Emile Hirsch Talks Speed Racer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Emile Hirsch Talks Speed Racer (22/11/2007 5:18:24 PM)

Post your comments on this article

doctorolorinbats1975 -> (22/11/2007 5:18:24 PM)

I am really looking forward to seeing the look of this one.

CameronJames -> (22/11/2007 5:21:43 PM)

Awh common, yeah green screen movies are a nice novelty, but for the love of god, does every action movie have to do this now

doctorolorinbats1975 -> (22/11/2007 5:29:49 PM)

Not every film, but it sure does help the budget. It's interesting though when filmmakers do experiment with this technique: this is the Wachowski's turn. But I do feel this should be an exception rather than the norm, but let's face, animation and live action are just distinctions now, not genres.

Adrian -> (22/11/2007 6:11:05 PM)

we know for a fact that all car chases in the Bourne movies were done for real. and so actual cars were actually driven.

and yet, from th sound of things... in this, a film which is much more focused on that element, none will. no vehicle in this will even have to be a driveable model. they'll just be trussed up on gimbal or something like the fantasticar in Fantastic 4 2. only there was valid reason for doing it with that.

I'm not averse to green screen by any means, but in this case... why?

Jean Claude Van Damme wouldn't do this. (not sure what kind of argument that is, but it is most likely true)

adambatman82 -> RE: (22/11/2007 9:42:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CameronJames

Awh common, yeah green screen movies are a nice novelty, but for the love of god, does every action movie have to do this now

what action film, aside from 300 is completely green screen? beowulf doesnt count because its motion capture, not normal actors. i think this could be really good.

adambatman82 -> RE: (22/11/2007 9:45:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adrian

we know for a fact that all car chases in the Bourne movies were done for real. and so actual cars were actually driven.

and yet, from th sound of things... in this, a film which is much more focused on that element, none will. no vehicle in this will even have to be a driveable model. they'll just be trussed up on gimbal or something like the fantasticar in Fantastic 4 2. only there was valid reason for doing it with that.

I'm not averse to green screen by any means, but in this case... why?

i think were to assume that there is a valid reason for the use of green screen here, i dont think its for any other reason. based on what iv seen of the cartoon this seems like an apt decision.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI