RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

kumar -> RE: What are you thinking......... (5/5/2013 11:31:50 PM)

Racism really fucks me off. But it does so much more than coming from other ethnicity's. If Nick Griffin were to come and tell me to "fuck off back to yer own cuntry ya terrorist cunt" I would be mad. Although on some level I could maybe, just possibly understand or accept what he was telling me. But if another asian/black/whatever told me the same thing I would be far more mad. Just like I was today.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (6/5/2013 8:40:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

Ugh. After much recommendations and praise, I finally watched Dredd tonight.

Terrible, absolutely awful.

Really? I watched it for the first time last weekend and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It's not spectacular, but I thought it was a decent enough action film.

I bought it for this reason - everybody raved about it and said it was far better than you'd expect it to be. I found it really vacuous, dull, and far too cheesey. I love a lot of films that are tongue in cheek (the A-team for example), but this was just cringeworthy. I actually winced at some of the one liners. Not to mention it'd barely got to the hour mark and I was already checking how long I still had left to go...

I was dubious as soon as the bike chase started and it turns out the vehicles of the future are old vans. The only good thing I found about it was Urban and the slow motion bits which you could tell were about the 3D aspect just ground my gears.

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

[

The A Team has a flying tank, though. That was the point you were sold on it, I would imagine.

It wasn't flying it was falling slowly. [;)]

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (6/5/2013 10:40:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

Ugh. After much recommendations and praise, I finally watched Dredd tonight.

Terrible, absolutely awful.

Really? I watched it for the first time last weekend and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It's not spectacular, but I thought it was a decent enough action film.

I bought it for this reason - everybody raved about it and said it was far better than you'd expect it to be. I found it really vacuous, dull, and far too cheesey. I love a lot of films that are tongue in cheek (the A-team for example), but this was just cringeworthy. I actually winced at some of the one liners. Not to mention it'd barely got to the hour mark and I was already checking how long I still had left to go...

I was dubious as soon as the bike chase started and it turns out the vehicles of the future are old vans. The only good thing I found about it was Urban and the slow motion bits which you could tell were about the 3D aspect just ground my gears.

Ugh, I got fed up with all the slow motion scenes. Yes, I know that was 'The Point' since the drug they were using was called Slo-Mo (how clever!), but it began to grate on me. Not to mention those scenes were all sparkly........

superdan -> RE: What are you thinking......... (6/5/2013 11:46:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I was dubious as soon as the bike chase started and it turns out the vehicles of the future are old vans.

If I didn't let Kirk driving a Corvette Stingray, with his "HELLO! NO I'M IN A CAR!" ringtone and listening to Beastie Boys bother me, old vans were never going to get to me [:D]

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (6/5/2013 9:19:35 PM)

Watching Curse of the Black Pearl at the moment and two things have occurred to me.

1) This film is 10 years old [:o]

2) After the 3 sequels which failed to live up to expectations, it's great to see that this film is still as fresh and fun as I remembered.

...although, despite every other character saying otherwise, Orlando Bloom and Stellan Skarsgard really look nothing alike [:D]

Funkyrae -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/5/2013 8:11:39 PM)

I've taken on a role in a new film called Succubi. According to one executive producer, it's likely to end up being banned. The writer/director is known for his 'out there' stuff that looks at boundaries and laughs at them while kicking them over.

I'm thinking that my comfort zone is well and truly going for a Burton.

SadFace -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/5/2013 9:12:19 PM)

THE MOUSE IS BACK. IT JUST RAN UNDER MY BED.

This house is like a fucking zoo. A shit one though.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/5/2013 9:12:36 PM)

I'm praying that the weather in Melbourne right now isn't as shitty as it was last week, driving three hours into a miserable cold city is the worst [:D]

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/5/2013 9:23:41 PM)

Lovely day!

Spot of crazy golf in the sunshine followed by a BBQ on my pal's roof.

Needless to say I am a typical Scot and managed to get burnt.

paul_ie86 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (8/5/2013 10:57:43 AM)

I'm wondering how many hours a day matty spends on tumblr to have all these gifs ready at a moments notice. [:D]

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (8/5/2013 11:22:12 AM)

[image]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3cf2uCcQc1r9m2in.gif[/image]

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (8/5/2013 7:00:14 PM)

Big day for me tomorrow - I return to work!

I've been off since the end of October. I really can't wait to get back, so excited. [:)]

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (8/5/2013 10:23:28 PM)

Someone's very nicely helping me with my CV at the moment, but I'm seriously struggling to write down my interests in a way that would look good on it. I've already put my best Film related example (a documentary I made a few years ago), but I don't think I'd get away with mentioning another film related example.

[EDIT]

What can I say? I'm an introvert. I have very few interests, but when I do have one I become fanatic about it.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 1:01:07 AM)

I thought the seagulls here were bad before, but walking home from the pictures today I saw one eating the remains of a pigeon who looked to have met an untimely end via a rather nasty run-in with a car. Myself and the bloke walking past me shared a mutual grimace. I averted my gaze from the avian cannibalism and moved on briskly lest I became ill and boaked upon myself.

UTB -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 1:07:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

I thought the seagulls here were bad before, but walking home from the pictures today I saw one eating the remains of a pigeon who looked to have met an untimely end via a rather nasty run-in with a car. Myself and the bloke walking past me shared a mutual grimace. I averted my gaze from the avian cannibalism and moved on briskly lest I became ill and boaked upon myself.

Who knows, might help keep the pigeon population down. Birds eat other birds, of course. I used to live with a couple who had a barn owl and it was fed baby chicks.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 1:17:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Who knows, might help keep the pigeon population down. Birds eat other birds, of course. I used to live with a couple who had a barn owl and it was fed baby chicks.

Yes, but who eats the seagulls, UTB? FLYING BADGERS??? [sm=scared04.gif]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 9:01:10 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I dunno, coastgoard?

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 11:01:54 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I dunno, coastgoard?

You're really slipping of late.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 11:46:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I dunno,coastgoard?

You're really slipping of late.

Do you know that feeling of well-being you felt when you noticed the "error" and posted the correction just there? That warmth of satisfaction and oneupmanship?

I did that.

You're welcome.

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 11:51:55 AM)

[image]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy310/patsypoutusXxX/Gifs/bth_gif3.gif[/image]

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 3:31:50 PM)

quote:

Nobody can appreciate the beast-like quality of the seagulls up here. They're practically the size of horses.

Myself and my brother almost ran over some in the car recently because there was a seagull fight going on, with two of them in the middle and a ring of supporters round them. In the middle of the road, and they wouldn't budge even when the car was practically upon them.

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 5:32:31 PM)

A friend on Facebook just asked for costume ideas for an Australia themed night out, how much trouble could I get into for suggesting going as a stingray?

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 5:35:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

A friend on Facebook just asked for costume ideas for an Australia themed night out, how much trouble could I get into for suggesting going as a stingray?

I would imagine quite a lot.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 6:12:23 PM)

I wonder how many people will go as Rolf Harris? Genuine thought.

SadFace -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 6:15:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I wonder how many people will go as Rolf Harris? Genuine thought.

At a Halloween party last year, someone came as Jimmy Savile. The most disturbing thing was actually how much he looked like him.

Scott_ -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 8:37:00 PM)

I really hope that wasn't an actual Walking Dead spoiler on The Big Bang Theory..,

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 8:45:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

I really hope that wasn't an actual Walking Dead spoiler on The Big Bang Theory..,

I thought the same thing! Surely that's going to attract a lot of complaints. I haven't seen any of Walking Dead, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to watch it.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 8:46:35 PM)

quote:

quote:

I thought the same thing! Surely that's going to attract a lot of complaints. I haven't seen any of Walking Dead, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to watch it.

I found it odd given that they did warn up front about Harry Potter.

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 8:49:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Excuse my slowness, but what do you mean? How did they warn about the HP spoilers, they took me by surprise? I've never had any interest in HP and I realise there reaches a certain time after the films/books have been around that spoilers are fair game, but that's 2 spoilers for me for that, plus Walking Dead

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/5/2013 8:52:48 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Excuse my slowness, but what do you mean? How did they warn about the HP spoilers, they took me by surprise? I've never had any interest in HP and I realise there reaches a certain time after the films/books have been around that spoilers are fair game, but that's 2 spoilers for me for that, plus Walking Dead

The announcer warned about it immediately before the show started. I actually looked it up to see what it meant (although not that quickly since it was right at the start). Noticed there was a Walking Dead one and warned my husband in case he planned to ever watch it. [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  926 927 [928] 929 930   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI