Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

KnightofZyryab -> Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (13/4/2007 10:03:34 PM)

I only saw the last 15 minutes but it was brilliant! The posh scaffolders, the Bill Gates sketch and the final Laurel and Hardy does Brokeback Mountain had me in stitches! What did everyone else think?

sanchia -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (13/4/2007 10:09:29 PM)

Laugh, I didn't.

There were one or two almost funny moments but it just didn't work for me.

bub -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (13/4/2007 10:11:34 PM)

That was fucking awful.

Jar Jar Gabor -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (13/4/2007 10:34:39 PM)

Definitely more miss than hit.

Indio -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (13/4/2007 11:18:56 PM)

I thought it was pretty good, there were a few shit moments (the Mourinho and Abramovich sketches, and the American tourists weren't exactly hilarious), but I thought the rest of it was pretty funny, in particular the U2 sketch and the Laurel & Hardy version of Brokeback Mountain, it wasn't exactly high brow comedy but then I wasn't expecting that.

It was certainly a lot better than I was expecting after seeing the BBC's adverts. 

xim123 -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (14/4/2007 12:19:49 PM)

Yep,  definitely more miss than hit.   Strange how Paul and Harry used to create original characters and most of the amusing parts of this were their versions of real people.

jamesbondguy -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (14/4/2007 5:08:00 PM)

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Harry peaked in the early 90's, I'm afraid. This was a pale mockery of his old stuff.... and let's face it, there are going to be some seriously pissed off Laurel and Hardy fans in the next few days.....

Mr E -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (14/4/2007 5:52:44 PM)

I thought it was all right. Of course it wasn't going to be as good as their old stuff but it was still pretty funny. I'll definitely watch it again. The posh scaffolders was probably my favourite sketch.

pablohoolio -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (14/4/2007 8:22:17 PM)

Didn't think it was that good (The Bill Gates sketch was awful and the Bono and Edge was crap too), BUT the Nelson Mandela impression I nearly pissed myself at I must say....[:D]

And Mourinho was great too 'The referee act like a tit....'

Art Vandelay -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (14/4/2007 9:23:35 PM)

Hit and miss all the way through, but for me, more hit than miss. Although i wouldn't mind seeing a little improvement in the future episodes, possibly coming closer to the glory of their old TV days. 

Mozza -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (15/4/2007 12:18:33 AM)

I thought the Abramovich sketch was hilarious.

"I like your boy.  I buy, for my boy, he play with your boy."

Katamarang -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (15/4/2007 2:25:50 AM)

A couple of big laughs but mainly pretty embarrassing. I don't think Harry Enfield was ever really funny anyway but usually Paul Whitehouse is reliable. Maybe if they'd had more writers.

Henry JW -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (15/4/2007 3:17:34 AM)

It wasn't bad. Some memorable moments, for me the Abramovich and Bill Gates sketches. I'll probably tune in next week.

Newander -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (15/4/2007 8:42:47 AM)

I thought it was ok.
I guess i still had The Fast Show in my head, whihc was hilarious every week, Paul Whitehouse is still really funny, Harry Enfield, not so sure, will give it another go next week, then decide.

jonathan74 -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (15/4/2007 10:07:21 AM)

Who let Harry Enfield back on TV?

Monkeyshaver -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (16/4/2007 10:36:55 AM)

The Brokeback Mountain sketch was good & the Nelson Mandela stuff was hilarious, apart from that is was shite. Most of the sketches were really unfunny & just fell flat at the end with no real payoff/punchline. The U2 sketch seemed to be a variation of the Slade at home stuff Vic & Bob did years ago. Not really a good idea to broadcast your telly comeback on Friday 13th!

Beno -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (16/4/2007 12:28:57 PM)

Anyone know when its repeated so i can judge???

Marky_Mark -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (16/4/2007 1:05:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeyshaver

The Brokeback Mountain sketch was good & the Nelson Mandela stuff was hilarious, apart from that is was shite. Most of the sketches were really unfunny & just fell flat at the end with no real payoff/punchline. The U2 sketch seemed to be a variation of the Slade at home stuff Vic & Bob did years ago. Not really a good idea to broadcast your telly comeback on Friday 13th!

Agreed! I thought the builders sketch was pretty funny too, but overall a massive disappointment.

Shame...aside from The Fast Show I wanted to remember Paul Whitehouse for 'Help' which I thought was amazing.

Art Vandelay -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (16/4/2007 3:59:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Anyone know when its repeated so i can judge???

Think it might be repeated sometime tonight.

Indio -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (16/4/2007 4:47:29 PM)

Its on BBC 2 tonight at 10.

sanchia -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (16/4/2007 6:18:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marky_Mark

Shame...aside from The Fast Show I wanted to remember Paul Whitehouse for 'Help' which I thought was amazing.

A very underrated gem which deserved more than it got.

pettsy -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (16/4/2007 8:43:54 PM)

I think it really suffered being on the same night as the new series of Peep Show started.  It got shown up somewhat.

I wasn't expecting a lot to be honest, but it was still pretty disappointing.  And I was a big fan of ...And Chums and The Fast Show.

Skiba -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (17/4/2007 1:52:43 PM)

Had its moments but overall not that great but I'll still watch next week as a few funny moments is better than none like the majority of comedies on the BBC

TobiasFunke -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (17/4/2007 4:50:32 PM)

It was quite patchy, but not many first episodes of modern comedy shows make me laugh aloud, and this did a few times. The Brokeback Mountain sketch was great, as was Nelson Mandela (brilliant makeup), the 'I saw you coming' guy, the posh builders and Abramovich. I also liked the Geordie being brought in to entertain the snobs. The rest, however, was so-so; but, again, its off to a better start than the deluge of sketch shows we've had to endure over the last few years!  

mike2005 -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (20/4/2007 9:44:19 PM)

Yep, it's still shit.

Mozza -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (20/4/2007 9:46:33 PM)

I like the too-friendly-Americans.  It's scarily true to life.

The rest is still pretty shit.

Art Vandelay -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (20/4/2007 10:03:22 PM)

Only saw the 2nd half, and from what i saw, still remains very hit and miss. The old American couple and the Jose Mourinho sketch were still very enjoyable, as was the Essex couple sketch. However, i think my least favourite sketch is the Nelson Mandela one. Does nothing for me.

KnightofZyryab -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (20/4/2007 10:11:17 PM)

Pretty funny again, observationally the sketches are accurate to a tee - the old American couple in particular, but I didn't really understand where the sketch about the materialistic woman was directed at exactly. The Abramovich -"I buy it" bit gave me some laughs also.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (20/4/2007 10:12:46 PM)

I quite liked the U2 sketch and Nelson Mandela saying 'lets get munted' [sm=augen14.gif] 

Apart from that, only the Americans sketch really amused me tonight. I think that's one of Enfields better characters in this series actually.

Indio -> RE: Ruddy hell! It's Harry and Paul! (20/4/2007 10:31:48 PM)

A few too many of the characters I didn't think much of last week were back, i.e. the surgeons and the American tourists, but I enjoyed this, in particular the South African guy and Nelson Mandela 'get your ecstasy tablets from www.mandelapartyanimal.com.sa ' [:D]

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI