RE: What are you thinking......... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (26/5/2014 7:17:40 PM)

I wonder if Hood Man still has a sore wrist?

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (28/5/2014 10:14:44 PM)

quote:

It's healing, thanks for asking [:)] Turns out the op was unnecessary, there was nothing to do but shave off a bit of frayed tendon. Now I'm having some physiotherapy to strengthen and tighten everything, so hopefully after a few months I'll be able to put enough weight on it to do pushups again.

Waking up from the Op was fun though. The painkillers caused me to say to the nurse "I'm high as a kite!"

According to them anyway, although it does sound like something I'd say [:D]

Tell you what though, I felt so incredibly happy while the effects of the anesthetic were still wearing off, that I think I now understand how people can get addicted to those sorts of drugs.

So "Yes" [:D]

Mozza -> RE: What are you thinking......... (28/5/2014 11:21:26 PM)

The pub at the end of the street needs to change its playlist. Seriously, if I hear We Found Love by Rihanna one more time I might try to throw a wheelie bin through the window.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (29/5/2014 6:55:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

It's healing, thanks for asking [:)] Turns out the op was unnecessary, there was nothing to do but shave off a bit of frayed tendon. Now I'm having some physiotherapy to strengthen and tighten everything, so hopefully after a few months I'll be able to put enough weight on it to do pushups again.

Waking up from the Op was fun though. The painkillers caused me to say to the nurse "I'm high as a kite!"

According to them anyway, although it does sound like something I'd say [:D]

Tell you what though, I felt so incredibly happy while the effects of the anesthetic were still wearing off, that I think I now understand how people can get addicted to those sorts of drugs.

So "Yes" [:D]

Good to hear it is on the up. [sm=happy34.gif]

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (5/6/2014 9:34:38 PM)

Was Lee Evans always that much of a potty mouth?

horribleives -> RE: What are you thinking......... (6/6/2014 12:44:55 AM)

My missus has been seriously ill in hospital for the last 7 nights. Fingers crossed it looks like she's on the mend but having watched the amazing staff work their arses off to help her (whilst doing the same for the dozen or so other patients on the ward) it doesn't half make you realise what a genuinely fantastic institution the NHS is and what selfish, reprehensible cunts those who oppose and undermine it in the name of spiteful ideology truly are.
It's almost made me want to forgive the nurses for wearing bloody pyjamas and not dressing like Barbara Windsor anymore. Almost.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (6/6/2014 7:05:29 AM)

I hope she gets better soon horribleives.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (8/6/2014 10:17:35 AM)

The zombie apocalypse may have begun. There was some religious rap style yoof preaching in Norwich yesterday and apparently he has seen "dead people killed".

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (8/6/2014 10:30:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

My missus has been seriously ill in hospital for the last 7 nights. Fingers crossed it looks like she's on the mend but having watched the amazing staff work their arses off to help her (whilst doing the same for the dozen or so other patients on the ward) it doesn't half make you realise what a genuinely fantastic institution the NHS is and what selfish, reprehensible cunts those who oppose and undermine it in the name of spiteful ideology truly are.
It's almost made me want to forgive the nurses for wearing bloody pyjamas and not dressing like Barbara Windsor anymore. Almost.

This this this. They might be under-staffed and ill-supported but my dad has been in 2 hospitals for the last 6 weeks, in various units and without exception the nursing staff have been what we would call exceptional and what they probably think is normal.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (19/6/2014 5:32:45 PM)

I can certainly see why they say that filming a movie is a dull process. They are filming a period piece at Norwich Cathedral and I got caught up in it today (I just wanted to get to the other side of the road but had to wait 15 minutes whilst they filmed some girls in brown dresses and bonnets getting onto a horse cart which then moved forward about two feet, repeat). Maybe if I had managed to get to the UEA where they were filming Avengers 2 last week it would have been more interesting?

horribleives -> RE: What are you thinking......... (20/6/2014 2:07:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I can certainly see why they say that filming a movie is a dull process. They are filming a period piece at Norwich Cathedral and I got caught up in it today (I just wanted to get to the other side of the road but had to wait 15 minutes whilst they filmed some girls in brown dresses and bonnets getting onto a horse cart which then moved forward about two feet, repeat). Maybe if I had managed to get to the UEA where they were filming Avengers 2 last week it would have been more interesting?

I watched a scene from Vera being filmed last summer. And by 'scene' I mean 'Brenda Blethyn getting out of her car and crossing a road. About ten times'. Not sure if that amount of takes is the norm or the director fancied himself as a bit of a Kubrick but it was both fascinating and deathly dull in equal measure.

HughesRoss -> RE: What are you thinking......... (20/6/2014 3:20:31 PM)

.....How long its been that I haven't posted on here.............

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (20/6/2014 5:07:03 PM)

3 months and 7 days. [;)]

Valanya -> RE: What are you thinking......... (20/6/2014 6:51:44 PM)

[&:]

I'm supposed to be going to view this car tomorrow, which is very exciting as I can finally afford something that doesn't look like it's about to fall apart. I just tried to run an HPI check though, and apparently the DVLA has no record of the license plate number? Shows up as the right car on an insurance search though, and on a registration plate checker it's shown as being registered in the right place at the right time. But none of the HPI checks or the DVLA website can see it.

...that's not a good thing, right?

elab49 -> RE: What are you thinking......... (22/6/2014 9:18:42 AM)

Has it changed plate number? Some cars can a lot with private plates etc. We had something similar when my dad got a car last year but it was at Arnold Clark and they had the papers for both numbers to the RAC check reran on the correct one fine. Does it show any reg changes? Although if it's not showing the latest number you'd need to see the last.

I think a perfectly valid question to the person selling would be why it's not on the HPI check because I'm not sure it could get through the first two unless there was a good reason? I think the main check is VIN number to V5.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (1/7/2014 7:55:12 PM)

I just bought a bottle of Coke which I later realised had "Bro" on the label, I realise there is the share a Coke with a friend thing going on but firstly is anyone called "Bro" and if it is a nickname are we still in the '90's and I did not realise it?

UTB -> RE: What are you thinking......... (25/7/2014 10:14:29 AM)

Almost three weeks and nobody has been thinking anything...

I have a telephone interview this afternoon and to be honest... I can't be arsed. I'm so bored with my current job that I can't muster the enthusiasm to go and work for anyone else, which I know is a shite attitude given some are unable to find work, but there you go. I'm not even sure this potential employer is of interest, more to do with me not being at my current employer any more.

Senor Benedict -> RE: What are you thinking......... (27/7/2014 8:05:47 PM)

Be thankful you have a job, UTB, I've been out of work for a few months and I'm waiting to hear on a job that will mean a drop in pay by a fucking THIRD but I'm so desperate to get it... that's how bad the employment situation is in my neck of the woods...

Sorry to be whining about this stuff and I hope it works out for you but.. shit, things are pretty bad right now, aren't they?

[sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (27/7/2014 8:57:29 PM)

I had heard Cop Out was bad but I was still unprepared for just how awful it truly is.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: What are you thinking......... (28/7/2014 10:59:35 AM)

Japan teenager arrested for beheading classmate.

A 15-year-old Japanese schoolgirl has been arrested for allegedly killing and dismembering a classmate.
Police claim the girl beat her friend on Saturday, strangled her then cut off her head and one of her hands.
The victim has been named as Aiwa Matsuo. Her body was found in the apartment of the suspect, who was living apart from her parents in Sasebo city, south-west Japan.
Police say the suspect used a metal instrument to beat her friend and quoted the girl as saying “I did it all by myself”.

LINK

[sm=icon8.gif]

Scott_ -> RE: What are you thinking......... (28/7/2014 11:20:29 AM)

People are fucked up.

superdan -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/7/2014 2:13:40 PM)

I've been thinking for a while that the national lottery jackpots seemed a little, well, shit compared to how they used to be even a few years ago. Turns out they are. Tonight is £2.1m, a couple of weeks ago it was £1.6m and in May there was a jackpot total of £1.4m. The lowest total even in 1997 was £2.9m, when the ticket cost half what it does now and with inflation taken into account would be worth £4.6m today.

Given that the whole purpose of the lottery (as far as I'm concerned) is the chance, no matter how slim, of winning enough money to tell work to fuck off forever, it seems a bit pointless

shool -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/7/2014 2:20:28 PM)

Are less people playing these days?

superdan -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/7/2014 2:24:51 PM)

I suppose they must be, though I think it's fair to assume that doubling the price while keeping the jackpot the same or lower was bound to have a negative effect.

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (30/7/2014 5:36:11 PM)

I think a load of people moved to Euromillions when the price doubled. They essentially shot themselves in the foot by increasing it 100% as most people I know who played gave up at that point.

horribleives -> RE: What are you thinking......... (31/7/2014 7:56:00 PM)

I had no idea synesthesia was a thing - I always assumed everybody else also thought numbers, letters, words, names, sounds and songs had colours and days, weeks, months, years, decades etc had their own shapes and patterns. I feel quite special now.

Hood_Man -> RE: What are you thinking......... (8/8/2014 10:51:38 PM)

That band was about as metal as Enya.

musht -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/8/2014 7:01:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I had no idea synesthesia was a thing - I always assumed everybody else also thought numbers, letters, words, names, sounds and songs had colours and days, weeks, months, years, decades etc had their own shapes and patterns. I feel quite special now.

I had to google it … it's kinda weird

sanchia -> RE: What are you thinking......... (9/8/2014 7:31:27 AM)

I like when people can taste colour or music.

jonson -> RE: What are you thinking......... (11/8/2014 9:27:44 AM)

Frank Maloney, err, I mean, Kellie Maloney, needs some make-up advice.

Page: <<   < prev  997 998 999 [1000] 1001   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI