RE: COD4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

paulyboy -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 1:55:13 AM)

Veteran is beyond difficult, as others have mentioned the TV Studio is an absolute bastard. Having gone through on normal, I can just see some of the later levels being nigh on impossible quite frankly, especially the sections with time limits. The post-credit sequence has to be done in a minute, a fooking minute! Hats off to anyone who manages that!

King_Bard -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 12:07:10 PM)

Im going through hard mode at the moment....I found the tv studio quite easy actually...The hardest level is Heat....What a bitch of a level that is...

krudler -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 12:17:39 PM)

am taking my time with this so it lasts me till assassins creed comes out on friday, just finished the sniper level which was fantastic, am finding the SAS missions a bit samey,run to barn/farmhouse,clear out,move to next one,great game though

Chojin -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 2:03:23 PM)

prolly gonna buy this tonight. i've never played any of the others but the graphics look immense and the single player is supposed to be very good.

not sure about the lack of multiplayer achievements as my friends have got the game so i'll play it quite a bit online.

Jules -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 2:41:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstalOnly one game so far and Empire boys got a hell of a beating...thankfully we had Sir Killalot Jules on our team...

What can I say - with you lightweights on my side I just had to pull out all the stops.[:D]

the anomaly -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 6:23:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I didn't like the first mission, and it seems like I'm the only one who didn't. The walkways in the ship were far too narrow that my AI team mates would either get in the way and prevent me from actually taking part in any of the open fire, or they'd walk into me and push me out of my nice little vantage point and into the open so I'd get shot to death. Not played too much of the next  mission but it seems much better as it's much more open and I'm actually getting more involved in the shooting.

Agreed. I was left to do almost nothing on the first level. Next level's pretty cool though. Have not had time to get into this yet.[:(]

Stuntgoat -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 6:47:56 PM)

thought the AC 130 level was just amazing, looked earily realistic and good fun. Thought the game overall was fantatstic but way too short finihed it in about 7 hours! and it usually takes me ages to finish games!

rich -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 7:22:22 PM)

Well it's excellent while it lasts - anyone else feel like there's supposed to be Russian missions here somewhere? The reviews rave about the multiplayer which frankly doesnt interest me, wheres the value for people who shelled out for the game and arent paying them any more cash to use Live?

krudler -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 8:33:33 PM)

i thought the single player was long enough, any longer and it would have gotten repetitve, really at the end of it all you're just being funnelled to the next set piece theres no freedom whatsoever in it, and multiplayer is amazing if you have a broadband connection why not use it

borstal -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 8:42:47 PM)

Fair enough if its short its a bit of a let down but the multi-layer is massive and also unlocks challenges so for most buyers the package has longevity.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 8:51:24 PM)

I'm loving this game although I'm not playing it as much as I'd like due to the Mrs being on maternity leave and wanting to go shopping for baby things, like every 5 minutes![8D] I just get to sneak 30mins in here and there when she falls asleep[;)]

I'm not rushing through the single player campaign because I've heard it's short and I want to savour it, just completed 'All Ghillied Up' although I went all gung-ho and alerted a few ruskies so I'll have to play through it again for the achievement.

The multiplayer on COD4 is the best online experience I've had on LIVE, it's stunning. I love the challenges, I love the unlockables, I love the maps, I love the gameplay and I love most of the modes.

I'm in love [sm=icon12.gif]

Stuntgoat -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 11:03:39 PM)

Loved the end part, you actually feel like a hero! The online play is great very reminiscent of COD2, aka just good fun.

krudler -> RE: COD4 (12/11/2007 11:59:39 PM)

all ghillied up and one shot one kill are 2 amazing levels, heat is a right bitch though and on veteran its damn near impossible

jesseLujack -> RE: COD4 (13/11/2007 11:00:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

all ghillied up and one shot one kill are 2 amazing levels, heat is a right bitch though and on veteran its damn near impossible

Just finished them myself and was thinking the same thing.  All ghillied up is one of the best levels I have played on any game, although I think its an opportunity missed when I think how good co-op would have been on that level [&:]

Online is great as well, quite ironic really the one game im actually good at (got up to 15ish cosecutive kills last night) and love playing online has no related achievements!

King_Bard -> RE: COD4 (13/11/2007 8:01:49 PM)

Did anyone else find the level where you and the sniper guy have to make a stand at the fairground insanely hard on vetrean..It nearly brought me to tears....I actually nearly threw my control out of the window when i was killed just as i was entering the helicopter....

talpacino -> RE: COD4 (15/11/2007 2:38:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Bard

Did anyone else find the level where you and the sniper guy have to make a stand at the fairground insanely hard on vetrean..It nearly brought me to tears....I actually nearly threw my control out of the window when i was killed just as i was entering the helicopter....

Even on hardened that part was poxy hard. The mission before that was my favourite, very tense.

Great game,one of the best single player first person shooters i've played. I just finished it on hardened last night, I'll have a go at veteran but I doubt I'll make it too far and will end up just getting pissed off with it.

Have only had one game of the multiplayer and I got bet crooked, I'll have to have a proper go of tonight.

juanvasquez -> RE: COD4 (18/11/2007 8:34:33 PM)

Had a very brief go on multiplayer last night. Not only were me and and my mates kicked out of virtually every game we tried to join, I also recieved an abusive message from someone. Quite odd. I think I might just stick to private games in future.

the anomaly -> RE: COD4 (18/11/2007 8:51:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Had a very brief go on multiplayer last night. Not only were me and and my mates kicked out of virtually every game we tried to join, I also recieved an abusive message from someone. Quite odd. I think I might just stick to private games in future.

Your not american are you? [:D]
Being new to Live my experience has been fine so far. Only time someone got abusive was on Halo 3. I was playing a tag team match, rockets and I accidently shot my team member. Recieved a torrent of abuse including being called a fucking noob. [:D] I have had no problems on COD4 though.

juanvasquez -> RE: COD4 (18/11/2007 8:55:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Your not american are you? [:D]
Being new to Live my experience has been fine so far. Only time someone got abusive was on Halo 3. I was playing a tag team match, rockets and I accidently shot my team member. Recieved a torrent of abuse including being called a fucking noob. [:D] I have had no problems on COD4 though.

Nah, as english as complaining me. I've just been speaking to one of my mates who I was playing with and I'm not the only one recive that message!

BigKovacs -> RE: COD4 (19/11/2007 1:10:13 PM)

What a fucking tunning game, I got bored of the previous COD games pretty quickly but this is different mustard but hot damn, Veteran is stupid. I tried the Epilogue and you ahve to get it done in 60 seconds...its ridiculous.

Stuntgoat -> RE: COD4 (19/11/2007 6:10:37 PM)

I was online last night with some friends including a girl and these twats starting giving her loads of shit because she was a girl and told her to get out as it was only a blokes game! No they weren't american, they were scottish! First time I've had a shit time online with COD4, been awesome until now.

RockyWilcox -> RE: COD4 (19/11/2007 8:48:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stuntgoat

I was online last night with some friends including a girl and these twats starting giving her loads of shit because she was a girl and told her to get out as it was only a blokes game! No they weren't american, they were scottish! First time I've had a shit time online with COD4, been awesome until now.

Probably angry the Italians stopped them going to the European championships.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: COD4 (20/11/2007 1:21:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

Dear lord that level's tough. I'm right at the end and even though I'm pumping headshot after headshot I'm still getting overwhelmed by the bastards, they're just relentless. I think I'm playing my first playthrough on hardened but I'm not sure. I know I meant to but can't remember if I actually did choose the hardened difficulty. Either way it's bloody tough and I've given up on it for tonight [&:].

Absolute top class game though. Some of the firefights are so intense I feel a little shell shocked afterwards [:D]. One thing's certain, Infinity Ward should never allow anyone else anywhere near the COD franchise again.

Neo -> RE: COD4 (20/11/2007 2:57:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stuntgoat

Well she was asking for it.

[:D]

BigKovacs -> RE: COD4 (20/11/2007 10:00:00 AM)

Can anyone clarify the '3 in a row' cheevy where you knife three enemies in a row in the single player campaign. I'm steaming through levels knifing fiive or six guys in a row and geting nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

jesseLujack -> RE: COD4 (20/11/2007 10:46:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

Can anyone clarify the '3 in a row' cheevy where you knife three enemies in a row in the single player campaign. I'm steaming through levels knifing fiive or six guys in a row and geting nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

They have to be 3 quick kills. Any kind of break and it wont work.

(I got mine on the last level by the way, just by steaming into a packed room.)

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: COD4 (20/11/2007 5:42:27 PM)

I'd like to know more about the '4 of a kind' achievement. The one where you need 4 headshot kills in a row.

I've attempted it about 8 different times while playing through on Veteran, I got about 25 headshot kills in a row at one point on the first proper level and nothing, then on the TV studio I got 8 in a row on seperate occassions and still no achievement.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: COD4 (20/11/2007 5:56:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I'd like to know more about the '4 of a kind' achievement. The one where you need 4 headshot kills in a row.

I've attempted it about 8 different times while playing through on Veteran, I got about 25 headshot kills in a row at one point on the first proper level and nothing, then on the TV studio I got 8 in a row on seperate occassions and still no achievement.

That was one of the 1st Achievements I got. I think you just have to be really really fast. I wasn't even going for it and got it in the TV studio level when we were being bombarded with wave after wave of enemy. Top stuff.

BigKovacs -> RE: COD4 (20/11/2007 7:17:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesseLujack

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

They have to be 3 quick kills. Any kind of break and it wont work.

(I got mine on the last level by the way, just by steaming into a packed room.)

Ah, I wish they said it was in a time limit. I got my four kills in a row in the TV studio as well, 4 guys burst into a room I was hiding in to reload, I swicthed to an AK, panick fired and got all 4. Total fluke unfortunately.

Your Funny Uncle -> COD4 patch in the works for the 360.... (20/11/2007 8:45:46 PM)

The upcoming patch for Call of Duty 4 - No date has been confirmed, and even the changes themselves aren’t final.
The most important new feature is probably ‘host migration’ which means that the multiplayer game you’re in no longer ends when the host of the game leaves, instead a new host will be selected so that you can continue playing. The rest of the list is just a few small changes here and there. Luckily it’s nowhere near as bad as with the wretched Call of Duty 2 lag a long time ago.
    Additions / New Features:

• Added Kill cam to Airstrike bombs and Claymores
  • Addition of Host Migration so if Host Leaves auto-chooses next best host
  • Tweaked the following Oldschool Mode settings based on feedback:
    - Added Unlimited Sprint
    - Increased Magazine Size
    - Added Ragdoll Cam
  • Addition of New “N0M4D” Control Scheme

Optimizations / Tweaks:

• Identify party by background color (in Lobby)
  • Optimized server selection for first match for better connections
  • Improved network performance for 18 player games
  • Optimized ‘Chase Cam’ when Spectating
  • Fixed Playlist error when attempting to join from other games
  • Handle Corrupt Create A Class data instead of kicking player

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI