spent most of my leave a couple of weeks ago ill because someone came into the office with a flu type bug. She should never have been there and was clearly too ill but felt she had to come in. I wasn't the only one to get sick.

Any workplace that can't properly manage staff who are at it and instead creates a culture where everyone who is genuinely sick feels guilty taking time off has a problem.

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:33:46 PM)

It's hardly a positive message either is it - the brat only comes around when he gets some free junk food.

Chief -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:35:34 PM)

You should make a counter-advert recreating when they find Josef Fritzl's lair full of McDonalds wrappers and Happy Meal boxes. Like the opposite end of the happy family spectrum.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:36:42 PM)

quote:

McDonalds seems to forget the actual father will resent McDonalds for enabling his son to bond so easily with some upstart stepfather.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:37:51 PM)

quote:

You should make a counter-advert recreating when they find Josef Fritzl's lair full of McDonalds wrappers and Happy Meal boxes. Like the opposite end of the happy family spectrum.

[:D]

You're on form today, Chief.

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:43:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

McDonalds seems to forget the actual father will resent McDonalds for enabling his son to bond so easily with some upstart stepfather.

I'm sure he'll have the last laugh when the stepfather dies of heart failure and junior turns into a fat cunt.

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:45:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

It's hardly a positive message either is it - the brat only comes around when he gets some free junk food.

After reading elab's post above yours, for a second I thought you were suggesting sick employees were only coming in to work to get junk food. Then it clicked [:D]

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 2:50:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

After reading elab's post above yours, for a second I thought you were suggesting sick employees were only coming in to work to get junk food. Then it clicked [:D]

Now that would be ridiculous. Coming to work to get away from their wives though...

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (7/3/2013 8:31:43 PM)

To quote my recent facebook status:

E-mail from work: You may be on the wrong tax code and be owed money by the Inland Revenue
Phone-Call to Inland Revenue: LOL Nope - you owe us £180

[image]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/tweetypie2005/35phti.jpg[/image]

I wouldn't mind, but this is coming off the back of my debt management company informing me that instead of the 48 months they originally quoted to clear my debts, its more like 75 (I foolishly believed that I had 5 payments left to go), my works bonus being announced as about a third less than expected and to top it all off a mate remembering that I'd mentioned my PSN+ had run out so he'd picked up £15 credit for me to top it up, which I now owe him, looks like its a pasta, super-noodles and Tesco Value year for the magnet family this year.

horribleives -> RE: I am pissed off because... (9/3/2013 5:06:50 PM)

Had to go to three shops today before eventually finding a card with 'mam' on it.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (9/3/2013 5:15:53 PM)

quote:

This is the same company that recently made an advert suggesting people go there for coffee. As in, a sit down coffee. And they'd share such life affecting announcements as, 'you're going to be an aunty!'

Who in their right mind would, upon fancying a coffee, choose to go into McDonalds and sit there for one?

My point is, try not to take it personally - ridicule them instead! [:D]

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (9/3/2013 5:36:46 PM)

Seriously, the advert leaves me seething.

So angry that I'd actually forgotten the one you're talking about - but that's just as bad. As if you'd ask somebody out in McDonalds. The only type of news I would break in there is if I was dumping someone so then they could comfort eat afterwards.

But yes, I might be taking it a bit too seriously. [:D]

moontheloon -> RE: I am pissed off because... (9/3/2013 7:44:31 PM)

Usually when I stop someone stealing or catch someone stealing at work, I feel a sense of pride, pride in the knowledge that I am doing my job properly and that I am in some ways effective. Today however, upon the realisation that someone was leaving without paying for a Blu Ray I felt anger, confusion and betrayal, as this time it was someone I knew.

It's not like it was a close friend of mine, but it was someone I was friendly with I guess, someone who was actually the manager of a local shop my friend used to work in (which is how I know him) and a very regular customer. So I knew him, I would chat to him if I bumped into him in the street, and he always seemed like a nice guy, if a little odd.

He tried to hide what he was doing from me when I confronted him when the alarms rang, then tried to blame medication he was on (the fact he tried to hide it makes me sure he was fully aware of what he was doing), he came back later in the day with chocolates to apologise for what he had done with more excuses to do with mental illness. I then had to go over to his shop and issue him with a banning notice for our store, because I simply don't trust him any more.

It's not so much the fact he stole (well it is), but the fact that when someone steals I take it quite personally anyway, so when someone I know steals it feels like a personal insult, like they just don't care or respect me or my role in any way, abusing the trust that was implicit in our knowing each other. It also makes me feel like people at work will think twice about me now, knowing that I knew this person for a good year or so. Though I did tell someone I work with my concern here as she is a good friend and normally tells it like it is and she told me not to be silly and that nobody would think anything of it). Either way I feel hurt by this, and immediately more paranoid about everyone in the shop, because if you can't trust people who are supposed to be your neighbours in retail, then how the hell do you know who to trust.

I really hope he understood fully that he can never come in the shop again (I put it in these terms) because as awkward as everything was today, having to confront him again and potentially call the police, would simply piss me off and upset me more, because I hate having to deal with stuff like that when it's strangers, let alone people I know.

On the plus side I am in for only a couple more shifts before a week off, which couldn't come at a better time!

Page: <<   < prev  313 314 [315] 316 317   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI