RE: Bioshock (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock (24/8/2007 9:05:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kami89

Wooop, just completed the game and the end wasn't as hard as I was initially making it for myself.

Simply Amazing, best game I've played on the 360 so far, definetly deserves the praise it's been getting.

Now then, just to play it through again....and again....and again....

Nice. I wish I had your commitment to it, every time I die or get close to death I turn it off and inevitably come back after 10 minutes. Just got telekinesis and am searching for that doctor fucker.

AndyR -> RE: Bioshock (24/8/2007 9:22:50 PM)

Wow, this game is fantastic! I've just killed my first Big Daddy and made the "choice". The only slight downside is that it's been pretty easy so far, you definitely need to play this on hard to get much of a challenge.

UTB -> RE: Bioshock (24/8/2007 10:11:51 PM)

Killed the doctor, killed 2 bots and now i'm wandering around helplessly with "no current objective" or whatever the fuck it says.

Infuriating. But nice to look at.

krudler -> RE: Bioshock (24/8/2007 11:39:42 PM)

do the little sisters appear randomly? i keep hearing one on the tunnel to the surgery but cant see where she is,i saw the big daddy in a tunnel acorss from me but cant get to it

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Bioshock (25/8/2007 12:21:17 AM)

I'm trying to advance to the submarine but it won't let me, it keeps telling me I've missed the Little Sister from that Deck, so I'm going to have to restart the game because as I said earlier she dissappeared after I killed the Big Daddy, and I don't think she's here for me to find anymore.

Wilbert -> RE: Bioshock (25/8/2007 12:39:04 AM)

quote:

Wooop, just completed the game and the end wasn't as hard as I was initially making it for myself.

Simply Amazing, best game I've played on the 360 so far, definetly deserves the praise it's been getting.

How long were you playing it?

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Bioshock (25/8/2007 12:40:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

How long were you playing it?

I'm going to hazard a guess at too long to be a healthy amount. [:D]

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock (25/8/2007 12:50:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I'm trying to advance to the submarine but it won't let me, it keeps telling me I've missed the Little Sister from that Deck, so I'm going to have to restart the game because as I said earlier she dissappeared after I killed the Big Daddy, and I don't think she's here for me to find anymore.

Oh shit, do you have to deal with every Little Sister? Just fought my first Big Daddy, motherfucker laid me out in about 30 seconds.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Bioshock (25/8/2007 12:58:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Oh shit, do you have to deal with every Little Sister? Just fought my first Big Daddy, motherfucker laid me out in about 30 seconds.

Turns out you don't have to, it's just a suggestion. However I just found out that if you leave the part of the level you're on the way you entered it, and then return all the Big Daddies respawn, so all is not lost with that little sister, I'm going to have a crack at that tomorrow.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed -> RE: Bioshock (25/8/2007 10:48:07 AM)

first big daddy defeated and 2 little sister's saved so far

lord of the pies -> RE: Bioshock (25/8/2007 11:51:07 AM)

Anyone got any tips on defeating the Big Daddys. I've killed 3 so far but it took ages and I'm thinking there must be an easier way. Any tips?

Gizmo 76 -> RE: Bioshock (25/8/2007 12:46:37 PM)

Heat seeking RPG, turn's them to charcoal [:D]

Absoluely loving this game, at Arcadia at the moment, saved 5 little sisters so far, superb stuff.

krudler -> RE: Bioshock (25/8/2007 12:57:46 PM)

this really is a feast and famine game,one minute your armed to the teeth and have plenty of eve hypos and medkits and then one big fight later your scrambling around with a wrench and no health,and i fucking HATE the security bots! theyre a cheap enemy in any game and in this theyre so annoying it gets frustrating, fighting the big daddies gets a bit easier,the first one demolished me in about 10 secs but shotgun blasts to the head seems to work a treat

Chojin -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 3:42:28 PM)

just got back from MK with my nice tin boxed copy!

yay[:)]

...this means other games i was <50% through will get neglected...always the way :/

target -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 4:25:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

just got back from MK with my nice tin boxed copy!

yay[:)]

...this means other games i was <50% through will get neglected...always the way :/

Milton keynes?

Gizmo 76 -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 4:52:59 PM)

Saved all the little sisters that I can so far, quite sad watching the big daddies walking around knocking and knocking and nobody comes out [:(][:D]

Just got up to the flower woman now, the cyclone weapon appears a bit weak, but loving making the enemies fight each, freezing the f*ckers and my upgraded lighting. I've got to be well on my way to another hacking achievement, and just picked up a new what look's to be fun new gun as well.

Not going to get to play this for the rest of the weekend now, but will get back to Rapture tuesday night [:)]

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 5:53:57 PM)

Killed my first Big Daddy there a couple of hours ago. He ain't so tough. Only up to the bit where that cunt turned me away from the fisheries, and some splicer threw shuriken type things and killed me. So I turned it off and decided to search for an Electric Picnic ticket. No luck so far... [:(]

juanvasquez -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 6:22:24 PM)

I picked up my copy this morning. According to game the tin edition IS the standard version. Thats why Kami and Hooch would have recieved tin boxes. Only 25 trade in on my PS2. and 4 for the memory card!

Can't play it til monday though cos I'm at the parents near Hull.

TrendMeUp -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 6:34:49 PM)

Ah I killed a Big Daddy without respawning once for the first time earlier. Grenade Launcher + fully upgraded shotgun = win. I love how creative you can be with this game. I've been picking up tables with telekinesis and using them as shields, luring big daddies to hacked RPG launchers and generally wreaking havoc. I'm taking my time because I don't want it to all be over so soon after so much anticipation. I'm playing it on Hard for the first go around and harvesting the Little Sisters. That way I get the Hard completion achievement and the "bad" ending. Then I'll go through it on normal and try and get the "Little Sister Saviour" achievement. I love the little details like the things the Splicers say as they're wandering around. Especially when you shoot them with hornets. "AH! BEES! I HATE BEES!" Marvellous.

TrendMeUp -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 6:36:25 PM)

quote:

So I turned it off and decided to search for an Electric Picnic ticket. No luck so far... [:(]

There are a lot on ebay.

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 7:27:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TrendMeUp

quote:

So I turned it off and decided to search for an Electric Picnic ticket. No luck so far... [:(]

There are a lot on ebay.

I know, but I'm a bit cynical when it comes to ebay. Also, some of them are costing far more than I'm willing to pay, considering I'll miss all of Friday.

Anyway, sorry for pulling the thread [sm=schild15.gif]

borstal -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 8:20:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Hull.

You poor bastard

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 10:00:04 PM)

finished arcadia at last

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (25/8/2007 11:39:01 PM)

I decided to go for the 360 version in the end because I could trade in Forza 2 and get the tin edition for 9.99 at Blockbuster. I'm only about an hour into the game so far but I'm absolutely loving it, as I knew I would. So far I would say that this is a very rare occurence in that it's something that's actually worthy of all the crazy hype it's been getting.

It's promising rain for the rest of the bank holiday round these parts so I know what I'm going to be doing over the rest of the weekend [:D].

Wilbert -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (26/8/2007 2:26:34 AM)

Anyone get Bioshock on the PC?

Might have been a big mistake.

Read this

http://hylomorph.livejournal.com/35472.html

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (26/8/2007 3:45:54 AM)

Shoulda got a 360.

HIM -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (26/8/2007 9:37:01 AM)

I don't know what it is about this game but it just hasn't grabbed me thus far. I'm in the medical wing bit and have just gotten myself Telekinesis so I'm not that far, but I've still been playing it for a good 2 or 3 hours. Usually more than enough time for a game to either grab me by the balls and make me play or leave me with a bitter taste that only a shit game can. Bioshock has done neither. I don't love the game, but I don't hate it either. I guess I'm just waiting for that moment when something will happen and make me go 'Wow' and it'll justify all the hype and glowing reviews. So far it's been pretty standard FPS. Nothing I've not seen before.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (26/8/2007 10:15:14 AM)

just got to apollo square, and got a few of the secret achievements as well

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (26/8/2007 1:34:21 PM)

I've just got the camera and I'm trying to take a photo of 3 spider splicers at the mo, it's proving to be a bit of a challenge as well. Not as challenging as the first Big Daddy encounter though, man that was tough. It must've taken him about 10 seconds to wipe the floor with me. Interestingly though, none of the other Big Daddies were as tough as him, and now that I've got electric buck shots and RPG rounds I managed to get through an encounter without dying for the first time.

This game is absolutely awesome, I find myself just looking around rooms to marvel in their beauty on occasion because it's just so damn gorgeous.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture (26/8/2007 1:36:20 PM)

There are only 3 spider splicers to take photos of in specific locations so you shouldn't struggle too much, it's just a case of finding them.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.492188E-02