RE: I am pissed off because... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/1/2013 3:54:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

On another forum I frequent there's people on my block-list where it's been so long that I've actually forgotten why I blocked them, and their current posts don't seem too bad when I unlock them. I keep 'em blocked though, just to be on the safe side. [:D]

What is this phrase, 'another forum'?

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/1/2013 3:56:21 PM)

Darth, you forum slut.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/1/2013 4:23:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

See, how long did it take you to find that link, elab? I mean, as if it wasn't patently clear that it was a fake in the first place (if you're gonna make up anti-somebody stories, you should probably spell their name right [8|]). But to actually post it as fact? It's just beyond naive.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I'd cut the guy loose, Matty. Anyone posting pro-gun links after that kind of shooting is an attention-seeking cunt.

Aw, rawlinson - always the measured response. [:D]

Seriously, though, you do have a point about whether I need someone like that cluttering up my life. Especially considering this year I'm trying to be as annoyance-free as possible.

As long as it took to copy/paste 5 words from the letter to Google and hit the Snopes link that came up [:)]

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (29/1/2013 4:26:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/david-siegel-westgate-letter-layoffs-firings-obama-win-victory-raises_n_2092582.html

Doesn't that contravene voting fraud laws of some sort? It should do.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 12:45:45 PM)

Dealing with an idiot at work is never easy. That's they are brittle, unpleasant, over-promoted and eager to put the boot into others to try and cover up their ignorance makes them a bloody nightmare.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 2:14:47 PM)

I got to within one day of payday and I've finally fallen back into my overdraft.

Not by much, and it's been an expensive last three months or so, so I know roughly where the money's gone, but it's still annoying to have gone back into it after about two years of being clear of it.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 2:17:39 PM)

That just is still pretty good for January. A lot of people I know are having more problems this month, especially those paid early in December 

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 2:19:30 PM)

Luckily I was paid as normal for December.

I don't know, I just have random bouts of paranoia that everybody else I know has saved loads and loads of money for the future and I'm the only one who occasionally has to spend more than they earn in a particular month or two.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 2:55:02 PM)

quote:

Darth, you forum slut.

[:D]

People over there used to get outraged when I mentioned "my other forum", i.e. this place. I was all "But... I started off with Empire!". People are like, too possessive about forums, maaaan...

[image]http://whudat.de/images/the_dude_dir_cut_03.jpg[/image]

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 4:04:55 PM)

quote:

Luckily I was paid as normal for December.

I don't know, I just have random bouts of paranoia that everybody else I know has saved loads and loads of money for the future and I'm the only one who occasionally has to spend more than they earn in a particular month or two.

I'm pretty useless with money myself. My flatmate currently owns the flat we share and I know for a fact he has savings of thousands. Knowing that always makes me feel panicky, especially since at the moment my parents are covering my rent for me while I'm out of action. Something which makes me feel even worse.

Anyway, you're not alone bud!

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 7:56:27 PM)

When I'm dying penniless in some hovel, I'll look back at this thread for some solace in that case. [:D]

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 7:57:47 PM)

quote:

When I'm dying penniless in some hovel, I'll look back at this thread for some solace in that case. [:D]

Aw don't be daft.

You won't have the means to look at this thread by that point.

Rhubarb -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 8:01:07 PM)

I know that other people I know are saving money and have a well planned out future and I don't. I just don't think about it. So that's my advice Mr B - stick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la I can't hear you"

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/1/2013 8:24:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

Aw don't be daft.

You won't have the means to look at this thread by that point.

[image]http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/george-michael-snoopy-walk.gif[/image]

Scruffybobby -> RE: I am pissed off because... (31/1/2013 7:59:32 PM)

Some random "roofer" is trying to get my mum to let him "repair" "damage" to the roof he "noticed" whilst he was "cleaning" the gutters. He left a card and is expecting my call. What I will do is call a guy a friend recommended to discuss having a look just in case there is a problem. The some fucking PPI claims company called I told him no and hung up, he called back, I said no again and hung up and the fucker called back a third fucking time. Aboslute twats. Why the fuck would I want to give them 30% of any payout for doing something I could do myself in 5 fucking minutes? Wankers!!!!

Rant over.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (31/1/2013 8:20:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Some random "roofer" is trying to get my mum to let him "repair" "damage" to the roof he "noticed" whilst he was "cleaning" the gutters. He left a card and is expecting my call. What I will do is call a guy a friend recommended to discuss having a look just in case there is a problem. The some fucking PPI claims company called I told him no and hung up, he called back, I said no again and hung up and the fucker called back a third fucking time. Aboslute twats. Why the fuck would I want to give them 30% of any payout for doing something I could do myself in 5 fucking minutes? Wankers!!!!

Rant over.

We keep getting calls from a PPI claims company too - except we've stopped answering the phone whenever they call. And yet they continue to call anyway.

I'm temporarily staying with my folks at home just now, and our number has always been ex-directory due to an incident that happened years ago. Anyway, since I've been staying here, I've been amazed at how many fucking phonecalls from call centres and other shitty companies this house gets on a daily basis. It does my bloody nut in. Especially since for the past few nights we've been eating our tea when one of them has called.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (31/1/2013 8:42:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

Rant over.

We keep getting calls from a PPI claims company too - except we've stopped answering the phone whenever they call. And yet they continue to call anyway.

I'm temporarily staying with my folks at home just now, and our number has always been ex-directory due to an incident that happened years ago. Anyway, since I've been staying here, I've been amazed at how many fucking phonecalls from call centres and other shitty companies this house gets on a daily basis. It does my bloody nut in. Especially since for the past few nights we've been eating our tea when one of them has called.

I can imagine your rage.

Scruffybobby -> RE: I am pissed off because... (31/1/2013 9:37:55 PM)

The really annoying thing is that as I work for a big bank in the department that deals with PPI claims I know that there is absolutely no advantage whatsoever in using one of those firms. They're just cowboys all of them. Always go direct to the Bank is my advice

Chief -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 9:08:51 AM)

quote:

quote:

Rant over.

Sign your folks up to the Telephone Preference Service

That should stop the majority of calls and, anyone that does call you, shouldn't and you can tell them that.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 9:23:01 AM)

It doesn't help much tbh - too many phone equivalent of fly tippers. There's a really dodgy call centre used by something that calls itself names like C&W Marketing which is basically shilling for a windows showroom or the like in the West of Scotland (pretend it's a discussion, pretend it's a discount). No idea why they haven't been properly done for it. And they don't give a shit about the TPS who are, frankly, useless if anyone ignores them. 

Chief -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 9:36:36 AM)

Fair enough. Just tell them to fuck off then.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 9:44:13 AM)

I signed up for the TPS service and it made a massive difference. A few still got through but to be honest I don't answer my landline at all now (in fact the phone is hidden behind the TV). If it does ring I don't answer as I assume it is a cold caller. Most people now ring on mobiles (apart from my Mum who texts me telling me to ring her even though she gets free phone calls [sm=rolleyes10.gif] [:D])

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 12:31:49 PM)

quote:

quote:

I can imagine your rage.

[:D] I can't actually tell if you're being sarcastic or not!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Fair enough. Just tell them to fuck off then.

I think we've tried to, but they don't take no for an answer. I might give that TPS thing a try, see if we might have a better experience than you've had, elab.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 12:34:53 PM)

Also, TPS can't do anything about foreign registered auto-diallers, although the numbers of those seem to have fallen.

It's worthwhile joining and I'm sure it could be worse - it just makes no difference to the ones trying it on.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 1:33:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Also, TPS can't do anything about foreign registered auto-diallers, although the numbers of those seem to have fallen.

It's worthwhile joining and I'm sure it could be worse - it just makes no difference to the ones trying it on.

Turns out our number is already registered! [:D] So you're right, it does hee-fucking-haw!

ChickMagnet -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 1:57:18 PM)

So I just get the fitness up to go back to the Gym to help with the Charity Weight Loss thing that I'm doing, start going this week and whats happened? I've injured my foot and the only way it can heal is to rest - fan-fucking-tastic!

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 2:32:00 PM)

There. Is. Never. Anyone. Available. On. The. Work. Helpline [sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 2:47:31 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can imagine your rage.

Deadly serious.

You, being interupted mid-feed?

[image]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnwy7qe75h1qjyhqz.gif[/image]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 6:12:32 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can imagine your rage.

Deadly serious.

You, being interupted mid-feed?

[image]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnwy7qe75h1qjyhqz.gif[/image]

How'd you get Sway's home video footage?

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (1/2/2013 6:45:43 PM)

vad3r.

Page: <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI