RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (8/10/2013 7:26:00 PM)

[:D]

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Hanging around on FB EDL pages having fun reading people weep and cry sacrilege about Tommy Robinson and co stepping down and away from the party....... and stumbled across the EDL Sikh Division. Really perplexed by it all.

[image]http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/image-7-for-new-chris-morris-film-four-lions-gallery-450488559.jpg[/image]

indysgill -> RE: What are you thinking......... (8/10/2013 8:28:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

[:D]

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Hanging around on FB EDL pages having fun reading people weep and cry sacrilege about Tommy Robinson and co stepping down and away from the party....... and stumbled across the EDL Sikh Division. Really perplexed by it all.

[image]http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/image-7-for-new-chris-morris-film-four-lions-gallery-450488559.jpg[/image]

I dont get it either.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/10/2013 9:15:51 AM)

So, Mark 'Chopper' Read is dead.

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/10/2013 11:49:40 AM)

Looks like I'll be having an operation on my wrist before too long (well "too long" being in context, this issue's been going on for nearly 5 years), hopefully that'll sort things, or at least it'll show the problem in more detail.

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/10/2013 12:00:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Looks like I'll be having an operation on my wrist before too long (we,, "too long" being in context, this issue's been going on for nearly 5 years), hopefully that'll sort things, or at least it'll show the problem in more detail.

I'd be annoyed if it was my stroke wrist playing up.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/10/2013 1:16:17 PM)

quote:

Looks like I'll be having an operation on my wrist before too long (well "too long" being in context, this issue's been going on for nearly 5 years), hopefully that'll sort things, or at least it'll show the problem in more detail.

Can I ask what it is? It's an option on the table for me for De Quervain's (and the tendonitis) but they're not overly convincing on the success rate of it. Wheres my dad has the finger equivalent of tennis elbow and has just been put forward for an operation on that that's apparently generally successful.

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/10/2013 2:05:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

Can I ask what it is? It's an option on the table for me for De Quervain's (and the tendonitis) but they're not overly convincing on the success rate of it. Wheres my dad has the finger equivalent of tennis elbow and has just been put forward for an operation on that that's apparently generally successful.

Not gonna lie, your questioned was the trigger to actually read the information sheet I've been given [:D]

It's an arthroscopy I'm having. They're going to make 4 small incisions on my wrist, stick a small telescope in there to have a look around, and carry out any surgical work that might need doing whilst they're looking. Doesn't sound like a very big deal, apparently it should only take about 20 minutes or so.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 12:29:12 AM)

One of our kittens died today [:(] On one hand I'm fucking furious and considering spending my upcoming summer waiting out the front of my house with a beer and a shovel and killing any snake I see, and on the other I'm very sad because he was so damn young (around 5 months old). I guess the worst of it was waking up this morning to find him half paralysed and moaning in my room [&o] R.I.P. Banjo, love ya little buddy.

Scott_ -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 12:30:39 AM)

Dude....Sorry man, that's fucking awful. [:(]

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 12:42:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

One of our kittens died today [:(] On one hand I'm fucking furious and considering spending my upcoming summer waiting out the front of my house with a beer and a shovel and killing any snake I see, and on the other I'm very sad because he was so damn young (around 5 months old). I guess the worst of it was waking up this morning to find him half paralysed and moaning in my room [&o] R.I.P. Banjo, love ya little buddy.

I'm more of a dog person but that is fucking heartbreaking, sir. : (

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 12:43:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Dude....Sorry man, that's fucking awful. [:(]

Thanks mate [&o] I'm just glad I heard him and we took him to the vets rather than him suffering without us knowing.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I'm more of a dog person but that is fucking heartbreaking, sir. : (

Thanks MC, true to his nature (his nickname was the tiger cub) he put up a hell of a fight for a tiny little cat.

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 12:50:32 AM)

Sorry mate, that's absolutely horrible. Poor little guy.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 12:58:05 AM)

Thanks rawls, I'm scared at the fact it's not even Summer here and the snakes are already out in full force. Hopefully with this sad moment, we'll be more vigilant with our other pets.

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 1:00:06 AM)

quote:

Thanks rawls, I'm scared at the fact it's not even Summer here and the snakes are already out in full force. Hopefully with this sad moment, we'll be more vigilant with our other pets.

Get a mongoose?

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 1:06:46 AM)

quote:

quote:

Get a mongoose?

Whatever works really, I'm more then willing to just stand out the front of my house with a shovel and stare into the neighbouring paddock Clint Eastwood style for the entire summer if need be.

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 1:09:03 AM)

Nuke the snake from orbit. Only way to be sure.

Last year, one of mum's dogs got into a pretty vicious fight with two other bigger dogs from next door. I can certainly understand the urge to do harm to the animals who seriously injured to a defenceless creature.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: What are you thinking......... (10/10/2013 1:16:05 AM)

quote:

Nuke the snake from orbit. Only way to be sure.

Last year, one of mum's dogs got into a pretty vicious fight with two other bigger dogs from next door. I can certainly understand the urge to do harm to the animals who seriously injured to a defenceless creature.

Or an army of mongeese at the ready 24/7.

I'm usually not that angry about this kind of thing, I just really hate fucking snakes. And not in an Indy kind of way, I mean I detest the pricks.

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (12/10/2013 4:30:26 PM)

I've been emailed a Job Offer! Who knew that without any experience in the field I could be offered a job with no interview, no application, that pays 27,000+ a year, with commission and benefits!! They even found my CV on a website I haven't even uploaded my CV too, how efficient!

Thank you lady with the company email address ending in @gmail.com! [sm=w00t.gif]

[image]http://i.imgur.com/JQpldPU.gif[/image]

Scott_ -> RE: What are you thinking......... (12/10/2013 4:32:13 PM)

HEY! I got the same offer too! See you in the office buddy!

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (12/10/2013 11:19:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

HEY! I got the same offer too! See you in the office buddy!

[image]http://browsingthemind.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/business-high-five.gif[/image]

I'm tempted to respond...

"Thank you very much for your generous offer, it was a most unexpected pleasure. I believe however, that the CV you possess might be out of date, please accept this updated copy for your records

My CV Link (Click)."

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (13/10/2013 11:37:42 AM)

I'm hoping this gets a showing near me.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/dearmrwatterson/#videos-large

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (13/10/2013 6:05:18 PM)

Said goodbye to my brother just now. He's moving to France tomorrow. It's not far, I know, but me and my brother are bestmates. We hang out together pretty much 24/7. And he's always been there for me, but more especially this year with all the hospital and doctor surgery trips.

I'm in absolute bits. I'm going to be lost without him. [:(]

jonson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/10/2013 9:05:52 AM)

So I'm leaving work on Friday, just sitting in my car when Bang Bang Bang on the side window,
To cut a long story short, there was this 24 year old Indian lad, stark bollock naked apart from a pair of pants, looking petrified in the cold rain, screaming to me to let him in as "they are coming".
After about 10 seconds of deliberating, I opened the door. Turns out the Police had raided the Indian restaurant down the road looking for illegal immigrants. And he was one of them.
So there's the moral dilemma. While half of me would chuck every illegal out without a single consideration, here was a frightened young lad, sat in my car, begging me to take him to his brother's restaurant (there are 3 owned by the same guy)
My softness gave way. We passed the police outside the restaurant, as my passenger cried for me to keep driving.
To cut a long story short, he said he'd been here 5 years (although his English was awful) and his Visa had ran out 2 months previously (probably bullshit but there you go)
So as I dropped him off, I followed him inside (besides he was wearing my coat and at this stage I didn't know still if I was being set up) there were a lot of sheepish looking Indian guys standing around, I half expected the door to be shut behind me and be served up as a lamb starter later that night, but his "brother" was very thankful for what I'd done, offered me free food and 20 in petrol.
I declined both (I have a good heart believe it or not) made them aware I had broken the law myself, told him to sort his staff out and get them legal and I'd be back in a month with the police to check. Not that I will, but he didn't know that.
To top it off, I'm driving home, now about an hour and a half after I'd left work, when my youngest rings me to see if I'd "pick up an Indian" on the way home.
I nearly crashed my car [:D]

Sinatra -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/10/2013 10:39:16 AM)

Lol, I thought you were serious for a moment there...

sharkboy -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/10/2013 10:43:07 AM)

Another Monday, another day of traffic chaos as the main motorway into Belfast is closed due to suspect devices. A reminder of the bad old days, when this was a weekly occurrence. Lets hope the security forces can nip this in the bud with a few arrests later.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

To top it off, I'm driving home, now about an hour and a half after I'd left work, when my youngest rings me to see if I'd "pick up an Indian" on the way home.

[sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif]

Thanks for that, you've just brightened up a miserable Monday morning!

jonson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/10/2013 12:05:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Lol, I thought you were serious for a moment there...

I am being serious. It happened exactly as I just said. It was quite surreal.
When I got down the pub finally (at about 9.30pm) everyone asked where I had been, and the looks I got when I said "I've just been helping an illegal immigrant evade the police" was brilliant. [:D]

Chief -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/10/2013 2:02:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

So I'm leaving work on Friday, just sitting in my car when Bang Bang Bang on the side window,
To cut a long story short, there was this 24 year old Indian lad, stark bollock naked apart from a pair of pants, looking petrified in the cold rain, screaming to me to let him in as "they are coming".
After about 10 seconds of deliberating, I opened the door. Turns out the Police had raided the Indian restaurant down the road looking for illegal immigrants. And he was one of them.
So there's the moral dilemma. While half of me would chuck every illegal out without a single consideration, here was a frightened young lad, sat in my car, begging me to take him to his brother's restaurant (there are 3 owned by the same guy)
My softness gave way. We passed the police outside the restaurant, as my passenger cried for me to keep driving.
To cut a long story short, he said he'd been here 5 years (although his English was awful) and his Visa had ran out 2 months previously (probably bullshit but there you go)
So as I dropped him off, I followed him inside (besides he was wearing my coat and at this stage I didn't know still if I was being set up) there were a lot of sheepish looking Indian guys standing around, I half expected the door to be shut behind me and be served up as a lamb starter later that night, but his "brother" was very thankful for what I'd done, offered me free food and 20 in petrol.
I declined both (I have a good heart believe it or not) made them aware I had broken the law myself, told him to sort his staff out and get them legal and I'd be back in a month with the police to check. Not that I will, but he didn't know that.

"and that, officer, is why I've ended up with this naked boy in my car, I had no idea he was a rent boy"

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/10/2013 6:29:46 PM)

That only works once or so Jonson has told me in the past.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (15/10/2013 8:20:15 AM)

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/style/gloves/thorns-in-the-glove-you-cant-take-off.asp

Why would anyone pay nearly $1000 for gloves they cannot take off without shredding their hands?

jonson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (15/10/2013 8:45:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

That only works once or so Jonson has told me in the past.

[:D] It worked twice thanks.
Anyway, interestingly I heard yesterday that 6 were arrested during the raid for being illegally in the country, all from the same restaurant. I reckon I deserve free takeaways for life. [:D]

quote:

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/style/gloves/thorns-in-the-glove-you-cant-take-off.asp

Why would anyone pay nearly $1000 for gloves they cannot take off without shredding their hands?

WTF!
I hope they don't start manufacturing similar socks as well. That could get painful for male teens across the country [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  971 972 [973] 974 975   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI