RE: Brann Flake 0 - Everton 2!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

kenada_woo -> RE: Brann Flake 0 - Everton 2!!!! (13/2/2008 11:50:37 PM)

Another solid win on the road in the Uefa Cup!

Probably the longest feeling game I've watched in a while (felt like 3 hours).  Some rubbish football but when Osman (who was shite all game) banged one in, we were a different team and looked comfortable.

With a nice rest till the next game and about 2 weeks before our next Prem game against Manc City away we should have a full strength squad with Pienaar and Arteta back.

Things are looking up for us to hold that 4th (some say 3rd which aint gonna happen) spot.

Good stuff blues.[:D]

James2183 -> RE: Brann Flake 0 - Everton 2!!!! (14/2/2008 12:04:17 AM)

That second goal was a peach. Really glad Everton are doing well. Other than Villa, they are the one of the teams I consider to be my "second team" in the EPL even if I don't really have a first [:D]

cirdan -> RE: Brann Flake 0 - Everton 2!!!! (14/2/2008 2:45:36 AM)

i havent checked out this forum for a while, i was here the other day and noticed a thread on everton. makes a change, most sites have them on the usual clubs. i thought it was another decent performance last night. and to be honest they only looked like scoring if we made a mistake. and apart from a few times we looked very comfortable, except when we were a little indecisive when clearing from our own box. if we had a bit more urgency and pace we would have won by more, and all the room we had on the rightside with better quality we would have created more, but 2-0 away is fine. i just hope we have a go and dont just sit there thinking its all done next week, we need to keep this run going, and when the chances are there you need to take them.

i think vic may have been slightly offside but we are due one. and the build up was worthy of a goal. id like to see vic and vaughan given a run next week, with yak and aj on the bench. its still good watching the blues. coyb

Toby Monroe -> RE: Brann Flake 0 - Everton 2!!!! (14/2/2008 8:28:55 AM)

Jagielka - v good
Fernandes - bad

A decent show from Yakubu as well. He seems to be suited to the slightly slower pace of European football. He held the ball up well, and his distribution was verging on clinical at times.

Harry Lime -> RE: Brann Flake 0 - Everton 2!!!! (15/2/2008 8:40:53 PM)

Really pleased with the result Wednesday night. We started a little slow and their big guys gave us a few problems but we looked comfortable throughout, stuck to our passing game and got the result we wanted. Osman's goal was sweet and it was great to see our own super-sub Anichebe rack up another European goal. What a killer pass from Lescott to make it though!

Man of the match was definitely Jagielka again though. He's in fantastic form at the moment and with Lescott and Yobo alongside him our defence is looking extremely tough. I think we've only conceded one goal in the Premiership since New Year and that was our fourth clean sheet on the trot. We still need a right back I think though. Hibberts a good clubsman who will always do a job and, as much as I think that he was a great buy who brought experience to the side when we needed it, Phil Neville is not a long term solution. His distribution was awful on Wednesday night, incidently, and his crossing was worse.

Still, we did what we set out to do and have a two (away) goal advantage for the return leg at Goodison. Plus, with no FA Cup for us this weekend we have a chance to get Cahill rested, Arteta healed and Fernandes match fit in time for Thursday.

jay13 -> RE: Brann Flake 0 - Everton 2!!!! (15/2/2008 9:04:23 PM)

Don't forget Pienaar too, my Dad saw him in the MetQuarter on wednesday afternoon, but my old man is a red, so didn't get me an autograph :(

Carlito Brigante -> RE: Brann Flake 0 - Everton 2!!!! (16/2/2008 1:40:23 PM)

Great season so far...GO BLUES...

Harry Lime -> Yak Attack! (21/2/2008 10:16:25 PM)

[image]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44443000/jpg/_44443514_evertongoal_bodyjpg.jpg[/image]

Great performance! Great result!

Spectre -> RE: Yak Attack! (21/2/2008 10:44:51 PM)

Indeed it was. I'm a Villa fan, but although we are competing with Everton for the same sort of position in the table, I really enjoyed watching you play tonight. The opposition wasn't exactly stellar, but Moyes seems to have crafted a team that works exceptionally hard for the entire 90 minutes, and plays good, watchable football too. I honestly hope you go all the way in the competition. Of course, I won't be extending Everton the same courtesy when Villa make it into the UEFA Cup[;)], but until then, good luck.

Harry Lime -> RE: Yak Attack! (21/2/2008 11:00:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spectre

Indeed it was. I'm a Villa fan, but although we are competing with Everton for the same sort of position in the table, I really enjoyed watching you play tonight. The opposition wasn't exactly stellar, but Moyes seems to have crafted a team that works exceptionally hard for the entire 90 minutes, and plays good, watchable football too. I honestly hope you go all the way in the competition. Of course, I won't be extending Everton the same courtesy when Villa make it into the UEFA Cup[;)], but until then, good luck.

Well, hopefully we'll be in the Champions League by then... And then we'll share courtesies! [:D]

cirdan -> RE: Yak Attack! (22/2/2008 12:59:37 AM)

well another good result. strange game. normally with that sort of scoreline it should be more one sided, ok they were never going to win, but for a while they played quite well, and like the first leg had a few chances. i dont think we got out of 2nd gear, i think if we had to we could have been a lot more decisive. too many stray passes. im not sure what to make of fernandes, he seems to have this reputation and ability but in the few matches ive seen he has been on the edge of things, and last night he was quite sloppy and playing too deep, maybe he thought he was going to be the star of the team, i dont know.
i just hope we tighten up at the back for the next round, a better side would have taken those chances we gave them. but its still good watching everton at the moment, coyb

jay13 -> RE: Yak Attack! (22/2/2008 10:03:59 AM)

i missed AJ's first goal because the fool in front of me came back from buying his fat pie.

Glad i stayed right till the end to catch his second goal though, what a belter. Thoroughly deserved 2 goals for him, works so hard for the team.

and the Yak well 15 goals in 27 games says it all really.

heres the goals from last night if anyone missed them

http://efc1878.blogspot.com/search/label/highlights

kenada_woo -> RE: Yak Attack! (22/2/2008 6:48:17 PM)

It was terry's all gold last night.  Loved every minute of it.  Pienaar has to be bought after that performance - for a strange reason the minute he's comes back we're a completely different side, pass better, create more chances and he should've had a goal himself.  He set up most of the goals apart from AJ's who did all the work himself, his last goal was a stunner.

And as the saying goes "feed the Yak and he will score" and he did just that.

The big test comes up against Florentina next month to see how we've progressed and how good we really are.

kenada_woo -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (25/2/2008 10:59:48 PM)

Am I the only one posting here?  Where are you blue boys!

Another win against a Man City side who have lost on 2 games at home all season, one agasint Arsenal the other against us [:D]

Yakubu got a tap in from great work by Cahill and the big man --

[image]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44450000/jpg/_44450867_lescott270pa.jpg[/image]

-- Stuck his mighty sweade on the ball to make it 2-0 (his 8th this season) and game over it was.

Oh and we hit the bar and had 2 clear penalty's and one stupid hand ball by Micha Richards (his second of the night, and no yellow card) that was 50/50 in the box or not, and a rocket shot by Carsley that made Joe Hart stay on his toes.

City had boat loads of possesion but didnt have one single clear shot on goal with Howard making comfortable saves and Jags, Yobo, Lescott and Hibbert all fighting away to keep a clean sheet.

Petrov got himself sent off for kicking out at Osman (who really didnt know much about it) but should've seen red for kicking out at Yakubu 2 minutes before hand.

Overall, we're back to 4th with a home game against Pompey on Sunday. 

Come on you blues!!!!!!!!

jay13 -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (25/2/2008 11:25:35 PM)

you're not the only one mate, there are a couple of us now :D

Great game tonight, can't remember the full stats but it was something like 20 attempts on goal for city and 18 for us, although City dominated the beginning of the 2nd half, it opened up the opportunity for us to break. Then the game was vvery open

Some smart saves from both keepers, especially Hart with Carsley quickly taken free kick.

Thought it was a bit harsh on  Petrov to be honest, 3rd minute of extra time and goes and gets sent off, shoulda have been a booking for the kick out at Yakubu, but the ref could have let the Osman one slide.

Jagielka again another solid performance, no nonsense does his job and looks sturdier every game, will be tough for places when Baines gets back to full fitness.

Also the City player Castillo looked lively when he came on, one to watch for the future i think.

kenada_woo -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (25/2/2008 11:31:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jay13

you're not the only one mate, there are a couple of us now :D

Great game tonight, can't remember the full stats but it was something like 20 attempts on goal for city and 18 for us, although City dominated the beginning of the 2nd half, it opened up the opportunity for us to break. Then the game was vvery open

Some smart saves from both keepers, especially Hart with Carsley quickly taken free kick.

Thought it was a bit harsh on  Petrov to be honest, 3rd minute of extra time and goes and gets sent off, shoulda have been a booking for the kick out at Yakubu, but the ref could have let the Osman one slide.

Jagielka again another solid performance, no nonsense does his job and looks sturdier every game, will be tough for places when Baines gets back to full fitness.

Also the City player Castillo looked lively when he came on, one to watch for the future i think.

I agree, Castillo looked very cheeky from some clips I've seen of him, but we dont have to play agasint him for the rest of the season so no worries.

Yeah, the sending off was harsh but Rob Styles is a Ref that books you on previous challenges to let the game flow better.  He let the Yakubu one go but thought a straight red will do for doing it again.  Saying that, he did have a shocker giving nothing fouls for either sides and when in christ name will we get a penalty this season?  Does someone have to be shot at point blank range or something?

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (26/2/2008 9:29:13 AM)

Is there a conspiracy against Everton though?  I can remeber any side having clear cut penalties not given for them.  Liverpool are 4 goals in front and I can distinctly remember 5 penalties that were stonewallers.  Two of them against Liverpool.

kaner316 -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (26/2/2008 10:18:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Is there a conspiracy against Everton though? 

on behalf of everyone at Anfield, i'd like to present Bob with this

[image]http://3dsmodels.com/models/spoon/spoon_2s.jpg[/image]

the ceremonial golden spoon award for outstanding achievements in the field of shit stirring....[:D]

just kidding Bob [;)]

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (26/2/2008 10:31:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaner316

quote:

Is there a conspiracy against Everton though? 

on behalf of everyone at Anfield, i'd like to present Bob with this

[image]http://3dsmodels.com/models/spoon/spoon_2s.jpg[/image]

the ceremonial golden spoon award for outstanding achievements in the field of shit stirring....[:D]

just kidding Bob [;)]

[:D]

there is a point to answer though without getting into the whole Hysel bollocks.
This season why haven't Everton been given one of these stone wall penalties.  Wasn't it the same last year with Johnson not getting decsions?

I just think this is Evertons last chance to break the top 4 for a fair few years. There were unlucky last time in their qualifying draw and if they don't get in this time you would say Liverpool along with Spurs', Villa and Man City's spending will ensure they aren't up there again for a while.  As you don't have the backing of these clubs you need to get into the Champions League to release the 50 Million they will also be spending.

kaner316 -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (26/2/2008 11:12:26 AM)

i think with regards to the Johnson incidents, there is a hangover from that period when it was believed he went down very easily in the box, especially at Palace. it could be that reputation has followed him and still lingers in the mind of refs.

Now, before the Toffees have a go at me, i know it's down to the way he plays, his pace and direct running mean that he's going to get clattered more often than not, and that he's worked on that side of his game. But honestly, without having seen too much of Everton this season, they have been unlucky, and even I'll hold my hands up and say we robbed them at Goodison earlier in the season.

i think, just like us, Everton need to sort out their stadium situation asap. as a club, they seem to have a strong basis for development, as opposed to both City and Villa who had to undergo large (and expensive) overhauls to get them where they are. After a few years of yoyo-ing up and down the division, they have settled into a tough, tight squad with a good work ethic. the new stadium could be the catalyst for them to kick on.
hopefully not at our expense though...

Harry Lime -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (26/2/2008 12:49:22 PM)

It is becoming extremely tedious. Reputation or not, a referee should be close enough to the incident to be able to judge without prejudice. He should be seeing the challenge and not just seeing someone go down and taking a second look at the player at the player before he blows his whistle. We were denied a point at Liverpool because Clattenburg cheated and only come away with a point at Blackburn because the referee missed a stonewall penalty where the player not only didn't even play for the ball but but wildy connected with Johnsons thigh!!! That was even more disgusting than the "offside" goal that Johnson scored. Had we converted those penalties (a big if of course) that would have given us five extra points that would have not only levelled us with Chelsea in 3rd place and also put us ten points ahead of L:iverpool.

Oh well. What is done is done and we really can't complain about either our form or our position. We're sitting three points clear in fourth place with a good goal difference, we're unbeaten in the Premiership in 2008 and have only conceded one league goal in the same time! And that was an OG. Last night we were efficient, clinical and strong. 2 v 0 away at Manchester City is no mean feat. We've just got to sustain this form now for the run in, starting at Portsmouth on Sunday and then away to both Sunderland and Fulham in the weeks following. That's a tough run of games but I believe we have the strength and confidence and form to keep us ahead of the chasing pack.

Oh, and if Jolean Lescott doesn't get a sniff at the Premiership team of the year at the end of the season it will be a disgrace.

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (26/2/2008 2:03:00 PM)

I think you need to be looking at maximum points from Portsmouth (h), Sunderland,  Fulham and West Ham (h) going into the derby.

Liverpool have Man Utd away just before that fixture and it might see a draw being good enough for you.

clownfoot -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (26/2/2008 5:00:35 PM)

Is Leon Osman English? I'm hoping if he is Fabio's been watching and scribbled a couple of notes down... 

Toby Monroe -> RE: Man City 0 - Everton 2!!!! (26/2/2008 5:09:35 PM)

Yeah. So is Phil Nikodem Jagielka.

Spectre -> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey (2/3/2008 6:53:32 PM)

Enjoyable game today from a neutral perspective (well as neutral as a Villa fan can be at this stage of the season.) Everton were dominant throughout really and were good value for their win. Pompey's goal was completely against the run of play, and apart from a good spell at the beginning of the second half they never really placed your defence under too much pressure. Yakubu was excellent today. I can remember one misplaced pass and one heavy touch which gave away possession, but he gave Sol Campbell a torrid time and deserved his brace. He used his strength well, and although Campbell's error created the opening for the second, he still did well to put it past James.

jonson -> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey (3/3/2008 1:43:38 PM)

I think the last time I stuck my head in here it was to comment on Everton being a dull team. I'd like to rescind that now as I've enjoyed watching them whenever I've seen them play. Moyes has done a remarkable job.

Ahem.

My reason for being here today is Tim Cahill's goal celebration yesterday. Now aparently as long as it doesn't cause offence or the referee deems it to be an abusive gesture, there's not a problem. I'm sure that political views are also frowned upon (I'm sure it was Robbie Fowler who got a bollocking for wearing a scouse/fireman T-shirt many years ago - can't remember exactly what the cause was...)
Now my thought is that this is surely offensive to the victim of his brother's attack? The guy was left partially blinded after being kicked in the head twice by Cahill's brother. Personally I don't think it's very clever to "dedicate" a goal to someone like that which seems to be what Cahill was doing. It's neither funny either.
Anyway, to sum up I used to be a big fan of Cahill. Great player and all but I can't help thinking now that he's a complete twat.

theram05 -> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey (3/3/2008 1:55:40 PM)

An Aussie with a criminal relative or background, shock..........!

[:D]

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey (3/3/2008 1:57:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

My reason for being here today is Tim Cahill's goal celebration yesterday. Now aparently as long as it doesn't cause offence or the referee deems it to be an abusive gesture, there's not a problem. I'm sure that political views are also frowned upon (I'm sure it was Robbie Fowler who got a bollocking for wearing a scouse/fireman T-shirt many years ago - can't remember exactly what the cause was...)

Dockers wasn't it?
quote:

Now my thought is that this is surely offensive to the victim of his brother's attack? The guy was left partially blinded after being kicked in the head twice by Cahill's brother. Personally I don't think it's very clever to "dedicate" a goal to someone like that which seems to be what Cahill was doing. It's neither funny either.
Anyway, to sum up I used to be a big fan of Cahill. Great player and all but I can't help thinking now that he's a complete twat.

I'm with you on this one.

What do you Blue noses think about Moyes contract talk being delayed till the end of the season?  Personally I wouldn't be too worried but I think Everton are the ones in a strong postition, after all where is he likely to go.

Rinc -> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey (3/3/2008 2:02:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Dockers wasn't it?

Yes indeed:

[image]http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/images/Robbie100_300x200.jpg[/image]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey (3/3/2008 2:08:15 PM)

I agree with Jonson and will be disappointed if Everton don't fine him.

His brother carried out a viscious assault and then left his victim semi-conscious and bleeding heavily. 

Can't see that Everton or the FA will want GBH to look like something football condones. 

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI