The Peter Serafinowicz Show (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

sanchia -> The Peter Serafinowicz Show (4/10/2007 9:59:46 PM)

I must admit I was not expecting too much as although he is a talented comedian he has picked some dodgy material in the past and has been very hit and miss. 

I have been pleasantly surprised with such sketches as the Kitchen Gun being spot on for Cillit Bang adverts and the annoying Who wants to be a Millionaire sketch being very close to the growing pointlessness of the actual show and now you know the QVC presenters are actually thinking.  I doubt if it will be one to watch again in a couple of years as it is too closely tied to popular culture of the day.

Hopefully they haven't exhausted the good stuff in the early days.

AndyR -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (4/10/2007 10:04:22 PM)

That was a great first episode with some very funny sketches (the newsreader and the robot chatshow host stood out for me [:D] ). Hopefully it won't desscend into endless catch-phrases like most other sketch shows.

Shifty Bench -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (4/10/2007 10:09:20 PM)

Yeah, I liked it, I've always said Serafinowicz deserved his own show. I thought The Robot talk-show host was really funny. The piano fingers sketch stands out as one of the most pointless sketches in the history of the world though. [8|]

Mikey C -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (4/10/2007 10:09:27 PM)

But where were the jokes?!

edit: That robot talk show was awful.

Hex -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (4/10/2007 10:11:20 PM)

Butterfield Direct was very funny.

Shifty Bench -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (4/10/2007 10:13:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mikey C

But where were the jokes?!

edit: That robot talk show was awful.

Each to his own, Mikey [:)]

timomouse -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (4/10/2007 10:13:55 PM)

Really really awful concept executed to perfection. Millionaire was utterly spot on, as was cillit bang and then the random things (such as the robot chat show just about worked) and the little things were just right (such as in the news sketch, using the ITV local news music)

Artoo02 -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (4/10/2007 10:29:50 PM)

At last he has revealed himself to the public. At last he has had revenge.

meh... -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (4/10/2007 11:42:53 PM)

Alot of it was awful! Who's want to be a Millionaire? Cillit Bang? Come on, their time has come and gone.

Timon -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (5/10/2007 9:37:22 AM)

Was a little worried at first as some the sketches weren't very good (The Sherlock Holmes ones) but once he unleashed his impressions such as the uneeirely accurate Michael Caine/Chris Tarrant and BARRY SCOTT it was on top form.

Really liked Clone House - showed the pointlessness of the show and the blandness of all the muppets that go on it. Especially the men.

TYLER -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (6/10/2007 10:12:29 AM)

Showed potential this - definitely more hit than miss.

Highlights? Heads or Tails, Toilet Gun and Clone House. Also the Alan Alda impression was spot on.

The low points were the Sherlock Holmes and piano fingers sketches which just didn't work for me and as Meh... points out, the cultural references were slightly dated.

jonson -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (6/10/2007 11:03:53 AM)

It did nothing for me I'm afraid. The robot talk show host was amusing for the first 10 seconds, then as all comedians seem to do nowadays, they find one funny idea and milk it to the point of embarassment.

As Ti said though, his impressions are very good. The Michael Caine sketch dragged to the point of boredom but then did make me laugh out loud when he appeared behind himself.
His Alan Alda was good (but to be fair, what percentage of the watching viewers would have recognised that?) and his Chris Tarrant was OK but I've seen far better on the TV (and down the local boozer to be honest)
I might watch it again next week if I'm not taking a shit with my trousers up.

Elliot_J -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (6/10/2007 11:21:55 AM)

I turned it off after five minutes.

Mr E -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (6/10/2007 11:33:40 AM)

I thought it was great. An aquired taste though I imagine. I loved him in Spaced and it's about time he had his own show.

Also did anyone else ever see Look Around You? An old show of his spoofing 70s/80s educational films. Absolutley Hilarious!

meh... -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (6/10/2007 10:19:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr E

I thought it was great. An aquired taste though I imagine. I loved him in Spaced and it's about time he had his own show.

Also did anyone else ever see Look Around You? An old show of his spoofing 70s/80s educational films. Absolutley Hilarious!

I love Look Around You! I preferred the little 15 minute ones, but the half hour episodes really built into something hilarious by the end.

frankie -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (6/10/2007 11:18:47 PM)

Yeah. i was disappointed after hoping for much more from it.
He did a good Nic Cage tho.

Fuzzbap -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (7/10/2007 10:28:15 AM)

It was ok...a bit hit and miss. Not a patch on Look Around You. Or Big Train, which I was hoping it would be a bit like.

And yeah, his Nic Cage was ok but not a patch on his Alan Alda, or that guy's Nic Cage on Studio 60.

Fuzzbap -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (7/10/2007 10:29:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: meh...

I love Look Around You! I preferred the little 15 minute ones, but the half hour episodes really built into something hilarious by the end.

And it had some of the best comedy names since The Day Today: Dr. Franklin Fu, Computer Jones, Synthesizer Patel and my personal favourite, Willy Billiams.

DJ Satan -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 11:07:31 AM)

I caught it last night and must admit I laughed quite a few times.

Rumbaabaa -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 11:09:52 AM)

I love Michael 6!!!

emogeek -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 11:11:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I caught it last night and must admit I laughed quite a few times.

Me too.

There's nothing big and clever about using the "c" word.   But it made me laugh[:D] (well the first time anyway).  

Was impressed by how well he captured the physical aspects of the Beatles performance as well.

TYLER -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 11:59:13 AM)

Must admit I was disappointed with last nights ep. except for the "kill the French ambassador" sketch which I thought was great.

There's no doubting he's an excellent mimic (Pacino, The Beatles, Simon Cowell etc) but there just too much repetition IMO.

I'm going to persevere with it tho, over the 2 eps I laughed out loud several times which isn't a bad ratio.

wombathog -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 12:16:26 PM)

The Guide to Life - having a baby thing was brilliant (the moustache and cookery particularly).  The Michael-6 thing is pointless and the Bond thing was predictable but still good.

TYLER -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 12:20:06 PM)

Forgot about the Guide to Life sketch! Baby's cry because "they have vivid premonitions of the future".

[:D]

Spider -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 2:38:09 PM)

Watched a bit of this last night and I have to say I thought it was awful. Sketches built around one joke or idea (which in most cases were barely funny from conception - "how about we do the X Factor, yeah, but get this, Simon Cowell says cunt") and dragged out to the point of absolute tedium. I think this marks the state that the modern sketch show has become nowadays - say what you want about Little Britain, at least Walliams and Lucas had the intelligence to create iconic catchphrases, as annoying as they may have become - this had nothing.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 2:43:03 PM)

His "Pacino crying in Godfather Pt 3" impression was about the only thing that made laugh. Even that sketch wasn't funny - just that moment.

Its such as shame as I really like him - his Alan Alda is amazing.

First Frost with Hyperdrive and now Serafinowicz - Thursday night TV isn't being very forgiving to Shaun of the Dead cast members...

Spider -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 2:49:21 PM)

I like him too but it's a shame that it seems that nowadays to be a proper comedy star you have to be a writer, whereas much less value is placed on the comic actor. I never saw anything to suggest that Serafinowicz deserved his own show but as an actor I was happy to see him in much more.

Shifty Bench -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 2:56:03 PM)

Well, technically, he has already had his own show before. He wrote and starred in Look Around You. He was also a main cast member in Hardware and How Do You Want Me? for their entire run. The guy's been around a lot longer than people may think, I don't really see why he shouldn't have his own show. Nick Frost isn't even a professional actor and hadn't done anything before Spaced and he's had about 3 shows now.

Bruce Wayne -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (12/10/2007 10:49:02 PM)

after enjoying the first episode and laughing several times, last nights quickly became repetitive and unfunny. I liked Micheal-6 last week this time it just wasnt funny.

sanchia -> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show (13/10/2007 10:59:21 AM)

I must admit I was of the same opinion.  There was a touch too much familiarity which for it only being the second show wasn't a good thing

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI