RE: I am pissed off because... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Rebenectomy -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 11:56:06 AM)

I'd take this as a starting off point PA http://www.epicure.demon.co.uk/inalienable.html

homersimpson_esq -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 12:08:06 PM)

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3550823&mpage=1&key=&NID=0#3550823

Pigeon Army -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 12:35:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3550823&mpage=1&key=&NID=0#3550823

I'll just print off this page, instant A+.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 12:40:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Urgh. Expecting deliveries by RM today, but the past two times they've delivered something too big for the letter box, they've simply filled in the card and pissed off. They've either knocked so lightly I haven't heard the door, or they simply haven't bothered at all. So, here I am, hallway door open (letting all the feckin' heat out) and no TV/Radio/Music on, all so I can catch the postie.

On the plus side, they did re-deliver on Sunday, which was a pleasant surprise.

Snap! Although my postie is quite good, it's just the replacement holiday chap still hasn't realised the door chime doesn't work.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 2:53:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

Because I work in retail and it is Christmas.

A customer is almost certainly going to complain about me tomorrow for asking him very politely not to be rude after he made a wise assed remark about how the company I work for is having financial trouble at the moment. Whilst I know I shouldn't have said it, I also find it very distasteful to make light of the fact that someone could be made redundant, indeed to pretty much rub it in the face of that person with glee and sarcasm.

I am pissed off not so much because he was rude to me, because I get that every day, but more that I responded, because I usually save my responses for my own mutterings on the way home or in the staff room. I guess with the constant media reports that we're fucked and the stuff going on internally that makes me think that the bosses are panicked I was more touchy than usual.

I've had enough of Christmas though. People this time of the year seem to get a little crazy and seem to think that they have the right to treat the staff like twats, to treat the shops like they have every right to be there, even when they're closing, to complain about every little thing.

Moon, I empathise with you more than you can ever know.

I worked at the book shop Borders for over a year before it went into administration. At Christmas time. Our official redundancy date was 24th December.

So not only was it bad enough we were all losing our jobs (it included couples who's entire income for their family was from working there) but we had these massive closing down sales at what is already the busiest time of the year for retail. It was one of the most awful working experiences I've ever had. So utterly miserable.

People have this strange mentality when it comes to sale items - it's as if an otherwise decent and pristine item is automatically less precious because money has been taken off it, so the way they manhandled the remaining stock was hideous. Their attitudes were even worse. One woman argued with me because the discounts don't show up on the til display screen until I'd rang through every item and hit 'total'. She argued that the money wasn't coming off, I had to explain it was. And then she complained that it still wasn't the right amount. Bearing in mind she was getting around 70-90% discount off items that she probably wouldn't even have bought otherwise. So after about 3 times of ringing it up for her, and having to explain various things I was obviously quite frustrated because she was being an arse about it all. And then she had the cheek to tell me that I had an attitude problem. I actually still get riled up thinking about this.

I had another incident with an old lady. She wanted a book on pirates. Not a kid's book, but an adult's one. We'd actually kept one or two in the world history section, however at this point in the administration process we'd already had to close 2 of our floors to the public and the books were condensed into lower floors. I say 'condensed' but I use that term loosely since our books were obviously disappearing at a rate of knots because of the discounts. They were arranged roughly by general section by the end. I.e instead of having specific categories such as world history, european history, WWI, WWII, miltary history and so on, what was left was all just jumbled together under the term 'history'. Effectively making our search system completely redundant. So this old lady asks for a book on pirates. And we explain it's possible there could be some left within the history section but it was now a case of just having a look on the shelves to see for yourself. She then asked why we weren't looking it up for her on the computer. We explained again that due to being in administration everything was all jumbled up (no matter how hard we tried to tidy the sections up) and all we could do would be to help her look at the shelves. She was being a total dick about it all, no matter how polite we were and then said, 'See it's exactly for this reason you're closing down'. What a cunt. There were three of us there at the time and all three of us started to say something back in indignation, but a couple of other customers turned round, and being completely oblivious to how this cunt had acted towards us, it would have just looked like 3 young staff having a go at a dear old lady, so we all stopped within a second of opening our mouths. As you can tell, this still sticks in my head, despite that being 4 years since this happened now.

So I feel your pain Moon, I really do. I sincerely hope you have a nice Christmas despite the awful working conditions just now, and I also hope you find something else pretty soon.

benmharper -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 3:50:48 PM)

Had to cancel the adoption ceremony. Stupid bug and illness. [:@]

moontheloon -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 10:07:43 PM)

quote:

So I feel your pain Moon, I really do. I sincerely hope you have a nice Christmas despite the awful working conditions just now, and I also hope you find something else pretty soon.

Cheers Sway, and everyone else who commented. The plus side is this morning when I got in, my boss asked me what had happened as I had left her a brief note, she simply replied "he sounds like a dick, he won't complain, but if he does I'll tell him to fuck off". Which was nice.

I don't think I am getting the worst of it though as I no longer work on the tills. I remember having long discussions with customers about why they couldn't bring back an item they'd opened, used and bought 3 months ago. Now I just get a trail of old ladies following me around the store whilst I try and remember what order they asked me their queries.

Anyway, things were a little calmer today which was good.

moontheloon -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/12/2012 9:02:35 PM)

Okay, So I thought I had had my twat for the Christmas period, but it turns out I had not. Again, close of day, we had closed, our lights had automatically dimmed and I had been turning people away at the door for the last 2/3 minutes. We still had a queue of about 15-20 people that the three staff we had left were desperately trying to serve as quick as possible so we could all go home, as to be frank, we had stopped being paid by this point.

Then along comes a gentleman (though he was anything but) who knocked on the door who asked if we were open, I opened the door and said unfortunately we are closed. He asked what time we closed, I said 7, he checked his phone and said it was 5 to seven, and began to walk into the store. I asked him not to as we were closed, he started a big argument about how I said we closed at 7 and it was 5 to (it was about 2 minutes to), He started asking people on the street who also wanted to come in what time it said on their phones and they all said it was 5 to. I reiterated that we were closed and he would have to leave. He stayed and argued for about 5 minutes. He even called the speaking clock and put it on speaker for me. In the end I said I didn't care what it said, we were closed and that was that. I even got to the stage where I radioed it on our local support radio because he was getting quite threatening.

What makes it worse is he even turned to the customer who I had been talking to next to me and started asking him what time it was. He said it was 7 and this guy demanded to see his phone, which when he was denied started squaring up to this customer (who had been really friendly and I had been having a good chat with while he waited for his wife) and started calling him a prick. Eventually he finally left after demanding for our head office number (I offered him the stores number which I know, not the head office one which I do not). As he left I said thank you very much and he barged back in, squared up to me and I thought he was going to headbutt me or punch me or something. He said "don't give me sass little boy" (and at 6'2" and let's say a large build, I haven't been called for a decade or so) and then backed down.

The guy was with his son who was about 10, I feel bad for him because he will grow up thinking this is acceptable behaviour. I'm sorry, but if you really want something that bad, don't come to a shop 5 minutes before they close, or what you think is 5 minutes before they close. I've never felt properly threatened by a customer until tonight.

I know this is a continuation of what I said before, but It's really getting to me now.

On the plus side I got some lovely words of support from the customers who had seen and heard the whole thing from the queue as they were leaving, I don't think anyone could quite believe this was happening.

MovieAddict247 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/12/2012 9:04:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

Had to cancel the adoption ceremony. Stupid bug and illness. [:@]

Aw, man - I hope you get better soon.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/12/2012 9:22:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

I know this is a continuation of what I said before, but It's really getting to me now.

On the plus side I got some lovely words of support from the customers who had seen and heard the whole thing from the queue as they were leaving, I don't think anyone could quite believe this was happening.

There's nothing better in that kind of situation - to have other customers confirm how much of a dick somebody else is being.

Again, I can draw parallels with my time at Borders. Very final shift and we'd essentially stopped selling books - we were having to process the small remainder of our stock through our system/tills for closing down purposes. Our manager decided to shut the shop 5 minutes before official closing time - which happened to be 9.55pm. That's right - we were a book shop that stayed open until 10pm every night. So some total arsewipe knocks on the door at 9.55 and points at his watch and points at our opening hours on the door. Our manager explains it's the very last time we'll be open and there's no stock left anyway. The guy actually had an argument with my manager about the fact we should still be opened until 10pm. Our manager, usually an exceptionally nice and polite guy, got really annoyed and had a go back at him letting him know we were basically all out of a job as of 10pm and to give us a break.

Couldn't believe it. 9.55 at night, and this guy is wanting to get in to buy a book..... from an empty store. What a wank.

So, again, I feel your pain Moon!

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/12/2012 9:43:35 PM)

Part of the problem is that far too many people feel the world owes them rather than giving something to the world. It is something you can see throughout various aspects of life where basic manners and courtesy is dying a death. It is a great shame.

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/12/2012 10:04:18 PM)

"How can I possibly take you to see the manager!"

http://youtu.be/CSj5stmFkQ0

[:D]

moontheloon -> RE: I am pissed off because... (20/12/2012 10:22:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

"How can I possibly take you to see the manager!"

http://youtu.be/CSj5stmFkQ0

I should probably have watched more of that Mitchell & Webb look

Chief -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/12/2012 10:35:02 AM)

Geez, you retail lot are a bunch of moaning bastards. [sm=whistle.gif]

Harley Quinn -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/12/2012 2:43:53 PM)

You guy's may have seen this. http://notalwaysright.com/

kumar -> RE: I am pissed off because... (21/12/2012 4:06:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

You guy's may have seen this. http://notalwaysright.com/

My blood pressure just went through the roof.

steffols -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/12/2012 10:49:25 AM)

It took my fiances best friend less than 30 minutes in the pub last night to mention money. To mention that his wife got a 5000 christmas bonus and a 900 pay rise. I wasn't able to contain how pissed off I was. I'm sitting there with less than 100 in the bank and we're working for every scrap of money we can, and sits there knowing all of this but continues to go on and on about how they're going on safari next year.

I've never been one to speak about money around the table at the pub. It seems so obnoxious to. Especially when he knows there are people not doing quite as well as him and his wife.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/12/2012 11:18:26 AM)

I assume he bought all the drinks...

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (22/12/2012 11:33:52 AM)

It's funny how certain situations can really open your eyes as to who your genuine friends are.

It dawned on me yesterday that some of the people who have been in touch with me consistently since I've been ill are people I never would have thought of as close friends before, and those I've known for years and have shared so much of my life with (holidays etc) have barely been intouch, nevermind come to visit me.

The weather has been pretty grim over the past week, so I've been stuck indoors all week with the exception of a short trip out with my dad, and the only visitors I've had since I got out of the hospital have all been my mum's friends/neighbours.

I know it's a busy time of the year, people are working, and they all have their own lives too, but the total lack of contact from some of my 'close' friends has been surprising and I have to admit a wee bit hurtful.

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (23/12/2012 10:43:36 PM)

My grandad died today.

He'd been ill for a long time but... fuck.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (23/12/2012 10:57:46 PM)

Sorry to read that Mister. Condolences to you and your family.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: I am pissed off because... (23/12/2012 11:31:20 PM)

Sorry for your loss Coe. To echo sanch, condolences to your family and you.

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (24/12/2012 12:34:59 AM)

That's awful Coe [:(] I know it's no consolation but he's at peace now.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (24/12/2012 2:41:56 PM)

Sorry to hear that, Coe.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: I am pissed off because... (24/12/2012 2:53:37 PM)

Yeah condolences to you and your family Coe.

On a much more trivial note I'm fucking fuming at the moment because I'm still at work. I've always been sent home early on Xmas eve, even here where I work now last year, but it looks like I'll be in till 5pm today. My boss just dropped a load of work (that doesn't need to be completed till March) on my desk and fucked off out to our other office for a couple of hours. He won't be back till after 4:30pm and there's nobody else here to send us home. What bothers me most is that he pretty much came out and said last week that anybody working Xmas eve wouldn't be expected to work the full day.

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (24/12/2012 3:42:06 PM)

My mum has a cold. The self pity and moaning is unbearable...

Mister Coe -> RE: I am pissed off because... (24/12/2012 8:20:09 PM)

Thanks guys for your kind words. I hate to be the maudlin guy at Christmas. But between my grandad dying, finding out that I'm getting laid off next year and getting the winter vomiting bug... gotta say, it's not a classic Christmas.

Does anyone know where I can find The Ghost Of Christmas Yet To Come? I could do with knowing that next year will be better... [;)]

Joking aside, I hope you all have a good 'un....

homersimpson_esq -> RE: I am pissed off because... (25/12/2012 1:59:36 AM)

The upstairs neighbours seem to think that playing loud music at 2AM ON CHRISTMAS MORNING IS APPROPRIATE. SHUT THE FUCK UP I NEED TO SLEEP YOU INCONSIDERATE CUNTS.

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS YOU BUNCH OF UNBELIEVABLE GOBSHITES.

I'M PLAYING HARK THE FUCKING HERALD AT 8AM WHEN I GET UP. SHITS.

Yay Christmas spirit!

-_-

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (25/12/2012 9:58:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

The upstairs neighbours seem to think that playing loud music at 2AM ON CHRISTMAS MORNING IS APPROPRIATE. SHUT THE FUCK UP I NEED TO SLEEP YOU INCONSIDERATE CUNTS.

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS YOU BUNCH OF UNBELIEVABLE GOBSHITES.

I'M PLAYING HARK THE FUCKING HERALD AT 8AM WHEN I GET UP. SHITS.

Yay Christmas spirit!

-_-

MERRY CHRISTMAS HOMES. [:D]

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (30/12/2012 8:50:47 AM)

Back to work tomorrow for my first full day in a long time (and I appear to have pulled the short straw of the long day). At this time a cold has decided to wheedle its way into my system and is presently scratching at the back of my throat with its hoary fingernails.

Page: <<   < prev  303 304 [305] 306 307   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI