RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Harry Tuttle -> RE: What are you thinking......... (16/1/2013 10:46:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I didn't even notice. [:D] Might be too far for me. But you should definitely go. Have you ever seen it?

Yeah our English teacher made us watch it when we were doing Under Milk Wood for GCSE English. I saw it again a few years back. I don't really remember much of it which is odd because I really like the play (which makes my faux pas above all the more embarassing [:D]).

You have to go. I'll think of questions for you to ask. [:D]

If I go then I'll ask your questions (I'm probably going to go to be honest, if I have to I'll take a sickie off work [:D]).

I'm going to a Q&A with Barry Norman the night before and to be honest I'm struggling to think of anything interesting to ask him. I don't really want to go to that to be honest but I showed a slight bit of interest in going and the wife bought us tickets so I'm pretty much stuck.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/1/2013 10:29:11 AM)

I've gone from having 3 meetings that would have taken up 80% of my day today to having none! All cancelled within 5 mins of each other. What to do? Yes, yes, I have lots of other stuff to be getting on with but not in the right frame of mind to deal with that....... [:D]

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/1/2013 2:48:52 PM)

I have a new favourite sandwich place. I asked for a chicken, bacon and spinach sandwich and the woman looked at it, said "not enough bacon in that, is there?" and gave me extra bacon for FREE and WITHOUT ASKING.

Also, it doesn't matter how old I am, it always cheers me up whenever the bus I need turns out to be a doubledecker. The joy of sitting on the top deck will never get old.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/1/2013 2:57:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b
Also, it doesn't matter how old I am, it always cheers me up whenever the bus I need turns out to be a doubledecker. The joy of sitting on the top deck will never get old.

[:D]

I get like that when on the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) as it is driverless so you can sit at the front and pretend you are driving the train [:D]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/1/2013 3:24:55 PM)

quote:

I have a new favourite sandwich place. I asked for a chicken, bacon and spinach sandwich and the woman looked at it, said "not enough bacon in that, is there?" and gave me extra bacon for FREE and WITHOUT ASKING.

Is the bacon lady the new librarian?

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/1/2013 3:26:04 PM)

I barely looked at the lady, I was too busy looking at the extra bacon.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/1/2013 6:08:01 PM)

quote:

I barely looked at the lady, I was too busy looking at the extra bacon.

Euphemism?

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (17/1/2013 6:36:04 PM)

[image]http://www.therichest.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Roger-Moore1.jpg[/image]

horribleives -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 6:49:44 AM)

I've just remembered an interview I read years ago with The Incredible Hulk TV series creator Kenneth Johnston in which he revealed the character of Jack McGhee was inspired by Javert from Les Miserables. This came back to me at almost the exact instant I was also reminded of a film Bryan Singer was said to be developing around 2003, a biopic of Bill Bixby which was all set to star...Hugh Jackman.
The tangled web we weave.
(For anyone who's never seen Les Miserables or The Incredible Hulk, in the former, Javert obsessively pursues Valjean - Hugh Jackman in the new movie - for a number of years in much the same manner Jack McGhee obsessively pursued the big green body builder in the Tina Turner wig and his alter ego David Banner - Bill Bixby - in the hit seventies TV show. Though unlike his french counterpart, McGhee believed Banner to be dead and never once twigged that the mysterious bloke of similar age, hair colour, build and scientific nous who transformed into the titular creature was in fact Banner, which for a so-called investigative reporter made him something of a fuck-wit).

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 7:17:13 AM)

There has been about an inch of snow overnight on the two inches already out there. They are predicting another two by this afternoon. If i go into work it is probably that I will not be getting home. I am really in two minds about going but at the same time I had problems getting in on Wednesday. Decisions, decisions.[&o]

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 7:25:02 AM)

Well it snowed last night and it looks pretty white out there (and still snowing at the moment too).

Just waiting for a text message from my line manager to say whether we're going in today or not. She's 25 minutes later than she said she'd be, so I'm beginning to worry she hasn't saved my number [&:]

Oh go on then, someone quote edit that [8|] [:D]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 9:53:35 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I didn't even notice. [:D] Might be too far for me. But you should definitely go. Have you ever seen it?

Yeah our English teacher made us watch it when we were doing Under Milk Wood for GCSE English. I saw it again a few years back. I don't really remember much of it which is odd because I really like the play (which makes my faux pas above all the more embarassing [:D]).

You have to go. I'll think of questions for you to ask. [:D]

Got my ticket booked so if you have any questions you'd like me to ask then feel free to throw a PM my way [:)].

UTB -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 1:02:16 PM)

Just found out I've won 2 tickets to the Leicester Square premier of The Last Stand next week. [:D][:D]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 1:21:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
Though unlike his french counterpart, McGhee believed Banner to be dead and never once twigged that the mysterious bloke of similar age, hair colour, build and scientific nous who transformed into the titular creature was in fact Banner, which for a so-called investigative reporter made him something of a fuck-wit).

Dunno, Javert looked Valjean in the eye and didn't recognise him, so he's pretty dumb too.

MonsterCat -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 1:24:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Just found out I've won 2 tickets to the Leicester Square premier of The Last Stand next week. [:D][:D]

You get to see Kim Jee Woon in person?

Soooo jealous!

UTB -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 1:27:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

You get to see Kim Jee Woon in person?

Soooo jealous!

I've also met Chan-Wook Park in person too, at the Barbican when I'm A Cyborg was showing as part of the Korean Film Festival.

MovieAddict247 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 2:46:34 PM)

Assorted songs from Les Mis have been stuck in my head for the past week. It's a lot of fun to sing, but I'm starting to feel for my housemates....

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 2:55:25 PM)

The reports of panic buying in S. Wales because of a day of snow is making me even more convinced that people in general are fucking idiots.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 2:59:30 PM)

Get Rawlinson to start typing TV themes at you. Worked for me

Professor Moriarty -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 3:01:22 PM)

quote:

The reports of panic buying in S. Wales because of a day of snow is making me even more convinced that people in general are fucking idiots.

There's a clue in your own post [sm=whistle.gif]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 3:01:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Or start singing "Love Changes Everything" they will then love you when you go back to Les Mis songs

MovieAddict247 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 3:11:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Or start singing "Love Changes Everything" they will then love you when you go back to Les Mis songs

Very true. [:D]

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 3:12:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

There's a clue in your own post [sm=whistle.gif]

[:D]

matty_b -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 6:43:44 PM)

Part of my job involves subtitling live TV programmes, which we do with voice recognition and respeaking what is said on screen.

But it's not a perfect system and so when the presenter signed off an interview with "Thank you for joining us", which I repeated, it sent out the subtitle "Thanks vaginas" instead.

That one might get in the paper.

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 7:19:10 PM)

quote:

Part of my job involves subtitling live TV programmes, which we do with voice recognition and respeaking what is said on screen.

But it's not a perfect system and so when the presenter signed off an interview with "Thank you for joining us", which I repeated, it sent out the subtitle "Thanks vaginas" instead.

[sm=happy07.gif]

impqueen -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 7:35:06 PM)

[:D] That's brilliant.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 8:40:18 PM)

quote:

[sm=happy07.gif]

Brilliant!

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 9:12:30 PM)

The Persuaders, a light, frothy show with a dark theme tune.

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 11:29:36 PM)

Anybody still kicking around?

superdan -> RE: What are you thinking......... (18/1/2013 11:32:03 PM)

I'm flicking between this and Days Of Thunder. Friday night rock n roll.

Page: <<   < prev  885 886 [887] 888 889   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI