RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

horribleives -> RE: What are you thinking......... (29/4/2013 6:58:08 PM)

Just watched Labour's latest party political broadcast. Oh do fuck off, Miliband.

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (29/4/2013 8:15:40 PM)

I've been banned from another forum, this is a new experience for me [:-]

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (29/4/2013 8:17:08 PM)

My! Mr Hood what sort of atrocity have you been perpetrating? [;)]

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (29/4/2013 8:21:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

My! Mr Hood what sort of atrocity have you been perpetrating? [;)]

Acting like I do here [:D] You're all a very accommodating bunch.

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (29/4/2013 8:40:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Tell us where it is and we'll invade.

Either that or send Homer over to correct their punctuation.

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (29/4/2013 8:48:52 PM)

It's only a temporary ban & I'd quite like to be able to go back there eventually, so no thanks [:D]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (29/4/2013 9:00:54 PM)

I'd offer the correction service anyway.

horribleives -> RE: What are you thinking......... (29/4/2013 11:50:10 PM)

quote:

It's only a temporary ban & I'd quite like to be able to go back there eventually, so no thanks [:D]

Come on, what did you do?

paul_ie86 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 12:50:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

what did you come on?

horribleives -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 12:53:51 AM)

His silence speaks volumes.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 7:15:21 AM)

Mama, just killed a man,
put a gun to his head,
pulled the trigger now he's dead.

For some reason i see this as Hood's theme now.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 11:02:29 AM)

A variable message sign on the M8 the other day said

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT
IT'S
THE LAW 

I bet they wanted everything to be lower case but THE LAW

I also think they'd just watched Dredd.

jcthefirst -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 12:17:32 PM)

My local Forbidden Planet has a sign with a speech bubble above Dredd saying "5p per bag. IT'S THE LAW!"

Made me chuckle.

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 12:20:15 PM)

quote:

Fucking smash the system with a baguette, bro.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 12:49:21 PM)

If I hadn't been stopped at a red light this morning I may well have crashed the car at the sight of the following chap

Middle aged man with long hair (looked like he was in his 50's or older) and ALL in pink and I mean all! Pink shoes, pink leather/PVC trousers, pink Barbie t-shirt, pink Barbie baseball cap, pink denim jacket and topped off with a pink Barbie backpack [sm=augen14.gif]

He was oblivious to all the double taking and mouth open stares [:D]

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 12:51:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Middle aged man with long hair (looked like he was in his 50's or older) and ALL in pink and I mean all! Pink shoes, pink leather/PVC trousers, pink Barbie t-shirt, pink Barbie baseball cap, pink denim jacket and topped off with a pink Barbie backpack [sm=augen14.gif]

I see my dad's escaped from the mental institution again.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 12:54:48 PM)

If I see him in the morning do you want me to drop him off in St Albans? (I'll be at the office there tomorrow) [:D]

Chief -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 12:55:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

If I hadn't been stopped at a red light this morning I may well have crashed the car at the sight of the following chap

It was Katie Price.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 1:08:37 PM)

Well, he did have long blonde hair in a ponytail [:D]

kumar -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 7:44:35 PM)

Does anyone else find sharing photos of your new babys and sharing every photo you have of them with everyone on facebook a little wierd?

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/4/2013 8:02:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Does anyone else find sharing photos of your new babys and sharing every photo you have of them with everyone on facebook a little wierd?

I would find it very weird if people were sharing photos of my children on Facebook, yes.

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/5/2013 7:07:53 AM)

Speaking of Facebook I'll never understand why people update their statuses with "Happy birthday to my lovely little (insert very young child's name) who is two today!" The child doesn't have an account and is incapable of reading the sentiment. And surely one would congratulate the child in person instead of via the proxy of social media. And then other people chime in with "Happy birthday, (young child's name), I can't believe you're two, oh wow!" What is the fucking point of that! The small child will not be receiving the birthday congratulations and certainly won't be able to respond with "by golly-gosh, I can't believe I'm two, either! How time flies!"

I know some would argue that it's just good form to acknowledge the birthdays of one's friend's children, but it just seems so inane and pointless.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/5/2013 7:58:54 AM)

I've done that. I mean, not actually in the form of wishing my child a happy birthday, but more mentioned the fact that it's his or her birthday and holy shit does that make me feel old. That sort of thing. Actually saying "happy birthday son" is nonsense, because, as you say, he isn't on facebook... But I've put like, "holy crap I can't believe my son is TEN. TEN?! WTF!" etc

Chief -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/5/2013 8:43:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Why share anything?

talpacino -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/5/2013 10:26:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

I've done that. I mean, not actually in the form of wishing my child a happy birthday, but more mentioned the fact that it's his or her birthday and holy shit does that make me feel old. That sort of thing. Actually saying "happy birthday son" is nonsense, because, as you say, he isn't on facebook... But I've put like, "holy crap I can't believe my son is TEN. TEN?! WTF!" etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X06HoBb2e0

But yeah it irks me when parents do that, "Happy birthday to my beautiful daughter" thing. Just go tell her. It's purely attention seeking but then that's what Facebook is for, right? That and looking at Borstal's missus.

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/5/2013 10:34:18 AM)

quote:

See, I can understand that because you're actually addressing other adults with a topic that many will be able to appreciate, as opposed to a thinly-veiled plea for validation and attention by reminding everyone that it's your kid's birthday.

paul_ie86 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/5/2013 11:30:19 AM)

quote:

How old will you feel when he does go on facebook?

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/5/2013 11:54:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

I know people with children on Facebook below the 13 year old lower limit. But yeah, I guess I will feel about 35... Because I will be, when he's 13.

God, 35...

steffols -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/5/2013 12:45:58 PM)

I have in the past acknowledged my brothers birthday on facebook (he is actually on facebook but I didn't tag him). I have also acknowledged the 10th year since my Granpa died. Not because I'm seeking attention, but I want people to see how much I miss my Granpa and I want to share a photo of him.

There are some things I get annoyed about on facebook, but wishing a person/child happy birthday via a status is not one of them. Just because they're saying it on facebook doesn't mean they are ignoring the person/child in real life.

paul_ie86 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/5/2013 12:49:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

I know people with children on Facebook below the 13 year old lower limit. But yeah, I guess I will feel about 35... Because I will be, when he's 13.

God, 35...

Yeah, but thinking about it, he would only have been coming up/just passed his first birthday when facebook was invented. Hell, just typing that makes me feel old.

Page: <<   < prev  924 925 [926] 927 928   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI