RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/11/2012 9:31:50 PM)

I agree it sounds exactly like sciatica. When I had it it was due to a prolapsed disc pressing on the nerve (thankfully now sliced out). I will say that pilates was a godsend when in the dark days when I was on three types of painkiller and anti-inflammatories the exercises really helped to mediate the discomfort.. I really feel for you it is an awful thing when it is at its worst. If they offer your Tramadol be careful as it is a bitch to come off of if on it long term.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 11:11:52 AM)

There appears to be only one good reason to watch The Wright Stuff.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 5:42:33 PM)

The Wright Stuff is still going????

(and what is that reason? Does Matthew Wright get hit in the balls with a different item every episode? In December he's getting hit by everything from the song '12 Days Of Christmas, although the fifth day will be quite boring....')

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 6:28:52 PM)

[image]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash3/41593_122329677796119_5951_n.jpg[/image]

Kirsty Duffy. Other than that a complete waste of time.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 6:36:14 PM)

Ah, fair enough [:D]

Like I say, I didn't even know it was still going [&:]

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 6:40:11 PM)

It is an indicated of the sheer level of boredom and cabin fever I am experiencing in that I am watching The Wright Stuff.[&o]

Also Occupational Health are supposed to call me regarding a possible phased return to work (ie half days for a week or two) as I am possibly not up to a full time return to work straight off but they want me to go back a week full time before they will call me to discuss if I am well enough to go back full time at this time? I see a something strange there,

horribleives -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 6:47:17 PM)

I quite like Matthew. I used to think he was a 'Wright' tit back when I was a young 'un, but I enjoy the show these days - it occasionally has some good guests and he actually talks a lot of sense on most issues. A lot of people I know (most of whom have never actually seen the programme) seem to think he's some kind of right-wing ranting loon which couldn't be further from the truth. Though I accept that some people just can't get beyond his face and shit-eating grin. But he' seems like a decent enough bloke to me.
But yes, enough with the hyperbole - Kirsty is clearly the best thing about it.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 7:24:15 PM)

I would drink her bathwater.

Maybe that is sharing too much.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 10:22:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I quite like Matthew. I used to think he was a 'Wright' tit back when I was a young 'un, but I enjoy the show these days - it occasionally has some good guests and he actually talks a lot of sense on most issues. A lot of people I know (most of whom have never actually seen the programme) seem to think he's some kind of right-wing ranting loon which couldn't be further from the truth. Though I accept that some people just can't get beyond his face and shit-eating grin. But he' seems like a decent enough bloke to me.
But yes, enough with the hyperbole - Kirsty is clearly the best thing about it.

I used to watch the show years ago and just can't stand him.Maybe that would change if I watched it now and since I'm older and mellower [:D]

Anyway, I posted this in the appropriate thread in Favourite Films but I thought I'd think it here- Gremlins had finally been downgraded to 12A. [:)]

Rinc -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 10:28:13 PM)

I used to work for the TV company that made The Wright Stuff so I often worked on the phones, did a little bit of research for it and helped out in the studio. Wright was always ok, could be a ballbreaker to those that properly worked on the show but overall a nice guy who has an incredible knowledge of everything that's in the news or has been in the news.

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 10:30:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I would drink her bathwater.

Maybe that is sharing too much.

Not enough.

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 11:08:20 PM)

I really really want a onesie for Christmas. My flat is so cold that I don't care how merciless the mockery is.

The girls in work thought I was kidding when I agreed with their Doctor Who onesie present idea [8D]

DancingClown -> RE: What are you thinking......... (23/11/2012 11:37:00 PM)

Jack Whitehall - still can't decide whether I want to laugh at him or punch him in the bollocks.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (24/11/2012 8:33:54 AM)

Punch him in the bollocks then laugh. The best of both worlds.

talpacino -> RE: What are you thinking......... (24/11/2012 11:10:03 AM)

Lasagne for breakfast. Gah. Rough night.

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 10:35:48 AM)

I just woke up in pain all over because I was so tensed up. Why? Because I had a stupid dream that a tiger was on the loose in my home town and no matter how many times I tried to get hold of a phone something would happen so I couldn't dial out.

I was obviously so stressed out in my dream that I was tensing my whole body up. Seriously the pain when I woke up just now was awful!

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 11:24:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Oh my god I feel sick!!

I love programmes like Supersized Earth that is currently on the BBC (did you know that Lincoln Cathedral was the worlds tallest building in the Middle Ages!) but the guy is helping clean the windows of the now worlds tallest building in Dubai and my vertigo has kicked in big time [sm=icon8.gif] [:D]

Just seen this now. I'd love to have a go at that!

talpacino -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 1:35:17 PM)

Facebook relationship status updated - Single.

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhqqj4dbj21qayczvo1_500.jpg[/image]

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 2:22:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I just woke up in pain all over because I was so tensed up. Why? Because I had a stupid dream that a tiger was on the loose in my home town and no matter how many times I tried to get hold of a phone something would happen so I couldn't dial out.

I was obviously so stressed out in my dream that I was tensing my whole body up. Seriously the pain when I woke up just now was awful!

I hate that. I have IBS and I've woken up with an attack triggered by a bad dream [>:]

My husband caught that programme too Hobbs, but only skimming through. One shot and he quickly turned over - I think someone was looking down from the top of one of those buildings?

pedros -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 3:34:12 PM)

Just realised that I had my debit card stolen on Friday night, and the fuckers took 250 from my account. I'm assuming that when I bought a round at the bar someone watched me enter my pin number and then swiped it from my pocket. Phoned Natwest and they said to fill in some sort of form - has this happened to anyone? Is there much chance that I'll get my money back?

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 3:41:42 PM)

They may give you grief about concealing your pin - maybe talk to someone like Citizen's Advice to get the facts on what your rights are? 

pedros -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 3:53:40 PM)

It's my own stupid fault for being so drunk that I didn't have my wits about me. I did the same thing last year when I got hug-mugged and had my phone stolen. I'm a fucking liability.

Sway -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 4:27:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pedros

Just realised that I had my debit card stolen on Friday night, and the fuckers took 250 from my account. I'm assuming that when I bought a round at the bar someone watched me enter my pin number and then swiped it from my pocket. Phoned Natwest and they said to fill in some sort of form - has this happened to anyone? Is there much chance that I'll get my money back?

I had somebody spend 700 of my money only last week - Bank of Scotland called me before it had even appeared on my account though - and I was fully reimbursed once it came out of my account.

Hopefully you'll be alreet.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 6:03:46 PM)

If the card was used to withdraw cash, then I don't think that is covered. It never used to be, because the person would need your PIN as well. However, since you need PINs for all card transactions these days except those backstreet ancient shops that still use those carbon copy manual machine things because they're stuck in the 1970s, I don't know if PIN transactions are covered in general now. It seems unreasonable not to cover losses of use with PIN, just because that's basically any card use that isn't online.

That wasn't much help, I'm afraid. I hope you get it sorted. I used to have to deal with people calling to register cards as stolen and they mark the transactions that you query as being fraudulent and they look into it. Fingers crossed for you.

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 6:06:07 PM)

I'm thinking that sometimes we should just be allowed to call someone a fucking idiot, when they clearly are a fucking idiot, without mod involvement. Just when any sane person reading the post will also come to the conclusion that the poster is a fucking idiot. Would release a lot of the forum stress.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 6:08:19 PM)

Which thread, Rawls? [:D]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 6:17:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I'm thinking that sometimes we should just be allowed to call someone a fucking idiot, when they clearly are a fucking idiot, without mod involvement. Just when any sane person reading the post will also come to the conclusion that the poster is a fucking idiot. Would release a lot of the forum stress.

You're absolutely right.

Rawls, you're a fucking idiot.

I'm nothing if not predictable. And rawls will point this out. And look rawls, this post hasn't been edited...

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 6:19:43 PM)

[:D] Black Bond. And more than one post. On both sides of the debate. There's sensible, thoughtful posts on both sides, then there's some that just make you despair.

rawlinson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 6:20:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

You're absolutely right.

Rawls, you're a fucking idiot.

I'm nothing if not predictable. And rawls will point this out. And look rawls, this post hasn't been edited...

Well played.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/11/2012 6:38:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

If the card was used to withdraw cash, then I don't think that is covered. It never used to be, because the person would need your PIN as well. However, since you need PINs for all card transactions these days except those backstreet ancient shops that still use those carbon copy manual machine things because they're stuck in the 1970s, I don't know if PIN transactions are covered in general now. It seems unreasonable not to cover losses of use with PIN, just because that's basically any card use that isn't online.

That wasn't much help, I'm afraid. I hope you get it sorted. I used to have to deal with people calling to register cards as stolen and they mark the transactions that you query as being fraudulent and they look into it. Fingers crossed for you.

There was something on television the other day where a woman was unsuccessful in getting the money back because the bank stated they "should have kept their pin secure". Sadly it is unlikely that the money will be returned in those instances if that was correct. [&o] I suppose it depends on the bank though.

Page: <<   < prev  859 860 [861] 862 863   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI