New Watchmen Pics Online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Watchmen Pics Online (27/11/2007 11:48:24 AM)

Post your comments on this article

britesparc -> Impressive... (27/11/2007 11:48:24 AM)

VERY impressive. It really does look like a photo torn from the comic itself. This might just be excellent...

Dr Manhattan -> I Cant Wait Now (27/11/2007 12:11:09 PM)

WOW. I'm not sure whats more cooler on set pictures of the Watchmen or a picture of the joker being fully revealed in a days time! I love the graphic novel for its feel and look and the detail that went into the background. And these pictures just look like photos from the comic! I love the picture of Rorschach walking down the street! cant wait now

Acho -> Looks good (27/11/2007 12:13:32 PM)

I've only recently read Watchmen for the first time (I know, total bandwagon-ing!) I can see what all the fuss is about though and those set pictures look great.

Dr Manhattan -> and......... (27/11/2007 12:15:16 PM)

i just noticed in one of the photos there's the kid sitting down by the newsstand reading a copy of the Black Freighter with the newsagent next to him. theres even a huge poster advertising the black Freighter on the side of the newsstand! if you ain't got a clue what I'm on about you need to read the graphic novel

the ageless stranger -> and and........ (27/11/2007 12:45:42 PM)

There's a poster for Veidt Sport on the side of the bus shelter. I'm liking the detail here......

gusbuster -> awesome detail (27/11/2007 1:13:42 PM)

and theres a pale horses poster behind the subway. I thought there was no way ther'd be able to nail the level detail that's in the graphic novel, but this looks really good. I'm not sure about how the action will transfer to screen, but at least there now seems a better chance it won't stink out loud.

UGonnaBarkAllDayDog? -> Newstand (27/11/2007 1:16:22 PM)

That pic of the newstand is amazing! Can't belive Empire didn't mention the significance of the dude reading the comic... as he and the news seller look identical to the book!

Awesome. And is that the Nite Owl and his mrs under the bus shelter?

adambatman82 -> RE: Newstand (27/11/2007 1:28:45 PM)

im loving the pictures, especially the one of bernie and bernie at the newstand. thats one of the most important locations in the book i reckon, and it looks spot on. 2009 really is too far away.

adambatman82 -> RE: Newstand (27/11/2007 1:30:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UGonnaBarkAllDayDog?

Awesome. And is that the Nite Owl and his mrs under the bus shelter?

i thought that at first, not too sure now.

Death_Row_Marv -> Good God (27/11/2007 1:32:54 PM)

This could very well be the best comic book movie ever!

HoboCop -> (27/11/2007 2:06:50 PM)

i weed a bit

Heskin Radiophonic -> RE: New Watchmen Pics Online (27/11/2007 2:32:54 PM)

This looks VERY impressive - the sort of background detail that only Lord of the Rings seems to have truly gone into.

You can also see behind Rorsach a glimpse of the "Who Watches The Watchmen?" phrase.

Wraggsterino -> (27/11/2007 4:35:57 PM)

Weed a bit? I think I shit a little when I saw Rorsach. Good fuck Snyder is so committed to the detail that the source material deserves. There's taking artistic licence and then there's fooking with something beautiful (still not convinced Transformers worked...). He manages to hurdle easily over such pitfalls. 300 kicked ass, so will this.

Wraggsterino -> (27/11/2007 4:59:57 PM)

Weed a bit? I think I shit a little when I saw Rorsach. Good fuck Snyder is so committed to the detail that the source material deserves. There's taking artistic licence and then there's fooking with something beautiful (still not convinced Transformers worked...). He manages to hurdle easily over such pitfalls. 300 kicked ass, so will this.

lukeyboy -> (27/11/2007 5:58:11 PM)

Excellent stuff!!.....Surely an early release is on the cards!

coomi01 -> Looks awesome (27/11/2007 7:27:33 PM)

GO SNYDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peteabel -> who watches the watchmen (27/11/2007 8:05:06 PM)

Just being picky but the graffitti looks fake and airbrushed on.

jamesbondguy -> RE: who watches the watchmen (28/11/2007 4:28:15 PM)

They seem to have got something of the look right, thankfully. I have to admit the pictures are promising in a visual sense- but I still think that a film of Watchmen is a bad idea.
It, to fit in every important story-point from the comic, needs to be at least six hours long. Really, it's a full-length, incredibly detailed novel, a book with a lot of depth, and it's increasingly complex as it continues. How that will translate into a 2 1/2 hour long film is yet to be seen.

Wilbert -> RE: (28/11/2007 5:14:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

Excellent stuff!!.....Surely an early release is on the cards!

No chance.

cjtsmith -> Memories (1/12/2007 7:47:40 PM)

I must admit I had all but forgotten reading Watchmen in my dim and distant past. But when I saw the pic of the kid sitting next to the news stand and Rorschach striding down the street, it all came flooding back, which means the detail must be amazingly true to the comic. Now I am really looking forward to this ... although I find it hard to believe they will do a good job, given that most comic book adaptations are such crap. Still, here's hoping ...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI