Contact (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Contact (21/8/2007 1:11:25 PM)

Post your comments on this article

indysid -> Definitive Sci-Fi Classic. (21/8/2007 1:11:25 PM)

This piece is most true to a close encounter we as humans with ever get, mostly realistic and deeply profound.

Caster -> RE: Definitive Sci-Fi Classic. (26/8/2007 8:29:05 PM)

Sci-fi for grown-ups.  Zemeckis and Foster when they were at the top of their game.

The Lensman -> RE: Definitive Sci-Fi Classic. (26/8/2007 10:55:25 PM)

top notch stuff - brings out all emotions and if a movie can do that - you're on to a good un!

shool -> RE: Contact (3/9/2007 10:42:40 AM)

I liked this. A good solid Sci-Fi flick.

claudemg -> deserves re-evaluation (13/5/2008 1:11:34 AM)

this came out the same year as Men-in-black and i don't think people realise just how deep this film is. i watched it as teenager and missed the point really. just as i re-evaluated this wonderful movie so should everyone who forgot all about it. A real gem.

Kapa -> (18/8/2009 8:15:16 PM)

amazing movie!

batbhai -> Foster at her best: A true classic! (12/3/2011 6:49:24 AM)

IUsually I don't like sci-fi but this is movie changed the bar to a whole new level.
I love J.F- cute and beautiful!

Emyr Thy King -> RE: Foster at her best: A true classic! (14/3/2012 9:50:58 PM)

A really interesting film. I haven't read the book, so I imagine there's richer material in the book from which to draw a conclusion and of course Carl Sagan was and still is well regarded. However, I don't know whether the film seeks to establish that faith and by proxy religion will lead us into the stars or if science and religion need to be reconciled before that first step can take place. The satire in the film is sharp, such as looking at religious upheaval with the suicide bomber and Rob Lowe's conservative religious politician. It's a shame there aren't more films like this one. Perhaps it'll take another "wow!" signal?

NCC1701A -> RE: Foster at her best: A true classic! (15/3/2012 11:08:07 AM)

Got this on Blu Ray a couple of weeks ago have not seen it in ages. Really looking forward to rewatching it. Did not like it the first time I saw it  but after rewatching the film again I saw it for the great film that it is. Great acting and it is Zemeckis at the top of his game something that he has  not been in ages.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI