RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Toby Monroe -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (18/9/2012 12:09:19 PM)

We wuz robbed.

And this nearly melted my molybdenum heart.
[image]http://www.kckrs.com/wp-content/uploads/everton_mascots_96.png[/image]

Harry Lime -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (22/9/2012 11:47:29 PM)

Great away victory against Swansea today. Fellaini looked immense again (although he did handle the ball in the build up to the opener), Anichebe looked strong, Mirallas looked sharp and I can't think of a better left-sided partnership than Baines and Pienaar in the Premiership at the moment. It's also great to see Coleman back after a bad injury last season.

All in all, a very good day. Second in the league, albeit for one night only, with our next three fixtures at home to Southampton followed by trips to Wigan and QPR. All tough games but we should be targeting at least seven points minimum from that little run.

Leeds Utd up next in the League Cup on Tuesday though. Elland Road is never an easy place to visit and I reckon this tie has "upset" written all over it. However, I'd like to think that we have enough spirit and confidence running through the squad to book our place in the next round.

directorscut -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (23/9/2012 12:04:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime
All in all, a very good day. Second in the league, albeit for one night only, with our next three fixtures at home to Southampton followed by trips to Wigan and QPR. All tough games but we should be targeting at least seven points minimum from that little run.

I predict you'll get at least seven points easily. [image]http://www.empireonline.com/forum/micons/m6.gif[/image]

Saltire -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (24/9/2012 10:54:16 PM)

Everton are indeed looking tasty so far this season, they might just be a threat for that fourth place come the end.

Harry Lime -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (26/9/2012 8:48:52 AM)

quote:

Leeds Utd up next in the League Cup on Tuesday though. Elland Road is never an easy place to visit and I reckon this tie has "upset" written all over it. However, I'd like to think that we have enough spirit and confidence running through the squad to book our place in the next round.

Well I did say that the Leeds Utd match had upset written all over it! [sm=rolleyes10.gif]

Not much else to say, really. An unacceptable performance and an embarrassing result. Yes, they rested some key players (Howard, Jagielka, Baines, Osman) but there were still enough regulars in the side to negate this as an excuse. It seems that we were punished for our complacency and lack of focus. Hopefully Moyes will fire a proverbial rocket up their collective arseholes before Saturday.

Harry Lime -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (29/9/2012 9:49:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

I predict you'll get at least seven points easily. [image]http://www.empireonline.com/forum/micons/m6.gif[/image]

Thanks DC but, as an Everton fan, pessimism is an inherent and instinctive defence mechanism... So I'll only be confident about it after it happens! [:D]

Still, another good win against a spirited Southampton today. It took a wee while to shake off the cobwebs following our Capital One Cup capitulation but, by all accounts, once Osman equalised there was only going to be one winner. Smashing to see Jelavic back in the goal-scoring groove and I think Mirallas is looking like another astute Moyes purchase. Plus, Fellaini has continued the form that seems to have transformed from enigmatic yellow card magnet into a mighty-haired monster of a support striker. He does need to work on his finishing though!

Still, second in the table after six games was beyond anybody at Goodison's imagination before the season started. We need to keep the momentum up. When we are firing on all cylinders, we can compete with anybody. However, as shown at Elland Road, if we drop our level we will very quickly find ourselves back the chasing pack!

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (21/10/2012 4:02:42 PM)

First chance for me to see Everton this season. I apologise in advance if that puts the mockers on them.

OMG it did [:)]

Toby Monroe -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (10/3/2013 8:52:51 PM)

Moyes out!

jediwarrior -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (11/3/2013 9:45:42 AM)

10 More Years!!

directorscut -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (9/5/2013 2:45:46 PM)

Who to replace Moyes?

Rafa?

Goodfella -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (9/5/2013 3:30:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Who to replace Moyes?

Rafa?

Laudrup would be an excellent appointment if they could tempt him away from Swansea.

Wouldn't go after Martinez personally but sounds like he could be in the running, Martin Jol did a good, unrewarded job at Spurs and has done well at Fulham too, he's someone I think who could suit Everton.

jediwarrior -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (9/5/2013 4:25:02 PM)

Mark Hughes says he wants the job. [:D]

Goodfella -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (9/5/2013 4:28:49 PM)

Martin Jol has reportedly told Fulham he wants to leave the clue due to a lack of funds.

Interesting...

directorscut -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (9/5/2013 4:32:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Mark Hughes says he wants the job. [:D]

Absolutely shameless how he was pimping himself out for the job.

quote:

Martin Jol has reportedly told Fulham he wants to leave the clue due to a lack of funds.

Fulham's form has been woeful recently.

I think he's an okay manager but you could get a younger manager for less who would do at least as good a job.

If they want a manager with experience they should go for Rafa (unless he goes to Madrid), it would be a real statement of ambition to go for a manager who would the CL.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (9/5/2013 4:35:34 PM)

Jol
Martinez
Hughes
Laudrop

All these guys could do a good job at Everton but minor Hughes all these Managers are under contract and are at similar clubs interms of Transfer limitations.Unless of course Everton sell big.

Goodfella -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (9/5/2013 4:46:12 PM)

quote:

Fulham's form has been woeful recently.

I think he's an okay manager but you could get a younger manager for less who would do at least as good a job.

If they want a manager with experience they should go for Rafa (unless he goes to Madrid), it would be a real statement of ambition to go for a manager who would the CL.

They've had a poor run of results recently in the League but 11th again for a club their size and with their tiny budget is, again, impressive, especially when you look at who's below them in the League, they do it in year in, year out, you cannot expect the impossible from a club with limitations like them.

I always felt he was harshly treated at Spurs and I think Everton will be able to present him with more options and a larger budget, and he seems a fit for them.

Everton are a very well-run club. I think they'll take their time and make the right appointment.

matty_b -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (9/5/2013 5:17:37 PM)

Yeah, Benitez, why not?

I mean, he's at a club where his own supporters hate him because of his job at a previous club, I can totally see him rocking up at Goodison Park -

Oh.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (9/5/2013 5:34:32 PM)

I don't know why anyone would leave Fulham, The boss gets a lot of support and money with relatively little pressure. Its a gem of a job.

Going to Everton we know has risks. Its Moyes' squad, can you inherit that and take it over as you will get very little money to add your own players. Funds are tight and the team is considered to punch above its weight, can you really improve on a top 6-8 finish each season? What if the team is bought, would a new owner bring in their own manager, etc. So I can see the appeal to Martinez, but imo Laudrup and Jol are better off where they are.

Saltire -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (10/5/2013 12:48:29 AM)

Joe Royle again anyone?

ElephantBoy -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (10/5/2013 2:46:20 PM)

Jol is a good manager but I don't know if he quite fits the Everton mould.

It might be a bit soon for Lundrup given the size of Everton compared to Swansea, but he is looking a excellent manager.

Hugues is looking more overated all the time.

Martinez would be my choice, think he has done enough at Wigan to suggest that he is ready for a step up and his style of football and forward thinking natural would work well at Everton.

If he was free I might suggest O'Neill but I think he has been hurt by the Sunderland experience.

Toby Monroe -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (10/5/2013 7:45:53 PM)

My thoughts recently have been; 'Gary Speed, what a shame' and 'Mark Hughes, what a cunt.'

Seen as Speed is no more, id quite like that fella from Porto. A bit of sexy Iberian soccerball is just we need after a decade of stifling Scotch sloggathons.

Saltire -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (10/5/2013 8:26:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Monroe

My thoughts recently have been; 'Gary Speed, what a shame' and 'Mark Hughes, what a cunt.'

Seen as Speed is no more, id quite like that fella from Porto. A bit of sexy Iberian soccerball is just we need after a decade of stifling Scotch sloggathons.

You'll not be happy that Malky MacKay has been linked heavily then? [;)]

Rinc -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (11/5/2013 9:52:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Martinez would be my choice, think he has done enough at Wigan to suggest that he is ready for a step up and his style of football and forward thinking natural would work well at Everton.

He's used to selling his best players every season so he should be good fit. [:)]

ElephantBoy -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (18/5/2013 1:20:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

He's used to selling his best players every season so he should be good fit. [:)]

Yes and for a profit so they can replace them. I know you joking, but just thought I would add that.

Rinc -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (27/5/2013 10:51:51 PM)

I hope you're happy Harry, I hope you're happy.

directorscut -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (27/5/2013 11:17:29 PM)

I can't help but feel Everton have missed a trick now that Rafa's gone to Napoli.

Harry Lime -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (27/5/2013 11:18:09 PM)

[:D]

I'm very happy, Rinc, my friend. Even happier that you have chosen the true club badge... Not the horrific bastardisation being thrust upon us from next neason!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22679092

It doesn't look like a crest. It looks like a beer mat.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Everton FC 2012-13 (3/6/2013 12:59:53 PM)

Some people have too much time on their hands[:D]

Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI