Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Peppermint -> Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 11:41:54 AM)

I just thought I'd do this in case there's anyone else that hasn't seen it already as the new series starts tonight on BBC 2 at 9pm and continues on Sunday at 9pm [:)]

elab49 -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 1:22:31 PM)

That did slightly confuse me - I assumed at first that one was a repeat and was trying to work out from Radio Times how this Sunday was epi 2!

Deviation -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 2:26:08 PM)

I loved Rome, possibly just as good as Band of Brothers, but the last minutes of the last episode were one of the frustrating things ever. So I am very eager for season2. Shame I don't have BBC2. [:(]

Timon -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 2:27:37 PM)

You don't have BBC2?! Are you Armish?

Peppermint -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 2:28:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

You don't have BBC2?! Are you Armish?

That's what I was wondering [:D]

Mozza -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 3:23:59 PM)

Brilliant.  I friggin love Rome.  Until we have some new quotes, let us remember all the brilliant Pullo-isms:

"I tell you, the surest way to please a woman is with the warm, beating heart of her enemy.  They say they don't like it, but they do!"

troublemakerashleigh -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 3:27:35 PM)

I love Pullo when he took Octavian to the Brothel "How much? She'd better f**k like Helen of Troy with her arse on fire!"

And Attia, I fab, such a bitch, I loved her sending the neked gift wrapped slave to Servilia, "Nonsense, every woman appreciates the gift of a slave with a large penis"[sm=happy07.gif]

Hurrah for Season 2!!

Peppermint -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 3:29:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: troublemakerashleigh

I love Pullo when he took Octavian to the Brothel "How much? She'd better f**k like Helen of Troy with her arse on fire!"

And Attia, I fab, such a bitch, I loved her sending the neked gift wrapped slave to Servilia, "Nonsense, every woman appreciates the gift of a slave with a large penis"[sm=happy07.gif]

Hurrah for Season 2!!

Ahem, less of the spoilers, if you don't mind [:D]

That is if you were talking about series 2, if not, move along, there's nothing to see [:D]

Mozza -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 3:32:40 PM)

quote:

Hurrah for Season 2!!

"A thousand? I could have half the whores in Nabo for that price, and their mothers!"

troublemakerashleigh -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 3:33:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

quote:

Hurrah for Season 2!!

Ahem, less of the spoilers, if you don't mind [:D]

That is if you were talking about series 2, if not, move along, there's nothing to see [:D]

No thats season 1, I'm not that much of a dumb blonde!!!

Peppermint -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 3:33:58 PM)

I did say move along, there's nothing to see [:D]

Mozza -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 3:35:07 PM)

Good to see modding hasn't scrambled your brain any...

[sm=tongueout.gif]

Sumintelligentguy -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 3:43:06 PM)

cant wait for it tonight

mafyou -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 3:59:06 PM)

Oh people who have seen it better not spoil it. Although, having studied this stuff this year i kind of know what "should" happen anyway. Still, i can't wait.

Sumintelligentguy -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 10:22:12 PM)

first episode was great! loved it!

apart from pullos constant use of brother - if the screenwriters were trying continue vorenus andpullo's bond, perhaps only saying it once would have been better.

mafyou -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (20/6/2007 10:32:52 PM)

Haha yeah i know what you mean. I just wanted to hear the speeches at Caesar's funeral!

Peppermint -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 10:46:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sumintelligentguy

apart from pullos constant use of brother - if the screenwriters were trying continue vorenus andpullo's bond, perhaps only saying it once would have been better.

Yeah, that was exaggerated a bit, but I suppose they're thinking of those idiots that start watching a series from halfway through, as it were.

I also thought it was unlikely that Lorcan Cranitch's character had done what he said he had to Vorenus's family*

*I won't say, in case someone missed it.

Timon -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 10:52:39 AM)

THIRTEEN!

That is all.

troublemakerashleigh -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 11:05:20 AM)

I loved the exchanges between Attia and Mark Anthony. Purefoy's brilliant, they all are but he's really great

Dark Knight -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 2:31:59 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yeah, that was exaggerated a bit, but I suppose they're thinking of those idiots that start watching a series from halfway through, as it were.

I also thought it was unlikely that Lorcan Cranitch's character had done what he said he had to Vorenus's family*

*I won't say, in case someone missed it.

I agree agree that he was lying * POSSIBLE SPOILERS* realising his fate anyway and wanting to torment Vorenus further.

Sumintelligentguy -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 4:45:06 PM)

that was actualy a moment of pure brilliance copied from gladiator.

though with different consequences.

Shaunette_ofthe_Dead -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 4:57:36 PM)

I really loved the opening episode! And is it wrong to really, really fancy Purefoy..? [:)]

"Jump on" - don't mind if I do.....[:D]

Mozza -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 4:59:15 PM)

Only if it's wrong to fancy Atia.

Shaunette_ofthe_Dead -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 5:01:18 PM)

I won't judge you if you won't judge me
[:D]

troublemakerashleigh -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 5:19:04 PM)

Theres very few men in their mid-40's who can happily take their kit off and have that underneath!

Peppermint -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 5:25:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

I really loved the opening episode! And is it wrong to really, really fancy Purefoy..? [:)]

That seems perfectly reasonable to me [:D]

Not that he's the only reason I watch it, you understand.

Shaunette_ofthe_Dead -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 6:40:27 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

That seems perfectly reasonable to me [:D]

Not that he's the only reason I watch it, you understand.

No, no, of course not.....[sm=whistle.gif]

[image]http://jamespurefoy.us/rome-gallery/romes1-4-gallery/rs1ep4-062.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.canvas.be/canvas_master/programmas/rome/c_rome_fotoshow_antonius/c_rome_antoniusgroot02.jpg[/image]

[image]http://jamespurefoy.us/rome-gallery/romes1-4-gallery/rs1ep4-072.jpg[/image]

But it's the plot and characterisation that I watch it for, nothing else. [sm=angel.gif]

Sumintelligentguy -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 7:21:12 PM)

quote:

Theres very few men in their mid-40's who can happily take their kit off and have that underneath!

unlike stallone

i remmeber in season one when were say him with ALL hi kit off - not a pretty sight, well perhaps for the ladies.

loved it when mark anthony said, 'im not leavng this bed till i get fucked'

that whole scene was really good, the whole banter with atia and mark anthony was wkd

cnt wait till sunday.

troublemakerashleigh -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (21/6/2007 7:41:17 PM)

Yeah The banter with those two has been good since the first season when he called her 'a wicked old harpee' ha! I think it'll just get better. The writing on both series is brilliant, it's a very well produced show

Shaunette_ofthe_Dead -> RE: Rome series 2 BBC 2 thread (22/6/2007 11:04:52 AM)

quote:

quote:

i remmeber in season one when were say him with ALL hi kit off - not a pretty sight, well perhaps for the ladies.

I was fine with that....[;)]

I love how Atia was persuaded to stay in Rome by her son; "If Caesar's will stands, you're mother to the richest man in Rome. If it doesn't, that honour goes to Servilia."

I just adore how devious Atia is!

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI