The Terminator (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> The Terminator (21/11/2005 10:48:40 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Workshed -> Seminal Sci-Fi/Horror (4/1/2006 9:48:29 AM)

I saw it when I was about 7 years old and it was absolutely terrifying with it's concept of an unstopable robotic monster, a modern day boogeyman that just wouldn't die. Certainly one of the most groundbreaking movies ever made and more impressive from an unknown writer/director called Jim Cameron and made on a shoe string budget and a bit of gurilla film making. Arnold embodied the role with a horrifying presence due to his mannarisms, voice and huge physique and aided by Stan Winston. The film is masterfully directed and realised by Cameron and the suspense is on a par with anything Hitchcock, Scorsese, Spielberg or De Palma could ever do.

huny_monster -> (10/6/2006 9:03:27 PM)

Good, but not that good. I think its a bit overrated.

bobbyperu -> (24/10/2007 4:29:03 PM)

Arnies best film - then again thats hardly fuckin difficult

bobbyperu -> (24/10/2007 4:29:04 PM)

Arnies best film - then again thats hardly fuckin difficult

!xHoTRoDx! -> An instant classic (16/3/2009 10:12:26 AM)

This is one of my favourite movies ever- and that's a long list! It's no wonder that Cameron got this idea from a nightmare because the first time I watched this I couldn't stop thinking about it for months- I was walking around my school, not blinking, talking in a toneless voice and whenever the school bell would ring I would tell the teachers: "I'll be back."...they were seriously worried. But it's not just Arnie that makes this movie a classic - the tragic love story still gets a lump in my throat and there is a real sense of effort put into making this movie when you watch it. I still can't believe that all of the other studios turned down Cameron's project- HA HA YOU STUBBORN FUCKS! HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW!?

joanna likes films -> Thrilling, Scary And Just Good Fun. (6/6/2009 2:49:04 PM)

Looking forward to going to see the fourth one next Saturday, I begin this from the very begining and boy, what a movie it is. It has a typcial 80s feel of it, chessy music and outragous outfits but it suits the whole film with a art. The Terminator played brilliantly by Arnold Schwarzengger, is out to get poor Sarah Connor played by Linda Hamilton from procduing a son that will save the world from the future war against machines. It's a thrilling movie with some really scary moments and just really good fun. One to watch again and again to enjoy the sights around you.

the film man -> The Terminator Review (13/12/2011 11:06:50 PM)

With its impressive action sequences, taut economic direction, and relentlessly fast pace, it's clear why The Terminator continues to be an influence on sci-fi and action flicks.

jordan thomas -> bloody amazing (19/1/2012 11:40:04 AM)

this is a classic!

SebMModerns -> WE NEED MORE ACTION! (28/6/2012 5:23:12 PM)

I have enjoyed watching The Terminator, there is some of the very best action and acting that this film offered us. I felt that this film needed a little bit more of it and that it ended a little too soon. I have seen the second one too, but I hope to watch 3 and 4 as well! My Rating: 9/10!

Mr Gittes -> A sci-fi action classic (17/2/2013 5:42:36 PM)

As relentless as its antagonist, this is a great, terrifying and unforgettable nightmare of a movie. Cameron did an amazing job with such a low budget, as opposed to recently where he has had huge budgets but the quality of the end product is infinitely inferior to his older movies like this.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI