RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

UTB -> RE: What are you thinking......... (20/8/2013 6:47:56 PM)

I utterly adore beer (and Bourbon) and getting mildly shitfaced. If it didn't come with all the calories and health problems it does, I'd have it every day. I don't, of course.

Though I also love tea. And coffee. Lots of it.

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (20/8/2013 11:26:59 PM)

You know when you watch one youtube video, which leads to another, then another, then another, and eventually you end up on seemingly opposite ends of the youtube spectrum (or something)?

I've gone from a video of a group of circus lions attacking their trainer, to eventually a video of a young woman petting her dog while it's put to sleep.

I've felt every emotion possible in the last hour [:(]

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (21/8/2013 2:21:59 PM)

I just lost the game.

SWOTBM -> RE: What are you thinking......... (21/8/2013 9:54:27 PM)

I recently started working at this new office and there is a really bubbly (and very attractive I might add) woman working there; but I noticed today that on two occasions touched my arm and shoulder, and even hugged me at one point (after I offered to give her my notes). Is such behaviour appropriate?

Btw, I don't mind it [:D], but I was just a little surprised by it is all. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Sumintelligentguy -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 12:23:17 AM)

Maybe you're about to engage in an emotional affair.

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 12:41:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

I recently started working at this new office and there is a really bubbly (and very attractive I might add) woman working there; but I noticed today that on two occasions touched my arm and shoulder, and even hugged me at one point (after I offered to give her my notes). Is such behaviour appropriate?

Btw, I don't mind it [:D], but I was just a little surprised by it is all. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Not for a while. [:(]

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 12:49:13 AM)

quote:

Depends on your definition of appropriate beahvior, I guess.

Personally speaking, I have this neurotic thing about people I hardly know getting overly-familiar. It bothers when people engage with me in the way you just described. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.

Chief -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 8:39:05 AM)

quote:

Does she do it to other people or just you? Some people are just like that but if all her attention is directed at you then she might be into you. Or she thinks you're simple and is trying some sensory therapy on you.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 8:53:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Depends on your definition of appropriate beahvior, I guess.

Personally speaking, I have this neurotic thing about people I hardly know getting overly-familiar. It bothers when people engage with me in the way you just described. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.

I'm with MC on this. My personal space is exactly that with people I don't know that well (and with some people I do know well!!). I would find it really odd if any of my work colleagues did it.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 8:58:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

Can somebody please find Matty and give him a hug? [:)]

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 9:17:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Not after what happened last time.

jonson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 9:47:24 AM)

quote:

I have a client who is possibly the campest man alive. He is married to another bloke who makes Larry Grayson look like Chuck Norris.
Ever since I first met them, they touch me all the time [:D] On the arm, the shoulder, the hand, the back, not the cock yet but it's probably only matter of time [:D]
I'm not slightly bothered by it, it's just a friendly gesture but I would have thought some people might find it too personal.
I don't find it inappropriate but I imagine a lot of people would. Certainly if they weren't gay but did the same thing to a woman, it may seem a bit wrong.
I don't know what difference it makes that they are gay and I am male, but to be truthful, if I thought they looked at my arse when I bent over and got a twitch in the pants, I'd probably be quite flattered.

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 10:51:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not after what happened last time.

Hey, I gave you a tissue to clear up afterwards.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 2:55:34 PM)

Looks like I'll be getting my first visit to Scotchland in Sept!! To visit the offices in Livingston and Dunfermline (don't like the look of that bridge I'll need to cross!!)

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 3:36:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Looks like I'll be getting my first visit to Scotchland in Sept!! To visit the offices in Livingston and Dunfermline (don't like the look of that bridge I'll need to cross!!)

Have you never been up here before? And wasn't it the Livingstone office you had pics of with bits falling off last snow? [:D]

Are there offices over the west of the country too?

steffols -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 3:54:00 PM)

quote:

Ooh my neck of the woods! [:D] Those Livi offices are amazing. I went for an interview there once and I know a couple of people who work there. Also about 10 minutes away from my hometown, drop in and say hello to my parents!

Chief -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 4:20:38 PM)

quote:

2 minutes from both my house and work. I cycle past it everyday. I'll hold a sign up when you're there. [:D]

Or moon it.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 4:36:50 PM)

quote:

quote:

Have you never been up here before? And wasn't it the Livingstone office you had pics of with bits falling off last snow? [:D]

Nope, never been across the border [sm=scared04.gif] [:D]

It was the Livingston office that I had pics of but a colleague had sent them to me. We've also got offices just outside Glasgow.

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
drop in and say hello to my parents!

I'll just knock on the door and announce I know Steffols [:D]

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 4:38:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

2 minutes from both my house and work. I cycle past it everyday. I'll hold a sign up when you're there. [:D]

Or moon it.

I'll look out for you! Keep an ear out for someone shouting "Chief" really loudly! [:D]

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 4:49:22 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, never been across the border [sm=scared04.gif] [:D]

It was the Livingston office that I had pics of but a colleague had sent them to me. We've also got offices just outside Glasgow.

I realise now that sounds odd, but I meant more to express surprise the office was still in one piece! [:D]

SWOTBM -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 8:12:35 PM)

quote:

quote:

Does she do it to other people or just you? Some people are just like that but if all her attention is directed at you then she might be into you. Or she thinks you're simple and is trying some sensory therapy on you.

I only really noticed it yesterday, but I am going to see if she does it to everyone else as well- she is certainly very outgoing with everyone. As I said, it doesn't bother me; I was just surprised. If she is into me, which I doubt, I would want to avoid an office romance; I actually quite like this new job.

Thanks for the advice/opinions everyone else [;)]

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/8/2013 9:48:02 PM)

My new winter weight suit arrived today. Now I want the weather to change so I can wear it.

Chief -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/8/2013 8:56:04 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I only really noticed it yesterday, but I am going to see if she does it to everyone else as well- she is certainly very outgoing with everyone. As I said, it doesn't bother me; I was just surprised. If she is into me, which I doubt, I would want to avoid an office romance; I actually quite like this new job.

Just FYI, I ended up marrying mine so you never know!

UTB -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/8/2013 9:06:01 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just FYI, I ended up marrying mine so you never know!

Me too. Well, not married. But we have a house and a dog together. That's pretty much married, I think.

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/8/2013 3:38:12 PM)

I love the person who decided Affleck should be the next Batman. The meltdown has been entertaining me all day. [:D]

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/8/2013 3:46:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I love the person who decided Affleck should be the next Batman. The meltdown has been entertaining me all day. [:D]

Hugely amusing isn't it? I think it's hilarious. But most of what I've seen is more of the 'I'm above this' type comment. At least I legitimately don't give a toss about the films - I didn't even bother going to the cinema to see Man of Steel. So I happily gave my 2 cents on Affleck generally.

Artoo -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/8/2013 4:35:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Hugely amusing isn't it? I think it's hilarious. But most of what I've seen is more of the 'I'm above this' type comment. At least I legitimately don't give a toss about the films - I didn't even bother going to the cinema to see Man of Steel. So I happily gave my 2 cents on Affleck generally.

Kind of ironic given the content of this very post!? [&:]

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/8/2013 4:47:09 PM)

That isn't remotely what I mean. I'm talking about the people slamming those complaining and the way they've been doing it.

I'm not above it because I'm not part giving a toss about the film - I'm off somewhere to the side, just a random film fan who doesn't think Affleck's much of an actor. [:)]

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/8/2013 6:21:19 PM)

The Racoons on LOVEFILM Instant. There goes another wasted Friday night .

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/8/2013 6:32:04 PM)

Ha, yeah. Two series as well. I Tweeted them a few weeks ago asking if they could get more 80s cartoons and they said, they'd try. You're welcome [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  958 959 [960] 961 962   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI