The Terminator (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> The Terminator (21/11/2005 10:48:40 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Workshed -> Seminal Sci-Fi/Horror (4/1/2006 9:48:29 AM)

I saw it when I was about 7 years old and it was absolutely terrifying with it's concept of an unstopable robotic monster, a modern day boogeyman that just wouldn't die. Certainly one of the most groundbreaking movies ever made and more impressive from an unknown writer/director called Jim Cameron and made on a shoe string budget and a bit of gurilla film making. Arnold embodied the role with a horrifying presence due to his mannarisms, voice and huge physique and aided by Stan Winston. The film is masterfully directed and realised by Cameron and the suspense is on a par with anything Hitchcock, Scorsese, Spielberg or De Palma could ever do.

huny_monster -> (10/6/2006 9:03:27 PM)

Good, but not that good. I think its a bit overrated.

bobbyperu -> (24/10/2007 4:29:03 PM)

Arnies best film - then again thats hardly fuckin difficult

bobbyperu -> (24/10/2007 4:29:04 PM)

Arnies best film - then again thats hardly fuckin difficult

!xHoTRoDx! -> An instant classic (16/3/2009 10:12:26 AM)

This is one of my favourite movies ever- and that's a long list! It's no wonder that Cameron got this idea from a nightmare because the first time I watched this I couldn't stop thinking about it for months- I was walking around my school, not blinking, talking in a toneless voice and whenever the school bell would ring I would tell the teachers: "I'll be back."...they were seriously worried. But it's not just Arnie that makes this movie a classic - the tragic love story still gets a lump in my throat and there is a real sense of effort put into making this movie when you watch it. I still can't believe that all of the other studios turned down Cameron's project- HA HA YOU STUBBORN FUCKS! HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW!?

joanna likes films -> Thrilling, Scary And Just Good Fun. (6/6/2009 2:49:04 PM)

Looking forward to going to see the fourth one next Saturday, I begin this from the very begining and boy, what a movie it is. It has a typcial 80s feel of it, chessy music and outragous outfits but it suits the whole film with a art. The Terminator played brilliantly by Arnold Schwarzengger, is out to get poor Sarah Connor played by Linda Hamilton from procduing a son that will save the world from the future war against machines. It's a thrilling movie with some really scary moments and just really good fun. One to watch again and again to enjoy the sights around you.

the film man -> The Terminator Review (13/12/2011 11:06:50 PM)

With its impressive action sequences, taut economic direction, and relentlessly fast pace, it's clear why The Terminator continues to be an influence on sci-fi and action flicks.

jordan thomas -> bloody amazing (19/1/2012 11:40:04 AM)

this is a classic!

SebMModerns -> WE NEED MORE ACTION! (28/6/2012 5:23:12 PM)

I have enjoyed watching The Terminator, there is some of the very best action and acting that this film offered us. I felt that this film needed a little bit more of it and that it ended a little too soon. I have seen the second one too, but I hope to watch 3 and 4 as well! My Rating: 9/10!

Mr Gittes -> A sci-fi action classic (17/2/2013 5:42:36 PM)

As relentless as its antagonist, this is a great, terrifying and unforgettable nightmare of a movie. Cameron did an amazing job with such a low budget, as opposed to recently where he has had huge budgets but the quality of the end product is infinitely inferior to his older movies like this.

RJNeb2 -> Non-stop relentless action (23/7/2015 5:03:41 PM)

Cameron's crackerjack chase thriller is notable for bringing the director to our attention (and how - the taut pacing is spot on) and giving the hulking Arnie his definitive role as the unstoppable cyborg sent from the future to kill the mother of the leader of the human rebels in a future world where the robots are running the show. It's all a breathless killing spree, an action stripped to its bare essentials and all the better for it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI