My name is earl (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Mojo Pin -> My name is earl (16/11/2005 1:48:57 AM)

the best thing on ty at the moment is "my name is earl".  Jason lee is trying to balance his karma for all the shitty things he has done over the years. its hilarious, best thing on tv in the states at the moment. not sure when it will cross the atlantic.
Ye all will love it, trust me

Trousers -> RE: My name is earl (1/1/2006 2:40:32 AM)

Can't wait, love Jason Lee [:D]

jediwarrior -> RE: My name is earl (1/1/2006 1:42:37 PM)

I saw the advert for this last night, it looked funny will have to check it out when it is shown

Fitzcarraldo -> RE: My name is earl (1/1/2006 3:10:23 PM)

i cant wait for this, hopefully this will give Lee the recognition he deserves, the man is a legend. I may be biased he is one of my fav actors [8|]

Swoz_MK -> RE: My name is earl (1/1/2006 8:28:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

Ryan Reynolds?

They're basically the same person, but Lee got all the talent.

Sean Fracture -> RE: My name is earl (3/1/2006 12:50:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

quote:

Ryan Reynolds?

I have been saying this ever since he got that damn beard! Honestly, it's just shameless, particularly in Blade Trinity.

On topic, My Name is Earl looks great. It's about time something new and good came from the US.

Indio -> RE: My name is earl (6/1/2006 10:33:50 PM)

I enjoyed it, I don't know as if I'd go as far as saying it was hilarious but there were a few good laughs. Its certainly the best thing Jason Lee has done in ages.

Listening to It Takes Two will never be the same again though. [sm=augen14.gif]

JV -> RE: My name is earl (6/1/2006 10:40:11 PM)

I thought this was really good. Not really laugh-out-loud stuff but definitely chucklesome and I quite like the idea.

Jason Lee is kick-ass.

Cabal aka Boone -> RE: My name is earl (6/1/2006 10:44:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

quote:

Ryan Reynolds?

Yeah, I'd love to see Reynolds try an indy kick flip on his deck! lol

Donald McKinney -> RE: My name is earl (6/1/2006 10:48:44 PM)

This was cool!! Jason Lee was very funny, and the 1st episode was a brilliant start to a good looking series, it has good, offbeat characters, and a good story.

I have high hopes for the rest of the series!! [:D] I will most certainly be tuning in next week!!

mumblin sumpthin -> RE: My name is earl (6/1/2006 11:10:03 PM)

Fucking bollocks and shit, I missed it. I was only saying to someone at work today that I was going to watch it as I really like Jason Lee's acting. Is it repeated at anytime on terrestrial TV does anyone know?

The Mighty -> RE: My name is earl (6/1/2006 11:10:59 PM)

Having seen the first 11 episodes, I can safely say this show is hilarious, and has gotten better week after week.

Reidy -> RE: My name is earl (6/1/2006 11:21:20 PM)

Caught the first episode there. Quite funny, Jason Lee is just brilliant.

Castor Troy -> RE: My name is earl (6/1/2006 11:24:07 PM)

First first thoughts are 'nothing amazing' but it was funny enough. I really like Lee in it and the premise is cool too. It'll need to improve slightly for me to carry on watching though.

sushiandrice -> RE: My name is earl (7/1/2006 12:31:45 PM)

Really liked it. Can only get better. Love the way it's shot.

Donald McKinney -> RE: My name is earl (7/1/2006 1:20:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reidy

Caught the first episode there. Quite funny, Jason Lee is just brilliant.

He always is brilliant!! He's brilliant in Kevin Smith's films, and he voiced a brilliant villian as Syndrome in The Incredibles. Good to see he's doing something like this!!

jediwarrior -> RE: My name is earl (7/1/2006 1:53:06 PM)

First episode was ok a few laughs. I will watch the next couple to see how good it is as it always hard for the first episode as it has to set everything up with the story and showing who is who.

EdNortonFan -> RE: My name is earl (7/1/2006 2:49:42 PM)

Thought this was good, raised a few chuckles, will probably get better as the weeks go.

emily1212 -> RE: My name is earl (7/1/2006 7:32:41 PM)

I've heard that this gets better as the season progresses so I will definately keep tuned.  The fist episode was good but nothing special in my opinion.  Seems like it's got potential though.

Beckymonster -> RE: My name is earl (7/1/2006 7:34:30 PM)

I missed the first ten minutes of this, but having gotten the basic idea from the ads, I thought I'd give it a try. 

I really enjoyed it.  It's completely un-pc, it's scary, but it's heart is in the right place and it made me laugh so much that I thought I'd end up coughing up a lung![:D]

I'll try to catch more and for what it's worth (I'm not exactly a good barometer of 'taste'...  if it ain't "weird" then I ain't usually interested!) I'd recommend this!

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: My name is earl (7/1/2006 9:55:00 PM)

I watched the first episode earlier and thought it was very funny.  I laughed out loud quite a few times. Looking forward to the rest.

Mozza -> RE: My name is earl (7/1/2006 10:27:48 PM)

It was a winner for me, as I find people who say "A Gay" pretty funny.

Donald McKinney -> RE: My name is earl (8/1/2006 4:23:00 PM)

Is it me, or did some of the humour in this slightly resemble something what the Coen Brothers would come up with?? It's almost as if they've done a sitcom...[;)]

Super Hans -> RE: My name is earl (8/1/2006 6:05:13 PM)

I watched the first episode and will certainly be making the effort to watch the rest!   Very funny with Earl and Randy being brilliant characters!  Jason Lee makes me laugh, he's perfect for that role!!

Walkerboy -> RE: My name is earl (9/1/2006 9:33:59 AM)

Found it to be pretty funny, and there were a number of moments when I did LOL...... specifically the shaved cat!

No doubt it will get better and better

Silver Fox -> RE: My name is earl (9/1/2006 12:00:41 PM)

I thought it was brilliant. Not only was lee superb but Ethan Suplee provided hilarious support even though he appears to have been on the Peter Jackson diet.

Highlights had to be earl's face at the birth of earl jr, the whole reaction top coming face to face with a gay for the first time and of course the power of 15 beers, a little enlightenment and rob base and DJ e-z rock.

it is repeated on E4 on Wednesday i think, no good to whoever was after a terrestrial repeat but could work for someone.

Skiba -> RE: My name is earl (10/1/2006 11:02:01 AM)

I loved it!  Some great TV on at the moment but this is up there with the best of it...very good and funny concept that he's looking for Karma even though he doesn't really know what it is!

Sean Fracture -> RE: My name is earl (10/1/2006 2:35:53 PM)

Just watched the first 10 episodes of the first series... It gets better and better. Definitely the best sitcom of it's kind in a long, long time. Ethan Suplee is fantastic, especially. Such a lovable big idiot. And it's crazy how much weight he's lost, even since the Butterfly Effect (boo, hiss, awful movie).

Izzardesque2 -> RE: My name is earl (10/1/2006 2:42:03 PM)

I've watched up to Episode 5 now and am really enjoying it. A lot of it is down to the charm (or lack of it!) of the characters rather than laugh loud funnyness in a lot of cases. Although there are quite a few belly laughs in there too!

Dragonfall 5 -> RE: My name is earl (10/1/2006 3:20:35 PM)

Hilarious.  Will definately be watching this.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI