The Girl From Tommorow (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

musewitch -> The Girl From Tommorow (1/4/2007 2:52:55 AM)

Very old BBC (I think) serise about a girl from the future who is stranded in our time.  Thats all I can remember on it, but I've started downloading it because I remember it being brilliant. 

Can't wait for episode 1 to compleate!

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The Girl From Tommorow (1/4/2007 3:20:28 AM)

I loved this show. Seem to remember the girl having powers she used through some device she wore on her head. Also she got drunk by eating chocolate - beyond that I dont remember much. There was a sequel though - Tomorrows End which my childhood memories tell me resemebled Blade Runner but I guess the reality will be some what different...

musewitch -> RE: The Girl From Tommorow (1/4/2007 10:20:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I loved this show. Seem to remember the girl having powers she used through some device she wore on her head. Also she got drunk by eating chocolate - beyond that I dont remember much. There was a sequel though - Tomorrows End which my childhood memories tell me resemebled Blade Runner but I guess the reality will be some what different...

Yeah thats right, it was like a hairband and she could levitate things with it.  There was a second serise, with a time gate as well as the time capsule. I've got that downloading too.  I remember people writing in to the BBC asking if they would make it avalable to buy it was that good!
[image]http://www.coucoucircus.org/series/images-series/alana.jpg[/image]

Captain Black -> RE: The Girl From Tomorrow (1/4/2007 10:25:43 AM)

I believe the device is called a 'Transducer'. [8|]

I don't know if I ever saw the first series, but Tomorrow's End was, at least at the time, a very good programme. Even if the accents and repeatedly talking about 'The Great Disastah' did tend to grate after a while. [:D] I think they did much more cause and effect time travel stuff in that one. [sm=33.gif]

Wedge -> RE: The Girl From Tomorrow (1/4/2007 10:41:11 AM)

Ha!  You've awakened some very old memories with that one! [:D]

musewitch -> RE: The Girl From Tomorrow (1/4/2007 11:12:14 AM)

Look what I just found!

http://www.shock.com.au/releases/info.asp?release_ID=130394

JV -> RE: The Girl From Tomorrow (1/4/2007 11:21:21 AM)

Ha, I used to love this! Wasn't the girl called Alana or something like that and there were always Bad Guys after her? Cracking programme. At least, that's how I remember it - I'd probably find it all cheesy and funny if I watched it now. [:D]

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: The Girl From Tomorrow (1/4/2007 12:06:57 PM)

They just don't make kid's programmes like this anymore.

theram05 -> RE: The Girl From Tommorow (2/4/2007 9:40:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

You sure that wasnt Emanuelle?

[sm=31.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI