RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

impqueen -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/3/2013 8:25:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Iíve not tried that but might give it go. Having said that I enjoy the odd whiskey but I really dislike Glenfiddich so maybe itís not really the beverage for me.

Looking back I can almost identify the moment impy became dead to me to the nearest syllable.

[:D] Dreadfully sorry.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/3/2013 8:15:22 PM)

I am thinking, since I have started up my Lovefilm Instant account again maybe I should use it to watch stuff I haven't seen before instead of watching season one of Criminal Minds for the umpteenth time. [&:]

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/3/2013 11:14:45 PM)

Next door neighbours are having some kind of domestic so bad that I thought someone was banging on my front door. [sm=scared04.gif]

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/3/2013 11:29:23 PM)

Been there, I may have to go court as a witness because of my last neighbours. I live next door to a council 'halfway house' so I get all sorts living next to me. It's fun [&:]

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/3/2013 11:37:47 PM)

I should probably clarify that this isn't a husband and wife thing.

They have a 14-year-old daughter and I've heard her and her mam have proper screaming matches before and I think this was more of the same complete with slamming doors.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/3/2013 11:50:01 PM)

Yeah, it isn't always husbands and wife situations next to me either [:)]

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/3/2013 1:12:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I live next door to a council 'halfway house' so I get all sorts living next to me. It's fun [&:]

Yes, my family and I currently live quite near such a facility. In fact I was having problems with a few of the "tenants" last year (there's some stuff in the 'pissed off' thread) and while it's been quiet this year - so far - I feel like I'm always on edge about it. Apparently "half-way house" is not the politically correct term anymore; now they're called 'move-on properties'. As in "why don't you just fucking move on!"

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/3/2013 1:27:28 AM)

The woman at my local council called a halfway house. [:D]

It has been quiet so far this year but as of this week it is empty so I'm dreading who moves in next. I really can't cope with a repeat of last year [&:]

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/3/2013 11:54:25 AM)

I really need to start hiding my laptop and my phone when I plan on going out to get drunk...

Funkyrae -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/3/2013 7:57:08 PM)

Filming and photoshoot today, more filming on Friday - this time for a television documentary.

I'm knackered!

Sumintelligentguy -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/3/2013 8:54:51 PM)

20 pages from the end of Love in the Time of Cholera and I leave the book in my uncle's car!!!!!! [:@]

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/3/2013 9:03:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I really need to start hiding my laptop and my phone when I plan on going out to get drunk...

Oh dear, sounds like puppetry of the penis has made a comeback?

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/3/2013 9:04:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sumintelligentguy

20 pages from the end of Love in the Time of Cholera and I leave the book in my uncle's car!!!!!!

They all die at the end. *

*may not be true. I've never read it.

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/3/2013 9:10:40 PM)

quote:

20 pages from the end of Love in the Time of Cholera and I leave the book in my uncle's car!!!!!! [:@]

This frankly idiotic move betrays your username. : )

Sumintelligentguy -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/3/2013 10:13:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

20 pages from the end of Love in the Time of Cholera and I leave the book in my uncle's car!!!!!!

They all die at the end. *

*may not be true. I've never read it.

You're probably a lot closer to the truth than you think.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

This frankly idiotic move betrays your username. : )

I am a fool. But it's ok because the library at work has a copy. Lunch hour sorted.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 12:41:47 AM)

quote:

quote:

Iíve not tried that but might give it go. Having said that I enjoy the odd whiskey but I really dislike Glenfiddich so maybe itís not really the beverage for me.

Looking back I can almost identify the moment impy became dead to me to the nearest syllable.

Was it the dislike of Glenfiddich, or the superfluous E in whisky that killed her for you?

Mnemonic: There's no E in 'Scotland', so there's no E in 'whisky'. There is in E in 'Ireland', so there's an E in whiskey.

Know your scotch from your Irish!

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 1:25:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Was it the dislike of Glenfiddich, or the superfluous E in whisky that killed her for you?

Mnemonic: There's no E in 'Scotland', so there's no E in 'whisky'. There is in E in 'Ireland', so there's an E in whiskey.

I want to party with you.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 1:42:20 AM)

Tea. It's not bad at all. Maybe I should try and have more than one cup ever three years.

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 8:07:35 AM)

Tea is awesome.

But were you really drinking it at 1:42 in the morning?

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 9:25:35 AM)

I was. I've had two more since.

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 9:32:17 AM)

You're a constant source of fascination to me, Gimli.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 9:34:26 AM)

Is there a specific time period for drinking tea?

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 9:48:09 AM)

No, just the time of the morning and the amount you've drank in that time frame, considering you haven't had any for three years.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 9:51:03 AM)

After my current cup I'll probably not have another for months.

steffols -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 11:12:35 AM)

I only starting drinking tea when I moved down South. It is most comforting.

Beno -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 1:24:49 PM)

Came on here to try to clear my mind of what im thinking about to be honest. Dont want to come across as maudling but just recently cant stop constantly thinking about my Daughter who has Motor Neurones and has deteriorated a bit over the last 3 months or so and im majorly scared to death for her. Having kids you always worry anyway but when something like this invades in such an evil way as a parent you lose sleep and worry tenfold - sorry just needed to spill my heart out to a faceless internet - will try to be a daft old sarky Beno again.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 1:35:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

I've not tried that but might give it go. Having said that I enjoy the odd whiskey but I really dislike Glenfiddich so maybe it's not really the beverage for me.

I had this discussion with Reb when she was putting up my review of Angels' Share and the issue over whether I'd spelt 'whisky' correctly [:D]

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 1:42:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Came on here to try to clear my mind of what im thinking about to be honest. Dont want to come across as maudling but just recently cant stop constantly thinking about my Daughter who has Motor Neurones and has deteriorated a bit over the last 3 months or so and im majorly scared to death for her. Having kids you always worry anyway but when something like this invades in such an evil way as a parent you lose sleep and worry tenfold - sorry just needed to spill my heart out to a faceless internet - will try to be a daft old sarky Beno again.

I've been lucky enough never to know someone suffering from this (the closest is MS - I think that's kind of related-ish?). Fear seems to be such a prominent part of it, what will happen and when. It's a horrible thing to have to go through. It's often nice how much of a relief it can be just to write the scary stuff down and send it away in a post.

Chief -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 1:51:03 PM)

quote:

What a shitty situation. [&o]

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/3/2013 2:13:30 PM)

quote:

Spill to your heart's content. I have done the same loads within the past 6 months. I can't imagine what you must be feeling as I don't have any kids, but I know if any member of my family had it I would find it very hard. Hope you have a good family around you for support. Have you looked into local support groups at all? I was doing the same recently with my run-in with unfortunate health.

My thoughts are with you.

Page: <<   < prev  912 913 [914] 915 916   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI