Californication - UK SPEED (Super sex show with David Duchovny) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

BobaJango -> Californication - UK SPEED (Super sex show with David Duchovny) (17/8/2007 6:49:29 PM)

Being a Duchovny fan, this show at least holds some interest for me.
Sounds pretty full on from what i've heard (several nude scenes - David included).
The concept sounds interesting enough.
http://www.sho.com/californication

Newander -> RE: Californication - David Duchovny (17/8/2007 6:54:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

(several nude scenes - David included).

Worth watching for this alone [:)] [sm=happy34.gif]

Captain Black -> RE: Californication - David Duchovny (17/8/2007 7:38:59 PM)

There's a game you can play when watching the first episode of this. Every six minutes, on the dot, say "shouldn't we be seeing someone's tits about now" and amaze your friends with you ability to summon nudity to your TV on a whim.

Five have the rights for UK broadcast and it's....promising I think is the best way to describe it. It's fairly amusing though I never found it laugh out loud funny, and I do question how it'll be extended to an ongoing series, but worth checking out I think.

Mason Verger -> RE: Californication (11/10/2007 7:33:23 PM)

Californication[image]http://www.radiotimes.com/images/key/key_c_cream.gif[/image]
Thursday 11 October
10:00pm - 10:45pm
Five
1/13 - Pilot

Californication, starring former X-Files pin-up David Duchovny as a washed-up writer, is funny and filthy, but it's also mightily pleased with itself. Which is fine if you're treading uncharted territory. But Californication feels familiar, probably because it mixes elements of every behind-the-scenes-in- Hollywood film and TV series from The Player to Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Larry Sanders Show. It's saved from disappearing up itself completely by Duchovny as the selfserving, promiscuous, Hank Moody, who's moved from New York to LA to pursue wealth and happiness. Or so he hoped. But the dream has turned sour. His novel has been turned into a bad fi lm and Hank has writer's block. He's also still in love with his ex-girlfriend (the lovely British actress Natascha McElhone) and they are both having problems with their almost out-of-control 12-year-old daughter. Hank can be a pig, but thanks to that Duchovny charm, and a certain sly, self-mocking undercurrent, he isn't entirely unpalatable.

RT reviewer - Alison GrahamVIDEO Plus+: 3381362
Subtitled
Cast

• Hank Moody - David Duchovny
  • Karen - Natascha McElhone
  • Becca - Madeleine Martin
  • Charlie - Evan Handler
  • Mia - Madeline Zima

• jstarbuck -> RE: Californication - David Duchovny (11/10/2007 8:48:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

There's a game you can play when watching the first episode of this. Every six minutes, on the dot, say "shouldn't we be seeing someone's tits about now" and amaze your friends with you ability to summon nudity to your TV on a whim.

Five have the rights for UK broadcast and it's....promising I think is the best way to describe it. It's fairly amusing though I never found it laugh out loud funny, and I do question how it'll be extended to an ongoing series, but worth checking out I think.

The sex calms down after episode three. And I laugh out loud  at least once an episode. It's great. My favourite new program of the year.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: Californication - David Duchovny (11/10/2007 10:02:51 PM)

Can't believe the announcer just said forget xxl thiursday (Itv2) and watch xxx thusday on five lol... if we're comparing my vote goes to Entourage but that's what we have +1 for on ITV2

beebs_ -> RE: Californication - David Duchovny (11/10/2007 10:17:53 PM)

Big DD fan too (think the icon gave it away). I'm US speeding it at the moment. I didn't really love the first two episodes. I did like David playing Hank though. Luckily it gets a whole lot better after they've gotten the boobies out the way in the first couple of eps.

Keep watching...

theoriginalcynic -> RE: Californication - David Duchovny (11/10/2007 10:47:28 PM)

It was a good pilot - loved the scene in the cinema - will see where it goes

Zaphod121 -> RE: Californication on Five (12/10/2007 1:07:18 PM)

Yeah that cinema scene was fantastic, loved it when he found out he fucked his ex-wife's (?) boyfriends daughter, that was hilarious, definitely gonna be sticking with this one, showtime has done it again.

beebs_ -> RE: Californication on Five (12/10/2007 4:59:41 PM)

Hee hee. I liked the cinema scene too. I really do like David in this role. But I do think that it takes a while for the writing to catch up with the potential of the character. But you guys are sticking around so that's cool.

Citizen Dildo -> RE: Californication on Five (13/10/2007 2:10:13 PM)

Wasnt the step daughter character Mia played by the same girl who was Dr Mark Green's daughter in ER????

If so it almost felt wrong watching that sex scene!  Almost......

Anyway, superb pilot, I'll definitely be watching next week.  Seems quite a leap for creator Tom Kapinos after Dawson's Creek.

beebs_ -> RE: Californication on Five (13/10/2007 2:14:54 PM)

The actress playing Mia is the sister of the actress who played the daughter of Dr. Green. [:)][:)]

Jack's Rage -> RE: Californication on Five (13/10/2007 10:50:22 PM)

Really funny stuff. The writing is razor sharp. And David Duchovny and his dead pan delivery is hillarious with "colorful language". There were several laugh-out-loud moments in the last ep I watched (pretty rare for TV these days). Although I must admit there were times where I mistook him for an R rated Fox Mulder. I could just imagine him retorting to Agent Skinner "...because you like the feel of my balls on your throat."[:D]

Mason Verger -> RE: Californication on Five (14/10/2007 2:19:44 PM)

Nine breasts, four sex acts, a naughty nun, David Duchovny's butt. And it's funny too.
    [sm=happy34.gif]

Bickle -> RE: Californication on Five (14/10/2007 9:21:25 PM)

I'm downloading it. It's fantastic so far.

Zaphod121 -> RE: Californication on Five (14/10/2007 9:37:27 PM)

Anybody know if it's been renewed for a second season? If it does get better like Beebs says then I wanna know they'll be more to come.

beebs_ -> RE: Californication on Five (14/10/2007 9:57:35 PM)

A second season has been commissioned.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Californication on Five (15/10/2007 8:30:29 PM)

Great show, very funny. I still can't see Duchovny as anyone else other than Mulder though. I almost always refer to him as Mulder instead of his real name. Probably the kind of thing that gets actors annoyed but hey, he was just so good as Mulder, what can I do? [:D]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Californication on Five (15/10/2007 8:44:26 PM)

Is this following the UK or US speed? Perhaps BobaJango could change the thread title to reflect whichever, so as to best avoid spoilers in the future... I've only seen the first episode that was on channel five (which is getting some good shows lately), so I want to avoid spoilers. I already know there'll be less boobies in the future, dammit! Considering the US tv networks (I'm guessing this is like HBO or something) are more likely to show people's arms getting blown off than half a breast, that surprised more than anything else about the show!

newbrunette -> RE: Californication on Five (15/10/2007 8:46:16 PM)

I was really impressed by the first episode and will definitely be tuning in for the next one.  Thought the relationship with the ex and his daughter was great too - he may be a nightmare when it comes to the ladies but you still see the complexity and humanity of his character in his scenes with them.

Plus, I laughed a good number of times.  Loved when he called the hubby of the "nun" women "K-fed"!

ilovebeerme -> RE: Californication on Five (16/10/2007 8:32:07 AM)

I watched a few episodes last night and really enjoyed it. It's funny, got plenty of nudity and Hank is pefect apathetic self loathing hero ('Apathy kills Hank!'Ö'I donít care')Definitely gets my vote for insult of the year with 'not only are you a cadaverous slut, but you also have shitty taste in movies'.

Dragar 11(New Birth) -> RE: Californication on Five (16/10/2007 4:02:37 PM)

Is it repeated at all I missed it.

jstarbuck -> RE: Californication on Five (17/10/2007 1:00:28 AM)

Episode 10 - ROTFLMFAO!!!! [image]http://forum.sfx.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif[/image]

OMG. O. M. G. Never did I think I'd see such a thing on US television. Or UK come to that. Brilliant

beebs_ -> RE: Californication on Five (17/10/2007 9:53:24 AM)

I don't think that episode 10 was as good as the last couple of eps. Back to boobies. Those scenes were just too much though! Oh boy! I just thought "David! What are you doing there!" I found it a bit predictable too. Just two more episodes to go...[:(]

Just wanted to add that my hate of Mia just grows and grows! Mentalist!

spark1 -> RE: Californication on Five (17/10/2007 12:21:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragar 11(New Birth)

Is it repeated at all I missed it.

5US is showing it again on freeview b4 2nd ep on 5 on thursday.

Bickle -> RE: Californication on Five (18/10/2007 8:15:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: beebs_

I don't think that episode 10 was as good as the last couple of eps. Back to boobies. Those scenes were just too much though! Oh boy! I just thought "David! What are you doing there!" I found it a bit predictable too. Just two more episodes to go...[:(]

Just wanted to add that my hate of Mia just grows and grows! Mentalist!

I loved it! I don't hate Mia for some reason, like everyone else [&:]

JV -> RE: Californication on Five (18/10/2007 8:50:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Is this following the UK or US speed? Perhaps BobaJango could change the thread title to reflect whichever, so as to best avoid spoilers in the future...

It's already called "Californication on Five".

And for those asking about repeats, it was also on Five US on errr Monday I think, might have been Tuesday. The beauty of that is that there is also Five US+1 for satellite viewers (not Freeview though, bahhh) so if you miss it on Five US you stand a good chance of catching it on the +1 channel.

Hartigan -> RE: Californication on Five (18/10/2007 10:40:45 PM)

Could we please stop the spoilers...I know nothing has really been said story wise but I really don't want to know what are good and bad episodes coming up.

Anyway I enjoyed Episode 2, annoyed at how short it was though. Hank throwing up was a laugh out loud moment for me.

beebs_ -> RE: Californication on Five (19/10/2007 12:55:43 AM)

Not really spoilers as you've said. You may have a different opinion to me so watch and enjoy. [:)]

Opinion: I don't like Mia. She creeps me out. She still does.
    Opinion: The boobies that they seem to love to flash throughout the show don't really help it. When they get away from that it's better.
    Fact: Hank throwing up made me laugh out loud too.

spark1 -> RE: Californication on Five (19/10/2007 12:12:45 PM)

'bill' was creepy killer in csi-miami so am not on his side.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
    6.445313E-02