RE: Bioshock (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Kami89 -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 11:38:28 AM)

Just got an email from ShopTo saying that it's been dispatched, will arrive tomorrow morning....

Cannot wait...

borstal -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 12:23:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Is this going to be another Halo? All these fantastic reviews have actually got me doubting if I'll love it. Very few titles that have so much prestige before release have actually turned out to reflect their scores. Final Fantasy 7, Halo and yes even Ocarina were dissapointing for me in different degrees.

The game that was recently voted Best Videogame Ever was a disappointment to you? You must have played it a long time after it was released because when it came out, there was nothing like it.

Bought it on release day and as I said was slightly dissapointed after all the hype. Ive never said it wasnt good. Easily in the top 10 games Ive ever played. Heres a revelation, just because it was voted that doesnt mean everyone thinks that.

Wilbert -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 12:29:58 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is this going to be another Halo? All these fantastic reviews have actually got me doubting if I'll love it. Very few titles that have so much prestige before release have actually turned out to reflect their scores. Final Fantasy 7, Halo and yes even Ocarina were dissapointing for me in different degrees.

The game that was recently voted Best Videogame Ever was a disappointment to you? You must have played it a long time after it was released because when it came out, there was nothing like it.

Bought it on release day and as I said was slightly dissapointed after all the hype. Ive never said it wasnt good. Easily in the top 10 games Ive ever played. Heres a revelation, just because it was voted that doesnt mean everyone thinks that.

I know. I wasn't actually outraged by your opinion. We've all bought games that suffered by overhype. I got Halo 2 and once I switched from playing as Master Chief, this horrible sinking feeling set in. This wasn't going to be the game they promised.

krudler -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 2:16:28 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I know. I wasn't actually outraged by your opinion. We've all bought games that suffered by overhype. I got Halo 2 and once I switched from playing as Master Chief, this horrible sinking feeling set in. This wasn't going to be the game they promised.

halo 2 was horrible overhyped, the single player mode was terrible i lost interest in it halfway through and just finished it for the sake of it,returned it 2 days after i bought it, whereas ocarina of time is still one of the greatest games ever made and could happily pick it up and play it now (if bioshock wasnt out friday that is)

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 2:23:19 PM)

Loads of places have already started shiiping BioShock from yesterday and some people have been getting it since this morning. I'm gonna head over to Blanch shopping centre in about half an hour, hopefully somebody's broken the street date.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 2:26:38 PM)

I'm annoyed, Shopto said that they wouldn't be getting it until tomorrow so it wouldn't be with anyone until Friday, what they failed to specify was this was the tin edition, and they already had the regular edition. And I had only just cancelled my regular edition and pre-ordered the tin, and they're no longer taking pre-orders for the regular, so instead of getting it tomorrow I will be getting it on Friday. So I think I'll cancel, I know I can definitely get it tomorrow from one of the local games shops.

DJ Satan -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 2:41:44 PM)

Dammit. I have the tin box on order.

talpacino -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 3:41:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

Loads of places have already started shiiping BioShock from yesterday and some people have been getting it since this morning. I'm gonna head over to Blanch shopping centre in about half an hour, hopefully somebody's broken the street date.

Will you let me know if it's up in Blanch, I'll get the missus to collect it later.

Wilbert -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 3:48:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

I'm heading to Blanch later. It's weird to think we could both be standing in the same queue. I'll be the one staring off into the distance with a thin line of drool hanging out of my mouth.

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 4:09:28 PM)

Fuck. Didn't see it in Game, Virgin, HMV, Xtra Vision or Smyths. Virgin, HMV, and Xtra Vision didn't even have any fucking display boxes to promote it.

If one of you are up there later, let me know if anywhere's started selling. Every shop there sold PES 6 two days early last year, but didn't put them out until the evening I think.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 5:48:21 PM)

Im still undecided about whether or not to get this game on the PC or 360, hence why I haven't ordered it yet. I'll make a snap decision on Saturday methinks because there's nothing to choose between them once I've weighed up the pros and cons.

Pro's for PC - Keyboard and Mouse, will look unbelievable on my new setup.

Pro's for 360 - Prefer playing in front of a TV than a monitor, looks unbelievably lush.

Those are the main ones going through my mind at the mo (plus of course there's achievements to be had on t'360 [:D]).

Yeti -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 7:56:17 PM)

I'm not getting it. Ayn Rand sucks. Don't make me bring up the Demons my philosophy course gave me. Atlas Shrugged my balls more like. Boooooo.

[sm=augen14.gif][sm=augen14.gif][sm=augen14.gif][sm=augen14.gif][sm=augen14.gif]

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 8:54:00 PM)

got it in exchange of nfs most wanted and fear. not a bad trade, i thought

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 9:17:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

got it in exchange of nfs most wanted and fear. not a bad trade, i thought

Where from?

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 9:23:55 PM)

my work (i won't name it as i got it early and don't want to cause any potential ruptions)

edit - i will be getting blue dragon in exchange for crackdown and fifa 07 too

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 9:26:46 PM)

PM?

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed -> RE: Bioshock (22/8/2007 9:30:59 PM)

pm sent

krudler -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 12:16:39 AM)

played it for about an hour,fucking stunning am loving it, the opening scene sets the mood perfectly and the atmosphere is incredible, the big daddys WILL make you shit yourself when you meet the first one

Yeti -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 12:52:06 AM)

I'll be carefully watching you all play it... If it's THAT good. (Well, actually, I won't, but I hopefully won't be here for the second coming either. I'll be on a beach in Great Yarmouth being Heretical and shit). 

Wilbert -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 2:12:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

played it for about an hour,fucking stunning am loving it, the opening scene sets the mood perfectly and the atmosphere is incredible, the big daddys WILL make you shit yourself when you meet the first one

Who broke the street date, Krudler or do you work for a games shop?

krudler -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 12:20:52 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

Who broke the street date, Krudler or do you work for a games shop?

used to work for hmv,called in a favour, they got it delivered yesterday so just let me take one home and will ring it up on friday so techinically they didnt break the date,used to do it all the time when i worked there,got dvds 5 days before they hit the shelves,games usually dont get delivered until thur or fri morning though, i used to be in charge of the games section and was a pain in the arse when stuff arrived fri morning as there was a big rush to get them on the shelves, i remember the day san andreas came out and we didnt get our stock until 10am, people had been queuing outside since 7 and were well pissed off

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 1:19:31 PM)

Fuck, just rang GAME to check if they had it, but they told me: "It's not out 'til tomorrow." And I can't be arsed walking back up there to check the other shops.

DJ Satan -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 1:41:37 PM)

Mine's just been shipped.

Tomorrow I now have to go into town, pick up an Elite, get home, sign for Bioshock, and then head to the Reading festival. I hope the timing works out.

Boring Prophet -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 1:54:52 PM)

Just rang Xtra-Vision, Virgin and Smyths: "It'll be released on Friday."

Fuck sake. I want it now!!!

Kami89 -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 3:21:35 PM)

Mine arrived this morning, the Tin version as well despite the fact that I only ordered the regular version, but hey can't complain.

So far this game is awesome, and the first fight with Big Daddy....wow talk about tense.

DJ Satan -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 3:32:01 PM)

Where did you order yours from? I heard someone else ordered the original version and got a tin version. I'll be a bit miffed if I payed 5 more than other people for the same one.

Kami89 -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 3:39:26 PM)

ShopTo.net

[:D]

DJ Satan -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 3:43:33 PM)

I'm not happy. Especially when you can pick it up at Blockbusters tomorrow with a free faceplate for 34.99.[:@]

Really not happy. Just found out they sent it to my billing address and not my delivery address. So I won't be able to pick it up for over a week. I'm going to send it back. I would not recommend using shopto in future.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 6:32:19 PM)

The reason no-one was able to get it from a big store today despite the street date being broken in numerous places including where I got mine from is because of Microsoft, we phoned up Street Breaker or whatever they're called at work and they said they know about the selling of the game early in multiple places but Microsoft are cracking down hard and refuse to let anywhere officially break the street date because they want it to coincide with the Elite launch to help boost sales.

Mycroft -> RE: Bioshock (23/8/2007 7:13:31 PM)

Has anyone ever read anything about bypassing Steam's country detection? I tried routing all my traffic through an American IP, to no avail. Can't be the billing address because I opened a new account. Hmmm

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.027344E-02