RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Chief -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/6/2013 9:38:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SadFace

The woman with bird's nest hair on Channel 4's Confessions of an Alien Abductee tonight lives in my home village. She lives on the same street as an old lady whose dog I walk for her. Clearly, I need to watch out for UFOs next time I'm home.

Edit: Turns out, the woman's son was in my brother's class at primary school.

They were all a bizarre bunch. It definitely appeared to be some sort of coping mechanism for real life tragedy.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/6/2013 11:50:16 AM)

"Shamwow, ideal for cleaning your car!" Ideal for smearing the water from one place to another and barely absorbing a drop more like. My car looks more smeary and dirty now than when I started. [8|]

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/6/2013 10:19:20 PM)

I've just realised how much that CIA whistleblower on the news looks like me [&:]

I even have the same glasses.

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (14/6/2013 10:27:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I've just realised how much that CIA whistleblower on the news looks like me [&:]

I even have the same glasses.

So is there a reward if I turn you in? I'm moving house so the extra cash would be handy.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (15/6/2013 4:49:45 AM)

Ooh, so this is what this place looks like at stupid o'clock......

Up to catch early flight to Belfast for Game of Thrones exhibition [sm=w00t.gif]

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (15/6/2013 9:56:51 AM)

Five minutes ago it was sunny, now it is thunderbolts and lightning and hail and pouring rain. I think a pack a mac may be in order when I go out later if it is that changeable.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (15/6/2013 11:28:34 AM)

Was it very very frightening?

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (15/6/2013 2:46:00 PM)

Mama mia! It certainly was.

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 9:26:17 PM)

I've been listening to some Joss Whedon interviews recently and I have to say that I certainly did not expect him to sound like a camp Agent Smith.

vad3r -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 9:30:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

I've been listening to some Joss Whedon interviews recently and I have to say that I certainly did not expect him to sound like a camp Agent Smith.

[image]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A0HmocNCIAAMqBg.png[/image]

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 9:35:34 PM)

quote:

He certainly doesn't sound like that in person. How odd.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 9:35:36 PM)

quote:

[image]http://d104xtrw2rzoau.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Angel_Confused.gif[/image]

steffols -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 9:47:52 PM)

A colony of wasps appeared this morning on the tree right outside my flat. Looked out the kitchen window and seen a swarm of biblical proportions literally five feet from where I was standing. They are now collected in a huge ball on the end of a branch.

The local council no longer provides a pest control service. So I'm not calling them just for them to tell me the same thing over the phone. The neighbour downstairs was our one hope and shes going away tomorrow so she isn't going to help and the letting agency is so useless I'm not even going to waste my time with them. In my head this is quite a high priority thing as not only is right outside my living room window, it's also right above a pavement and its situated on quite a thin looking branch. I just don't know if anyone will share my sense of urgency. I'm freaking out, everytime I think about it or see it, my knees go funny.

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 9:49:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

[image]http://d104xtrw2rzoau.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Angel_Confused.gif[/image]

Well, that was by no means meant as an insult, I assure you. I feel storm-clouds of ire brewing.

My wife said he sounded like Frasier.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 9:51:30 PM)

quote:

I feel storm-clouds of ire brewing.

Not from me. My gif was of confusion. [:D]

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 9:59:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

A colony of wasps appeared this morning on the tree right outside my flat. Looked out the kitchen window and seen a swarm of biblical proportions literally five feet from where I was standing. They are now collected in a huge ball on the end of a branch.

The local council no longer provides a pest control service. So I'm not calling them just for them to tell me the same thing over the phone. The neighbour downstairs was our one hope and shes going away tomorrow so she isn't going to help and the letting agency is so useless I'm not even going to waste my time with them. In my head this is quite a high priority thing as not only is right outside my living room window, it's also right above a pavement and its situated on quite a thin looking branch. I just don't know if anyone will share my sense of urgency. I'm freaking out, everytime I think about it or see it, my knees go funny.

Nuke the entire colony. Only way to be sure.

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 9:59:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

I feel storm-clouds of ire brewing.

Not from me. My gif was of confusion. [:D]

I can't be the only one who was a little taken aback by how he sounded. For some reason I'd never heard his voice until recently, despite being into Buffy and Angel. I think I was expecting a kind of geeky uber-nerd whine, albeit an intelligent one. But yeah it was Agent Smith meets Frasier Crane. Nothing wrong with that!

vad3r -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 10:00:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, that was by no means meant as an insult, I assure you. I feel storm-clouds of ire brewing.

My wife said he sounded like Frasier.

He is a great man! A God.

Watch his speeches on feminism, humanism and his q&a's for the loyal followers who've stood by and seen his Whedonverse grow and conquer the world.

[image]http://seriable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/joss-whedon-is-our-leader-now.jpg[/image]

Whedonites unite.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 10:00:46 PM)

I already knew what he sounded like through commentaries and behind the scenes stuff etc. [:)]

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 10:05:47 PM)

quote:

I already knew what he sounded like through commentaries and behind the scenes stuff etc. [:)]

And you didn't think "crikey, he sounds like Agent Smith meets Frasier Crane?" Just me then. [:D]

And vad3r, calm down child, I have nothing against Whedon whatsoever. He is awesome.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 10:09:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

And you didn't think "crikey, he sounds like Agent Smith meets Frasier Crane?" Just me then. [:D]

No, I don't think I thought he sounded like anything, to be honest [:D]

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 10:24:32 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, I don't think I thought he sounded like anything, to be honest [:D]

Kind of the same. Although maybe the mike was a factor.

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 10:47:16 PM)

Wow, anyone else seen those pictures of Charles Saatchi with his hands round Nigella Lawson's throat? Shocking. What a prick.

vad3r -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 10:51:33 PM)

Any man who raises his hand on a woman should be sentenced to life without parole.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 11:00:45 PM)

quote:

Wow, anyone else seen those pictures of Charles Saatchi with his hands round Nigella Lawson's throat? Shocking. What a prick.

Ugh. Just saw them, what a fucking wanker. [:@]

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/6/2013 11:09:57 PM)

She deserves better me. Like me.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/6/2013 7:04:59 AM)

quote:

quote:

That is an understatement. He apparently did it three times during a meal in a restaurant.

Who does that sort of thing in private never mind in public? The shocking thing was from the report she just accepted it as normal and gave him a kiss before they left the restaurant.

steffols -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/6/2013 10:57:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

quote:

That is an understatement. He apparently did it three times during a meal in a restaurant.

Who does that sort of thing in private never mind in public? The shocking thing was from the report she just accepted it as normal and gave him a kiss before they left the restaurant.

The photos do look shocking but you don't always know the situation around this. How can we be sure this is actually domestic abuse? It's wise to not jump to conclusions without knowing the full story beforehand, however bad the photos are. To me personally, if someone was going for my neck I would have a more panicked look on my face. But we don't know the story surrounding it, so I think jumping to personal attacks is a bit brash.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/6/2013 11:04:38 AM)

Except the story around it (and I'm still not sure why this was in a paper and someone didn't call the police) refers to the context as being an altercation, ongoing and loud enough to be heard inside the restaurant, and in the street outside.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/6/2013 11:20:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
The photos do look shocking but you don't always know the situation around this. How can we be sure this is actually domestic abuse? It's wise to not jump to conclusions without knowing the full story beforehand, however bad the photos are. To me personally, if someone was going for my neck I would have a more panicked look on my face. But we don't know the story surrounding it, so I think jumping to personal attacks is a bit brash.

There are photos of her after, crying and all witness accounts say it was an assault. Also, why would he have his hand (and at one point, both) round her neck. As for her expression, she's hardly laughing or even smiling, is she? Maybe this isn't a new thing for her.....

Oh, and why are the police investigating? If it wasn't domestic violence, she could tell them so and say she doesn't want to take it further.

Page: <<   < prev  940 941 [942] 943 944   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI