RE: I am pissed off because... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/12/2012 11:31:19 AM)

I have a sore throat too, which is a problem in a call centre. I'm hoping I lose my voice so I can help out with some back office stuff or something for a few days.

jcthefirst -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/12/2012 1:02:43 PM)

Not pissed off, just slightly flummoxed.

A guy in work who bought new shoes (costing 60) for our work do on Friday past, got so drunk that he can't remember what he did but somehow rtashed his new shoes. He brings them in today and says he's going to try and get a refund by saying they just fell apart. That's not the flummoxing part. We've all tried something similar, although maybe not to the same extent (haven't we?)

The flummoxing part is he didn't get a refund, but because he knows the owner was able to swap them for a more expensive pair of shoes (90) because the shop didn't have another pair of the same ones in stock.

So because he got drunk and made a dick of himself, he got more expensive shoes.

I already hate this wanker anyways, so that probably didn't help when he came back, smug as you like and told everyone.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/12/2012 1:13:57 PM)

Twice on the way home I had cars nearly crash into me head on. Both times idiots overtaking bikes and could not wait the ten seconds for me to get past (in one case she was overtaking on a blind bend and I only avoided smashing head on by mounting the verge whilst she drove off leaving me almost stuck in the mud. The cyclist actually stopped and asked if I was ok but sadly neither of us got a licence plate and it does not show on my camera).

benmharper -> RE: I am pissed off because... (17/12/2012 1:27:56 PM)

Aching all over and can't keep anything down. Not good[:@]

paul_ie86 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 12:13:44 AM)

Some idiot on Facebook just shared this on facebook. Needless to say they were immeadiately unfriended. I hate the way conspiracy theorists hijack tragedies to further convince themselves of their own idiotic beliefs.

[image]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/27897_554891781206218_999492031_n.jpg[/image]

Shifty Bench -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 12:23:46 AM)

Bloody hell, I would have unfriended them too. [&:]

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 12:26:52 AM)

All I can think of when I see a conspiracy theory like that is this [:D]

[image]http://rarerborealis.com/wordpressblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/tumblr_lemkdyfPaq1qdoghio1_500.png[/image]

But no in all seriousness, conspiracy theorists who use tragedies like Sandy Hook to spread their utter crap are right idiots. Not as bad as Westboro or the NRA but still pretty bad.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 9:44:04 AM)

I didn't realise you were friends with Fluke on Facebook.

Hood_Man -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 3:18:41 PM)

My sore throat appears to have turned into ear ache, phlegm, and sweats.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 3:21:26 PM)

Join the club. We've got the lurgy going around locally and half my office (exactly, we counted) had it yesterday. 

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 3:29:24 PM)

Fuck's sake.

My dad came round today, saying he had the Christmas presents to drop off (they usually head up to Scotland to stay with my sister for Christmas week). OK, fine.

So he did and I'm going through them and there's one for me, a good few for Jr....and none for my stepson.

I have no idea what their thinking is. I've raised him as my own for the last ten years, do they really think that because his mother and I are now seperated that I'm going to treat him any different? That they should do?

So now I'm going to have to cover for them and either get him something or give him money and pretend it's from them. Which I hate doing because A) why the fuck should I have to spend more money on their behalf? and B) I really don't like covering for other people's shitty behaviour, but it's either that or have an upset child on Christmas Day. Last thing I need right now.

Fucking unbelievable.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 3:35:33 PM)

Just tell them. It's a confusing time for everybody, not quite knowing how to play it. Quite often parents or other close family can be more angry at a split than the two people involved directly. And quite often that in itself can make things more awkward. Why not just tell your folks that your love for your stepson hasn't been lessened by your split, and that he's still very much a part of your family. It may be that they just don't see things the same way, or can't. Or won't. Just have a quiet word with one of them and say that, actually, you're still buying stuff for your stepson, as you have every year, and it would help with the whole situation if they did the same... Which it would, but they might just not see it that way. Talking is the way forward.

This post has been brought to you by MY GOD I AM FEELING RATIONAL TODAY.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 3:37:23 PM)

But why do that when I CAN BE ANGRY ON THE INTERNET AT THEM?

But OK. That makes sense.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 3:39:15 PM)

Apart from Homer's excellent advice - is it at all possible they might have sent something direct because they were worried about upsetting/annoying you (which takes you back to the discussion thing Homer talks about)

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 3:55:51 PM)

Nah - there's no reason I would be.

Sway -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 4:03:28 PM)

Not that it makes it any better, but I echo the sentiment that it might just be their head's are up their arses with everything that's gone on, and genuinely didn't realise what they've done.

Like Homer says it's probably best to just gently bring it up with them and point out how insensitive it actually is, either if they've not realised it.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 4:16:36 PM)

Well, they said they're going to come round once they're back from my sister's sometime after Boxing Day, so I'll raise it with them then.

And then present them with a receipt for whatever I've had to buy him.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 4:18:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Well, they said they're going to come round once they're back from my sister's sometime after Boxing Day, so I'll raise it with them then.

And then present them with a receipt for whatever I've had to buy him.

I can see him coming out of this with a much better gift than a grandparent one [:D]

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 4:23:38 PM)

I think they're getting him an iPad. [sm=angel.gif]

moontheloon -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 9:19:43 PM)

Because I work in retail and it is Christmas.

A customer is almost certainly going to complain about me tomorrow for asking him very politely not to be rude after he made a wise assed remark about how the company I work for is having financial trouble at the moment. Whilst I know I shouldn't have said it, I also find it very distasteful to make light of the fact that someone could be made redundant, indeed to pretty much rub it in the face of that person with glee and sarcasm.

I am pissed off not so much because he was rude to me, because I get that every day, but more that I responded, because I usually save my responses for my own mutterings on the way home or in the staff room. I guess with the constant media reports that we're fucked and the stuff going on internally that makes me think that the bosses are panicked I was more touchy than usual.

I've had enough of Christmas though. People this time of the year seem to get a little crazy and seem to think that they have the right to treat the staff like twats, to treat the shops like they have every right to be there, even when they're closing, to complain about every little thing. Yes we've sold out, but we did have 300 last week. It's hardly my fault you didn't think to come in last week. Yes we close at 7, yes other shops are open until 9, that does not give you the right to get pissy with some of our staff and rant about how outrageous it is for us to close 'early', because we're staying open longer than usual, and we have to pay staff to work the extra hour or two at the end of the night, not forgetting that these staff also have lives of their own and don't especially want to be in until 9 so they won't get home until gone 10.

Quite frankly I am pissed off at Christmas, because I swore that this year would be different, that despite working in retail , and despite that fact ruining every Christmas since I was 16 with the stress and the abuse we receive in our jobs. Despite this I swore that I would enjoy this year, I would try and be more festive. I wrote Christmas cards for everyone I work with, I did my Christmas shopping relatively early and I've tried my hardest to maintain a happy demeanour. But fuck me if it isn't the same as every other year, with rude customers, more stress and no breaks (I have two days off before the end of the year, none of them before Christmas).

So I am a little pissed off tonight, and I have another 6 days to go. I must remember to bite my tongue though.

Lazy wolf eyes -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 9:34:08 PM)

I sympathise moon. I work in retail too and it's awful usually but at Christmas it's hell on earth. I don't blame you at all for responding to the customer. Good for you. I don't know if it's the same in your company, but in my company the sales assistants get no support or back-up from management so you just have to paste a fake smile on your face whenever a customer is a knob for no real reason, so I commend your bravery.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 9:43:59 PM)

You get all those notices up in hospitals now, reminding people not to be horrible to nurses because, frankly, it's just not on. Just because you expect to be waited on hand and foot doesn't give you the right to get up in someone's face and make threats and demands.

It's always been clear that retail staff don't have that kind of backing from employers or support to force employers to back them up in this kind of thing. Which is a pity - a few laminated notices around the place might, just, remind someone it's another human being they're being an utter tit to when they spew their sense of entitlement at them.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 11:29:02 PM)

The other day I was setting up a redirection notice and got annoyed cos my new address isn't on Royal Mail's system so I had to call up. The automated service is the most infuriating I have ever known. No option for an operator, no obvious categories, no option for 'or any other queries'. I had to call and hang up and call back four times using different options until I finally got the right combination. When I finally got through to an operator I was furious. Ranted about it to her. At the end of the call I apologised for being so rude, realising it wasn't her fault. I felt really bad because I used to work in a call centre.
Anyway sometimes people are in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's a shame more people don't recognise they're being a twat and just apologise. I'm glad I did.

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 11:33:06 PM)

Automated systems are guaranteed to drive people beyond sanity though. Especially the voice ones that don't work. Or entering all your info only to be asked the exact same questions again when you finally get through.

steffols -> RE: I am pissed off because... (18/12/2012 11:34:43 PM)

My managers are pretty good about backing us up. I work in a supermarket in the middle of a town centre with a lot of unsavoury characters kicking about. I've had a fair few run-ins with customers (probably moreso than the rest of the shop as I work in the cigarette kiosk) that have ended up with them swearing in my face or saying some pretty nasty, personal things about me. I have no fear in shouting back in these peoples faces. I am there to work, not to be treated or spoke to like shit. And if you're going to get up in my face, I will get back up into yours. The managers have the same approach and I have on occasion seen them shouting at the same unsavoury types and forcibly removing them from the store.

We take no shit from anyone in my shop because we get more than our share and we just don't deserve it.

sanchia -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 7:14:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Automated systems are guaranteed to drive people beyond sanity though. Especially the voice ones that don't work. Or entering all your info only to be asked the exact same questions again when you finally get through.

Or those lovely ones which don't have an option for your query or redirect you and hang up. [&o]

elab49 -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 9:26:46 AM)

Grrrrrrrr

Although, that said, I did get a discount once because I was livid at that having happened to me twice in a row, being cut off after hanging on nearly half an hour.

Rebenectomy -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 11:26:34 AM)

Urgh. Expecting deliveries by RM today, but the past two times they've delivered something too big for the letter box, they've simply filled in the card and pissed off. They've either knocked so lightly I haven't heard the door, or they simply haven't bothered at all. So, here I am, hallway door open (letting all the feckin' heat out) and no TV/Radio/Music on, all so I can catch the postie.

On the plus side, they did re-deliver on Sunday, which was a pleasant surprise.

Pigeon Army -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 11:47:08 AM)

My final law assignment ever is due in less than 16 hours.

We got it at 4:30pm yesterday. It is a take-home test.

It is 2500 words.

It is asking us to create an international bill of human rights. It is basically the most open-ended such a question can get.

I am so.

So.

Not happy.

matty_b -> RE: I am pissed off because... (19/12/2012 11:48:41 AM)

quote:

create an international bill of human rights

If that's not what this forum is for, I don't know what is.

Page: <<   < prev  302 303 [304] 305 306   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI