Skinwalkers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Skinwalkers (26/2/2007 4:51:34 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Timon -> Skinwalkers (26/2/2007 4:51:35 PM)

"Skinwalkers" is a horror action film about a 12-year-old boy who suddenly finds himself at the center of a battle between two warring groups of werewolves. One group of werewolves is sworn to protect him, the other group is trying to kill him -- and the young boy's mother has to find out why her son is at the center of the conflict before time runs out."

Um.....ok. I'm picturing an CGI laden Underworldseque mess filed with lots of pretty people and crap effects for the MTV generation (the cast seems to support this).

Of course, i'll wait till I see a trailer before I completely pass judgement.

picknmix -> Beauty and the Beast (10/5/2007 10:32:27 PM)

Well Timon, you'd be right about the pretty people (Rhona Mitra, Sarah Carter, Jason Behr), there are a couple not so pretty (Kim Coates, Elias Kotes) to, But from some of the stills I've seen it looks like there going for a 'Near Dark' vibe with facal prosthetics, rather than Underworld/CGI. Not so sure about the Beauty and the Beast make-up though, see Skinwalkers IMDB page. I don't expect I'll have a chance to see it up here (Newcastle) anyway as latley nothing except the kids films or blockbusters get a look in.

Timon -> RE: Skinwalkers (1/6/2007 12:41:21 PM)

Anyone for the trailer

Monkeyshaver -> RE: Skinwalkers (1/6/2007 12:51:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

"Skinwalkers" is a horror action film about a 12-year-old boy who suddenly finds himself at the center of a battle between two warring groups of werewolves. One group of werewolves is sworn to protect him, the other group is trying to kill him -- and the young boy's mother has to find out why her son is at the center of the conflict before time runs out."

Um.....ok. I'm picturing an CGI laden Underworldseque mess filed with lots of pretty people and crap effects for the MTV generation (the cast seems to support this).

Of course, i'll wait till I see a trailer before I completely pass judgement.

Sounds like Nigthwatch meets Underworld.[&:]

Timon -> RE: Skinwalkers (1/6/2007 1:04:18 PM)

Just watched the trailer....i hate being right.

Adzong -> Skinwalkers/ straight to dvd (17/10/2007 7:00:19 PM)

I managed to find and watch Skinwalkers from a rare German dvd. This movie is obviously cheaply and badly made, as there is only a few cgi effects and for the the warewolves they use a very bad men in costumes, sort of effect. I'm not at all saying that the old school way of doing special effects is bad, especially if it is done well, unlike this. I was actually expecting the special effects to be the best thing about this movie, as they where done by Stan Winstones studio, ie special effects man on Terminator 1 and 2, but was very disappointed. They obviously didn't want to pay alot for exras either, as in all the town scenes, the streets are dead and one hospital scene is also dead, actually this whole movie is dead, dead shit. If your expecting lot's of gore and warewolf attacks, you will be dissapointed, because from what I can remember there is not one single warewolf attack and hardly any gore. Some of the fight scenes are also a complete joke and an unfunny joke at that.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI