RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:19:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Just heard that the nurse who took the Royal prank call has commited suicide.
What a horrible fucking world.

That was a WTF moment for me. Very sad [&o]

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:22:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Just heard that the nurse who took the Royal prank call has commited suicide.
What a horrible fucking world.

That was a WTF moment for me. Very sad [&o]

That is a terrible thing to hear. What an awful thing to happen.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:31:00 PM)

Apparently they're still playing the prank and trailing it because it's about 2.30am over there and no-one seems to have picked up a phone or read an e-mail. 

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:33:22 PM)

What's this prank call? I've heard some vague stuff about it but I didn't realise someone would kill themself over it [&:]

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:34:31 PM)

Some idiots thought it would be funny to pretend to be the queen and get private medical info on her granddaughter in law.

To do it to any pregnant woman was despicable enough IMO. But it went through a receptionist so the nurse assumed it was legit and answered the questions.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:36:03 PM)

And now they're trending worldwide. What a hilarious prank. 

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:36:09 PM)

Got a feeling the radio stations FB page will disappear soon as the comments aren't pleasant....

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:39:45 PM)

Someone must be awake - there's a comment that posts have been deleted. 

horribleives -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:46:07 PM)

What's the odds the tabloids will go all out to pin this poor girl's death firmly on those two idiot DJs while conveniently ignoring the part their outrage may have played?

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 3:55:05 PM)

Looks like one of the DJs has already deleted their Twitter account.

Is it maybe that no-one there knows how to work their website to take stuff down?

Hobbitonlass -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 4:14:04 PM)

I'm thinking I shall be glad to get home today!

I thought I had something in my eye whilst driving to work and managed to poke myself in the eye and damaged my contact lens so half my world has been blurred today. Starting to get a headache so will be leaving soon! [8|]

Darth Marenghi -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 4:20:27 PM)

That radio station's FB page is getting swamped by comments. Wow.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 4:29:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

That radio station's FB page is getting swamped by comments. Wow.

It is pretty intense there. It appears a lot of people are upset they have not admitted that the whole thing was wrong and should not have happened even without this awful event.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 4:32:20 PM)

Looks like someone has worked out how to take the site down (given they must be awake as both twitter accounts are gone - I guess everyone you know trying to call you will do that). 

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 5:19:36 PM)

Just looked at that Facebook page. Jesus wept. While it was a stupid thing to do, and a stupid thing to fall for, the amount of abuse is absurd. I doubt very much that those two berks intended for this to happen. What's tasteless is that people are spamming all sections of the Facebook page, inlcuding posts that are supposed to be tributes to other people.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 5:26:27 PM)

Those comments left on the memorial to that little boy are very tasteless and heartless.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 5:28:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Just looked at that Facebook page. Jesus wept. While it was a stupid thing to do, and a stupid thing to fall for, the amount of abuse is absurd. I doubt very much that those two berks intended for this to happen. What's tasteless is that people are spamming all sections of the Facebook page, inlcuding posts that are supposed to be tributes to other people.

I don't think intent is relevant. Isn't there still a basic legal doctrine of common law that you take your victim as you find them? A negligent and cruel prank - these are the consqueneces if it helped push a vulnerable person over the edge. I hope they throw a bloody large book at them. Someone should have done for the 'prank' in the first place.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 6:06:05 PM)

My Christmas tree looks crappy [:(]

The one in my sig looks better.

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 6:39:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

I don't think intent is relevant. Isn't there still a basic legal doctrine of common law that you take your victim as you find them? A negligent and cruel prank - these are the consqueneces if it helped push a vulnerable person over the edge. I hope they throw a bloody large book at them. Someone should have done for the 'prank' in the first place.

Oh absolutely. Just to clarify I hope they're punished appropriately for this, and I'm sure they will be as the owners of that station must be shitting themselves, especially as the segment was cleared by their lawyers prior to broadcast. But I do have a problem with the righteous mob swamping that FB page and, as Sanch pointed out, leaving abuse on a section dedicated to the death of a small boy. I understand the disdain, but so many people lose perspective en masse.

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 6:42:20 PM)

I don't use FB so I only saw the website proper - which was still advertising the prank a couple of hours after this story broke (and which was still being trailed on their programming as well). I'm guessing they don't have a duty manager on site - or if they do he was having a bit of a snooze!

steffols -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 6:48:04 PM)

My tree isn't looking up to much either. Needs thicker tinsel and maybe more lights. I ran out of tinsel and now the bottom just looks naff. Not impressed but it will be improved tomorrow!

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 7:11:58 PM)

I only have a fibre optic tree that's just under two foot tall. I was planning on getting a new one when I had my job that last three months but that didn't work out. I may just get some other decorations for around the house to brighten the place up a bit [:)]

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 7:13:19 PM)

I've been ordered by one of the girls on my team to buy tinsel and bring some in on Monday. I think I might just buy loads and bury her desk underneath it.

jcthefirst -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 7:16:53 PM)

Cactus beer is rank.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 7:17:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I've been ordered by one of the girls. I think I might just bury her.

Problem with female authority, Hoody?

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 7:19:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

It's not really a problem with authority as such, I just don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 7:22:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

I'm not a fan of all that misquoting malarky but that made me laugh.[:D]

Must be the frame of mind I am in, which is quite worrying actually [&:]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 8:31:36 PM)

Hmm. A quiet friday night in for a change. I think I might crack open a couple of bottles of Corona (the lager not the fizzy drinks [:D]) and make a dent in the mahoosive backlog of films I have to watch.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 8:37:12 PM)

I have a backlog of movies to watch too but for some reason I just don't seem to want to watch any. [&:]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: What are you thinking......... (7/12/2012 8:44:14 PM)

The problem I tend to have when the backlog becomes too large is that I take too much time choosing a film to watch, lose patience and just end up channel surfing, switching the xbox on or picking up a book instead.

I feel focussed tonight though, I already know what 2 films I'm going to watch and that's a fucking rarity for me [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  865 866 [867] 868 869   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI