Chuck - US speed SEASON 4 FROM PAGE 8 ONWARDS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

homersimpson_esq -> Chuck - US speed SEASON 4 FROM PAGE 8 ONWARDS (23/9/2007 6:14:49 PM)

Thought this programme (it's so tempting to refer to them as 'shows'...) deserved its own thread, as I see it going on to bigger and better things!

Roll on episode 2!

Timon -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (24/9/2007 2:57:28 PM)

I really enjoyed Chuck. Wasn't sure I was going to when I saw 'Executive Producer' and 'Directed' by MCG on the screen but I thought.."Hey, Brett Ratner gave us Prison Break."

Good fun and a nice cast of familiar faces such as Adam Baldwin, Tony Todd, Dale Dye and Giftshop Girl from Scrubs.

Kami89 -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (24/9/2007 8:19:54 PM)

Thought this was airing before Heroes ? Therefore it wont be out yet, or am I just wrong?

hongkongphooey -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (24/9/2007 8:22:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kami89

Thought this was airing before Heroes ? Therefore it wont be out yet, or am I just wrong?

The pilot came out a few weeks back, so many of us have seen it already. It is up there on the usual sites.

Kami89 -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (24/9/2007 8:53:52 PM)

Ahh yeah I have already seen that, I was just temporarily confused thought today was Tuesday for a bit.

The Mighty -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (24/9/2007 9:04:27 PM)

TV Squad has seen the first 3 episodes, and they say the quality stays just as high. I loved the first episode, can't wait to see the rest.

I hear Summer from The OC is guest staring as a love interest. [:D]

The Mighty -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (25/9/2007 8:03:00 PM)

The first episode got 9.3 million viewers, which is pretty good I guess. If it stays at that amount, it should stick around for a while.

hongkongphooey -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (2/10/2007 7:30:35 PM)

Not so keen on the second episode - not sure why. Not sure how it is going to keep momentum for the whole of the series and found some of the spy stuff a bit boring. Adam Baldwin is fantastic as ever however, and makes it worth watching.

Spartacus -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (2/10/2007 10:03:51 PM)

Just watched episode 2, did everyone else here the bit about Oceanic Flight 815 being shot down? [:D]

The Mighty -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (2/10/2007 10:39:07 PM)

"Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by..." [:D]

The 2nd episode wasn't as good as the last, but I still loved it. It's just so fun!

Art Vandelay -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (3/10/2007 12:44:13 AM)

True. It's a very easy show to watch, and it owes so much to Zachary Levi. The man's just full of charisma. And yeah, that "Oceanic" quote was surely a little reference to Lost. Strange seeing as how they're on different networks.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (4/10/2007 11:38:08 PM)

You guys noticed the Oceanic 815 bit too then? Heh heh. I love in-jokes like that.

On an in-jokey topic, in the first season of Heroes, when Hiro is searching on the PC for kensei's sword, when he finds it, it has catalogue number CRM-115, a code that Kubrick put in many of his films, including A Clockwork Orange (it appeared as Serum 115 - CRM-Serum, geddit?), which starred a certain Malcolm MacDowell, who was in series 1 of Heroes... A small, but very nerdy in-joke.

sanchia -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (5/10/2007 9:10:09 AM)

I watched this one on a whim.  I didn't even know the premise behind it but found it to be a highly enjoyable first episode.  I have to agree the second episode didn't hold up as well for some reason and it did seem more difficult to watch than the initial episode. 

One good reason to keep watching is Yvonne Strzechowski who certainly filled out the Hot Dog outlets uniform quite deliciously [;)] and not a hint of her Australian accent showing.

Timon -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (5/10/2007 9:44:00 AM)

Still really enjoyable and getting into it even if the second episode was fairly by the numbers. Not trusting his protectors, double agents etc etc.

If they knew this Dr worked for N Korea - why call the muppet in?!?!

Anyway, still great fun - the right blend of humour and drama.

Captain Black -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (5/10/2007 9:55:45 AM)

Any Star Trek fans notice who directed the episode and got a producer credit?

I thought it was a bit of a drop off in quality to be honest. Watched it a few days ago and can barely remember anything about it. Just lacked the energy of the pilot. A few good throwaway lines (and we can say that Chuck and Lost both exist within the same fictional universe now, which should pad out my old thread about such things) brought the humour again, but they seemed to have dialed it down a bit (deliberately) from the pilot, which was odd.

Timon -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (5/10/2007 9:59:02 AM)

Robert 'Paris' Duncan McNeil. Yeah, I saw that then IMDB'ed him and saw he's been directing loads of shows recently including The OC - the fool.

Still can't get over the fact McG is the exec producer but then Brett Ratner directed the pilot and exec produces Prison Break....

Jim -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (5/10/2007 4:39:44 PM)

Yvonne Strzechowski's (Sarah Walker) not bad-looking is she? [8|]

Anyway, I'm not enjoying the show as much as I think I should be. It sounds potentially good, but the stories are too ridiculous for me at the moment, with not enough humour. It didn't help that episode 2 was basic territory, like Timon said, double-agents blah blah blah. I'm disappointed. I'll keep watching the next few episodes to give it a fair chance, because I really want to like it but it's not grabbing me when it tries to.

sanchia -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (5/10/2007 9:05:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim

Yvonne Strzechowski's (Sarah Walker) not bad-looking is she? [8|]

Passingly fair if that is your type of thing.  I can remember seeing her in a tv programme called Sea Patrol a while ago and it is nice to see she has potentialy advanced her career.

for some reason when I watch this show I keep thinking of Jake 2.0 but I can't really say why.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (10/10/2007 2:39:07 PM)

Well episode 3 was much better than episode 2, with more actual spy stuff. I'll leave off spoilers for if we get any discussion underway, but the best bit? The microwave. 

The Mighty -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (10/10/2007 9:26:27 PM)

Episode 3 was so great! There isn't that much to discuss, but it's just so much fun to watch.

mfj fratelli -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (10/10/2007 11:44:37 PM)

Chuck does for espionage what Monk & Psych do for sleuthing.
Light-hearted and funny.
I like it.

Art Vandelay -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (11/10/2007 2:53:40 AM)

Great episode this week. Quite a step-up from last week, and to make things even better, it finished with a song from The National.

Oh, and Captain Awsome really is awsome.

Jack's Rage -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (13/10/2007 10:40:56 PM)

I agree that the last ep was a step up from the previous one. The whole double agent thing is just really tiring. But I still think that its too much of a "one trick" pony. Its surviving off of the fact that Chuck himself is extremely likeable and charasmatic. And the leads have good chemestry. The actual writing though is pretty pedestrian (aside from the good one liners strew throughout). Everything is just so predictable. At times I find myself having to ignore the poor plotting completely.

I still enjoy it though. And will continue to watch until I get bored. But I really don't see how they can make the concept work for long.

The Mighty -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (14/10/2007 1:43:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jack's Rage

I agree that the last ep was a step up from the previous one. The whole double agent thing is just really tiring. But I still think that its too much of a "one trick" pony. Its surviving off of the fact that Chuck himself is extremely likeable and charasmatic. And the leads have good chemestry. The actual writing though is pretty pedestrian (aside from the good one liners strew throughout). Everything is just so predictable. At times I find myself having to ignore the poor plotting completely.

I still enjoy it though. And will continue to watch until I get bored. But I really don't see how they can make the concept work for long.

Show's have survived on a lot less. I'm praying this doesn't get cancelled, and ratings have been solid so far.

Jack's Rage -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (14/10/2007 11:35:32 PM)

Well to be honest bad shows become inexplicably popular all the time (how anyone can actually be legitimately entertained by CSI Miami is beyond me). But I think with this type of show the plots need to be good. Because if not people will get tired of it and tune out.

The Mighty -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (16/10/2007 8:40:23 PM)

I loved this weeks episode! A lot of people seem to think the new hot girl, what was her name, might end up being Sarah's sister. Seems plausible.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (19/10/2007 2:03:16 PM)

Did anyone else notice Morgan's 'so geeky it's cool' bag? I want one!

[image]http://images.cafepress.com/product/127175686v4_240x240_Front.jpg[/image]

Jack's Rage -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (20/10/2007 1:00:07 AM)

I was pretty psyched for the latest ep when I saw it was titled "Chuck vs the Wookie". Yeah it was a pretty dumb reason to be excited...but what can you do. Anyway, it turned out to be the best one so far.

It started out great with the always entertaining hot chick fight (it was obvious it was a girl and that she would be HOT). And how the fuck does a show like this (airing at 7 in the US) get away with Sarah's peek-a-boo booty shot (was she even wearing panties?). Not that I'm complaining of course as she has a lovely little tush.

Anyway, while it still had its usual contrivences and moments of stupidity, this episode was really fun. And sometimes thats enough. Plus adding in an extra hottie was nice. I also thought it struck a nice balance between the "spy" and "pedestrian" stuff. I really liked some of the scenes at the Buy More. And Morgan has grown on me. The show really seems to know what it is and not try to be anything more. Still not sure how they can keep it going for too long. But if they can pull off episodes like this I will enjoy it for now.

Timon -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (20/10/2007 10:52:39 AM)

I think the whole sequence of Sarah and Karina's battle through goons and her escape on the jetski has to be the best 5 mins of TV i've watched this month.

The Mighty -> RE: Chuck - US speed... (27/10/2007 9:40:29 PM)

Does anyone else think that Chucks dad may be also been a spy? And thats why he "was never around"? I'm still loving the show, although this weeks wasn't the greatest. The characters gel really well.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI